Who Should Buy TNA/Impact Wrestling if the Time Comes?

CM Steel

A REAL American
TNA/Impact Wrestling is a struggling wrestling promotion. Many would say that TNA are shooting themselves in the leg by trying to compete with the WWE. The Promotion that TNA likes to call "the Monster"? Dixie Carter is the figure head of this company yes. But what if someone was to buy TNA/Impact Wrestling like how the then-WWF bought WCW?

Didn't last year at a WWE shareholders meeting some one asked WWE chairman Vince McMahon would he buy TNA Wrestling. And Vince McMahon laughed as well as everyone in that meeting room. It seemed like a joke, but it was a serious enough question that was took the way it was. And Vince McMahon ask the guy, "are they for sale?".

Vince McMahon is top up there in buying TNA/Impact Wrestling. But what if someone with enough wrestling knowledge ran TNA from a CEO stand point? Someone like Jim Ross! He know's wrestling from the inside out. And knows alot more than Vinnie Mac. And J.R. could change TNA Wrestling from what it is now to where the WWE was at 5 years ago within 10-11 months. But with the shape that TNA is in, who really knows?

But in a nutshell. Who should buy TNA/Impact Wrestling if the time comes?

... I can't be the only one at this point wondering if someone's programmed a few dozen bots to keep parroting the exact same shit in thread after thread, am I? I mean, people can't still honestly sprout the same shit about how TNA sucks and will go under sooner or later, and if they had the right person they'd overtake WWE in a matter of months, and how Hogan's an egomaniac whose slowly killing TNA with his nepotism, how only Paul Heyman can save TNA...

/rant

@ OP: Nobody's buying TNA, especially not anyone currently in the WWE or affiliated with the WWE and still on good terms. No mysterious millionaire is going to come in and be Ted Turner 2.0. Paul Heyman isn't going to show up on Impact Wrestling and "start pushing the young guys". The Carter family's got control of TNA for life, and with it, a valuable commodity in the No.2 wrestling company in North America and Europe.

TNA/Impact Wrestling is a struggling wrestling promotion. Many would say that TNA are shooting themselves in the leg by trying to compete with the WWE. The Promotion that TNA likes to call "the Monster"? Dixie Carter is the figure head of this company yes. But what if someone was to buy TNA/Impact Wrestling like how the then-WWF bought WCW?

Didn't last year at a WWE shareholders meeting some one asked WWE chairman Vince McMahon would he buy TNA Wrestling. And Vince McMahon laughed as well as everyone in that meeting room. It seemed like a joke, but it was a serious enough question that was took the way it was. And Vince McMahon ask the guy, "are they for sale?".

Vince McMahon is top up there in buying TNA/Impact Wrestling. But what if someone with enough wrestling knowledge ran TNA from a CEO stand point? Someone like Jim Ross! He know's wrestling from the inside out. And knows alot more than Vinnie Mac. And J.R. could change TNA Wrestling from what it is now to where the WWE was at 5 years ago within 10-11 months. But with the shape that TNA is in, who really knows?

SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. I am absolutely sick of your biased, stupid, ignorant posts. How blind of an idiot can you really be? If a train hit you, would you just think a guy shot you due to how blind you are? TNA isn't going to be bough any time soon because the last thing it's doing is struggling. TNA is today more organized than it ever has been before. Whether it's creating new stars, generating PPV buys and attendances to it's own extent, TNA today is in the best condition of it's 10 year existence. If you're too stupid to note it, you should log the fuck off and actually watch the program. Because I guarantee you that if this thread stays open, not a single soul will agree with your obviously ignorant opinion.

Point it out for me. If TNA is in such deep trouble, where's the proof? What's the reason for the so-called crisis? Is top talent leaving? Are PPV buyrates low? Are big arena attendances down? Are you going to be stupid and say TNA got dropped from TV as if it was their own fault? Come on, smart ass. Where's the proof.

Why do WWE marks still think having only one promotion would be good for business? As it is TNA is doing very well seeing that WWE has a 95% market share in the wrestling biz. TNA gets roughly 20% of people watching that WWE gets. So do the math and stop picking favorites. For the final time TNA has it written in their corporate language that in the event of the company being sold that VKM,WWE,and or anyone affiliated with the two above mentioned parties can't purchase TNA. In someways VKM wants TNA and ROH to succeed to make the biz in an overall capacity more competitive. That doesn't mean the other two promotions will compete but a competitive work place for the talent to have options. whether some want to admit it or not TNA has better storylines of late and the wrestling is slightly better than WWE. In the event of TNA selling the only party that TNA would consider would be Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment. Seeing Bisch had the better deal to buy WCW but TW didn't want wrestling on any of its broadcasts!

