• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] The Nexus General Discussion thread

What Should Happen?

• Continue With 5 Members

• Reinstate Darren Young With The Group

• Recruit Rookies from NXT Season II

• Recruit Wrestler(s) From The Locker Room

• Disban

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dear Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo,
This is how the "New Blood" should have invaded Nitro.
Sincerely, The wrestling nation.
----------------------------------
I loved every minute of the end of RAW. Maybe I missed it but did Serena get taken out as well? If I had to bet this will be a cross-show storyline with NXT going after RAW and smackdown. Danielson and Barrett going after the heavyweight titles, Gabriel and The 1 man Rockband going after the tag titles. The other 4 with the IC and US titles. Just fucking phenomenal.

Are they the ones who did the thing to the undertaker?

Wow, that is a definite possibility. One thing im worried about though, is that some of the NXT rookies should NOT be involved in this heel faction. Daniel Bryan shouldn't (not cause he shouldnt be a heel just cause he had a tweener thing going w/Cole) and Gabriel shouldnt, cause he just cant be a heel. Anyway im super excited to see where this goes.

i keep wondering about michael cole. sure he ran off but there were eight guys there and nobody went after him, not even bryan. i was watching with a friend of mine and we heard about a heel promo cole did on the king during the first episode of his memphis wrestling. when we went to see it it had been pulled down by wwe. not the whole episode just the part with cole. i found the episode on a torrent site and cole was really trashing the king. i think cole may be the leader as he is tired of no respect and all the bashing. i think it would be a good move to have cole as a heel leader. just my opinion though. you have to admit it seems funny cole was'nt bothered.:shrug:

I think the part where Punk got back in the ring to attempt to help Cena made it look like this was more real. Also, I could see a few things happening with Danielson. He and Barrett fued for control, He could lead a Smackdown group of four while Barret leads the Raw group, or Barret turns on him with the other rookies cause he's the one that isn't a "rookie" thus pitting him in a fued with Barrett but from the outside of the group.

Amazing way to end Raw. Just amazing. Tonight was one of the top ten endings to a Raw ever.

What will happen next to NXT? Are they a new super faction? Will Wade Barrett take Cena's title? Will Barrett or Danielson be the leader of this new faction? Did they have something to do with Undertaker's vegetative stat? Will this new faction invade Smackdown too?

So many questions to be answered, so much speculation. I love it.

I guess I'll get to my thoughts on this.

Way I see it going is the rookies are doing this because they are pissed off about not getting enough respect or that their show is getting cancelled. Who really cares why they formed, I want to know what they are going to do. Barrett has a title shot for winning NXT so maybe he takes Orton's spot in the Fatal 4way and wins the title, it would work perfectly because Cena doesn't have to lose to a rookie and can still look strong. This would start a fued with Barrett and his faction because Cena stands up against bullies and such.

After all that I see Danielson and Barrett going into a power hunger driven fued, Hopefully with the WWE title at stake aswell(one can dream) really I don't know and am just excited as all get out about all this and can't wait for next week.

Tune in next week. Same WWE time, same WWE channel.

Well, THAT was great!! What concluded probably the worst guest hosted segments ever was the beatdown that is NXT. I wonder if they'll keep that monniker tomorrow night or rename the show or the group.

You know it's a good ending when you're speechless and just WATCHING. It all felt like NXT was an elaborate setup, and the pieces of the puzzle just came together all at once. Bravo WWE for having the courage to do this and swerve all of us!

Dude, this was simply hands down... the absolute BEST ending I've ever witnessed in WWE in YEARS. As soon as it happened I was talking with my friend and were both stunned and went "holy shit." Oh the wrestling powers that be, I beg thee to PLEASE don't let the writers fugg this shit up. I went from being "oh what a boring Raw" to "must watch next week" in a matter of SECONDS.

