• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Divisional Playoffs LD

You had Troy yesterday and gave up 24

That was more due to our offense turning the ball over twice inside our own 30 then our D letting us down. This should still be an excellent game, the two defenses I believe that are truly the best in the NFL. Screw the Ravens and their blustery talk, both the Jets and the Steelers have complete defenses.

I'm hoping for the opposite. I think Steelers/Packers would provide the most entertaining matchup, which is all I'm looking for right now.

Id like to see the Bears, as a Steelers fan. But the Pack vs the Steelers would be far more entertaining. Rodgers belongs in the discussion with Brady, Manning, and Brees.

Great fucking Jets vs. Steelers in the AFC championship, two fucking teams I couldn't possibly hate more, well lets see, I don't really respect anybody on the Steelers, however I have always liked LT, so umm... Go Jets I guess?:shrug:

Id like to see the Bears, as a Steelers fan. But the Pack vs the Steelers would be far more entertaining. Rodgers belongs in the discussion with Brady, Manning, and Brees.

When Rodgers wins a SB, he can be put in the discussion with Brady, Manning, Brees, and Roethlisberger.

I love how everyone refuses to give Rodgers any respect despite being consistently good ever since taking over as the starting QB for GB, Rodgers is easily a top 5 QB, has been for 3 fucking years now

I love how everyone refuses to give Rodgers any respect despite being consistently good ever since taking over as the starting QB for GB, Rodgers is easily a top 5 QB, has been for 3 fucking years now
Now that he's won 2 playoff games, and has been beast in all of them, I put him in the top 6. He's beast. I'll still take Manning, Brady, Brees, (gulp...) Roethlisraper, and he's on par with Rivers.

Oh, and Mega, give it the fuck up, and admit that the Jets are fucking Legit already. It's fucking old. Back to back AFC Championship games. Beating the best team in the regular season. You don't have to like them, but they were CLEARLY the better team today, and have been an excellent team all year. Besides, that "piece of shit" Rex Ryan CLEARLY outcoached Bill Belichick today, and is better at what he does (defense) then most anybody else is at whatever they do.

And Moon Knight, I've been Airplaning around my apartment since I got home, so no, I'm not bouncing off the walls, just neatly navigating around my dwelling.

If I wasn't a Steelers fan, born and raised here, Id be a Packers fan. And the reason is Rodgers. He's been their entire offense this season. No running game whatsoever, and one WR that's legit in Jennings. And Rodgers has carried that team to the NFC Championship game. I honestly don't see GB losing that game unless they commit 18 penalties again. He's a top 5 guy with Brady, Manning, Brees, Ben, and him.

I just want to know how Rex is gonna make the game next week "personal"

Holmes played his first 5 seasons for us, and we gave him away for a 5th rounder. Im sure he can figure a way to spin that. That move, especially after his catch today, still gets me pissed off.

I just want to know how Rex is gonna make the game next week "personal"
because, like every week this postseason, everyone will say the Jets have no chance, when to be quite honest, they have more then a chance. Hell, they have a better chance going in of beating the Steelers (who they beat in Pittsburgh already) then they did of beating the Patriots.

Oh, and really, the first 2 wins WERE personal. Rex never beat Peyton Manning, and today was the game against the guy who he said he wasn't gonna kiss the rings of. He said WHEN HE GOT HIRED that he was gonna beat New England, and thus it was personal.

Besides, if anyone thinks that him talking is him trying to anything OTHER then take the pressure off his own players, you'd be wrong. I'd say it works, since the Media hype really wasn't about 2nd year QB Mark Sanchez, or the running game, or the D, but on the Head Coach. The Jets just had to go out there and play like Jets, and win the game, which they did.

thats when people will put him in the discussion, but he belongs there now.
No, he doesn't. Not at all. He belongs in the "When I win a SB I get put in the discussion with Super Bowl Winning (because of me) QBs" ranking, which is immediately below the "I'm the reason we won a Super Bowl (or 3)" ranking. The only 2 real members of that level are him and Rivers. I'm not taking anything at all away from him, but there's no way in hell you take him over any of those guys, who have PROVEN to not only win, but be a reason for winning, a Super Bowl (or 3, in Brady's case).

I'm not everyone, He is a good QB and it was only a matter of time before he became great and won some playoff games. I just hope he continues before I go any further, because he has been playing great his first 3 years, even doing better than Favre in some areas.

Just got home from Foxboro. We deserved to lose that game. Why the fuck didn't they blitz Sanchez, why the fuck were they running the ball, when it clearly wasn't working all game, with hardly any time left?

That first interception scared Brady, and they played like shit. He was cruising. Then after the touchdown in the third, when we had some momentum going, the defense decided to take a shit, allowing the Jets to come back.

Fucking annoying as all hell.

EDIT: And the Fake Punt. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

That's what happens with guys that don't normally handle the snap handle the snap. I put that at the offensive coordinator although I don't know how many times they practiced a play of that nature.

And the Fake Punt. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

That's what happens with guys that don't normally handle the snap handle the snap. I put that at the offensive coordinator although I don't know how many times they practiced a play of that nature.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me you aren't blaming the fake punt, in which a safety (Patrick Chung) fumbled a snap (he was looking for a hole before getting the ball and heard footsteps from Eric Smith) and couldn't get a first down on the OFFENSIVE coordinator. He has jack shit to do with fake punts. That's the SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR.

That was just 1 example of today Rex Ryan completely outcoaching Bill Belichick in virtually every facet imaginable. Not unsurprising, but not totally surprising, since Rex is really one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me you aren't blaming the fake punt, in which a safety (Patrick Chung) fumbled a snap (he was looking for a hole before getting the ball and heard footsteps from Eric Smith) and couldn't get a first down on the OFFENSIVE coordinator. He has jack shit to do with fake punts. That's the SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR.

That was just 1 example of today Rex Ryan completely outcoaching Bill Belichick in virtually every facet imaginable. Not unsurprising, but not totally surprising, since Rex is really one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL.

I meant the special teams coordinator. I apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back