... I can't be the only one at this point wondering if someone's programmed a few dozen bots to keep parroting the exact same shit in thread after thread, am I? I mean, people can't still honestly sprout the same shit about how TNA sucks and will go under sooner or later, and if they had the right person they'd overtake WWE in a matter of months, and how Hogan's an egomaniac whose slowly killing TNA with his nepotism, how only Paul Heyman can save TNA...

/rant

@ OP: Nobody's buying TNA, especially not anyone currently in the WWE or affiliated with the WWE and still on good terms. No mysterious millionaire is going to come in and be Ted Turner 2.0. Paul Heyman isn't going to show up on Impact Wrestling and "start pushing the young guys". The Carter family's got control of TNA for life, and with it, a valuable commodity in the No.2 wrestling company in North America and Europe.

THIS. TNA is not "going under". They're an international promotion with TV broadcasts in over 120 some countries. They have a fucking sister promotion in India and their own developmental subsidiary. Plus, they are backed by a global energy conglomerate. You WWE marks haven't had anything new to say about TNA in years. While the WWE's product steadily goes down the shitter, TNA is creating a consistent and entertaining product, branching out all over the world (drawing massive crowds in the UK, might I remind you), and is creating good partnerships as well as trying new things attempting to be the next evolution in pro wrestling (something that is needed sorely right now in this dying industry) while WWE continues using the same unfunny comedy bits that didn't work four years ago. You may not see it right now, but TNA is growing at a fast pace and it won't be long until that materializes in ratings and such (think the snowball effect).

In five years, we'll be in another boom period, with Triple H at the helm of the WWE and the massively rising iMPACT! Wrestling (yes, I still use that typeset, it's better damnit). It'll be a showdown like you've never seen before, not even in the MNWs, BROTHER.

I won't throw you under the bus like the rest of the TNA fans. I am happy they are finally getting into a good rhythm of things. The hiccups are going to really test the TNA staff to staying in a good light without the direct TV crowd.

You asked a question and it is simple the person or group that should buy TNA if the time EVER comes to that, is someone with money to waste ( more than dixie's daddy). Someone who has one goal and that is to beat out vince McMahon and realizes that if he invests enough cash he can do that.

It is very similar to McDonald, when the company first started the franchise to purchase a McD franchise it was around 100 dollar. X years later it is over a million. When Vince bought out WWF from his father it was for very little in comparison to what it is worth now. Vince had one goal....Greatness.

So whoever buys it needs to be a billionaire and willing to invest a shit load of money to make it everything the fans want. If they do true fan interactions. ( not the fake shit WWE does with there cyber crap) then the outcome would be amazing. Fans would pull in because they would feel they have the true power. (Power of the People).

On a side note, TNA is actually getting better as the weeks go on and I hope your prepare for the filth and slams you will receive for this topic. Most ECW fans went to TNA just because it was big and they hate WWE. The children want cussing, tits and Blood....Like MMA with a predicted outcome. So you will get bashed by the grown children.

You WWE marks haven't had anything new to say about TNA in years. While the WWE's product steadily goes down the shitter

I'm as much a TNA fan as a WWE fan, but the irony of the quoted segment from your post is hilarious. WWE marks haven't had anything new to say in years, while TNA marks also haven't had anything new to say in years. It's pretty similar on both sides of the fence, both companies hardcore fans use the same criticisms about the opposite companies product, they've been saying it for years now.

And if you truly believe the second paragraph you wrote your delusional.

Overall you made a good argument for TNA, but remember something, WWE has every resource TNA has, and more, backed by millions-upon-millions of dollars. If TNA were to ever match WWE for ratings, pay-per-view buys and income which is pretty unlikely in the near future, just remember that WWE can make a few calls and change their product within the drop of a dime.

I can't be the only one at this point wondering if someone's programmed a few dozen bots to keep parroting the exact same shit in thread after thread, am I?

No sir. It's amazing how persistent these fuckers are.

For the last time, just because WWE bought WCW and ECW once upon a time, doesn't mean any promotion you don't like will be eventually bought by WWE, fanboys.

Originally Posted By The Dragon Saga
Overall you made a good argument for TNA, but remember something, WWE has every resource TNA has, and more, backed by millions-upon-millions of dollars. If TNA were to ever match WWE for ratings, pay-per-view buys and income which is pretty unlikely in the near future, just remember that WWE can make a few calls and change their product within the drop of a dime.

