Should Dixie Carter step down as president of TNA Wrestling?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
For the past two years TNA president Dixie Carter has been really going harder in the paint to compete with the WWE. From TNA's "Cross the line" days to now in the TNA days of "EV.2.0" (or what ever they call ECW in TNA). Dixie Carter's TNA Wrestling has been sailing in wavey waters. And since Dixie Carter has hired Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff late last year. Carter will stop at nothing to go head up with Vince McMahon of the WWE.

Now with TNA's "Hardcore Justice" just around the corner on Sunday, Dixie Carter is letting the company's money ride on this pay per view which mainly features former ECW wrestlers as we know. Without the TNA World Championship title on the line at the PPV?

There are rumors and other talk from the wrestling media's, internet fans, and the underground that within a year, TNA Wrestling may fold? Which so much invested in TNA by Spike TV and other products. Would it be easyer if Dixie Carter just step down as president of TNA Wrestling? Because from outside Carter countlessly on her Facebook & Twitter accounts and texting about her company. She's not even on the same level as Stephanie McMahon, as far as being a female boss (Not being sexes!) in an industry dominated by men.

YES x 1,000,000 Dixie Carter is trying to hard and hurting the company that was doing so well before her, hogan, and bitchoff came into the picture. Dixie is ridiculous I thought she would learn her lesson when she lost the 3 week run of TNA on Monday's but no! Dixie is trying to run the Daytona 500 with a trolling motor :p TNA is awesome because it has young fresh talent (x division) and other great stars. Examples AJ, Pope, Angle, MCMG, Lethal, except now to draw numbers she has wasted money (money the company don't have) on the big guys like Nash, Hogan, RVD, etc etc who are such fucking princess' and used to Vince's hand feeding em they need money and they are fucking boring to watch DIXIE IT IS NOT 1991 SORRY! So Dixie leave step down, let the true stars of TNA shine and put it on the map when it is deserved it will happen I promise. WWE didn't explode over night and thus TNA can not.

And who would replace her? Yeah answer that question and I'll take this thread seriously.
Gotta side with Red, better the Devil you know then the Devil you dont.

Also considering that its her father that is bankrolling this if she goes so does the money and then where will TNA be?

Redd, there's not a wrestling fan alive who could possibly do a worse job with TNA than Dixie has. Hell, almost any member of the IWC would do the company a great service with 1 sentence. "Vince Russo, you're fired." So, since you asked "who could do better than Dixie?" I answer "anyone."

Hell, give Bob Carter the keys to the kingdom. Unlike his apparntly spoiled and half-******ed daughter, he's a business man who will protect his money.

I don't know if she step down,but I believe should definitely step back from the spotlight and let someone who really knows how to run a wrestling company run it. She comes off as nothing but a huge mark with all the tweets and facebook messages. I'm still waiting on the big surprise that's going change TNA forever. I think she does what ever anyone wants her to if they say it will work she falls for it then tweets TNA will change forever.

Like with Dreamer he's been their a few weeks and convinces her to give him full creative control of a PPV. When she signed Hogan all they talked about is how they were coming after WWE. Then when the moved to Monday's failed she backtracked saying we never expected to win. We're moving back to Thursdays because our fans wanted us too. She needs to shut up and let someone else with a wrestling background run things.

For the past two years TNA president Dixie Carter has been really going harder in the paint to compete with the WWE. From TNA's "Cross the line" days to now in the TNA days of "EV.2.0" (or what ever they call ECW in TNA). Dixie Carter's TNA Wrestling has been sailing in wavey waters. And since Dixie Carter has hired Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff late last year. Carter will stop at nothing to go head up with Vince McMahon of the WWE.

Now with TNA's "Hardcore Justice" just around the corner on Sunday, Dixie Carter is letting the company's money ride on this pay per view which mainly features former ECW wrestlers as we know. Without the TNA World Championship title on the line at the PPV?

