[Rumor] Dixie Carter No Longer TNA President; Eric Bischoff to Succeed Her?

Dr.Metalhead

Dark Match Jobber
According to multiple employees within TNA Wrestling, as well as former office employees, Dixie Carter may have been forced to step down from her role as TNA President, following the growing number of lawsuits filed against the company.

S. Bruce of Cageside Seats reported that there were suits pending against TNA, including former TNA Knockout Daffney suing for lack of medical coverage; as well as numerous employees reporting the company’s shady practices to the Better Business Bureau.

Carter's mother may be overseeing the company at the moment while her daughter lays low from all of the controversy. This is probably why she hasn’t been active in social networking as of late.

The "straw that broke the camel's back" for Carter's reign as president may have been a sexual harassment lawsuit recently filed against TNA, which has been confirmed by multiple sources.

As for Carter's permanent replacement, many names have been thrown around, but one employee very close to the situation has speculated that former WCW figurehead Eric Bischoff taking over as TNA President is a very realistic possibility.

Bischoff previously served as WCW President in the mid to late-1990s, in what was a rather successful run before over-sized contracts, politics, stagnant storylines, and the rising success of the WWF (now WWE) caught up to him. Bischoff is currently an on-air talent for TNA, but is said to have a powerful presence behind-the-scenes.

Keep in mind, Carter could always return to her position as TNA President when, as one source says, "everything clears up." Unfortunately for her and TNA, that does not look to be happening anytime soon.

source: http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/04/story-on-dixie-carters-tna-status.html
and
http://thesportscourier.com/content/tna-wrestling-president-dixie-carter-stepping-down

HOLY MOLY seems like my Daffney post goes hand and hand with this! WOW!!! It seems invitable that Eric take over the regins of TNA in the interm. (I don't really mind that.. )

Who was the person filing sexual harassment?

One can only hope that Eric learned from lessons before and not repeat them, people seem to think that Dixie won't be coming back at all.

I had no idea all that was going on — sexual harassment, to boot? Best for TNA at this point that she actually does stay out of the limelight, at least for the time being.

Frankly, the WCW mark in me is probably OK with Bischoff actually becoming President, even interim, too. Say what you will about the man, but he knows what he's doing.

this is the kind of problem that could run the company out of business and holey shit i didn't know it was that bad. I know of the Daffney situation with the company but how many more problems will TNA have to take. Somebody needs to take a very close look at what's going on inside of the business. Even if bischoff is going to run the company they still have problems. This is not good business and this should be a wake up call for Dixie to run TNA strictly as a business instead of letting people do whatever they want with the company. I won't be surprise if they continue to have problems

I had no idea all that was going on — sexual harassment, to boot? Best for TNA at this point that she actually does stay out of the limelight, at least for the time being.

Frankly, the WCW mark in me is probably OK with Bischoff actually becoming President, even interim, too. Say what you will about the man, but he knows what he's doing.

This is nothing short of fantastic news. Dixie Carter is absolutely freaking clueless as the President of TNA, so putting Bischoff in charge would be huge news as he is in charge of hiring/fired people in that role.

And Bischoff has a longstanding dislike of Vince Russo.

If this brings about the firing of Vince Russo and actually getting some creative direction on Impact, then this is good news that comes out of some really bad behavior by TNA management towards their wrestlers.

Hey..I'd sexually harass Dixie if she was willing....jesting aside, I would imagine that maybe if Bischoff DID take over...I hope ...hope and pray, that he can put them under a microscope and see what's right and wrong and maybe make some MUCH needed changed. On air personality as opposed to actually being a decision maker for the good of the company...may make him see things differently (and hopefully better).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

I knew this was coming, that's what happens when you run a company so piss-poorly. Thank god Dixie is stepping down, I pray that its forever. If Bischoff is in charge it could be the best thing or the worst thing for TNA and I'm not too sure which one it will be.

On one hand you would think Bischoff knew what he was doing, he brought WCW to new heights, created one of the best story lines and factions ever and made WCW the only company to date that has been more popular than the WWE at a point. At the same time he spent money carelessly, got big names but forgot to make talent in the process (which became a HUGE issue), did a lot of low handed, dirty things in power (but then again, SO WHAT?) and made serveral decisions that caused the downfall of the company.

If Bischoff can learn from his mistakes then TNA will do better than ever but if not TNA won't be around much longer.

This is nothing short of fantastic news. Dixie Carter is absolutely freaking clueless as the President of TNA, so putting Bischoff in charge would be huge news as he is in charge of hiring/fired people in that role.

And Bischoff has a longstanding dislike of Vince Russo.

If this brings about the firing of Vince Russo and actually getting some creative direction on Impact, then this is good news that comes out of some really bad behavior by TNA management towards their wrestlers.