TNA doesn't even have to match WWE's numbers for them to do that. Just ask ECW. They can steal ideas from other promotions with ease when they're in a rut. Part of the reason they're struggling now is because they haven't had other promotions to steal from for a while. If this reality show style TNA is going with gets some momentum eventually it'll start creeping into Monday Night RAW. That's a sure thing.

I'm as much a TNA fan as a WWE fan, but the irony of the quoted segment from your post is hilarious. WWE marks haven't had anything new to say in years, while TNA marks also haven't had anything new to say in years. It's pretty similar on both sides of the fence, both companies hardcore fans use the same criticisms about the opposite companies product, they've been saying it for years now.

I believe that WWE marks are just as wrong for claiming TNA will go under just as TNA fans go overboard by claiming the same for WWE. Both companies have their strengths and weaknesses, obviously. Just because TNA is currently the number two company doesn't mean WWE will ultimately put them out of business.

And if you truly believe the second paragraph you wrote your delusional.

Unfortunately, alot of fans are delusional in their beliefs. Just read the original post. Full of faulty assumptions and baseless claims.

See, that's the thing; WWE can make a "few calls and change their product within the drop of a dime", but, they DON'T. They've been on auto-pilot since WCW went under and not truly given the honest effort to improve things. And while some people may not like TNA, they have been giving the effort[even though some things they do don't make logical sense]. This is what sets TNA & WWE apart in my view; TNA is trying just about anything to see if something sticks and WWE are just phoning it in, as usual. When's the last time something truly shocking happened? I'd be hard pressed to come up with three really good examples in the last decade, to be perfectly honest.

TNA has built somewhat momentum with going back live and their shows seem layered better leading up to the end. They still have horrible storylines like AJ/Claire Lynch going, but, at least that's an attempt[although a poor one]. Once TNA starts realizing where their strength lies[wrestling] they can then try to build upon that to capatilize on storylines accordingly. I believe TNA would sooner close their own doors, on their own terms before selling to Vince McMahon or anyone else.

In five years, we'll be in another boom period, with Triple H at the helm of the WWE and the massively rising iMPACT! Wrestling (yes, I still use that typeset, it's better damnit). It'll be a showdown like you've never seen before, not even in the MNWs, BROTHER.

I don't know what you're on, but please for the love of all mankind, DONT let it loose on the public. TNA will not become anywhere near as powerful as your deluded mind is claiming. There will not be a showdown. TNA's main program barely gets equal ratings to WWE's lower programming.

I like some of the stuff in TNA, but I don't like most of it. They shot themselves in the foot when they started devaluing the X division (It's supposed to be about NO LIMITS not WEIGHT LIMITS). The instant they started only running it as a cruiser/light weight belt and took away the six sided ring, I lost most of my interest in TNA. Bringing in old WWE rejects and focussing on the trio of hogan/flair/sting with bischoff was the stupidest waste of money.

The best thing in TNA right now is the gut check but even that is at times ridiculus. They need to offer different look and feel, not try to copy what WCW did in the 90's. That was then and this is now and it's a new audience and product. Their whole look and colors scream "I stole the colors and reversed them from Smackdown in an attempt to confuse the young and old into thinking Impact is Smackdown".

5 years from now, there will be no showdown, because if things continue outside of their control, then Impact won't be on the air since more companies will likely no longer carry the Viacom channels which means they would need to try and find another station to carry them, andi t might be a carrier that doesn't have the widespread nature and availability of Spike.

I don't know what you're on, but please for the love of all mankind, DONT let it loose on the public. TNA will not become anywhere near as powerful as your deluded mind is claiming. There will not be a showdown. TNA's main program barely gets equal ratings to WWE's lower programming.
So? MTV's programming gets big ratings. You really gonna tell me any of their dribble is any good?

I like some of the stuff in TNA, but I don't like most of it. They shot themselves in the foot when they started devaluing the X division (It's supposed to be about NO LIMITS not WEIGHT LIMITS). The instant they started only running it as a cruiser/light weight belt and took away the six sided ring, I lost most of my interest in TNA. Bringing in old WWE rejects and focussing on the trio of hogan/flair/sting with bischoff was the stupidest waste of money.
Oh. This again. Allow me the pleasure of debunking it.

* The X Division Champion just defeated the World Champion who happens to never have an official stint in the WWE. In the main event of a PPV oriented on establishing totally new indie talent. But you know, Flair and Bischoff are the main focus even though one got fired and the other got written off. Research. Who needs it?