There are rumors and other talk from the wrestling media's, internet fans, and the underground that within a year, TNA Wrestling may fold? Which so much invested in TNA by Spike TV and other products. Would it be easyer if Dixie Carter just step down as president of TNA Wrestling? Because from outside Carter countlessly on her Facebook & Twitter accounts and texting about her company. She's not even on the same level as Stephanie McMahon, as far as being a female boss (Not being sexes!) in an industry dominated by men.

Translation : I don't know what I'm talking about, I watch WWE 7 days I week so I don't have time for that puny iMPACT!, but I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Fact is, if Dixie was a bad boss, TNA would've folded. This whole "She's a mark" thing is nothing but one big, fat lie. She's doing a helluva lot better job that Jarret did, am I wrong? And Jarrett's been in the business for..how many years?

Just because Dixie is unknown and she's a woman people feel free to make crap up about her, throw it at the wall and hope it'll stick. Well it can't, because you spew BS. For ANY person to be able to attract such guys like Sting, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan in a small time company, can be considered quite an achievement. She gathered 'round the best roster on any televised wrestling TV program today ( did you get a heart attack? Yes the MCMGs ARE better than Kozlov and Santino, gasp away ), and she's making it work every, single, week.

Don't forget - when Vince bought the WWF from his daddy, he was a stinky interviewer, and not even a good one. All he knew about it was what he knew from his 'papi'. He actually learned a lot about the business from Hogan himself.

Redd, there's not a wrestling fan alive who could possibly do a worse job with TNA than Dixie has.
Really, then where are all these people's wrestling companies?

Hell, almost any member of the IWC would do the company a great service with 1 sentence. "Vince Russo, you're fired." So, since you asked "who could do better than Dixie?" I answer "anyone."
Oh God, beat the dead horse some more, yes Vince Russo raped your children. He's also got a job in the wrestling industry that you obviously can't do, if Vince Russo is as bad as the IWC likes to believe then how come Vince Russo is known by name and they aren't? How come Vince Russo works in wrestling and they dont? Answer that?

Hell, give Bob Carter the keys to the kingdom. Unlike his apparntly spoiled and half-******ed daughter, he's a business man who will protect his money.
Do you actually think that Bob Carter doesn't know every thing that TNA does? You seriously think he'd fund the company blindly? No. You're an idiot. No one could replace Dixie Carter, if they could they'd be in her position.

Dixie Carter is just out of the wrestling loop and doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She, herself, is a mark just like most of us were 10 years ago. SHE likes ECW, SHE thinks it's hip and hardcore. Don't judge her by what she feels, 'cause what she feels, isn't what she fuckin' knows!

Now that I confused the shit outta' ya', let's move on.

Nash, Angle, Sting, RVD, and all those guys are also not that big of a blow to the company. You guys are forgetting that the fuckin' incompetent douche bag behind all this shit is Vince Russo. I can bet countless amounts of money that Vince Russo, backstage, is runnin' that fuckin' place like a Japanese fire drill.

Get rid of Vince Russo so there isn't a lot of confrontations or back and fourth shit, and when he leaves, you open up a couple of storylines without all the goofy trademarked Vince Russo shit, and when we get back to a semblance of reality, the fans will care again, and won't complain about this Hogan and Bischoff shit, or Carter, and we can watch some good TNA wrestling, 'cause although it sucks, even minus the Vince Russo shit, we all still watch WWE, and with that said; Hogan, Bischoff, Carter - They're not THAT bad, are they?

You know just as well as I do that it doesn't just take a high-standard brain to be successful in the wrestling business. Fuckin' John Lauranitis signed a one-legged man to semi-main event Pay-Per-View's against Vince McMahon. Open your eyes, jack ass. Money, and politics, takes a part.

Oh God, beat the dead horse some more, yes Vince Russo raped your children. He's also got a job in the wrestling industry that you obviously can't do, if Vince Russo is as bad as the IWC likes to believe then how come Vince Russo is known by name and they aren't? How come Vince Russo works in wrestling and they dont? Answer that?

