*NO SPOILERS* The WWE Royal Rumble LD, All Read First Post

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
KB Edit:

If you hint at someone being in this, and you damn well know what I mean by hinting at it, it's a week.

If you say a name, it's two weeks.

If you say more than one name, confirmed or unconfirmed, you are gone for a month. Oh and remember: I have final say on infractions so have fun arguing with me over it.

RoyalRumble2011.png

Sunday, Jan. 30th at 8/7 CT, only on Pay-Per-View

40-Man Royal Rumble Match

Twenty-seven years ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 40 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors. They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVII. But first, one man will need to surpass the efforts of 39 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2011 Royal Rumble Match. A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, one of 40 elite ring warriors with randomly drawn Rumble entry numbers joins the fray. Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation (ideally, entering at No. 30 like 2007 winner Undertaker and 2008 victor John Cena), past Rumble winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Battle Royal at No. 1 (as seen in 1995 with Shawn Michaels). But, with bodies being tossed out every moment and fresh competitors coming in at such a rapid pace, it’s really anyone’s match. In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Atlanta's Georgia Dome, where they will contend for a World Title of their choosing at WrestleMania. However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune into WWE programming and stay logged on to WWE.com as entrants are named for the 24th annual Royal Rumble Match. Then be sure to witness this epic event live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 30, as the 2011 Royal Rumble defines the course of WWE's new year.
Who Will Main Event WrestleMania XXVII?
WrestleMania_XXVII_logo_display_image1-300x154.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Champion The Miz vs. Randy Orton

He cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on a vulnerable Randy Orton to capture the WWE Championship. He successfully (and controversially) bent the rules in a Tables Match with The Viper to leave WWE TLC with the coveted title. But The Miz will be hard-pressed to hold on to the grandest prize in sports-entertainment when he goes one-on-one with a vengeful Orton once again at the Royal Rumble. Orton earned the right to challenge the most “most-see” WWE Champion in history by defeating both King Sheamus and former Nexus leader Wade Barrett in an explosive Steel Cage Match on the first Raw of 2011. As the New Year unfolds, Orton has only one resolution on his mind: To silence “The Cleveland Screamer” and earn his seventh WWE Championship in the process. On the very same night Orton became No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship, The Miz kicked off 2011 with a brutal title defense against his former tag team partner John Morrison, fueling his boasts with a significant victory over The Monday Night Delight. The Miz was on top of the world following the first match of 2011, but he also remains at the top of the menu for WWE’s Apex Predator. At the Royal Rumble, Orton’s fangs will be sharper than ever. Will The Era of Awesome extend well through this New Year and into 2012, as The Miz has so often proclaimed? Or will The Viper attain the retribution he has craved since The Awesome One’s devious Money in the Bank-assisted victory?

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler

His name is Dolph Ziggler! And at the Royal Rumble, he will look to cement that name in greatness when he challenges World Heavyweight Champion Edge for one of the most coveted titles in existence. Does the ambitious Superstar have what it takes to overcome The Master Manipulator? At WWE TLC, Edge reached new heights, triumphing over the monstrous Kane in a TLC Match to become a 10-time World Champion. On the Jan. 7 edition of SmackDown, he once again ventured into the extreme, overcoming The Devil’s Favorite Demon in a brutal Last Man Standing Match. Truly one of the top Superstars to set foot on the squared circle in the past 15 years, The Rated-R Superstar will journey into Royal Rumble more dominant than ever. In the same night that Dolph Ziggler lost his Intercontinental Title to Kofi Kingston, SmackDown’s Official Consultant Vickie Guerrero scrambled to insert her boyfriend into a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine the No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. In the midst of all-out bedlam, the bleach blond Superstar did what he does best, capitalizing on the match’s chaotic atmosphere to capture the greatest title opportunity of his career. Once again, he seized the moment and took his career to the next level. Regardless of whether Ziggler’s enormous success has derived from his continued association with Guerrero, his aggressive skills in the ring, his unwavering self-confidence or just luck is uncertain. However, his ability to succeed is undeniable and his ambition knows no bounds. More than 30 percent of Superstars who have held the Intercontinental Title have gone on to become World Champion. Has the time come for Dolph Ziggler to join their illustrious ranks? Or, is it only a matter of time before he becomes next victim of The Ultimate Opportunist?

Divas Champion Natalya vs. Lay-Cool (2-on-1 Handicap Match)

They’re no longer the self-professed “Co-Divas Champions,” but Layla & Michelle McCool haven’t lost their luster – at least in their own eyes. And this Sunday at the Royal Rumble, WWE’s Mean Girls will be double trouble for reigning Divas Champion Natalya when they challenge the sexy, smart and powerful Hart Dungeon graduate for the coveted butterfly-emblazoned title. For the past several months, Lay-Cool has been determined to cut down Natalya at every turn, but they seemed to intensify their torment following the 23rd annual Survivor Series, where the pink-and-black clad Diva silenced the boisterous BFFs in a hard-fought 2-on-1 Handicap Match to attain the Divas Championship – her first title in WWE. Supported by a returning Beth Phoenix, Natalya made Lay-Cool feel less than “flawless” just weeks later at WWE TLC, where she made both Layla & Michelle taste timber in the first-ever Divas Tag Team Tables Match. While the Hart descendent more recently turned her attention to new No. 1 contender Melina, Lay-Cool has been determined to become WWE’s top Divas once again. After Natalya turned back the Latina lovely with the legendary Sharpshooter on Raw, just six days before the Royal Rumble, SmackDown’s torturous tandem stormed onto Monday night’s hottest show to remind the Divas Champion that Lay-Cool had yet to invoke their rematch clause, and would challenge Natalya in a 2-on-1 Handicap rematch for the title at the Royal Rumble. Will Lay-Cool initiate another “flawless” title reign? Or will Natalya once again defy the 2-on-1 odds and continue her dominance of the Divas division?

