NFL Wild Card Week LD

No, you don't have to comment on every single person having a great game. But what I did expect is that you eat a little bit of crow. You refused to, instead you try and deflect the praise off of the QB and onto the other team.

I made comments last night about the Lions defense being shit and you didn't say anything about deflecting the praise away from Drew Brees. I'm not going to cater my observations to your liking

And I don't like some players. But I don't come on here every week that they suck major ass. And when they play well, I say that they had a great game. You said nothing, and as such I called your ass out.

Where did I say this week that Tebow sucked major ass? I say he sucks when he sucks. If he plays well and someone asks then I say he plays well. I call it like it is but I'm not going to go out of my way to praise a player I dislike if no one asks my opinion on the matter.

No you don't do that. Every single fucking week you keep saying that he played like shit and they won in spite of him. Of course that's not at all true in most of the games, but who cares, lets not get facts in the way of shitting on the guy.

And now you're just making shit up.

Tebow is better then Matt Ryan because Matt Ryan can't win games when his team needs to win. Like the 3 playoff games he's been in where he plays like shit and his team gets embarrassed.

In his rookie year they lost on the road by 6 points to the eventual NFC champion. Last year they were blown out but it was against the eventual Super Bowl winners and the defense didn't exactly play well for them. They were awful today but that doesn't make Tebow a better qb. The Broncos needed wins in week 16 or 17 to guarantee a playoff spot and Tebow played like shit in both games. He was able to redeem himself today only because the awful division they play in allowed them to back into the playoffs.

No, I hate Matt Ryan because no one has mentioned once that he may not be the answer in Atlanta, even though he has been shit when it matters.

Nope it has to be because you hate white people. Only logical explanation.

Good for that. This is the first time you say anything supporting a white running QB. Before then, yeah, you come off as racist.

That's like me saying I never see you supporting black pocket passers. There aren't exactly a lot of them. I guess you are racist for that as well. You hate the white Matt Ryan and all black pocket passers. Fucking racist.

The Broncos D wasn't good until Tebow started playing. They sucked with Kyle Orton as a QB. Starting Tebow changed the mindset of the entire team, including the Defense.

Or maybe it just takes a young defense that is replacing a bunch of starters and learning a new scheme a few weeks to adjust to everything. That's a lot more logical then the qb making them better.

Oh, and the D isn't all that good, either. They got destroyed by a bunch of teams.

And they got blown out in most of those games because the offense isn't good enough to keep the team in high scoring games on a consistent basis. They were able to score with two awful defenses in Minnesota and Oakland, that's about it. It's also tough to be successful all the time on defense when you are always on the field. The Broncos punted the ball 101 times this year which was second only to the Rams. I'd also be willing to bet Denver was near the top of the league in most three and outs.

And the Panthers have 5 players I would take on offense over virtually any skill player on the Broncos (Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen, and Jeremy Shockey). Hence why they'd win 10 games.

I'll take McGahee over Stewart and Thomas over everyone minus Steve Smith. I'll also take Decker and Royal over the tandem of Shockey and Olsen.

Except I don't hate a guy because he's white or black. And I don't sit here and badmouth these guys every week, then turn a blind eye when they perform.

Tim Tebow being white has absolutely NOTHING to do with why I dislike him.

With Ben and Harrison, you never hear me say they are terrible. You hear me say I hate Ben, and Harrison is a piece of shit that tries to murder people.

I also never hear you praise them every time they have a good game which is what you expect me to do with Tebow. And I only say Tebow is terrible when he has a terrible game.

This debate has proven to me two things:

1. You can't read.
2. You are a blind racist who hates Matt Ryan because he is white and all black pocket passers.

And JMT. He was the first person that I actually saw say the Broncos were gonna win and that Tebow was gonna do fine. Good call.