'Cause Carter is one of those dumb brauds who say shit like "We're a family! We're a family", and they keep Russo there 'cause he's a fuckin' little butt-kissing whackjob who Carter may feel sorry for. Not to mention the fact, that bad or not, he gets people talkin', and he has a strong work ethic, although the man isn't creative, and doesn't draw any money, there are countless stories of how he busted his ass to make it in the wrestling business, and usually that's all it takes. I mean, fuck creativity; if you workout with Triple H, fuck the boss' daughter, or are a son of someone who was half-decent in the history of a wrestling promotion, put "talent" on number six of the Top Ten priorities list.

Do you actually think that Bob Carter doesn't know every thing that TNA does? You seriously think he'd fund the company blindly? No. You're an idiot. No one could replace Dixie Carter, if they could they'd be in her position.

Jim Cornette was as close to her position as anyone else would, until they signed that conservative christian ********er Vince Russo to the team, and made him quit the promotion (well, he got fired, but he attempted to resign a few times), so really - The "coulda" and "shoulda'" shit really doesn't mean much. In order for someone to grow in a business and make it where Carter is, they'd have to be signed by Carter, and she's such an idiotic bitch, she'll base her own decision on other people's opinion, and the people around her that make her decisions for her, are people who are in the business for themselves, and no one else.

She gathered 'round the best roster on any televised wrestling TV program today ( did you get a heart attack? Yes the MCMGs ARE better than Kozlov and Santino, gasp away ), and she's making it work every, single, week.

Don't forget - when Vince bought the WWF from his daddy, he was a stinky interviewer, and not even a good one. All he knew about it was what he knew from his 'papi'. He actually learned a lot about the business from Hogan himself.

That's one of the biggest overstatements I've ever seen on these forums and that's saying something.

The Machineguns may be better in-ring performers than Santino and Kozlov but I guarantee you if you added up the amount of money the Guns have made for TNA and the amount of money Santino made for the WWE with merch, etc, etc, Santino would be the winner by an awfully large margin. Having the "best roster in televised wrestling" doesn't mean having guys that can flip around the ring, it's about having solid workers, talkers (which the guns are not, Santino has more charisma in his little finger than both of them) and guys who draw money. Angle is great but he's no 'Taker, Sting is great but he's no John Cena and Hogan and Bischoff are NO McMahons.

"All he knew about it was what he knew from his 'papi'. He actually learned a lot about the business from Hogan himself."

Because Hulk Hogan, a guy who was in the business for 6 years, clearly had much more wrestling knowledge than 'papi' who couldn't possibly have taught VKM anything about running a wrestling promotion, given that he'd only run one of the biggest and most successful territories in the country for 30 years, longer than Vince has been running the WWF/E. VJM's 30 years of experience in running a wrestling company couldn't compare with Hogan's 6 years of being a wrestler.

I know I sound like a snarky bastard but I think it's ridiculous to claim Hogan made the WWF, he didn't. All these years later he ain't making that much difference backstage in TNA. Without a doubt Hogan helped Vince along the way with things he picked up but Hogan did not book himself, promote himself or make himself a household name, he had no experience in any of that. They helped each other along the way but Hogan's job was to excite the crowd, Vince did the rest. VKM was either taught quite a lot by his 'papi' or he spent those years as a "stinky announcer" observing and studying the way his father ran the company. If he hadn't there would be no Hulk Hogan.

As for Dixie Carter, she needs to stop letting the fans down with her broken promises. No more half assed changes, if it's not working (which it's not, the Guns haven't gotten TNA's buys past the 5,000 mark) then you need serious, sweeping changes. Russo has been given enough of a chance to prove he can't fix TNA. She needs to look at her numbers and make real, concrete changes. Not latching onto ranking system ideas or making a quick buck from someone else's hard work. If she's not prepared to do this then she should most definitely step down and offer the (undoubtedly) insane amount of money she's paying Hogan and Bischoff to Paul E, make him an offer he CAN'T refuse. He stands a much better chance than Hogan who has done NOTHING to fix TNA. It takes YEARS to create a hugely successful wrestling promotion but TNA has had nearly a decade and it's still in the same spot it was last year (and that's with the wrestling messiah Hulk Hogan) and shows no signs of improving soon. If it's not working, don't leave it be and hope for the best, fix it.

