TNA or Impact Wrestling?

CM Steel

A REAL American
I know that the title of this thread may throw you off, but hear me out.

We've seen over the years the name changes of the Jarrett/Carter owned wrestling promotion. From NWA-TNA, TNA Wrestling, to Impact Wrestling. But to some it's still known as TNA wrestling. In the "old" TNA wrestling the formula was a little different from today's. They were putting over former WWE talent ahead of the homegrown TNA talent. They had the 6-sided ring. And other little stuff.

But ever since the TNA debut/return of Hulk Hogan (along with Eric Bischoff). TNA wrestling has taken a new direction. Bringing in a 4-sided ring for one. And has moved things around with both Hogan & Bischoff taking high office in TNA upon signing contracts. Dixie Carter is said to only sign Hulk Hogan for the ratings. Something that TNA or Impact wrestling struggles with ti'l this very day.

So if you could choose the old TNA or the new Impact wrestling. Which one would you want and which one would do over the other?

I'd pick NWA-TNA. The company was at its best (IMO) when they were still at the TNA asylum. If this is about the name of the company... TNA is a terrible name that should be dropped immediately! It hinders the company. The fact that they are still using that name when they are starting to gain some momentum is mind boggeling to me. No one takes Tit's N' Ass seriously. The name hurts them!

I'd pick NWA-TNA. The company was at its best (IMO) when they were still at the TNA asylum. If this is about the name of the company... TNA is a terrible name that should be dropped immediately! It hinders the company. The fact that they are still using that name when they are starting to gain some momentum is mind boggeling to me. No one takes Tit's N' Ass seriously. The name hurts them!

So would a title change this far into their existence. If Microsoft was a horrible name, would you to suggest to them to change it to "Fuzzy Blue Bear" (assuming that were a better title)? I sure as fuck wouldn't, because they'd lose masses of their audience/buyers who would be totally unaware of the change.

When you establish a brand, regardless of whether some are annoyed or peeved by a title, you don't change that brand except in minor circumstances. Companies that drastically alter their logo, branding, etc. tend to take massive financial hits for it.

As to the OP, I stick with Impact Wrestling. I've been watching TNA since 2005 or so, and this is the best it's ever been, bar none.

For me, I have to divide TNA into three eras; TNA/NWA (counting the post-NWA period through 2009), the Hogan-Bischoff era, and the current era.

Ask me in a year, and I'll probably have a different answer, but I still prefer the TNA/NWA era. The programming was not as good as today, but expectations were lower. With lower expectations, they could get away with silly things like having Kurt/Joe vs. Team 3D for all the titles in a "gee, I wonder who wins...." match. They generally stayed away from going too far over the top, while having a unique roster of guys who were mostly unfamiliar with first time viewers, but who could be sold easier owing to lower expectations.

The worst era for me was, bar none, the Hogan-Bischoff era. I listened to enough tongue-in-cheek Bischoff promos about how great he was during WCW, and watching them go through a 'greatest hits' parade throughout 2010 killed the product for me after a while. After Bound For Glory that year turned into a "Bash at the Beach" tribute, I quit watching TNA for a long time. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff were uninteresting characters to me, and they absolutely dominated camera time.

I'm just starting to get back into TNA right now. Their product is better then it's been for a long time. Ask me next year, and I'll probably answer that the current product is the one I prefer best.

Reactions: IHW
Impact Wrestling is defiantly better now then ever. They have improved time and time again. It has been a slow process, but it has worked. Yeah, a lot of people bitched when TNA got rid of the 6 sided ring and all, but its not that big of a deal. Hardcore TNA fans have adjusted to the traditional ring on Impact.

All in all, I say the current IW product is the best and the one I would choose to keep.

I think it should remain Impact Wrestling because TNA Wrestling is evolving by the day and going back you just ruin the evolution of the company. TNA finally makes sense now and I feel in some years it could become more competition for WWE and give them a run for their money.

I think Impact wrestling is coming into its own right now. It has been a slow climb, but I think they found their stride. It is as entertaining now as it has ever been. The X and Tag division need work, but they are heading in the right direction with what Aries did for the X title. I am going to go with Impact Wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back