Find out at WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday, Jan. 30th at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past Week On Raw & SmackDown!:

Detroit knock cityooooooooooooEdge's final Spear?

Just six days before the Royal Rumble, The New Nexus and The Corre brought mayhem to Raw in Detroit, when a showdown between the factions' respective leaders, CM Punk and Wade Barrett, spurred an explosive post-match melee.

After World Heavyweight Champ Edge beat Dolph Ziggler with a Spear in tag action, "acting" GM Vickie Guerrero declared the maneuver illegal at Royal Rumble. In response, Edge blasted Ziggler with three Spears. Can the champion overcome this shocking ruling at Royal Rumble?

KB Edit:

If you hint at someone being in this, and you damn well know what I mean by hinting at it, it's a week.

If you say a name, it's two weeks.

If you say more than one name, confirmed or unconfirmed, you are gone for a month. Oh and remember: I have final say on infractions so have fun arguing with me over it.

Reactions: X
Tonight is going to be great. My nephews are coming over to watch the PPV with me, I love watching kids mark out like I did at that age.

If my laptop arrives and I can get it set up before 10 tomorrow morning I will be here, If not I will have to wait to watch this. either way, I can't wait to watch this.

JoMo is my pick. I see no other reason why they'd push him that hard and then take his long awaited title shot off him on RAW instead of letting him fight at the PPV. Maybe they thought about it and found it would be better for him to be in the Rumble. And a big time WrestleMania title match between Morrison and Miz would heavily push both men and sounds very intriguing to me, because they have backstory, it is about two men rising to the top and not as random as "Cena takes the belt again just because he has to every year". They have good chemistry, it would be fresh, unique and memorial, further the youth movement, almost all matches between them were good and they were already testing the waters with their RAW match (and it delivered), so you can't do anything wrong with that matchup. Does "Cena VS Miz" (where we can already pencil the obvious winner) really sound more intriguing than "Morrison VS Miz"? I don't think so. Cena could produce an other high profile match with another guy (like Punk), this way the card looks MUCH better to me.

That being said, I would be really underwhelmed if Cena wins, because it would produce almost the same Cena story we had so many years before and be his 7th consecutive world title match since WrestleMania 21. Try something new!

Missing the Royal Rumble? I wouldn't have any of that. 40 people man hopefully we get some returns, and I would like one or two to actually stay, not just come for a night.

Either way, ROYAL RUMBLE 9:30 TONIGHT, HELL YEAH! I've waited a year for this night.

I might be here if I can stay awake.

I cannot imagine falling asleep during the Royal Rumble, FunKay, especially this year. With all the regular participants, plus the supposed spoiler returns, plus some other potential surprises, staying awake really should not be an issue.

I cannot imagine falling asleep during the Royal Rumble
I've fallen asleep during the Rumble before. So I appreciate the possibility, especially this year, where the extra tens spots will surely lead to more filler and dead time than ever before.

You know, I was kinda blah about the whole rumble this year, even though it is my favorite PPV of the year. I mean, there is only 4 matches on the card as of right now, but then I woke up this morning, and I am really really excited for it. Having only 4 matches means that the two title matches will get at least 35 minutes each, which is friggen awesome, and then the 40 man rumble will go for at least an hour and a half. Plus all the surprises, and shocks along the way? Yup, I am pretty damn pumped for tonight.

I've fallen asleep during the Rumble before. So I appreciate the possibility, especially this year, where the extra tens spots will surely lead to more filler and dead time than ever before.

Better make sure you don't fall asleep this year Coco. Sam has predicted a Sting appearance as the #40 entrant into the Royal Rumble match. Who knows, maybe he'll earn that spot in the WWE Hall of Fame after all ;)

Nice presentation OP. I'm pumped for this show, the Rumble is always one of my favorite events every year and the card looks pretty decent. Plus I've already had a few of the surprise entrants for the Rumble spoiled for me and can't wait to see them.

Should be a good show. I'll probably watch it live and rate the matches, and then do a full-length review of the show Monday afternoon.

Anyone outside of Cena (winning the Rumble) would be a surprise for me. I guess Del Rio would be the second option, but I'm not sure that, A. WWE believes he's ready to headline Mania, and B. WWE wants a Smackdown guy to win two years in a row.

Anyone outside of Cena (winning the Rumble) would be a surprise for me. I guess Del Rio would be the second option, but I'm not sure that, A. WWE believes he's ready to headline Mania, and B. WWE wants a Smackdown guy to win two years in a row.

Why wouldn't they? It's happened before twice.

I don't see Cena winning for some reason. While it wouldn't be surprising, I feel like they might be going for a surprise winner this year. Perhaps CM Punk? Cena could win the title at EC and that would set up their impending Wrestlemania match.

Honestly I really have no idea who they're going to have win tonight. There are so many options.

If Del Rio is going to win this, I would expect him to come in at #1. The WWE will try and make a big deal out of his Rumble victory to make up for his lack of star-power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back