Shit even I didn't think he could pull off this type of game against Pittsburgh. I always had faith in him doing enough to win, but for him to be the main factor of the team winning against a defense like Pittsburgh has? Man... didn't have a clue he could do it, but I enjoyed every second of it.

And make no mistake about it, Tebow won that game today. Everything went against the Broncos. Bad calls (I don't understand how they could over rule the fumble in the Lions/Saints game after the play was clearly called dead, but not Pittsburgh's fumble... really fucking pissed me off), dropped interceptions, that fumble from the Willis, some bad offensive calls (I wanted to throw my TV out the window when Denver called that Wild Cat play on 3rd Down, and then not attempt the field goal after it), etc. But it all didn't matter, because when Denver needed Tebow to step up and make a play, he did it and more.

Today's game was the most enjoyable experience I ever had watching a football game that didn't involve the Saints. And that includes Super Bowl 32, where I was rooting BIG TIME for Elway to finally get that ring. Awesome game, and I could not be happier for Tebow. Here's hoping for the best against New England. Not sure who I'm picking in that game yet, but one thing's for sure... if Tebow plays next weekend like he played today, he just might have over 500 yards passing, plus of course 100 yards rushing.

I'm saying I don't think that had anything to do with it. The media played it up like it did, but Tebow hadn't even played yet when McDaniels got fired.
It wasn't drafting Tebow, it was trading up to draft him in the first round, when almost all the experts said he'd be there by the third. Even if you didn't believe the experts, trading most of your draft picks to get a guy who would almost definitely be there in the second round seems silly.

It was definitely one of the reasons.
It doesn't matter who I defend. I defended Matt Ryan earlier in this thread and was called a racist.
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Many people in the sports forum have recognized it.

And like I said before Newton had the better overall season, Tebow just has the better overall team.
The Broncos only became the better overall team when Tebow was inserted into the lineup. Both teams started 1-4. Then Tebow was inserted into the lineup. Both teams were 2-5 at one point this season. Then the Denver Fightin' Tebows won 6 games in a row.

I think Cam Newton will be a fine player in the NFL. But stats will never be more important than wins. Unless you're talking about Cedric Benson. He might disagree.

I understand Tebow has more wins, and a playoff win against the Steelers is huge, but Cam having lesser credentials I'm not sure about. I'd argue the ROTY award, along with setting the rookie passing record and the quarterback rushing touchdowns record, are more impressive credentials than Tebow's victories.
If this were golf? Possibly. But it's not. This game is about winning, and it's proven time and again the quarterback is the most important position. Tebow is winning, Newton did not.

I guarantee you there's very few players (beside Cedric Benson) who would rather have an individual accomplishment than a playoff win and the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl.
And make no mistake about it, Tebow won that game today. Everything went against the Broncos. Bad calls (I don't understand how they could over rule the fumble in the Lions/Saints game after the play was clearly called dead, but not Pittsburgh's fumble... really fucking pissed me off), dropped interceptions, that fumble from the Willis, some bad offensive calls (I wanted to throw my TV out the window when Denver called that Wild Cat play on 3rd Down, and then not attempt the field goal after it), etc. But it all didn't matter, because when Denver needed Tebow to step up and make a play, he did it and more.

100% true.

Are we factoring in Newton starting right away and not getting to sit behind a vet for a year?

Also, Newton only won 1 less games than Tebow.:shrug:

As a Lions fan, I am glad that the Saints won by a large margin. It essentially negates any bitching I might have made about the refs blowing the Brees fumble call. Even if that play had been allowed to proceed, with the Lions recovering the fumble and having a clear shot at the endzone, that one touchdown would not have been the difference in the game. As such, I have no bitter taste in my mouth over the game. The Saints were simply the better team. Had the game been close, and that blown call taking away a certain Lions touchdown would have been the difference between the Lions winning and losing, I would have been extremely pissed off, and my anger might have even been justified. Refs blew the call, but it was irrelevant to the outcome of the game, so no point in bitching about it.