If I had a multi-millionaire, literally, paying all of my bills, I would probably have a wrestling company. I've loved this stuff since I was a kid. Other people? I can't answer for them, now can I?

Name recognition isn't the same as a positive reputation. Ted Bundy and Charles Manson have name recognition. Doesn't mean they're good people. Lady Gaga has name recognition. Doesn't mean she's a good singer. Uwe Boll has name recognition. Certainly doesn't mean he's a good filmmaker. This point is complete garbarge. And, frankly, I honestly believe that you're smart enough to know that. Because, I sincerely believe that there's no-one alive stupid enough to not know that.

I can't help but believe that he doesn't pay attention at all to what happens in TNA. If the last year of their programming is any indication, he gives his daughter an allowance, and tells her to go nuts. No competent business man would EVER allow this to happen to his own wallet, unless he's praying for an Obama bailout.

You know just as well as I do that it doesn't just take a high-standard brain to be successful in the wrestling business.
So Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman? All dumb people yes?

Fuckin' John Lauranitis signed a one-legged man to semi-main event Pay-Per-View's against Vince McMahon. Open your eyes, jack ass. Money, and politics, takes a part.
Johnny Ace booked a match and that's relevant to a person not on the booking team how?

'Cause Carter is one of those dumb brauds
You can always tell how unintelligent a person is when the first attack they make is based on gender.

who say shit like "We're a family! We're a family", and they keep Russo there 'cause he's a fuckin' little butt-kissing whackjob who Carter may feel sorry for. Not to mention the fact, that bad or not, he gets people talkin', and he has a strong work ethic, although the man isn't creative, and doesn't draw any money, there are countless stories of how he busted his ass to make it in the wrestling business, and usually that's all it takes.

So, Vince Russo has a strong work ethic but he's apparently not deserving of his job? I suppose you think you could do better?

I mean, fuck creativity; if you workout with Triple H, fuck the boss' daughter, or are a son of someone who was half-decent in the history of a wrestling promotion, put "talent" on number six of the Top Ten priorities list.
What are you talking about? Are you talking about Russo or Carter? This is like some irrelevant rant.

Jim Cornette is as close to her position as anyone else would, until that signed that conservative christian ********er Vince Russo to the team, and made him quit the promotion (well, he got fired, but he attempted to resign a few times)
You seriously have some tolerance issues you need to work out. Other than that, let me tell you something about Jim Cornette, Jim Cornette is the only person the IWC likes to suck off more than Paul Heyman. And Jim Cornette is a thousand times worse, for one he's stuck in the mentality of a territories booker. Secondly of everyone to ever work for TNA, only Jim Cornette can claim that he managed to run his own wrestling promotion into the ground by himself, if you need a reference point google Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

In order for someone to grow in a business and make it where Carter is, they'd have to be signed by Carter, and she's such an idiotic bitch, she'll base her own decision on other people's opinion, and the people around her that make her decisions for her, are people who are in the business for themselves, and no one else.

Between your blatant sexism and stupidity, I've not heard one viable option as to who could replace Dixie Carter.

If I had a multi-millionaire, literally, paying all of my bills, I would probably have a wrestling company. I've loved this stuff since I was a kid. Other people? I can't answer for them, now can I?
So the correct answer is no, you couldn't do a better job than she does.

Name recognition isn't the same as a positive reputation. Ted Bundy and Charles Manson have name recognition. Doesn't mean they're good people. Lady Gaga has name recognition. Doesn't mean she's a good singer. Uwe Boll has name recognition. Certainly doesn't mean he's a good filmmaker. This point is complete garbarge. And, frankly, I honestly believe that you're smart enough to know that. Because, I sincerely believe that there's no-one alive stupid enough to not know that.
Yes name recognition doesn't mean a positive reputation. That's why WCW payed a boat load to get him and that after WCW folded, the WWE payed a ton to bring him back, before he turned them down for less money. Vince Russo is a better creative mind than anybody on these forums, if he weren't then why has he worked for the 3 biggest wrestling companies of the past 20 years?