The best thing in TNA right now is the gut check but even that is at times ridiculus. They need to offer different look and feel, not try to copy what WCW did in the 90's. That was then and this is now and it's a new audience and product. Their whole look and colors scream "I stole the colors and reversed them from Smackdown in an attempt to confuse the young and old into thinking Impact is Smackdown".
Excuse me for asking but who the fuck trademarked the color blue for Smackdown? More importantly why the fuck does that even matter? Even more importantly, how the hell does it look like WCW in the 90's? Could you be a bit more specific? Because I'm sure its a long way from Sting and Robocop, to the Dungeon of Doom, to the NWO, to Ready To Rumble. Could you be any more vague please?

5 years from now, there will be no showdown, because if things continue outside of their control, then Impact won't be on the air since more companies will likely no longer carry the Viacom channels which means they would need to try and find another station to carry them, andi t might be a carrier that doesn't have the widespread nature and availability of Spike.
Food Network? Disney XD? Please. Enlighten me more. You clearly have a grasp on whats going on.

Until TNA has breathed its last breath of air as an entity in pro wrestling, then you have no real way of knowing whether or not it will ever compete with WWE. Granted, there are times that many perceive the company to be taking a step backward. But let us think about other organizations that try to spring up from the ashes of WCW's demise like World Wrestling All-Stars (which coincidentally merged its titles with TNA's in 2003) and the XWF (Jimmy Hart's attempt at getting most of the band from WCW back together) and folded within no time. TNA as much as people here may not want to give it any credit has managed to last an ENTIRE decade. And I hate sounding redundant but that's not bad considering that the principal ownership of the company weren't known as a "wrestling family".

Considering how much WWE's saturated the market with a gluttony of programming outside of RAW and SmackDown and with such a well established named comapre to TNA's, I give TNA even more credit and props for being able to have lasted this long.

I can't guarantee where TNA is going but even I have to admit that the people behind the company have proven me wrong by having a 10th anniversary. If things continue to go well and work for them, I would say there's a good chance that they'll even be able to prove you wrong as well.

They seem to have gotten over that hump, and Austin Aries had a record breaking run with the belt, and it's looking like they got some good plans for it from now on with the Destination X "Option C" plot device. I say it's a hell of a lot more intriguing than the rinse and repeat nonsense that they are doing with Money In The Bank. It's one thing to have a Money In The Bank match, I think it's actually a cool concept, but to have an entire PPV around it with TWO matches instead of one or putting it back into a slot at WrestleMania is just overkill. Please tell me how you can critcize a novel idea that TNA created and not scratch your head at some of WWE's schemes.

I love this one the most, last I heard the color blue is not a WWE trademark like The Killjoy stated. If only I could begin to point out the number of things WWE has done over the years. In fact if I remember right Nitro had black colored ring ropes long before SmackDown ever did. So I could just get into a whole diatribe about how WWF ripped off elements of WCW's color scheme from not only Nitro but even Thunder because if memory serves me right there was WCW Thunder long before there was a WWF SmackDown (which utilized the same color scheme more or less that Thunder had). Again, not that I was ever offended by the two companies borrowing elements from one another, but if you are going to openly nitpick about something TNA did that was similar to WWE, then you better open up the history books of WWE and follow along with everyone else when they start blowing your tripe ridden disatribes to smithereens.

I can't say for sure on this one since I am no more an expert on how companies negotiate business products than you are in being able to actually structure an actual argument about TNA without nitpicking about trivial nonsense like ring rope color. However, I would venture to say that with two hugely popular networks under Viacom's network such as Nickelodeon and MTV, I'm gong to go out on a limb and say that despite the difficulty that might be presented, this matter will be resolved. Maybe, easier said than done but considering the magnitude of Viacom as a company, I don't think this will necessarily go on forever. Again, this is just an opinion of mine and not a certainty. I just wanted to make sure that unlike yourself, I clarify that.

Good God, people, the OP asked a question. He didn't personally bid on TNA at auction, he just said "what if". I reread the original post and in fact saw nothing about Hulk Hogan's nepotism, enthusiastic British fans or even what a dope Dixie is. Surely the OP brought up Heyman? Nope... so what thread are y'all reading? It's funny to me how someone can state that TNA isn't going anywhere but in the same sentence they condemn the entire wrestling industry as dying. Which is it, exactly?

Hypothetically speaking (lets say Martha Stewart bought a large share of TNA and it crumbled financially from the inside) who should get the TNA library? Hmmm... lemme see... how 'bout Vince McMahon? Who else would have a dumb enough merchandising staff who'd look at the TNA Video Library and say "Ka-Ching"?

