• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Bowl XLVI

There's already an article up on ESPN.com about the middle finger. Are you kidding me people? We see a classic game but OH NO SOMEONE PUT UP THEIR MIDDLE FINGER!!!!!!!!

People will dickride Eli all week long, and he does deserve a lot of credit, but Gronk and Welker costs the Patriots that game. Injured ankle or not, there's no excuse for going to the ball so half-assed on that interception. And Welker, man, that drop more than anything killed the Pats.

Poor Guy. :(

People will dickride Eli all week long, and he does deserve a lot of credit, but Gronk and Welker costs the Patriots that game. Injured ankle or not, there's no excuse for going to the ball so half-assed on that interception. And Welker, man, that drop more than anything killed the Pats.

Ehh, even if Gronk's ankle was okay, that pass was still way too much to ask of him.

I 100% blame this on Welker. He makes that catch, we win the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Bernard Pollard can go die in a fire.

This is just another kick in the nuts for the Patriots. Almost as bad as Super Bowl 42. I wouldn't even care as much if we lost to the 49ers. But come June, we'll likely have another Stanley Cup and I'll have a personal victory when Sonnen beats Silva in Brazil that will make up for this loss :).

Chris Berman made perhaps the first good point I've ever heard from him:

After all of the passing records that were set this year, it's defense over offense for the championship.

The thing is, that drop was almost a mirror image to Jermichael (sp?) Finley's drop vs. the Giants in the divisional playoffs that costed Green Bay a TD. Anyways, I'm well beyond happy, and I'm not going to complain about it.

After all of the passing records that were set this year, it's defense over offense for the championship.

That's a spot on point. Berman is incredibly smart.

Considering the Giants ranked 27th in the league in total yards on defense and 25th in points allowed, and ranked 8th in total yards on offense and 9th in points per game, its not really THAT good of a point from Boomer.

That's a spot on point. Berman is incredibly smart.

The stats say otherwise. :shrug:

Offense: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/seasontype/2

Defense: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

If you look at points against, New England was actually better defensively than New York.

Meh. I guess in today's NFL you could say that but there was the safety, 5 sacks and only one turnover. This was hardly the '85 Bears vs. '00 Ravens. A lot of the reason for the lowish score was from penalties and offensive miscues.

It was a well played game, but it seemed like it was moving at a snails pace for a while. Neither team got as many possessions as the average game and I don't know why but I didn't seem as excited as I thought I would be. Hopefully we get some new blood on both sides next year. Sick of the Pats/Steelers/Colts AFC and want the Lions to somehow make it there.

Good game, but I'd still say the Steelers/Cards, Pats/Panthers, and the first Pats/Giants were all funner games to watch.

I wouldn't say either defense was that great throughout the year or in the superbowl. Both teams were moving the ball pretty well from what I saw. If anything it was mistakes that was the biggest difference (like dropped passes galore in the final minute) and big plays.

Mental note: if I am ever booking a halftime show and looking for a way past their prime rock star that fits in well with football and Indiana I call John Cougar Mellancamp's people before Madonna's.

Considering the Giants ranked 27th in the league in total yards on defense and 25th in points allowed, and ranked 8th in total yards on offense and 9th in points per game, its not really THAT good of a point from Boomer.

The stats say otherwise. :shrug:

Offense: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/seasontype/2

Defense: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

If you look at points against, New England was actually better defensively than New York.

Regular season stats don't matter in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back