I can't help but believe that he doesn't pay attention at all to what happens in TNA. If the last year of their programming is any indication, he gives his daughter an allowance, and tells her to go nuts. No competent business man would EVER allow this to happen to his own wallet, unless he's praying for an Obama bailout.

So a guy who runs a massive corporation isn't a comepetent business man ok.
Still waiting for someone to give me a name as to who could actually replace Dixie Carter.

Definitely Dixie Carter should step down because she lets the people around her take advantage of her and she can never say no to anything. Really anyone instead of Dixie should be running the company (FIRE RUSSO). Here is what I would do and the only way I see TNA making it through the year. Get rid of all these money hungry stars, which would include: Flair, Hardy, Anderson, Hogan, Bishoff, RVD, Nash, ETC. The only guys I would keep would be Angle and Foley really. Anyway turn AJ a FU*** face. Why in the hell would you make your biggest draw in your company a heel only to still be cheered and come up with crappy heel promos. Reality check AJ is meant to be a face. Where is the X-Division did it not die like two years ago. Bring it back and put actual light heavyweights in it and guys that can put on a fast paced match and can do high spots. Make a main event scene with the likes of Pope, AJ, Joe, Wolfe, Angle, Abyss, hell Roode can be in the main event. Just get rid of all the wwe junkies, build up your own talent maybe using one or two veterans, and put the spotlights on the young guys. Look at much money you would save and people would actually start watching TNA to see all the original TNA stars that are highly entertaining and work their asses off.

Hell you know what I am so pissed off at how TNA is run I am going to send an email next week to CSR to get my point across!

First of all, Sting is way better then John Cena. The blond "man called Sting" and then the crow style Sting are both better then John Cena. Please don't judge John Cena with Sting when Sting is 50 years old.

Aside from Ric Flair, no one made WCW what it was better then Sting. Sting was the true FACE of WCW. Sting was probably everything the WWE wished the Ultimate Warrior could of been. Sting and Warrior were recruited at same time, but Sting was one of those rare cases of a body builder who could work (drop kicks, technical ability. You really need look at old video to see how good he really was) and also, Sting never gave you a problem (unlike Warrior.)

Sting was no Shawn Michaels backstage. He just was a phenominal baby face and performer who didn't even say much backstage, he just went out and did his thing and was loyal too WCW unlike every other star who jumped ship at the time. I can't stand when people even associate Sting with the Undertaker. Sting is an all time great, taker is a great gimmick but not on Sting's level. John Cena is a guy who was accusing other wrestlers of drinking Semen a couple of years ago, Sting never had to stoop to that. The fans LOVED Sting.

Sting was a great wrestler as the blond, and then went to an entirely new level when he became the crow Sting.

As for Dixie, I'm a huge fan of TNA (which you can also thank Sting for) but she has always worried me. It's clear she won't fire Vince Russo and doesn't understand why anyone needs to be fired. It's thinking like this that makes guys like AJ Styles/Samoa Joe done over again and again b/c management is loyal to them and want to say these are the faces of the company. No investment can fail in TNA's eyes (Morgan, Hernandez, Pope) ... if they don't receive a good outcome, TNA just changes their gimmick alignment and tries again.

I can not stand that about TNA. These guys get chance after chance and so then the wrestler starts to believe they are worth it. "Well if I sucked, TNA would have fired me but they obviously need me." It's almost like WWE dropout or reject is the top of the class in TNA. It's like Styles, Joe, Morgan, and whoever else know that all they need to do is make the impact zone fans happy because TNA doesn't have the money to buy anyone important from WWE and don't trust new indie guys (which is why travesties like Desmond Wolfe being in the TNA doghouse happen.)

I just want Dixie to go back to being an unseen boss. When I heard her talking about her promo it just drove me nuts. "Mick was like good first promo and I had to stop him and say this is no promo, I really mean this." It's almost like she believes wrestling is real or something.
I don't mind the ECW guys for HJ, but I can see things getting bad with all the stuff going on in TNA.

