• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Hulk Hogan Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will finally be the Hulkster getting the proper send off he deserves

What, in TNA? Are you mad? How could he get a proper send off in wrestling, when he's not with the WWE? The WWE & WCW is where he made his name. Having his final few years in TNA isn't going to enhance his legacy at all, nor will it be a proper send off. If he wanted that, he would have gone back to the WWE for a one time WrestleMania match with John Cena, which was meant to happen at WrestleMania 25.

TNA isn't big enough for Hulk Hogan.

Hmm I don't think Hogan will draw that many more views, The people who knew and grew up with Hogan are around 20s-30s today. That is mainly who watches TNA now, I can't see his addition bringing any new kiddies for TNA due to the fact they have never seen him in his prime.

Plus Hogan...what is he, 58+? Should just smarten up like Flair. Go do your tour and hang it up already. Why is Hogan even in TNA, he's all about the money he won't make shit lol.

Can't wait to see how much better the WWE is about to get though

Vince McMahon hasn't treated his fans very good these past couple years. He has essentially told them "Advertisers come before fans, because the fans will watch whatever I put on the air".

I think he is going to pay a heavy price for his arrogance.

Can't help but think the reason for Shane McMahon's departure had something to do with this. Maybe he was just tired of the business and knew this was going to happen ... and didn't feel like dealing with the outcome and how his father was going to go even more ballistic than he already is.

But this is what wrestling fans have been absolutely starving for.

Oh, and PLEASE, stop talking about how Vince and the WWE are trying to improve their product. This is a thread about TNA, Hogan, and Bischoff, if you want to discuss WWE go do it in a WWE thread.

A huge part of TNA is what their competition does and what TNA does to counteract that so talking about what Vince and WWE might do has relevance.

Hmm I don't think Hogan will draw that many more views, The people who knew and grew up with Hogan are around 20s-30s today. That is mainly who watches TNA now, I can't see his addition bringing any new kiddies for TNA due to the fact they have never seen him in his prime.

Plus Hogan...what is he, 58+? Should just smarten up like Flair. Go do your tour and hang it up already. Why is Hogan even in TNA, he's all about the money he won't make shit lol.

Can't wait to see how much better the WWE is about to get though

If hes all about money then why would he sign with TNA? You do know he got to see the contract before he signed it right? Obviously hes making a bit more than shit if hes all about the money huh?

What, in TNA? Are you mad? How could he get a proper send off in wrestling, when he's not with the WWE? The WWE & WCW is where he made his name. Having his final few years in TNA isn't going to enhance his legacy at all, nor will it be a proper send off. If he wanted that, he would have gone back to the WWE for a one time WrestleMania match with John Cena, which was meant to happen at WrestleMania 25.

TNA isn't big enough for Hulk Hogan.

I don't think it will be a few years and if Vince is smart he will give him one final run.

This is not as huge as everyone seems to think it is. This is not the Hogan of 1994 signing for WCW. This is Hogan of 2009 signing for TNA, MASSIVE difference.

I'm sure there will be an increase in interest in TNA for a short period of time but the hype will die down and TNA will still be a million miles away from competing with WWE.

I hope I'm wrong because there is nothing I want nothing more than a serious rival for WWE.

I would expect a live show to come out as a result of this, and expect to see either Impact or a brand new show to go up against Raw head to head very shortly.

Especially since Spike TV executives are present at Madison Square Garden with Dixie Carter.

A huge part of TNA is what their competition does and what TNA does to counteract that so talking about what Vince and WWE might do has relevance.

I understand that, and it's fine to mention how this might instill competition in Vince, but I'm going to start deleting any posts that talk ONLY about Vince and the WWE, and about how they're going to step it up. Go start a thread in the WWE section if you want to talk about that. It's fine to discuss it in here, just don't make your entire post about the WWE.

Hogan will draw the old school fans to see what the fuss is about. But TNA has to use the talent they have to hook them in.

Hopefully Spike tv will now put more effort into promoting TNA.

Anyone else think it's also just a matter of time before Hogan's kids get involved?

This will be good for TNA people want to see Hulk Hogan even at his age. With Booker T and Sting now gone TNA could use a couple big names, and Hogan is the biggest name there is.

I'm kinda surprised Hogan decided to do this,but I can understand that he still has the desire to wrestle and with Vince not hiring him,TNA is the only place to go. However,I don't think this will be as big a move as some others may think. TNA may now have the writers that were there for WWF Attitude Era,but they don't have the talent. They were all in WCW and we know how that story ended. For the sake of the wrestling business,I hope TNA's product improves,but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hmm I don't think Hogan will draw that many more views, The people who knew and grew up with Hogan are around 20s-30s today. That is mainly who watches TNA now, I can't see his addition bringing any new kiddies for TNA due to the fact they have never seen him in his prime

The people who grew up watching Hogan are NOT in their 20's, they are in their late 30's and 40's.
The mid 80's were 25 years ago.

I actually think Eric Bischoff is a more important signing than Hogan. Look back at all the established wrestlers TNA brought in (Angle, Foley, Sting ECT.) and didn't get any ratings boost from it. It's a good creative writing team that boosts ratings, not 1 wrestler. Although you do have to have talented wrestlers.

If hes all about money then why would he sign with TNA? You do know he got to see the contract before he signed it right? Obviously hes making a bit more than shit if hes all about the money huh?