As for chiming in on the whole Cam Newton/Tim Tebow thing...who would trade places with whom? Would you rather be Cam Newton, sitting on his ass this weekend with his better stats, planning which golf courses he wants to hit, or Tim Tebow, getting ready to head to practice because you are going to go play in the AFC Divisional round of the playoffs? The only stat that really, really means anything are wins and losses. Stats don't get you into the playoffs, wins do.

Next year, this may easily be a different discussion, depending on how Carolina drafts, how well coached they are, etc. If Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are in the opposite positions a year from now, with the Panthers getting ready to play in the NFC Divisional Round and the Broncos sitting at home, no contest, I would take Cam Newton in a heartbeat...but this year, only one of those two QBs is still playing for a chance at Super Bowl glory, and it isn't Cam Newton. You can be the best passer in the NFL, but if your team sits at home during the playoffs, it doesn't mean jack shit.

I do too...but the common taunt is usually while player X gets ready to play, player Y is getting his golf clubs ready...

Symbolic, really.

I made comments last night about the Lions defense being shit and you didn't say anything about deflecting the praise away from Drew Brees. I'm not going to cater my observations to your liking
All I asked for was for you to finally eat some crow for constantly saying Tebow sucks and isn't a Starting NFL QB (which is a flat out lie, since last I checked he is starting NFL games at the Quarterback position). You are still yet to do that.

In his rookie year they lost on the road by 6 points to the eventual NFC champion. Last year they were blown out but it was against the eventual Super Bowl winners and the defense didn't exactly play well for them. They were awful today but that doesn't make Tebow a better qb. The Broncos needed wins in week 16 or 17 to guarantee a playoff spot and Tebow played like shit in both games. He was able to redeem himself today only because the awful division they play in allowed them to back into the playoffs.
In all 3 games, he played like crap. Doesn't matter who they lost to, he played like crap. Tebow played the reigning AFC Champs and DOMINATED them. He was the best player on the field.

Nope it has to be because you hate white people. Only logical explanation.
Not at all. I like white QBs (Tebow), Black QBs (Vick), and Mexican-American QBs (Sanchez). The only thing that matters to me is talent and personality. When I see guys with talent, and guys with a good head on their shoulders (vick has one now), I tend to like those guys.

That's like me saying I never see you supporting black pocket passers. There aren't exactly a lot of them. I guess you are racist for that as well. You hate the white Matt Ryan and all black pocket passers. Fucking racist.
Doug Williams was a great QB. Donovan McNabb (the closest thing currently to a black pocket passer, since he wasn't a completely running QB) was awesome, and I had defended him for his entire career against the Eagles fans who never respected him.

Or maybe it just takes a young defense that is replacing a bunch of starters and learning a new scheme a few weeks to adjust to everything. That's a lot more logical then the qb making them better.
Time does help. Of course, they still got blown out in the Detroit game, and gave up a bunch of points the the injured Steelers.

But again, you refuse to give credit to the fact that they have someone who they trust and believe in playing QB. That is huge.

I'll take McGahee over Stewart and Thomas over everyone minus Steve Smith. I'll also take Decker and Royal over the tandem of Shockey and Olsen.
And officially you are fucking stupid. DeMarious Thomas is a shitty wide receiver who can't catch the football with any consistency. Eric Decker just started to look like a decent slot receiver this year once Tebow started playing. McGahee is shit and hadn't been relevant for years until Tebow started running the Read Option with him, making the defense have to defend 2 runners.

Tim Tebow being white has absolutely NOTHING to do with why I dislike him.
Well there was no proof of that until now.

I also never hear you praise them every time they have a good game which is what you expect me to do with Tebow. And I only say Tebow is terrible when he has a terrible game.
I have praised them numerous times. But you don't see me call them out every week, regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

This debate has proven to me two things:

1. You can't read.
2. You are a blind racist who hates Matt Ryan because he is white and all black pocket passers.
It has proven me 2 things.
1. You have a shit memory
2. You're a blind racist who hates Tim Tebow because he's white.