Like who is creative, is it JBorash, Eric Bishoff, and Tommy Dreamer?
Lets not forget Vince Russo. So what is Hulk Hogan doing when not on screen? Btw, whose fking idea was it to match up Mr Anderson where he is now getting stalked by indy security guards.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Fire Russo.

I admit I don't watch TNA much, but it seems to be the entire company not just one person who is screwing things up. They can't decide on a direction so who's fault is that?

I have been coming to this site and these forums for quite a while(ever since I got a virus from wrestling exposed). And although I browsed around I never joined. However for some reason I had to join for this topic just to say ABSOLUTELY!! Dixie is terrible. She has no way to judge work rate. If you can't do that then you can't run a WRESTLING company. People from the IWC could do better than her, at least in hiring proper talent. With the exception of a few (Angle comes to mind) leave the former WWE guys alone. Don't hire them. Anderson I was a fan of so I'm biased there when I say maybe he is an exception. They have awesome talent there. I don't think that the ratings have improved since bringing hogan/bischoff aboard (although I think Eric can be an awesome asset to the company) Fire Russo too. The guy sucks. Didn't anyone see what he did to WCW? It was going down but the drove it down even faster. Stop with story lines and start booking angles! There is a difference. I'd say the same to WWE but watching raw is such a habit to hardcore fans that it will probably never die. Plus they have Jericho (FOZZY RULES!!). Anyway, I just want good wrestling again. I don't get ROH here. I've never seen it although I heard it's great. Maybe they could take over on spike. They have Corny so they can't be doing too bad (unless he makes a thrillseekers vignette again).

First of all, Sting is way better then John Cena. The blond "man called Sting" and then the crow style Sting are both better then John Cena. Please don't judge John Cena with Sting when Sting is 50 years old.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Sting, not as much as many in the IWC, but I rate him very highly. However, when someone makes a statement like "TNA has the best roster on televised wrestling" I feel the need to point out that a fifty year old Sting isn't worth half of what Cena is worth. Oh and to clarify, I'm a Cena hater.

I could go into the whys and wherefores but there's no point. You're opperating under the assumption I'm saying Cena is better than Sting ever was, I'm not and I should have clarified that, but you're talking about what Sting did 10 and 20 years ago, not now.

However, to say 'Taker isn't on Sting's level is ridiculous, when both men call it quits they will be on an equal footing with any advantage going to 'Taker imo. There is no way Sting could go today like 'Taker has proven he can, Sting's match with AJ, and I would argue any of Sting's matches (even the classics), have nothing on HBK/'Taker. There is a shortlist of 10 individuals who will be remembered as the best ever and Sting would likely feature on it but not in the top 5.

So the correct answer is no, you couldn't do a better job than she does.

My answer is "I believe I could, if handed the same opportunity that she was handed." Remember, she's not risking a dime of her own money on TNA. It's all her daddy's money.

Yes name recognition doesn't mean a positive reputation. That's why WCW payed a boat load to get him and that after WCW folded, the WWE payed a ton to bring him back, before he turned them down for less money. Vince Russo is a better creative mind than anybody on these forums, if he weren't then why has he worked for the 3 biggest wrestling companies of the past 20 years?

Where should I start with this? Should I point out that he's regarded as the main reason that WCW failed? Nah. Too obvious. Maybe that his booking of TNA is leading it down the same road?Nah, he'd expect that. How about asking him to prove that bs about how WWE actually wanted him back? That works.... So, yeah, show it or shut it. Where's your proof that WWE wanted Russo back?

So a guy who runs a massive corporation isn't a comepetent business man ok.
Still waiting for someone to give me a name as to who could actually replace Dixie Carter.

I already named someone who could do a better job. Bob Carter. Unlike his daughter, he'd actually protect his business.

Someone who loves wrestling, has deep pockets, someone like Mark Cuban.

Hahaha, that's a viable option. Hey Mark Cuban drop everything you're doing, forget that your television network broadcasts Ring of Honor and purchase Panda Energy. Sound like a good idea?

Maybe I should've been more specific, name one person who could realistically take over.

