Dixie Carter Steps down as TNA president

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
According to multiple employees within TNA Wrestling, as well as former office employees, Dixie Carter may have been forced to step down from her role as TNA President, following the growing number of lawsuits filed against the company.

S. Bruce of Cageside Seats reported that there were suits pending against TNA, including former TNA Knockout Daffney suing for lack of medical coverage; as well as numerous employees reporting the company’s shady practices to the Better Business Bureau.

Carter's mother may be overseeing the company at the moment while her daughter lays low from all of the controversy. This is probably why she hasn’t been active in social networking as of late.

The "straw that broke the camel's back" for Carter's reign as president may have been a sexual harassment lawsuit recently filed against TNA, which has been confirmed by multiple sources.

As for Carter's permanent replacement, many names have been thrown around, but one employee very close to the situation has speculated that former WCW figurehead Eric Bischoff taking over as TNA President is a very realistic possibility.

Bischoff previously served as WCW President in the mid to late-1990s, in what was a rather successful run before over-sized contracts, politics, stagnant storylines, and the rising success of the WWF (now WWE) caught up to him. Bischoff is currently an on-air talent for TNA, but is said to have a powerful presence behind-the-scenes.

Keep in mind, Carter could always return to her position as TNA President when, as one source says, "everything clears up." Unfortunately for her and TNA, that does not look to be happening anytime soon.

Source
http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/04/story-on-dixie-carters-tna-status.html
http://thesportscourier.com/content/tna-wrestling-president-dixie-carter-stepping-down

WELL say hello to future TNA President ERIC BISCHOFF

Who filed the sexual harrassment lawsuit?

How long before TNA turns this into a storyline? I say the next tapings.

Wells she's already been written off TV.. sooo.. hulkster runs TNA brother!! :rolleyes:

this story caught me off guard.. I wonder who filed the sexual harrassment claim?

In regards to Daffney's lawsuit the details are posted here
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=164975

Seems to really be biting Dixie in the ass at the moment.. seems like Daffney is winning.

I haven't seen this reported in any reputable wrestling news website so I won't believe it until I see it on one of those websites.

As for Carter's permanent replacement, many names have been thrown around, but one employee very close to the situation has speculated that former WCW figurehead Eric Bischoff taking over as TNA President is a very realistic possibility.
“Art is not a mirror to reflect reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.” - Bertolt Brecht

Just awesome. If there wasn't enough TNA is WCW fuel, this certainly will recreate that buzz.

Why does someone who is already in the company with experience running a wrestling promotion have to be the only potential replacements? Of course that's if this story has merit.

If I could pick, I'd go for Lee's spoiler choice or...
paulheyman.jpg
At least, these two guys would likely as not create a fresh(er) product and jettison the dead weight.

Eric Bischoff will be in control of a wrestling company with the backing of someone with a ton of money.

Nothing can go wrong!

Reactions: TSG
The combo of that post and that sig made me legit laugh Pete.

Other than Hogan and Bischoff, I'm sure there are plenty of people who could do the job better. Flair would be a good choice. Dreamer might be able to do it decently. Mick Foley.

Bischoff is not a bad option, really. I think if one man in WCW is not to blame for the downfall, it's Bischoff. The circumstances are different, but some of old people are really just debilitating.

Again, why does the potential replacement have to have experience? Dixie had no experience. Neither did Bischoff when WCW hired him. I say give it to someone who Has a really strong interview and can move the company in the right direction.

But if you insist they give it to someone known, then here is my list:
1. Hogan
2. JBL
3. http://forums.wrestlezone.com/member.php?u=12351

Actually, Eric was an executive produce in WCW before he was moved up to president if I'm not mistaken. So he did have some experience before they gave him the spot. Either ways, I get what you're saying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back