Where did I say this week that Tebow sucked major ass? I say he sucks when he sucks. If he plays well and someone asks then I say he plays well. I call it like it is but I'm not going to go out of my way to praise a player I dislike if no one asks my opinion on the matter.

And now you're just making shit up.
Really? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY?!?!

Fine. You asked for it, now you fucking get it you lowlife piece of shit.
For those who do not want to read it all, I will put it in spoiler tags, but what you are about to read is Big Shitty's posts regard Tim Tebow in the LD section:
Week 17:
Just like with the wild cat it was only a matter of time until defenses figured out the Denver offense. That's why even when they were winning those close games in dramatic fashion I knew Tebow wasn't ready yet (and may never be) because he just didn't look good outside of the two minute drives. He has to drastically improve as a passer to be a successful starting qb for the long term. I'm not saying he can't do it but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Week 16:
I admit when Tebow does something good. Now it's time for his biggest fans to admit that he has been god awful today and is a big reason why they lost to a team that had previously lost 7 straight.

Week 13:
This Broncos defense deserves a lot of recognition for how greatly they have improved since the beginning of the year. The offense is actually averaging a little less in points per game with Tebow at qb as opposed to Orton but they are 5-1 instead of 1-3.

Week 13 again:
Tebow has gotten more credit then anyone for this turnaround. I was thinking it's time John Fox and the defense start getting recognized for there contributions. Tebow has done what he has had to do at the end of games and has not turned the ball over but at the end of the day the greatest improvement from 1-3 to 5-1 (both qbs played in the first loss to San Diego) is the play of the defense. The offense is averaging around the same, actually slightly less points per game. The defense has gone from giving up 28 points per game to giving up just 20 points per game.

Week 11:
It's clear the Broncos defense is way more responsible for there 3-1 record in the last 4 then Tebow is. Tebow has done what he's supposed to in terms of running the ball over that span but the defense is the MVP.

Week 11:
Tebow will get all the glory but the defense won this game.

Week 11:
Where exactly did I bring Tebow down? I complimented his two minute drive and said it would be great if they could just use him for the lat two minutes of every game. I also said the defense won that game and not the offense, which they did. Are you going to tell me that Tebow and the offense played well outside of the last two minutes? Are you going to tell me the defense wasn't the main reason Denver won the game? From day one I've said he is a good leader and good runner because he is. However, he is still awful as a passer and if he is ever going to be a consistently good starting qb then that has to change.
Where did you bring Tebow down, you ask? How about right in this very post. Fucking moron.

Week 10:
The last four games have done absolutely nothing to show me he is more then a career back up. Just like the wild cat in Miami, defenses are going to figure out the option and their rushing attack. Tebow sooner rather then later will have to win games with his arm and he is not capable of doing that on a consistent basis. He also hasn't shown he can beat a good team yet.

Week 10:
I've never said Tebow would be a bust as a player. Just as a starting qb. The option is nice for now but that's only going to work for so long especially once they start playing defenses that are actually good.

Week 9:
Fantastic. They were also down 24-17 and Tebow threw zero passes for the rest of the game. McGahee's running and Royal's return won the game. Tebow played solid today but they didn't win because of him.

Week 9:
I love how people shit on John Fox and the talent around Tebow but praise Tebow. The Raiders were up 24-17 and you want to know how many passes Tebow has thrown from that point until the end of the game? ZERO. The Broncos have scored 3 straight tds because of Willis McGahee running and Eddie Royal returning a punt. McGahee is still a productive running back, Decker and Royal are talented young receivers, and John Fox is a damn fine coach. With a good qb they could compete for the division title.
Editors notes:
1. The Broncos won the division, so they did more then compete for a division title.
2. The TD runs by McGahee were on Read Options, where Tebow had to choose whether to hand off or keep it, and the Raiders had to defend Tebow.