I can't stand when people even associate Sting with the Undertaker. Sting is an all time great, taker is a great gimmick but not on Sting's level.

Please tell me you didnt just say Sting was better than The Undertaker. Takers is a Fucking legend in the bussiness and An All-time GREAT dont get me wrong I like Sting but I guarntee you that more people know who The Undertaker is than Sting. Are you really going to say that Taker is not on Stings levels:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Are you Fucking kidding me Sting is not on Takers level and in 10yrs when both these men are retired more people are rember Taker than Sting, more people are going to talk about how Great Taker was. Sting is gimmick to Dumbass but The Undertaker gimmick is a Million times better. So bottom line is Sting IS NOT better than Undertaker NEVER was NEVER will be.

All the Sting marks giving me heat in 1....2....3

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Sting, not as much as many in the IWC, but I rate him very highly. However, when someone makes a statement like "TNA has the best roster on televised wrestling" I feel the need to point out that a fifty year old Sting isn't worth half of what Cena is worth. Oh and to clarify, I'm a Cena hater.

I could go into the whys and wherefores but there's no point. You're opperating under the assumption I'm saying Cena is better than Sting ever was, I'm not and I should have clarified that, but you're talking about what Sting did 10 and 20 years ago, not now.

However, to say 'Taker isn't on Sting's level is ridiculous, when both men call it quits they will be on an equal footing with any advantage going to 'Taker imo. There is no way Sting could go today like 'Taker has proven he can, Sting's match with AJ, and I would argue any of Sting's matches (even the classics), have nothing on HBK/'Taker. There is a shortlist of 10 individuals who will be remembered as the best ever and Sting would likely feature on it but not in the top 5.

Lol, I will never give up on this. At the end of their careers, Taker will have been a gimmick wrestler unsucessful as Mean Mark Calous and the American Bad Ass, and Sting will have been a beloved face as a blond and the crow lol.

Btw, Taker is 6 years younger then Sting so before you judge matches, your going to need to wait until both are the same age. Now also, in the beginning of Taker's career, wasn't he wrestling squash matches? while Sting was probably facing the four horsemen?

Sting was in the ring nightly with Ric Flair while Undertaker was an undead creature of the night and had a Paul Bearer mouth piece.

I don't wanna come off as battling you Nikeo. I just have a pet peeve about Sting. I always hear about the draws Austin, Rock, NWO, etc were and because he was never in WWE (which is actually a great thing about Sting) he is never given the proper respect. Sting was WCW through and through. And Sting did not have an unbeatable gimmick like Taker or Warrior. Sting was the make up'd version of Bret Hart. Sting was also comparable to a Shawn Michaels/Mr Perfect in the ring. He made WCW better known for there wrestling at the time. Undertaker's in ring capability are usually only related with WM 25-26.

Even as a highly gimmick character, I think Sting was better then Taker. Sting never captivated like Sting mowing down the NWO in the ring. Taker is 50% ring entrance 50% whatever else. You had Sting coming down outta the rafteres and beating the s out of ne NWO members in his way. Even if Taker/Michaels is a greater match then Sting ever put on (also you know that Michaels could make the match great) though I doubt it's true ... the majority of fans don't even grade wrestling by the quality of a match. Warrior//Hogan was probably a more anticipated/emotional match in the eyes of the viewers.

I will never think of Undertaker on the same level of Sting because in his prime, Taker was still over shadowed by Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, and even Mick Foley. Taker is more of a character who just appears, the fans never get to know him, he is just a wrestling anomaly which is what Abyss should be and what Kane was. Sting was a guy the fans could get behind. He was a human being.

This is no knock against Taker also. I mean, where would you rank Angle among Taker/Sting ... I mean, Angle is probably the best wrestler right?
But I still can't see Angle captivating an audience like Sting. If Sting's character wasn't ruined by Hogan/Goldberd and those goings on, who knows how long WCW could of continued to whoop the WWE.

I mean this is all subjective, but I hope and feel Sting should be a cut above the likes of the Undertaker gimmick. Mean Mark, Nash, Triple H, Edge, Austin, Foley ... these are all guys who could not even stay within the WCW, while Sting was always there. Sting's natural face charisma was amazing, even when he wasn't booked as an immortal. Sting just seemed like a guy who could rise above any bad gimmick.

