Nominations thread for Luther Area tournament

just for future references Ech there should be a rule that says when you vote for somebody you have to have at lest some working knowledge of the characters/series involved in said match.

I am thinking about just using a poll. Sure, there will be people that will blindly vote for their favorites; however, this tournament will be one of the few found on this board, where facts will form the basis of most arguments, rather than just implied opinions.

This whole tournament is a test of abiliies, to see just whom, of which characters, theorectically, would come out on top in a battle.

This isn't a test of popularity.

He's debatable. Mxyzptlk boarders too much on the line of a god, and I will not be putting unkillable deities into the tournament.

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm leaning towards no

He'd lose easily to someone like Magneto. Anyone with a mental barrier, or a "strong" mind would easily destroy him.

Are their any other heros or villians suggestions that you guys might like to see that haven't aleady been nominated?

I'd say they'd be fully upgraded, yeah.

Classic had a great comic and TV show (and obviously the videogames)

EXE had the anime and manga, and Battle Network games.

So they're pretty much even in amount of source material. We might have to flip a coin.

I'd say they'd be fully upgraded, yeah.

Classic had a great comic and TV show (and obviously the videogames)

EXE had the anime and manga, and Battle Network games.

So they're pretty much even in amount of source material. We might have to flip a coin.

just pick the stronger of the two; this is a tournament of strength and skill, not a popularity contest

Still a hard choice. I'd say they're matched evenly, but Classic has the copying ability and isn't part-human.

There's no way you can have Johnny Bravo in there. He'd be too powerful. The only person he'd lose to is Osaka.

Still a hard choice. I'd say they're matched evenly, but Classic has the copying ability and isn't part-human.

When you look at it, X was the brand new prototype, he was the improvement on the classic. Hell did we throw Zero in this while we were at it? I think Zero was better than X or Classic Mega Man either way.

OK, how about we have Mega Man Classic and Zero as the Mega Man representatives? As much as I LOVE EXE and X, being part human (EXE) and the tabula rasa/reploid limitations (X) could prove to be real problems. Sure, Classic can break the Three Laws and is very human, but underneath his shell he is pure robot, and that could be a major advantage should he ever have to go against someone like Light Yagami. Plus, the auto-healing factors and matter synthesization will be very useful.

Sources:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/366295/1/Rockman_the_Robot_War
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/717531/1/Mega_Man_X_Whispers_In_Time
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/576930/1/Mega_Man_X_Terrornova

((At least read the first two; they're fantastic and have shaped my view of the Classic and X series greatly))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back