Wow. I signed up for this message board just so I could talk about this. I, much like the guy who is complaining about the storyline, have been watching WWF(I refuse to call it WWE) for 20 years. I, however, loved every minute of this. They should have put the camera on Punk more to make this seem more like a NXT vs WWF story line where they were out for everyone. Also, anyone else think it would've seemed more realistic if they were in street clothes and not their gear?

Lastly, CM Punk is my favorite thing about WWF right now and I think he definitely needs some retribution(obviously Cena will get some). I, personally, think that retribution should come in the form of Slater's hair. I'd pay a pay per view fee to see that go down.

This was a great ending. I really am shocked that no wrestlers came out to help. Evan Bourne, who Cena talked to just minutes before the match, Mysterio, or even the Miz, who has been feuding with Danielson, didn't do a damn thing. I like the fact that Cole vanished. This is huge. So many options to go with this:

1) Undertaker/Kane Angle. Imagine a Kane/Barrett feud.
2) Vince McMahon/Bret Hart Angle. Vince told Hart that something would happen.
3) Cole/Miz/Danielson Angle
4) You can even go so far as to say that Darren Young and the SES could have a feud, especially since Punk and Gallows were attacked. Danielson/Young/Sheffield vs. Punk/Gallows/Mercury. I honestly thought they were going to take off his mask too.

Looks like no more Jericho/Barrett tag team, but I honestly wouldn't throw that out yet. It's too unpredictable.

:worship: :worship: :worship: Never again will people see me post that, but this was worth it. I cannot believe that McMahon gave Creative their balls back. This was just perfect! Who would have seen this coming? Wade Barrett threw himself right into the main event scene essentially with his pop up on the ramp. And Punk helping Cena? Guess he made through on his pre-match statement on how he could save Cena :lmao: . Whelp, just gotta wait and see how they play this out.

I think the part where Punk got back in the ring to attempt to help Cena made it look like this was more real. Also, I could see a few things happening with Danielson. He and Barrett fued for control, He could lead a Smackdown group of four while Barret leads the Raw group, or Barret turns on him with the other rookies cause he's the one that isn't a "rookie" thus pitting him in a fued with Barrett but from the outside of the group.

that's also what I thought. Barrett and Danielson were the two most prominent rookies on NXT and this new faction could end up becoming completely dominant for quite some time, then there could be a power struggle between the two.

Anyway, on to right now. I was left speechless with confusion and excitement, for the first time in a long time, with something that happened on a wrestling show. I felt like a little kid again and it felt great. this was indeed one of the best endings of the past decade. the lack of commentary added a lot to that in fact. i'm really psyched for NXT tomorrow night

Oh my God! That was fucking awesome!!
But one question...
We know King,Matt Striker, and Justin Roberts were knocked down and humiliated..(Declothing and choking Justin Roberts definitely set a tone!)

But where was Micheal Cole???
Why was there no altercation with Micheal Cole??
Granted, the WWE probably wants you to think he ran through the crowd...

Guys, I'm going on a limb in saying this..
But IMAGINE..
Just Imagine if the whole Cole-Bryan angle was to completely twist everyone's mind away from the unexplained..
What if this whole Bryan-Cole storyline that was panning out was to throw alllll of the universe in the opposite direction that they wanted...
I really TRULY feel somehow, Micheal Cole will be the voice of this new faction...Think about his presence in front of Wade Barett and the rest of these guys!!
Notice how much he's saying "vintage" in a very sneering way lately..
Not only that, there's a lot of heat from fans towards his commentating..
Why wouldn't Creative capitalize on this and do something for a positive resolution..

In a nutshell, I truly feel this is a new "breed" so to speak... And it will push WWE to newer heights; never before seen.

Please express your thoughts.. But I can totally see them pulling this off..

This honestly was my MTFO moment as a fan. It was said many times in the LD, but to say it again, I cannot think of a better RAW ending in the past decade or so. In fact, the only ones that come close involve a favorite retiring or returning. To achieve such emotions with what I guess you could call a "regular" RAW ending is nothing short of amazing.