I don't know if they going to fire Vince Russo because they seem to settle their difference, same with Hulk hogan and Russo. I am sure u heard reports that they are now on good terms working together and look what's going on lately, they still haven't get the ratings over 2.0 and they are sticking to the same formula that they always been using. We just have to wait and see

the whole daffney thing is stupid imo, wrestlers aren't guaranteed shit...they know that. I remember...konnan lost his case n it was the same thig. Anyways, on the business side of things...I think it's a good thing that bischoff is in consideration for the job

I hope this all gets worked out.

Even though TNA at times is bad its still Wrestling and its still on tv,I dont want them to go under! I look forward to my thursday nights and Impact.

I love the WWE but TNA reminds me of when Raw was trying to catch up to WCW.

I miss that about Wrestling having two big promotions is great.

I don't know if they going to fire Vince Russo because they seem to settle their difference, same with Hulk hogan and Russo. I am sure u heard reports that they are now on good terms working together and look what's going on lately, they still haven't get the ratings over 2.0 and they are sticking to the same formula that they always been using. We just have to wait and see

Hogan & Bishoff may have settled their differences with Russo, but I think they only did that to appease Dixie. Everyone knows Russo was Dixie Carters go to guy, the one person in the back that she trusted, so making things work with Russo was in Hogan & Bishoffs best interest. Now with Dixie no longer in the way, I can see Russo getting the Axe (and it's about time IMO). I don't know if having Bishoff in charge is the best for everyone involved, but Dixie was clueless and needed to step aside.
Lets see what's next for TNA:shrug:

I make a living off of advising other people how to better their business by using the internet, which has grown to encompass almost entirely how to manage a Facebook and Twitter account. I have been all but praying for someone to take Dixie's Blackberry away, and as she's been silent as of late, I thought that it had finally happened.

This is far funnier. I wasn't even aware of the Better Business Bureau reports, although they typically tend to deal more with consumer affairs rather then employee issues, which leads me to view this with a grain of salt.

I view Eric Bischoff as perhaps the greatest con man to ever try the wrestling game, but unless Dixie's behind-the-scenes image is a 180 degree turn from her public persona, he's got to have a better idea what he's doing than she does.

Hopefully this will pan out. I haven't seen anything out of Dixie Carter that would suggest she's anything but a trust fund baby.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

I knew this was coming, that's what happens when you run a company so piss-poorly. Thank god Dixie is stepping down, I pray that its forever. If Bischoff is in charge it could be the best thing or the worst thing for TNA and I'm not too sure which one it will be.

On one hand you would think Bischoff knew what he was doing, he brought WCW to new heights, created one of the best story lines and factions ever and made WCW the only company to date that has been more popular than the WWE at a point. At the same time he spent money carelessly, got big names but forgot to make talent in the process (which became a HUGE issue), did a lot of low handed, dirty things in power (but then again, SO WHAT?) and made serveral decisions that caused the downfall of the company.

If Bischoff can learn from his mistakes then TNA will do better than ever but if not TNA won't be around much longer.

The bold part is what makes me question this. Aside from the NWO, what other ideas did Bischoff ever come up with? He had that one big idea (stolen from Japan mind you) and when it ran its course he had nothing else to throw out there. So he kept using the NWO and watched as the company fell apart and collapsed right before his eyes.

Now of course this is a very different situation than he was in with WCW. First and foremost, he doesn't have Ted Turner's checkbook to play with. Second, there's not nearly as much history for TNA and they don't ahve a huge fanbase. With WCW, prior to Raw coming on things seemed to be pretty even. Until the NWO it was back and forth in the Monday Night Wars with no one really having a long term control. It's very different here and it'll be interesting to see what happens. It's a questionable choice but it's something that has a point to it, which is a good thing.

As far as daffney and others goes there is a little thing called a contract, read it before you sign it. Now as far as Dixie goes, it's bull that she is stepping down. It seems to me about the time the problems started happening was about the time Hogan & Bischoff came aboard. Than this once young up and coming company started going south as far as behind the scenes.

The bold part is what makes me question this. Aside from the NWO, what other ideas did Bischoff ever come up with? He had that one big idea (stolen from Japan mind you) and when it ran its course he had nothing else to throw out there. So he kept using the NWO and watched as the company fell apart and collapsed right before his eyes.

Now of course this is a very different situation than he was in with WCW. First and foremost, he doesn't have Ted Turner's checkbook to play with. Second, there's not nearly as much history for TNA and they don't ahve a huge fanbase. With WCW, prior to Raw coming on things seemed to be pretty even. Until the NWO it was back and forth in the Monday Night Wars with no one really having a long term control. It's very different here and it'll be interesting to see what happens. It's a questionable choice but it's something that has a point to it, which is a good thing.

