• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Season Opener LD - Giants vs Cowboys

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Cowboys-Giants-Trenches.jpg

It's NFL time again! Should be a good game. I've got Hakeem Nicks as a secondary in one of my fantasy leagues, but other than that I have virtually nothing invested in this match-up for the 2012 season. Except that maybe I'd like the defending Super Bowl Champions to get their asses handed to them, as a bit of retribution for their victory over Green Bay in last year's divisional playoffs.

Habs, I bet we're on the same short list of people who want the Giants to suffer agonizing death and defeat. Not that it matters for you; if the Packers had gone on they would have downed the Patriots too...

Habs, I bet we're on the same short list of people who want the Giants to suffer agonizing death and defeat. Not that it matters for you; if the Packers had gone on they would have downed the Patriots too...

Soon time for that alarm clock to sound off, HGR, you must be dreaming.

Soon time for that alarm clock to sound off, HGR, you must be dreaming.

I guess we'll have to find out in the Superbowl then, my friend. Another year without a Packers/Patriots game, unfortunately. I'd love to put this rumor that the Pack only get by because they're in an easier division to rest.

:confused:

NFC North is far tougher than the AFC East, and that's not even my Lions bias coming into effect. Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets aren't as good as the Lions and Bears. The NFC North is a potential 3 playoff team division. The East likely won't be.

That has yet to be seen. The Packers are strong sure, but the NFC North has so little consistency. Bears are showing life in their roster shifts and draft picks this year; doesn't mean they'll know what to do with their new-found strength. Have fun thinking the Lions are in the playoff hunt this year... ;)

Touchdown Giants!

Cowboys should have this in the bag; Chris Cash will be happy. But god bless their little souls the Giants are doing WORK out there to stay in the chase. I love when games get down to the wire like this. Great second half, for sure.

THis game could have very well come down to that hold... Cowboys woudl have had 1st down with two minutes left, but that hold will put them back.

And...

Nevermind. Romo passes 15 yards for the first down. Game is probably over.

And the Dallas Cowboys go over the NY Giants 24-17.

I'll have you know, I tweeted Chris Cash "24-17 Cowboys" at the very start of the game. Success! :)

Nice work Dallas, I don't remember the last time you actually held a lead. Romo looked great and where the fuck has Ogletree been? My Cowboys actually looked like a Football team tonight, here's hoping they keep it up!

I can't believe this. We actually beat New York. It's a miracle.
KB I didn't know you were a Cowboys fan! Cool beans, or something. I'll admit I don't normally cheer for either, but Chris cash is a Dallas fan and it's...fun to have friends I guess. I was a little upset at New York for downing Green Bay's 15-1 season last year too, so I was hoping for some vengeance.

Great game in the second half. I'll take back what I said about Romo, he certainly showed up later on! Cowboys seemed to click in the late 3rd quarter and Giants really just never got it together. I had fun, and I'm excited for the season. If the Cowboys can take down the defending Champions, it'll be an interesting NFC hunt come playoff time.

I can't believe this. We actually beat New York. It's a miracle.
You beat them in 2010 too, in New York (Jersey). It's not entirely shocking, it was just a 2 game losing streak against the G-Men.

Besides, the Giants are coming off a 9-7 season (in which they won a Super Bowl). They have proven to be a beatable regular-season team.

They have proven to be a beatable regular-season team.

They're just overrated and last year's playoff run was easily the luckiest/flukiest thing to ever happen in the history of sports. I wasn't at all surprised the 'Girls beat them. The Giants will not make the playoffs... I guarantee it.

Kevin Ogletree was a beast at Virginia, I had forgot he had landed on a team. Looking at the amount of times he was targeted last night, he has the potential to be this season's Laurent Robinson.

They're just overrated and last year's playoff run was easily the luckiest/flukiest thing to ever happen in the history of sports. I wasn't at all surprised the 'Girls beat them. The Giants will not make the playoffs... I guarantee it.
I wouldn't go that far. Regardless of how lucky they were last year, The pass rush alone is good enough to win them a few games by itself, and Manning is a good enough QB to get a few wins. Couple that with games against teams they're just flat out better then and they should be able to get 8-10 wins. The NFC East doesn't seem to have one team that runs away with the division, so 9-10 wins can win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back