NFL Wild Card Week LD

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Finally, after 17 long weeks, 12 teams will all restart the season and begin the NFL's second season, the Wildcard playoffs. There are two games on here tonight, and heres my EXCLUSIVE :)suspic:) previews to both games.

New-Orleans-Saints-Helmet.jpg
VS.
Seattle-Seahawks-Helmet.jpg

When: 4:30 ET, Today
Where: Qwest Field
What Channel: NBC
Breakdown: This appears to be the one game, on paper, that is heavily one sided. The Saints are the defending Super Bowl Champs and are trying to be the first team since the Patriots of the early 2000's to win back to back championships. This time, however, the road to the Super Bowl won't go through New Orleans, and they will more then likely have to win 3 straight road games (unless the Packers run the table as well, which is possible).

The Seahawks, on the otherhand, 'won' the awful NFC West after beating the Rams last week in a win or go home de facto playoff game. Many people are saying that this may very well be the worst playoff team ever in NFL history, and I find it hard to disagree. Seattle's 9 losses have all been by 15 points or more. They have been billed as double digit underdogs for this game, and this win may be the biggest upset in Wild Card Week history. They'll need some solid play, lack of mistakes, and a little bit of lady luck on their side to pull this one off, though.

Who's Hurting: New Orleans - TE Jimmy Graham (out); S Malcolm Jenkins (Out); Seattle - none

Prediction: Even with Hasselbeck back at QB for Seattle and the lack of depth among Saints running backs (both Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas were placed on IR this week) there's no way in hell I can see the Seahawks keeping this game close unless of an epically bad game by Brees. The defending champs live to see another day. The Saints won 34-19 in Week 11 in New Orleans. I expect this to be worse. Saints 34, Seahawks 17.

New-York-Jets-Helmet.jpg
VS.
Indianapolis-Colts-Helmet.jpg

When: 8:00 ET, Today
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium
What Channel: NBC
Breakdown: This is a rematch of last years AFC Championship game, which the Colts won 30-17. Today, though, they are fighting to only reach the divisional round, not the Super Bowl. The Jets started the season off 9-2 and looked primed to get a top spot in the AFC, until the Patriots walloped on them 45-3 in Prime Time. From there, they split their last two games, backed into the playoffs, and are back playing on Wild Card Weekend. However, even with their poor play as of late, they still have a nice running duo of Shonn Greene and LaDanian Tomlinson, and that is the spot of the defense that they should attack. The Colts run D is one of the worst in the league, and LT has some fresh legs since his carries were limited throughout the year. I think the key to their offensive success is the run to set up the pass, especially since Mark Sanchez is playing hurt with a shoulder injury.

The Colts had an un-Coltlike start to the season, beginning 6-6 before turning on the jets and winning their last four to clinch the AFC South and win the division. Peyton Manning is still one of the best of the best, but he might be hurting because of his lack of receivers. Reggie Wayne, is questionable. Austin Collie, is out. Dallas Clark was out a long time ago. That means that Blair White, Pierre Garcon, and Jacob Tamme have to step up and limit their drops, and Joseph Addai will have to take the pressure off of Mannings arm. The defense needs to get the pressure to Sanchez on obvious passing situations (3rd and long, 2nd and short) and force Sanchez to the ground at least a few times. Should the defense step up, I see the Colts winning this one. If they don't get to Sanchez at all and LT and Greene run all over them, they have no chance, even with Manning.

Who's Hurting: New York - DE Trevor Pryce (Questionable); OT Damien Woody (Questionable); Indianapolis - CB Kelvin Hayden (Questionable); LB Clint Session (Questionable); WR Reggie Wayne (Questionable)

Prediction: This is the most anticipated game for me. Normally, I couldn't care about either teams who win, and still don't really. However, the playoffs is a different ballgame, and every game means more to everyone. Manning does his best work at the dome, and I expect his teammates to help him enough to where they advance next week to take on the Steelers. Colts 27, Jets 21.

Baltimore-Ravents-Helmet.jpg
VS.
Kansas-City-Chiefs.jpg

When: 1:00 ET, Tommorow
Where: Arrowhead Stadium
What Channel: CBS
Breakdown: The Chiefs have been one of the most pleasantly surprising teams this past year matching their combined total of the past three seasons. The Chiefs have a balanced offensive attack with dangerous backs Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones and very consistent QB Matt Cassel. This is the Chiefs first home playoff game since they won the division in 2003, but that doesn't change the fact that his crowd will definitely be a factor in this game. While they did benefit from a weak schedule, this is going to be a tough out for any team because of their balance on offense and solid D.

The Ravens made some big moves in the offseason, namely adding WR Anquan Boldin via trade, for times like this - to lead them in the postseason. Joe Flacco has made the playoffs each of his 3 years now, and last year helped them lead an impressive throttling of the New England Patriots. However, they don't award you the Lombardi Trophy for one win, and Jim Harbaugh's team knows that. They still have a stingy defense with all world LB Ray Lewis, DT Haloti Ngata, and ballhawking safety Ed Reed. On paper, this seems like the Ravens should win quite comfortably, but you never know in the playoffs.

Who's Hurting: Baltimore - DT Haloti Ngata (Questionable); LB Terrell Suggs (Questionable); S Ed Reed (Questionable); Kansas City - None.