Either that or Google should buy it, stick it all on a YouTube channel and milk it for what it's worth. Either way, wrestling fans still get content and some company gets to break even on a deal over some shitty wrestling VHS. It's win freaking win, baby!

But that's not going to happen because a select few of TNAs Board of Directors have already posted before me that its a sturdy, profitable company that's not going anywhere and will only steadily get better [when Jarrett's gone]. I heard they were going to remove Taz on commentary and bring in James Earl Jones. That'd look good on a DVD cover.

Don't talk to me about TNAs quarterly earnings... I really don't care if they're profitable or not. Nor would I have them broken down to me buy internet stockbrokers. Anyone else: if TNA buys the farm who should get the intellectual property (using the word 'intellectual' very loosely)?

SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. I am absolutely sick of your biased, stupid, ignorant posts. How blind of an idiot can you really be? If a train hit you, would you just think a guy shot you due to how blind you are? TNA isn't going to be bough any time soon because the last thing it's doing is struggling. TNA is today more organized than it ever has been before. Whether it's creating new stars, generating PPV buys and attendances to it's own extent, TNA today is in the best condition of it's 10 year existence. If you're too stupid to note it, you should log the fuck off and actually watch the program. Because I guarantee you that if this thread stays open, not a single soul will agree with your obviously ignorant opinion.

Point it out for me. If TNA is in such deep trouble, where's the proof? What's the reason for the so-called crisis? Is top talent leaving? Are PPV buyrates low? Are big arena attendances down? Are you going to be stupid and say TNA got dropped from TV as if it was their own fault? Come on, smart ass. Where's the proof.

Has TNA passed the 0.98 ratings yet? LOL!

Back to thread: I can't really see anyone dumb enough to purchase a company that only the minority of wrestling fans watches. Maybe Vince would? Just to conquer his competition like he did with WCW, but then again I don't think he really sees TNA as a competition for WWE.

whoever has enough cashflow to sustain running at a loss unti, they finally realise competin with WWE is NEVER going to be their agenda and focus on being something alternate to WWE. WWE buying TNA would be the final nail in the pro wrestling coffin in North America. Competition is what makes business peak

I believe that WWE marks are just as wrong for claiming TNA will go under just as TNA fans go overboard by claiming the same for WWE. Both companies have their strengths and weaknesses, obviously. Just because TNA is currently the number two company doesn't mean WWE will ultimately put them out of business.

TNA marks never claim WWE is going under, ever, like ever, and if they do they're idiots. Six years on wrestling forums now and it's always been the same criticisms, the product isn't good, the production value sucks and the wrong people are in power. That is what WWE fans have always used against TNA fans since I first began using forums. And you know what's stupid? Argument is pointless, because whether WWE fans like it or not, TNA have an audience. And whether TNA fans like it or not, WWE will always have an audience.

Unfortunately, alot of fans are delusional in their beliefs. Just read the original post. Full of faulty assumptions and baseless claims.

It's Mack_Swagger, he is a notorious idiot on the board. Most just red rep him and ignore, but sometimes his stupidity provokes response.

See, that's the thing; WWE can make a "few calls and change their product within the drop of a dime", but, they DON'T. They've been on auto-pilot since WCW went under and not truly given the honest effort to improve things.

Why would they go all out? Where's the sense in that? They have no competition, that is the reality of it. They don't want to start taking out all the big cards, you leave a trick up your sleeve for when times are tough or the boat is rocking, WWE focus on ratings, income and buyrates, which like it or not, they have a clear advantage over TNA on.

And while some people may not like TNA, they have been giving the effort[even though some things they do don't make logical sense]. This is what sets TNA & WWE apart in my view; TNA is trying just about anything to see if something sticks and WWE are just phoning it in, as usual.

TNA was terrible for about two years remember, and not many deny that. I watched it throughout the "dark days" if you wish to call it, which included the infamous twelve minutes of wrestling episode which was literally painful to watch. Or The Nasty Boys. Or the reforming of "The Band," however while all this was going on WWE were producing things such as The Nexus, last summer they had the CM Punk angle which certainly isn't "phoning it in." Bringing back The Rock certainly isn't "phoning it in" either or the current angle with AJ.

See, this is what I alluded to in the first post. WWE marks do harshly criticize TNA's product, most don't even watch, lately the struggle for TNA has been to get back the viewers they lost and isolated when the product was poor, now that its good. But TNA marks still throw the, "WWE are lazy" card, been doing it for ever, and it makes no sense.

When's the last time something truly shocking happened? I'd be hard pressed to come up with three really good examples in the last decade, to be perfectly honest.

