Who Should WWE Really Fear, TNA Or WSX?

do you go to wrestling events with your spinner belt? you obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about buddy. ROH is 10x the wrestling WWE is these days. WWE just has more money and a TV deal on ROH. also the WWE has been around alot longer. i think ROH started in 2002 and how many 5 star matches have they had? how many have WWE had since 1997?

Naw, its just ***holes who are looking for an adrenaline rush. They also go down rails with there skateboards to get a rush. Their fans think all that's cool when they see a move. Anyway, your probably just a fan of stunts.

From what I'm getting you seem to be watching wrestling from the point of view of someone who does not even watch wrestling and thinks wrestling is just a joke. You seem to be viewing wrestling how most people view it as stupid and fake and then coming on here and telling us about it just like a non wrestling fan would.
And you're reaching for something that isn't there, my friend. I watch LOTS of wrestling. LOTS. More than you do, I'm sure. The difference is that I don't accept everything that's shoveled down the pike at me. I have higher standards that that. When wrestling is done well, the "fake" aspect tends to dissipate a little bit more. When I watch crap on Smackdown, Raw, ECW, TNA, or WSX, you can believe that I won't just sit there cooing like a seal and clapping my hands together in approval for a product I find to be inferior not only to its contemporaries, but also to itself only but a handful of years ago. From time to time on WWE's shows there are some good bits that really work, but more often than not, it's badly produced, badly booked wrestling from my standpoint.

I think as wrestling fans we have actually become a little spoiled in terms of how good the wrestling product is, whether it be Raw, SD!, ECW, or even TNA. I remember years ago, before the days of such shows as Raw and SD, wrestling consisted of a superstar wrestling a jobber for almost the whole show, with possibly one main event whereby two superstars actually wrestled each other. Bret Hart, for example, would come out and wrestle Joe Nobody, kick the crap out of him, and then onto the next star vs jobber match.

At least now we get to see superstar vs superstar all the time on all brands of all shows. The "jobber" has basically disappeared, at least from TV. Compare a poor episode of Raw to an episode of wrestling from 10+ years ago, and you'll see just how good the product is.

I think many wrestling fans have expectations which are too high, expecting 2 hours of top notch wrestling every show every week. That's impossible to deliver, which is why we see filler shit like diva searches, Donald Trump, and lots of talking.

Personally I think Raw is pretty damn good. SD is watchable. ECW and TNA are OK in small doses.

And of course if you don't agree, no one is forcing anyone to watch.

I don't know about the argument there that jobbers aren't on TV anymore, as I see them constantly on television. Just last Teusday on ECW they had Snitsky against two big jobbers who he schooled in five seconds. On RAW these days, The Highlanders are just glorified jobbers to guys like Khali, and so and so forth. Jobbing actually hasn't really disappeared or gone anywhere in my book.

The question of who the WWE should fear, TNA or WSX, the answer is neither. They should fear their fans. The fans are the ones that have been putting up with the WWE's ridiculious storylines, piss poor booking, horrible matches, crappy feuds and general all around sucking, and they shouldn't take for granted that they will accept that forever. The fans are already jumping ship to the indies like TNA, ROH, CZW, etc. because of the quality of the product, not because of the storylines. Storylines have always been a huge part of wrestling, but they were always second to the actual wrestling themselves, and no matter how good the storyline is it can never save a snoozefest match like the ones we've been getting in our homes from Vince these last couple of monthes. Vince should fear himself, his own laziness, his own will to pass by on just the bare minimum. He fought hard against WCW and ECW and he won because of his fight, he put on some of the best series of matches on wrestling history from 1997-2000, and no one can ever deny that. However, once the competition was gone, he remembered what it was like back in the WWF's 80s heyday, when their cartoonish wrestling was the top thing in the world and he didn't have to put on good matches as long as he entertained the fans. The thing is though, he's stopped entertaining the fans. Vince at this point is clearly just doing what he is for material aspect (money, etc) as opposed to doing it because of his love for the business like he used to do.

Give TNA a few years to build themselves up more and they not only will compete with WWE, but I can see them winning a new Monday Night Wars for awhile.

WSX on the other hand, is already dead. Too bad, but thats what you get for making the mistake of putting wrestling on MTV when you know they don't care about consistency or quality of programming. Any other cable network would of gladly taken in WSX, and I don't understand why they didn't go that route. It's a shame really, because WSX has an extremely talented roster of guys, and they've put on some fantastic matches since starting up. I'm not talking about the matches on TV, as they are always limited to like five minutes at tops, but if you ever checked out there online show WSXtra, they always have a match or two there that goes atleast 10 minutes and is usually awesome and very entertaining. The future looks very bright for those guys, and I suggest as many of them jump to TNA as they can now. TNA is almost like the glorified indies these days, as its not technically still an independent fed, being on TV and all.

Bottom line, WWE needs to fear their downfall worse than any other company that could potentially do it, because if they keep on the track record they've been going on for the last couple of monthes or so it will only be a matter of time before another company comes along and swipes up half of their fanbase like WCW did in the mid 90's.

The wrestling from the 70's seemed more real and legit. Then it became more and more fake as the years went by until it just went overboard with the emergence of the high flyer. I swear, some matches I just can't stand to watch. But when they start doing some actual "wresting" the fans start to boo.

Ratings have nothing to do with the quality of the show desimandem, just like the popularity of something has nothing to do with it's worth. If that were the logic than we could all agree that the best show on tv is American Idol, and if this were the 30s you'd be saying "That Hitler, he's a really great guy and good leader huh" considering his enormous popularity.

Don't think so black and white and materialistically, the most critically acclaimed novels and films are never the most popular.

Ratings have nothing to do with the quality of the show desimandem, just like the popularity of something has nothing to do with it's worth. If that were the logic than we could all agree that the best show on tv is American Idol, and if this were the 30s you'd be saying "That Hitler, he's a really great guy and good leader huh" considering his enormous popularity.

Don't think so black and white and materialistically, the most critically acclaimed novels and films are never the most popular.

I agree with you to a point.

Popularity does not equal worth, but it plays a huge role in a capitalistic society. Don't fool yourself. If promotions such as ROH had as much of a following as you want it to, they would be all over our television sets.

The fact is, the market is small. The market for "wrestling" has shrunk drastically, and has been largely consumed by "sports entertainment." Even myself has changed drastically. I was a huge fan of Japanese wrestling promotions and collected tapes for many years. I've given them all away now though, as there is only so long I can appreciate the art of guys "pretending to fight" (quoting Mick Foley).

A great match is a great match.

Something we can all appreciate. I recently re-watched Michaels/Angle from WM and was literally grinning at the screen because of how entertained and amazed I was. But you can't give me that for 2 hours. I'd get bored. And that is coming from a guy that used to view himself as a traditionalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back