Anyway, I guess WM25-26 prove Taker is better then Sting, meanwhile Sting is still better over all then Shawn Michaels and Shawn Michaels is better then Taker lol and carried Taker in those matches.

But nevermind me, I'm just a dumbass like peep4life says. But he is wrong, in 10 yrs know one will know who Taker or Sting is because both will retire soon. But everyone will know who Randy Orton and John Cena are, because they will be the best Ever for all the 5-12 year olds who will be 15-22 yrs old in 10 years.

Hell, Samoe Joe might even be better well known in ten years. But he deserves it, because he's 400 pounds and wrestles like CM Punk

Please tell me you didnt just say Sting was better than The Undertaker. Takers is a Fucking legend in the bussiness and An All-time GREAT dont get me wrong I like Sting but I guarntee you that more people know who The Undertaker is than Sting. Are you really going to say that Taker is not on Stings levels:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Are you Fucking kidding me Sting is not on Takers level and in 10yrs when both these men are retired more people are rember Taker than Sting, more people are going to talk about how Great Taker was. Sting is gimmick to Dumbass but The Undertaker gimmick is a Million times better. So bottom line is Sting IS NOT better than Undertaker NEVER was NEVER will be.

All the Sting marks giving me heat in 1....2....3

I'm not a Sting mark, he and the Undertaker are both legends. Both have had excellent feuds and both are some of the few wrestlers in history who had a successful gimmick that got them to the top and were then able to reinvent themselves entirely. However the one thing Sting will always have over the Undertaker is that Sting was at one point the face of a company. For all his accomplishments the Undertaker has never been #1. During the war against the nWo Sting was #1. And that is why Sting will always be just a hair better than the Undertaker.

Also just something I found slightly amusing about your post, it's obviously opinion as to which man you feel is better, but to say that Sting has never been better than the Undertaker is just silly, for the entire 1980's the Undertaker was a nobody. Sting was probably the most over face in the NWA, in 1990 the Undertaker was debuting as himself, Sting was beating Ric Flair for the world title.

this is incredibly off topic discussion as it is, and would have served better for a thread in the old school section.

My answer is "I believe I could, if handed the same opportunity that she was handed." Remember, she's not risking a dime of her own money on TNA. It's all her daddy's money.
I find it hilarious that people act like Dixie is some teenager with a wrestling fetish. She's 45, she graduated from the University of Mississpi with a degree in Business Administration. She was promoted to Vice President of the Levenson and Hill advertising company at age 27. In 1993 she started her own business and it was that business that was contacted by TNA back in 2002. It wasn't until HealthSouth went bankrupt that Dixie asked her parents if they'd be interested in purchasing TNA.

She achieved plenty in the business world without her parents help. Maybe you should put down your copy of Mark Madden weekly and actually learn a few facts about TNA's president, instead of the biased opinions of sexists bloggers.

Where should I start with this? Should I point out that he's regarded as the main reason that WCW failed? Nah.
Beat the dead horse some more, considering he wasn't even working for WCW the last 6 months of its existence I'd be hard pressed to figure out how he did that.

Maybe that his booking of TNA is leading it down the same road?
Yeah I mean with TNA now producing 4 hours of primetime television, things are surely going down.:rolleyes:

How about asking him to prove that bs about how WWE actually wanted him back? That works.... So, yeah, show it or shut it. Where's your proof that WWE wanted Russo back?

He worked for them in 2002. http://www.411mania.com/politics/co...so-Speaks-On-WWE,-McMahon,-NWA:-TNA,-More.htm

I already named someone who could do a better job. Bob Carter. Unlike his daughter, he'd actually protect his business.

Yes, Dixie Carter, successful business woman long before TNA existed, should just quit because a bunch of no nothing internet posters think so. What degree in business do you have? More to the point you realise that if TNA is a subsidary company of Panda, Bob already does run it indirectly. Except he's busy running his energy company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back