Right, Hogan is still a greedy prick and I bet they are probably paying him a scratch of what the WWE would've offered for a final WM match. Who knows maybe if TNA convinced him with a lot of money now their already huge roster will suffer.

Didn't Vince Russo call Hogan and I quote "a piece of sh*t, and I swear you'll never see him again"? And Hogan said Jarrett lying down for him is why wCw was in the gutter? Dixie Carter is like asking Jessica Simpson to do brain surgery.

I think that there will be a huge bump in ratings for the first few weeks. The "newness" of Hogan being there will die off quickly.

Bischoff on the other hand, is an amazing aquisition for TNA. I can't wait to see what comes of it all.

All I know with all the "old heads" around, its WCW all over again and holding down all the younger guys. Welcome back to Wheel Chair Wrestling.

Right, Hogan is still a greedy prick and I bet they are probably paying him a scratch of what the WWE would've offered for a final WM match. Who knows maybe if TNA convinced him with a lot of money now their already huge roster will suffer.

You don't know what their paying him yet you still call him a greedy prick? He knows he could have gotten any number he wanted out of WWE for a WM match but he decided not to. That kinda says something about him not being a greedy prick.

I understand that, and it's fine to mention how this might instill competition in Vince, but I'm going to start deleting any posts that talk ONLY about Vince and the WWE, and about how they're going to step it up. Go start a thread in the WWE section if you want to talk about that. It's fine to discuss it in here, just don't make your entire post about the WWE.

Exactly. You certainly can't be expected not to discuss the impact the signing will have on competitors, we just want to make sure this doesn't turn into a "here's what Vince will do now" thread. As X mentioned, if there isn't already one started in the WWE section, feel free to start one.

I think today will become the first time TNA has more people viewing its threads than the WWE threads with more than 100 people in each.

The people who grew up watching Hogan are NOT in their 20's, they are in their late 30's and 40's.
The mid 80's were 25 years ago.

I actually think Eric Bischoff is a more important signing than Hogan. Look back at all the established wrestlers TNA brought in (Angle, Foley, Sting ECT.) and didn't get any ratings boost from it. It's a good creative writing team that boosts ratings, not 1 wrestler. Although you do have to have talented wrestlers.

Nay, my brother is 25 and he saw Hogan during his prime. Either way still doubt any guy who hasn't been watching the new WWE product will switch to TNA to see Micky Rourke

I'm sorry but this is HUGE news. I've always thought that if TNA had one big name their product would soar. I know Hogan is past his prime, but he is Hulk Hogan. Look at what happen to WCW. Hogan was such a big name it literally put WCW on the map. Bischoff had a lot to do with that too. You could say they ended up ruining WCW with Russo, but that's in the past. I think Russo has learned from his mistakes, and I don't think he is the anti christ like some people say he is.

This may go somewhere big, it may not. This is the biggest thing to happen to TNA ever, and I hope it will put them on the map. They already have the talent to be a great wrestling company. Let's hope Hogan and Bischoff will add to that without draining it.

I understand why TNA signed Hogan (Ratings) but why does Hogan need TNA? Money I guess but I don't see this making any difference for TNA other than maybe a Live Show or Two. Hogan has a bad hip and I don't see him Wrestling if thats what is there to do.

This will be short term gain (media and fan attention) but long term pain (will he be like Sting and put over others... CLEAN??)

TNA needs the attention and hopefully Hogan is there with some understanding that they need AJ, Daniels, Joe, the younger talent to be over. Its why I think a lot of TNA fans watch this show. I like the youth, athleticism and charisma... Hogan can kill all of that quickly, I hope Dixie is smarter than that.

Would you be shocked if Dixie Carter sold a big hunk of shares of TNA to Hogan and Eric, knowing full well what they could bring to the table? I am fully expecting to hear that Hogan and Eric are part owners.

I am also wondering about fall out with Russo after Bash at the Beach 2000 and the ensuing lawsuit. I think Russo may be out of a job.

Anyone else think it's also just a matter of time before Hogan's kids get involved?

I was just thinking that myself. Nick Hogan is training to become a wrestler right now, and with the Hulkster joining TNA, I doubt Nick has a shot in WWE. So I could see him getting involved in TNA.

Brooke on the other hand I dont really see happening. It would be cool to see her as part of the beautiful people with Lacey Von Erich or something, but again doubt she will appear at all in TNA. On the other hand, I bet we will se TNA mentioned on Brooke Knows Best.

How is this anythign but a waste of time!? Really!? Hogan!?! Seriously!? WTF is going on here. TNA used to pride themselves on being the future of wrestling. Now all they are is a wannabe version on WCW.

Trust me, I grew up on Hogan and loved watchign him. But not no more. Seriously!? Hogan!? WTF is going on around here?

This is very sdad being an original fan of TNA and what they meant for wrestling and the innovative thinsg they did.

So now you have Hogan, Nash, Bishoff, Booker T, Steiner, Angle, Foley, Sting. Wow way to bring back 1996 (and I am being sarcastic).

What a joke. Seriously!? Hogan!? WTF is going on around here?

I would take Curry Man over this crap any day. Well, hate to say it, but I hope the WWE purchase of TNA comes sooner than later because this reeks of a WCW rerun. Guess I should eb expecting a Rise and Fall of TNA DVD in the future.

Seriously!? Hogan!? WTF is going on around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back