• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Bowl XLVI

I'm very disappointed, I'm a huge Pats fan, but the Giants played better today and really made less mistakes, that's what it came down too. Neither blew the other out, nor made that many crazy plays (despite what NBC tries to make us believe with that Manningham catch; sure, it was nice, but you see that in most games in some way or another).

People are putting a lot of heat on Welker and Gronk... I'm gonna disagree a bit though. Could they have executed in those situations better? Most definitely agree with you. But, I think it came down to three main things that cost the Pats the game in no particular order:

-Didn't capitalize on the fumbles they forced- they made Bradshaw & Nicks fumble, but the Giants recovered; they also stripped Cruz of the ball, but a penalty cost them that recovery as well.

-Brady's INT. SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THROWN, especially to a hobbled Gronk. Probably my biggest gripe with his play all day.

-The field position battle. The Patriots seemed to start just about every one of their drives inside their own 10 yard line! I'd never seen something like this in football game before, let alone a Superbowl! Some of it was coincidence and bad luck, but some of it too was great punting by Weatherford, and the overall superior field position battle by the Giants.

What weren't as big of factors that people overhyped (and understandably so, I was worried about them as well going into the game)- Giants pass rush and the overall play but the Pats' D. Neither were game-changing, both were solid. I was proud of the Pats' D overall (save for the fumble recoveries), and Brady and the O-Line did a good enough job fending off the usually ferocious Giants pass rush.

Good game overall, sad about the outcome, but didn't feel great about the Pats going into the game. Good win Eli & Giants, much respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back