Week 9 again:
Again though, it's not about believing in him as a talent or as an overall player. It's about believing in him as a starting qb and no one believes in him as a starter because he hasn't shown the abilities to be a successful starter. He's a good leader and he is careful with the football but he is extremely inaccurate and doesn't have great arm strength. You can get away with not having one but both means you are going to turn into a game manager at best and like I said, I believe that's a waste of his talents.

Week 8:
Tim Tebow is not a starting NFL quarterback. In fact he is quite awful. Maybe the least accurate qb in the league.
Editors Note: Last I checked, Tim Tebow IS a starting NFL QB, since he's #1 on the Depth Chart at Quarterback.

Week 7:
The Miami Dolphins were more responsible for the comeback then anyone. They shut Tebow down by putting pressure on him so naturally they switch to a prevent in crunch time. Not to mention they couldn't recover the onside kick and fumbled the ball away in OT.

Week 7:
I legitimately can't watch ESPN for the next few days. I can see the headlines now "Tebow leads miraculous comeback to get the Broncos a victory." "Forget about the fact that he was 13/27 and 120 if his 160 yards came against a prevent defense of the worst secondary in the league, and forget they were playing the Dolphins. It's Tim Tebow so that's all irrelevant."

Not once did you give an ounce of credit to Tim Tebow. You deflect it all towards The Broncos Defense, the running backs, or the opposing defenses.

Don't you lie to me anymore. Admit it, you're a sack of shit that refuses to give credit where it's due.

I've said that Tebow needs to improve his accuracy if he wants to be a successful quarterback. He has had horrible games. Does that make me racist?

You're showing your ass each and every post your make, Stormy.

For the amount of flaming Stomey unloads in one of his angry posts, in a section not called the The Bar Room, I'm amazed he has racked up enough infractions to earn himself a little mandatory vacation from the forums.

I've said that Tebow needs to improve his accuracy if he wants to be a successful quarterback. He has had horrible games. Does that make me racist?
No, hating Tim Tebow because he's white would make you a racist.

That is a fair criticism, and as long as you realize that he is currently playing well, all is good.

You're showing your ass each and every post your make, Stormy.
Actually, my ass is comfortably hidden by my clothes. And I've already been agreed with more then disagreed with here, so actually I'd say I'm pretty right.

For the amount of flaming Stomey unloads in one of his angry posts, in a section not called the The Bar Room, I'm amazed he has racked up enough infractions to earn himself a little mandatory vacation from the forums.
Au contraire, insane one. The last infraction I received was in November. Of 2009.

And officially you are fucking stupid. have praised them numerous times. But you don't see me call them out every week, regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

It has proven me 2 things.
1. You have a shit memory
2. You're a blind racist who hates Tim Tebow because he's white.

Really? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY?!?!

For those who do not want to read it all, I will put it in spoiler tags, but what you are about to read is Big Shitty's posts regard Tim Tebow in the LD section:

Where did you bring Tebow down, you ask? How about right in this very post. Fucking moron.

Don't you lie to me anymore. Admit it, you're a sack of shit that refuses to give credit where it's due.

You really need to re-evaluate your life if you get this worked up and insulted over something that really isn't such a huge deal, over the internet none the less. I'm all for showing emotions while debating, but this is crossing the line and getting really sad. Seriously, i'm really surprised you haven't been banned because this shit is ridiculous.

You really need to re-evaluate your life if you get this worked up and insulted over something that really isn't such a huge deal, over the internet none the less. I'm all for showing emotions while debating, but this is crossing the line and getting really sad. Seriously, i'm really surprised you haven't been banned because this shit is ridiculous.
What I did wasn't ridiculous.

What Big Shitty did was ridiculous. I didn't cross any lines by pointing out how he was wrong. Are you that fucking stupid?

You're a sad, sad little man.
No, I'm a man trying to get the truth out.