1) Group of young guys from the third brand show formed a group in order to take out John Cena and other main event main roster talent. They also headlined SummerSlam. You didn't see it coming when NXT started, therefore it was surprising, and we all know damn well it was shocking at that time because it was a huge angle.

2) CM Punk taking a microphone, sitting on top of the stage and running down the company, its executives, those that hold him back, John Cena, Triple H, mentioning by name Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, bringing a scenario that was happening behind the scenes in his contract expiring and changing it to an angle, and making several very backstage based references. May have been worked, but we were here last year when it was happening, people had no idea what was going on.

3) Brock Lesnar returning to WWE, whether you like him or not, was a big shock for a lot of people considering how he left, where he went when he left, what he said while he was gone and how much he was being paid to return.

I have a few more in my head. And there is no point in you replying, stating, "I didn't find that shocking, I knew those were all going to happen," because that is irrelevant. Anybody who was posting on these boards when all three occurred or any boards remembers from the reactions to all three incidents how surprising they were, general consensus overrules any one opinion.

TNA has built somewhat momentum with going back live and their shows seem layered better leading up to the end. They still have horrible storylines like AJ/Claire Lynch going, but, at least that's an attempt[although a poor one]. Once TNA starts realizing where their strength lies[wrestling] they can then try to build upon that to capatilize on storylines accordingly. I believe TNA would sooner close their own doors, on their own terms before selling to Vince McMahon or anyone else.

I don't really care for the final line at all. Again, this thread was created by Mack_Swagger who has so few brain cells the ones remaining are on suicide watch. What I will say is, as someone who doesn't show bias to either mainstream wrestling company and simply enjoys wrestling in all forms(except JCW and CZW, cause Juggalos and excessively violent wrestling suck), I look at things from a realistic standpoint, and I know damn well that for those of you who legitimately believe that because TNA are producing a great product and because Austin Aries says there will be a "boom," does by no means mean TNA is going to somehow magically start getting better ratings, pay-per-view buyrates and significant profit to overhaul WWE.

Instead what TNA fans need to focus on is how they progress in the now, instead of what they hypothetically feel they'll produce down the road. Right now, as of late TNA's product has been better than that found on WWE's flagship show. But with WWE going into the 1,000th episode which is then followed by Raw, chances are TNA won't hold that advantage long, so you look at other positives.

Pay-per-view quality in TNA has been better of that in WWE, despite the fact WWE pay-per-views have been of good quality this year thus far. Slammiversary and Destination X were both great pay-per-views, before that Sacrifice was a great pay-per-view. That doesn't mean, "TNA new number one, Vince McMahon is fucked," that means they've progressed, but with Money in The Bank Sunday and SummerSlam next month, things can change in the blink of an eye.

Don't look at things from what you feel will hypothetically happen. Look at things from what you know.

TNA marks never claim WWE is going under, ever, like ever, and if they do they're idiots. Six years on wrestling forums now and it's always been the same criticisms, the product isn't good, the production value sucks and the wrong people are in power. That is what WWE fans have always used against TNA fans since I first began using forums. And you know what's stupid? Argument is pointless, because whether WWE fans like it or not, TNA have an audience. And whether TNA fans like it or not, WWE will always have an audience.

I was actually agreeing to a certain degree with what you already said. WWE fans will criticize TNA's product and vice-versa. You're either a bigger TNA fan or a mostly WWE fan. Both products will be favored in their own ways. And it is a moot point. I like both shows in their own ways, though I do believe TNA is trying abit harder than WWE currently. They have been stuck on auto-pilot since they lost any major competition and their shows reflect that. WWE hasn't done anything really major in awhile now. The CM Punk thing last year and maybe the Nexus storyline[at the beginning] were maybe the only exceptions.

It's Mack_Swagger, he is a notorious idiot on the board. Most just red rep him and ignore, but sometimes his stupidity provokes response.

Ya don't have to tell me. I've witnessed his stupidity numerous times in various topics. King of the morons.....

Why would they go all out? Where's the sense in that? They have no competition, that is the reality of it. They don't want to start taking out all the big cards, you leave a trick up your sleeve for when times are tough or the boat is rocking, WWE focus on ratings, income and buyrates, which like it or not, they have a clear advantage over TNA on.

Why would WWE go all out? Pride in their product, perhaps? Knowing that the material they are presenting is quality. WWE haven't went all out in years and although TNA have a ways to go, they are giving that effort. We haven't been able to say that about WWE in quite sometime.