That was the one faction and storyline I was talking about, the NWO was a groundbreaking faction and storyline. I am very aware he took it from Japan but brought it to the American audience, even though he didn't technically create it he did an amazing job getting it off the ground and making it work. There is just as much a possibility that WCW could have botched the NWO and it never would have gotten over.

Outside of that he didn't really create anything good outside of falling ass backwards into Goldberg becoming big because obviously that wasn't planned, it just worked.

Although Bischoff doesn't have Ted's checkbook he always has Panda Energy to go to and they have PLENTY of money to play around with.

I understand its not the same situation but it doesn't have to be. Bischoff made mistakes and he has to learn from them regardless of the size of the company. I don't think Bischoff is a bad choice at all, I'm just saying it could either be a really good thing for TNA or the worst thing for TNA. A lot of Bischoffs issues came with pushing talent and if he can't do that this time around TNA is done for.

I don't think Bischoff taking over is such a good thing. Sure he has a good mind for the creative side of the business, but everything I have read about WCW going under was that he likes to throw money around with disregard. TNA might be bankrupt in a year if he takes over, but one thing is it should be pretty darn entertaining.

Like I said in the spam thread, I haven't seen this reported in any reputable wrestling news website (I've never heard about the websites in the OP so I have no idea if they are reputable) and won't believe the story until I do.

But IF this is all true, then I think the right decision was made and I would not object to Eric Bischoff being the presidnet permanently, or until the find a suitable replacement. I haven't watched TNA for a few weeks so I have no idea how things are right now, but I don't think Bischoff could be much worse than Dixie as president.

Also, for those people that are bound to mention Eric's time as president in WCW as a reason why putting him in that position is a bad idea, let me remind you that was many years ago. He made many big mistakes that will never be forgotten and hopefully this time around, if this is all indeed true, he has learned from them and is ready to make good decisions for the company that will actually benefit it.

I personally want Heyman for the job, not Bischoff. Heyman knows how to push wrestlers and said If he was in TNA he would reform their merchandising. Which is something they really need to improve on. To be honest, apparently Dixie's mother Janice wants the same thing so I wouldn't be surprised to see her contact him.
Bischoff is just a status quo man, TNA really needs to change. And I feel that if Bischoff becomes president Hogan will look for more power and that is the last thing TNA needs.

As far as Daffeny goes, theres a thing called a contract, read it. Now far as Dixie and TNA goes. She has done nothing wrong. What was once a up and coming company under her and Jeff went south quick once Hogan and Bischoff was hired. Than all kinds of problems started happening.

This is coming from a once huge Hogan fan and still is.

I don't think Bischoff taking over is such a good thing. Sure he has a good mind for the creative side of the business, but everything I have read about WCW going under was that he likes to throw money around with disregard. TNA might be bankrupt in a year if he takes over, but one thing is it should be pretty darn entertaining.

One of the old timer's please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Turner allow WCW to basically use as much money as they wanted even if the company was operating at a loss since they helped him establish a television station?

If that was the case, then things won't be the same thing here. TNA hasn't helped Panda Energy establish anything new for the company as far as I know, so I doubt they would just let Eric run wild with their checkbooks. They don't have the same amount of loyalty to TNA that Ted Turner had for WCW so I really don't see that happening. He might convince them to let him spend a little bit more money, but won't let him spend as much as he wants.

There are also a lot of positives I see coming out of this, if it's true, such as probably TNA going on the road now and taping their shows in different areas for example. So if it's true, hopefully Eric makes those ideas and many more come to life.

All I can say is if Bischoff takes over, hide the debit card. Everyone saw this coming, so not too amazed myself. And I have to agree with Dr. Metalhead, Heyman would be much cooler to take the reins as Prez, but not happening as Heyman himself has said. But I believe he added Never Say Never.....

And so it begins...

This might be the beginning of the death of TNA. Lack of medical coverage? Sexual harrassment? A successful company this does not make. We might as well start marking down the days. If Bischoff is taking over, we might as well kiss Thursday night wrestling goodbye. Maybe we will get to see Sting v. Undertaker..

Hey..I'd sexually harass Dixie if she was willing....jesting aside, I would imagine that maybe if Bischoff DID take over...I hope ...hope and pray, that he can put them under a microscope and see what's right and wrong and maybe make some MUCH needed changed. On air personality as opposed to actually being a decision maker for the good of the company...may make him see things differently (and hopefully better).

I think it means either Dixie or someone in management sexually harassed one of the wrestlers.

Her trying to fuck the wrestlers doesn't surprise me in the least. If that's the case, it was likely someone who is married.

Well if this is true then I'm glad Dixie is stepping down. It would also be good if Vince Russo and Terry Taylor were let go if they allowed knockouts to wrestle injured without paying for their hospital bills. The sexual harassment claim is another thorn in TNA's side. They need to clean house and refocus on what's important for the athletes and for the company. I don't know if Bischoff is the answer for taking over the company, but at this point no one can do worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back