I really don't care if they tie this in with the "who took out the Taker?" storyline. If they do, it makes sense, if not, who cares? Somehow, the WWE have made credible threats out of 8 guys at the same time. As I'm writing this, there are 616 active users viewing this thread (54 are members). The ends certainly do justify the means, as proven here if nowhere else.

Some things I really thought were well done:

- Cole ran off.
- CM Punk and the SES actually tried to fight off the NXT guys after being taken out.
- Bryan yelling at Cena.
- The Shooting Star got booed.
- Jerry Lawler being helped from under the announcer's table in the aftermath.
- The casualties (Ref, King, Striker, Cena, Punk, Gallows, and all the others at ringside)

Where the WWE goes from here is really up in the air. They can play this out in countless different ways, and it is even possible that Barrett is the next WWE Champ. I'm sold.

I am just waiting for a TNA mark to claim it was the WWE reacting to TNA somehow, like they do everything else....j/k.

I, like most people, had a few "holy shit!" thoughts going through my brain. Well done, WWE. You managed to create a wrestling topic that has gotten 6+ pages worth of comments already in only an hour after Raw ended. It felt like something big just happened...like when Scott Hall and Kevin Nash first appeared on WCW programming as the outsiders. Will this nxt group be anywhere as big as the nWo? Highly doubtful. But they got us talking. The WWE delivered a very buzzworthy/tell your friends that gave up on the WWE what they missed kind of feel. It was completely unexpected, and if continued properly, could end up being the birth of something special.

PS, I totally agree about Michael Cole being the leader of the group, it makes helluva lot of sense.

Just an absolutely GREAT start to a storyline!

Since everyone is throwing out where they think this is going I will add my two cents. NXT start a long feud taking out the top talent on each show. This leads to a few title wins by the rookies. This could also lead to them being responsible for the Undertaker's demise. Ultimately though, I see something even major. It was announced tonight at the Raw show that Survivor Series will take place at the same arena in November. It also has been mentioned for years that Vince has thought about bringing in the War Games match to WWE. What better place to bring it back then Survivor Series, in the same arena where the NXT talent first struck. This would breathe life back into a stale Survivor Series PPV and if properly built up, could be the best PPV we have seen in years! Just an idea though. All I know is that I'm hooked!

great ending to an otherwise lame raw. I don't understand how some of you are calling the raw locker room out for not helping cena. The entire raw locker room have one goal. To be wwe champ. How much easier would it be for someone to win the title with cena injured? The only guy who should have came out was evan bourne to at least try to help cena. Raw is live from charlotte nc, and now I just might buy tickets.

Amazing Amazing ending to raw, probably greatest of last five years.
It seems nobody remembered what Barrett said earlier in the night about next week he hinted at it but nobody picked it up. Also if I am correct the only face on NXT was really Justin Gabriel, all the others that use would consider faces were tweeners to me. I think bryan was hinting at heel the whole time.

Like almost everybody else, I thought this was a tremendous ending. Raw has not had an ending like this in quite some time, obviously. I have taken the last 5 weeks off of Raw because of the way it had been going. For some apparent reason I decided to tune into this week's Raw in hopes that it would be a rarely-seen gem. And it was.

It's been mentioned already, but I have to think that Michael Cole did indeed have something to do with what transpired tonight. The fact that he ran off made me wonder if he hadn't set some or all of this up.

It's clear that the NXT is looking to make an impact. They did just that.

For the first time in a long time, I can really say that I'm excited to tune into next weeks broadcast of Monday Night Raw.

There are so many possibilities I hadn't even thought of until I've read some of people's posts. Possibilities that actually have nothing to do with the NXT guys.

1. The idea that Vince is the mastermind behind all of this. Imagine that this is Vince's way of getting back at Bret Hart for the beating he took at Wrestlemania. Basically we have Vince's NXT group going up against Bret Hart and all of Raw. Epic.

2. In addition to the above to really make a statment and make them the most powerful faction in WWE history (kayfabe) they take out the biggest living legend of the WWF/E, the Undertaker.