TNA was terrible for about two years remember, and not many deny that. I watched it throughout the "dark days" if you wish to call it, which included the infamous twelve minutes of wrestling episode which was literally painful to watch. Or The Nasty Boys. Or the reforming of "The Band," however while all this was going on WWE were producing things such as The Nexus, last summer they had the CM Punk angle which certainly isn't "phoning it in." Bringing back The Rock certainly isn't "phoning it in" either or the current angle with AJ.

Like I said before, Punk and the Nexus are exceptions to WWE's otherwise mediocre product. And while I will admit that TNA was awful for quite sometime, they are starting to turn the tide. Their shows are reflecting that and the energy seems more prevalent in the shows. When you watch RAW or Smackdown, you get the dragging feeling of routine. If The Rock returning is the best you have, you may as well end the debate here. The Rock of 2011/2012 is a far cry from attitude era The Rock. His promos were lame, uninspiring, and quite honestly boring. I dunno if Rock was being limited in what he could say or if he just lost his passion for WWE, but, it definetely showed when he came back. And I was a huge Rock fan back in the day. I wanted to believe that WWE would make his return a big deal. Sadly, it didn't seem that way and his match @ Mania with John Cena didn't live up to the hype it received. It was decent at best and I believe Taker/HHH in the cell was way better.

See, this is what I alluded to in the first post. WWE marks do harshly criticize TNA's product, most don't even watch, lately the struggle for TNA has been to get back the viewers they lost and isolated when the product was poor, now that its good. But TNA marks still throw the, "WWE are lazy" card, been doing it for ever, and it makes no sense.

I don't consider myself either. I'm not a "TNA mark" nor am I a "WWE mark". I'm simply a wrestling and entertainment fan. I believe both companies should be doing their absolute best whether there's competition between them or not. TNA has a long way to go before they can even be considered a contender to WWE. By the same token, WWE needs to do something to change things up and innovate. I feel as if they've been complacecent and not giving their complete all to their shows. I know alot of people will disagree just because WWE has been around so long that it's mainstay. I understand that. I don't think anyone can honestly think WWE are giving 110% to their audience. Their shows are barely passable at best these days, which is sad because they are capable of much better with the talent and resources they have.

1) Group of young guys from the third brand show formed a group in order to take out John Cena and other main event main roster talent. They also headlined SummerSlam. You didn't see it coming when NXT started, therefore it was surprising, and we all know damn well it was shocking at that time because it was a huge angle.

Like I said previously, this was an exception. No one seen this coming. It was great for awhile. But, as the norm, WWE eventually screwed it up beyond repair.

2) CM Punk taking a microphone, sitting on top of the stage and running down the company, its executives, those that hold him back, John Cena, Triple H, mentioning by name Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, bringing a scenario that was happening behind the scenes in his contract expiring and changing it to an angle, and making several very backstage based references. May have been worked, but we were here last year when it was happening, people had no idea what was going on.

Again, another exception. I loved it when Punk did his thing and I actually had hope that the entire WWE would change because of that entire storyline. For awhile, it did look promising. Unfortunately, WWE inserted Triple H into the scene halting what momentum CM Punk had going for him. WWE always manages to take one step forward and about ten back. I'm a big fan of CM Punk and his work. But, to say WWE haven't capatilized on his talent would be an understatement.

3) Brock Lesnar returning to WWE, whether you like him or not, was a big shock for a lot of people considering how he left, where he went when he left, what he said while he was gone and how much he was being paid to return.

That was shocking, indeed. And what did they do with that? Had Lesnar lose to John Cena and kept him off of television[because of the lack of appearance dates]. Again, good concept but a half-asssed execution. I'm willing to bet most fans don't even care about Lesnar now. Him not being on TV week-to-week renders him irrelevant.

I have a few more in my head. And there is no point in you replying, stating, "I didn't find that shocking, I knew those were all going to happen," because that is irrelevant. Anybody who was posting on these boards when all three occurred or any boards remembers from the reactions to all three incidents how surprising they were, general consensus overrules any one opinion.

You seem to be under the impression that I am a TNA mark. Not so. I'm just pointing out the obvious. WWE haven't been giving a week-by-week effort in a long time. And while the examples you gave were indeed shocking, how long did they last? The true test of quality is lasting appeal. And WWE seems to screw up everytime in that respect. I do like how you threw in general consensus "overrules any one opinion". Aren't all of us basing our thoughts on our OPINIONS.