Prediction: Honestly, any of these other three games (minus NO/Seattle) can go either way. Do you like the playoff experience of Harbaugh, Flacco, and the entire D? Or do you like the perfectly balanced attack of the Chiefs, along with their great protection of the football (2nd to only the Patriots in giveaways). Give me experience in this one, Ravens 17, Chiefs 13.

Green-Bay-Helmet.jpg
VS.
Philadelphia-Eagles-Helmet.jpg

When: 4:30 ET, Tommorow
Where: Lincoln Financial Field
What Channel: FOX
Breakdown: Both teams are lead by great QB's, Michael Vick for the Eagles, Rodgers for the Packers. The two teams met up in Week 1, before the Mike Vick train really got started, which was the Packers coming out on top, 27-20. However, Vick is more comfortable now and is more known with his weapons. The Eagles won the NFC East following their epic comeback victory over the Giants in Week 15, along with the Giants losing the following week against the team the Eagles play today, the Packers. As was said earlier, the Eagles are lead by Mike Vick, who, throughout the year, was thought of as a possible MVP candidate before a sluggish finish. The Eagles offense has many dynamic weapons, mainly their feared trio of RB LeSean McCoy, and WR's Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson. They should get their fair share of points, even with a talented Packers secondary. The Eagles secondary, lead by Asante Samuel and Quintin Mikell, will have to slow down the one dimensional, but dangerous, passing attack of Green Bay.

For the Packers, they were thought of as early preseason candidates to make it to the SB with Aaron Rodgers and their great passing attack of Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Driver, and Jordy Nelson. Their run game has never really been effective at all this season after losing top running back Ryan Grant early on. In fact, injuries have been the story of the Packers season. They have lost over 200 combined games by their 22 starters in week one thanks to injuries. Yet, they're still here, only 4 games away from lifting up the trophy that was named after their famous coach. The Packers defense is lead by LB Clay Matthews, who has had a breakout season, and CB Charles Woodson, the reigning Defensive Player of the Year. Last time the Packers did just enough to stop Mike Vick from beating them, but now, with more preparation towards him, it should be safe to figure that they will be able to adjust to him better. If they bring pressure to the left side and force Vick running and throwing to the right, they have a strong chance of going to Atlanta to face the Falcons next week.

Who's Hurting: Green Bay - S Atari Bigby (Out); DE Cullen Jenkins (Questionable); Philadelphia - DE Max Jean-Gilles (Questionable); LB Stewart Bradley (Questionable); G Todd Hermans (Questionable)

Prediction: There is a gameplan to slow down Mike Vick, the Vikings showed that when they beat them Week 16. If Dom Capers does the same thing, which is bring pressure to the left side of the Eagles offensive line to push Vick over to his right, then I see the Pack rolling. They are on a roll since the Giants game, and I think they live to see another day in a shootout, Packers 31, Eagles 28.

Reactions: X
I'm looking forward to Jets/Colts more today, as I expect that to be the more competive game, Seahawks/Saints just looks like a squash waiting to happen, I expect Brees to throw ALOT, since the Saints are looking pretty weak in the ground game

the good game tonight should go be interesting, Colts look to have a run game again which takes pressure off of Manning, and opens up the pass more, I expect this is be a fairly close and entertaining game with Manning leading his team to victory late in the 4th qtr., and then the Stormtrooper coming in here and making excuses for his team:p

I'm just happy they decided to put Seattle/New Orleans as the first game. That way, I can go to 4:30 church and not miss any of the better looking options.

I'm just happy they decided to put Seattle/New Orleans as the first game. That way, I can go to 4:30 church and not miss any of the better looking options.

There's a Wild/Pens game on at 6:00, I wish it started earlier so I could watch that and flip over to the Sea/NO game during intermissions, but no such luck..

I'm hoping for a Ravesn/Pack SB, that way it's a win win scenario for me, if Baltimore wins I'm $120 richer, as they're the random team I drew in the SB pool in in at work, if GB wins then I'm just plain happy as they're my team

sanchez being hurt, good to know for us colts fans, that means freeny and mathis will be licking their chops. as for our run game, addai is pretty much a joke here in indy, its all boutbrown and new again rhodes. our run game is smashing again and makes manning 2-dimisional which is dangerous for other teams. session getting healthy at the right time helps and our D has turned into something else. we currently have no problem with run defense for weve shut down the top couple teams big time. im not picking noibdy, but id like to see colts take it jus to shut up rex ryan. thats whats gonna be the jets downfall, him running his ********er motivates the other teams to shut him up and beat his jets. i see rex ryan improving to 1-5 after today if that theory holds up

Ahh, the luxury of supporting a team that gets a first round bye.

Feelsgoodman.jpeg

Iggles didn't have a Vick based god last year though. They're going to be a tough team to get rid of in the NFC.

Looking forward to it, i think the saints will win by 2 tds or more and expect indy and manning to rip apart that secondary, the colts D is suspect tho so i expect a surprisingly high scoring game that the colts will nick by 7, i hope the chiefs pull off the upset.

Packers have to bring pressure to the left side of the Eagles line to flush Vick to the right. He's not nearly as explosive moving to the right because he's throwing against his body.

And since it's too bad outside I can't go to church so hopefully this game can come asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back