There is nothing sad about the truth. What's sad is that people would rather be lied to and mistreated, and all that shit.

Stop being a biased, arrogant fuck and maybe you'd realize that I'm 100% right in all of this.

Boy, you really are showing off your best qualities. This might be worse than the Division Blade thread.

Commence calling him a low life piece of shit and calling everybody fucking idiots and morons when they say something to you. You're only embarrassing yourself. You actually should go get some help, I can't imagine your life outside the forums if you get this upset and flammy over a minuscule little thing.

Boy, you really are showing off your best qualities. This might be worse than the Division Blade thread.

Commence calling him a low life piece of shit and calling everybody fucking idiots and morons when they say something to you. You're only embarrassing yourself. You actually should go get some help, I can't imagine your life outside the forums if you get this upset and flammy over a minuscule little thing.
It's been a 3 month long thing. And it's not entirely little.

And my life off the forums is fine. I don't know why you would think I'm the same person on and offline.

Dude, I don't give a fuck about the topic. I seriously think you need counseling.
Again. Show me one post I have made where I didn't school Big Sexy and show him that he's wrong.

You can't. If you try, you're being bias because you dislike me or like him or whatever. I clearly provided evidence to back my point, where he just gave random insults.

And you don't think I need counseling. You are just being a douche. I'm perfectly fine. just venting some frustration at the people causing it.

I'm not looking for it. I don't care. I don't give a shit about this discussion, I'm simply saying that you have some serious fucking issues.

Marty Shot is interviewing with the Bucs tomorrow. I hope they hire him.

Totally unnecessary to flame like that though, and you've shown you're willing do it again and again. It's embarrassing.

Marty Shot is interviewing with the Bucs tomorrow. I hope they hire him.

If they do, it would be a good hire. While he never won the Super Bowl, Marty is a damn good coach who has taken teams to the playoffs numerous times.

If this were golf? Possibly. But it's not. This game is about winning, and it's proven time and again the quarterback is the most important position. Tebow is winning, Newton did not.

I guarantee you there's very few players (beside Cedric Benson) who would rather have an individual accomplishment than a playoff win and the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl.

I'm not sure how golf fits into your argument seeing as how golf is one of the few sports where stats don't matter, only wins. THAT game's about winning. You don't often hear "fairways reached in regulation" mentioned on Sportscenter. And does every NFL player enjoy winning? Sure, but I disagree that team accomplishments are more important to most players than individual ones. As wrong as it is, I'd imagine the majority of players are more concerned with the size of their paycheck than how many rings are on their fingers.

Week 17:

Week 16:

Week 13:

Week 13 again:

Week 11:

Week 11:

Week 11:

Week 10:

Week 10:

Week 9:

Week 9:

Editors notes:
1. The Broncos won the division, so they did more then compete for a division title.
2. The TD runs by McGahee were on Read Options, where Tebow had to choose whether to hand off or keep it, and the Raiders had to defend Tebow.

Week 9 again:

Week 8:

Editors Note: Last I checked, Tim Tebow IS a starting NFL QB, since he's #1 on the Depth Chart at Quarterback.

Week 7:

Week 7:

Not once did you give an ounce of credit to Tim Tebow. You deflect it all towards The Broncos Defense, the running backs, or the opposing defenses.

1. Thank you for showing everyone that you don't have much of a life by going back and copying my posts from 8 different live discussion threads.

2. That only showed 8 weeks of the 11 he has started and I stand by all the comments I made. Not all of them were calling Tebow shit, just giving credit to other people. And of course there were some calling him shit because he has looked like shit many times this season.

And like I said before wins aren't the only thing that defines which qb is better then another because quarterbacks don't have control over the talent around them or the play of their defense. Roger Staubach has the second greatest winning % ever, does that make him the second best qb ever? Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana are 7th and 8th all time in total wins, does that make them the 7th and 8th best qbs ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back