I don't really care for the final line at all. Again, this thread was created by Mack_Swagger who has so few brain cells the ones remaining are on suicide watch. What I will say is, as someone who doesn't show bias to either mainstream wrestling company and simply enjoys wrestling in all forms(except JCW and CZW, cause Juggalos and excessively violent wrestling suck), I look at things from a realistic standpoint, and I know damn well that for those of you who legitimately believe that because TNA are producing a great product and because Austin Aries says there will be a "boom," does by no means mean TNA is going to somehow magically start getting better ratings, pay-per-view buyrates and significant profit to overhaul WWE.

So, basically, you are saying no matter what TNA does that WWE shouldn't be accountable for their horrible product? That's gotta be the biggest BS line I've ever read. It seems like you are abit more partial to WWE and it influences your overall take on TNA. I simply call the shows as I see them. If TNA sucks, I say it does[and it has sucked alot in past years]. At the same time, if WWE are phoning it in I will say it is. Just because WWE had alot of past glory does not excuse them for not trying. Especially when they are fully capable of doing much more.

Instead what TNA fans need to focus on is how they progress in the now, instead of what they hypothetically feel they'll produce down the road. Right now, as of late TNA's product has been better than that found on WWE's flagship show. But with WWE going into the 1,000th episode which is then followed by Raw, chances are TNA won't hold that advantage long, so you look at other positives.

There are certain things I do like about current WWE. There are also many things to like about TNA as well. The difference between the two is that TNA are trying everything in their power to be different. WWE is capable of it, but, would rather rest on their past. That's obvious when they cannot pull the trigger on making true stars currently.

Pay-per-view quality in TNA has been better of that in WWE, despite the fact WWE pay-per-views have been of good quality this year thus far. Slammiversary and Destination X were both great pay-per-views, before that Sacrifice was a great pay-per-view. That doesn't mean, "TNA new number one, Vince McMahon is fucked," that means they've progressed, but with Money in The Bank Sunday and SummerSlam next month, things can change in the blink of an eye.

I think you misunderstand my view here. I'm not saying TNA is gonna be number one anytime soon. They have done better, but, still have a long way to go before they can even think of competing with WWE. However, if WWE were giving the effort that TNA is now there would be no topics like this. With the vast resources WWE has, they'd be killing TNA with great shows if they were trying. I hope WWE can improve their shows, though I don't expect it. They've been the only game in town so long that they are arrogant enough not to take TNA seriously.

Don't look at things from what you feel will hypothetically happen. Look at things from what you know.

I don't base anything I say on conjecture or hypotheticals. I'm simply rating the products on their merits. TNA is currently having better shows while WWE keeps doing the same mediocre stuff. And aside from the 1000th episode of RAW, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

This is a silly topic so like everyone else in this thread I am just going to spew some fluff that may or may not have any validity.

The signs have been pretty good for TNA lately. It seems as though both Spike and Panda/the Carters are making some investments:

1. Weekly live television
2. Earlier time slot (although I don't know what they do when they are competing with BBT, NBC Thursday comedies, Pro Football & the World Series)
3. Improving production
4. Resigning HH
5. More road dates in locales outside the southeast

No one can just walk in to TNA and make them some type of juggernaut in less than a year. It takes time to find and build stars. Hogan and Bischoff failed in 2010. The Carter's intent may be to make TNA profitable enough so they can sell and get some return on their investment but it seems like they are in it for the long haul. I have no more knowledge than anyone else but I would assume they don't have any realistic offers on the table and they are generating enough revenue to stay afloat.

Must also be nice to give your daughter a nice little cushy important job. Imagine if Dick-see were your boss and you had to take orders from her and Macho Serge?

it is going to be some nobody that no one has heard of. you hear lots of familiar names like Heyman but the simple fact is that if these people could turn TNA around into a really successful company, they would have opened one already and put TNA out of business. who in their right mind would sit on the sidelines and wait for a company like TNA to do so poorly that they would by it for cheap instead of opening their own company? you are going to buy a company that no one cared about in the hopes of turning it around? it will be vince or someone who, like Turner did, decides to jump into the business.

They are wrestling company. What did you want them to do, go up against the New England Patriots? Just roll over and fold?

What if the world were to end tomorrow? Opening threads based on hypotheticals and what if's are the stupidest threads on earth, usually made by pretty stupid posters.

You tell us . You were either at the meeting or reading dirtsheets. You're a moron either way unfortunately.

"the shape TNA is in". It's in the best shape it has been for years. You can be a Hogan, Bischoff, Dixie hater, I personally couldn't give a fuck but TNA's product is light years ahead of the WWE's at the moment and it's the best TNA has ever put out in my opinion. Again, JR or Vince running TNA and saying it would be 'better' is a load of shit. You have no idea what would happen if either were to buy TNA.

No one. It should be left alone and never resurrected again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back