3. Michael Cole is aligned with Vince as his right-wing man in setting this all up resulting in a huge heel push for Michael Cole and we have all of the announcers feuding with Cole, maybe even a comeback for JR (although that's not likely) perhaps his dismissal as an announcer could have possibly been a part of this storyline all along? They've worked the fans before by spreading "news on the net" (such as Cena being out longer than what he turned out to be prior to the 2008 Royal Rumble).

4. Of if Vince isn't involved, then Michael Cole could be the mastermind behind this.

Needless to say this storyline has opened up the door for anything to happen. This is just exciting as hell.

I agree this ending was surprising and not exactly pg, but maybe wwe now wants to try and get a little bit away from pg, but in all honestly, the attack/invasion that the NXT season 1 rookies did to Cena/Punk/King and etc was pretty good but not as good as it could have been it the attack was done in a one on one type situation saying as if Barrett attacked Cena from Behind to make a statement, and the same goes from all the other rookies, I mean an 8-1 assault on the Face of the WWE is so lame, because it shows that it takes 8 guys to beat up one man, but it won't surprise me it VKM and Cole were behind the attack, Such as Cole being the Mouthpieace of the NXT, and Vince giving them the power, and even though we know why Taker is really hurt, it wouldn't surprise me it they went with the storyline that it was NXT1 that took out taker because they felt he was too old and taking away from them, and etc. But I really feel that at the end of the day, this invasion will blow up in wwe's faces because the group with self-destruct with Danielson wanting to be leader because of his skills and etc, and if wwe wants to try and make NXT1 look good then why did they have them beat up nobodies around ringside I mean they took out Cena/Punk/Gallows but everyone else was a nobody, so if they want NXT1 to look all heelish then they should have come out all during the show and take out all the top names in the company such as Rey, Edge, Orton, Truth, and etc

I think what will happen is that they will all band together and revolt against the WWE machine which made them do obstacle courses, speech contests, etc. and somehow McMahon is behind this to screw Bret, who will lead the current roster vs. the revolt.

Give Barrett a better finisher and voila, instant fresh new matches.

When did Punk try to save Cena? I've watched it 3x and can't find that part.

...and...LOVED Evil Dark Justin Gabriel. This is awesome!

Wow, that was amazing. I loved that. I mean, I was expecting Barrett to do something after his interview earlier that night, but when I saw the rest of them coming out of the crowd, I just started marking out. And then when they went all out beating up heels and faces alike, commentators, ring announcers, and everything else, I was just speechless. The fans didn't know what to think, the majority were speechless and didn't know what to think. Just stunned. Predictibility my three-lettered anal area. WWE just turned the next few weeks of their programming into much watch, established 8 new young stars and got them over, brought credibility to NXT, opened about 5 or 6 possiblities in storylines, all in ten minutes of programming. That was just too sswweeeett!

Best ending I've seen in a long time. I don't see them as better than the N.W.O but hopefully they can change my mind the segment was great and I beleived that the rookies had something to prove and I was just talking to my wife five minutes b4 it happend on what we think about what they will do with the rookies that didn't make it and who they would keep and how they would debut. They should make them like the nation but more as feared as they can with the pg rating. And the shock did make me watch the rest it made the show watchable cuz the A team segments where horrible and I can't wait for next week cuz of the NXT and P.S. did anyone catch the black and yellow N armbands they all had classic

This WAS SO DAMN AMAZING! That is such a great way of putting NXT against WWE with a possible Invasion 2. I think This is one of the greatest endings in a LONG ASS while. They beat the biggest superstar in the industry Cena, then S.E.S a great tag team in the making, and then every1 around the arena? I think they really did very well in a good ending. 2010 RAW has been doin so good. I just hope this links to Undertaker and this is Invasion 2. Excited as hell!

if nothing else, the ending has raised my intrest in seeing what happens next. lately i have'nt been excited to see next week, but now i can't wait. do you think the nxt faction will be on all shows or only raw? i h would like to see them get involved on nxt tomorrow, maybe beat the new rookies down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back