Live Discussion: RAW 8/11/2008

I hope everyone realizes why the wwe did this (Rey's Mask), the wwe did this to teach a lesson to all of the people who spoil the wwe's secrets. Every time they have a long term secret going on, within a week, it's spoiled, and wwe is fed up with it...so now, every time the fans spoil the huge surprise, the wwe is going to turn it around, and make it a huge "disappointment".

Take this lesson and learn from it...cuz if you dont, ur all just gonna keep getting dissapointed, and you'll have urselves to blame...not the wwe, not Vince, just you.

and if you dont learn from it, then better for me, cuz I love watching and listening to everyone say how pissed off they are at wwe's ingenious twists against the spoilers!!!

No, I'm one of those guys that thinks the only way Kane can be a serious belt contender again is if he goes back to the psycho mass murderer-type persona under the mask.

I've believed this since the Edge/Lita/Kane storyline.

Yup, havnt been happy with Kane for that long. :( He deserves better.. I mean, even Mark friggin Henry is a world champion!

Kane was THAT champion... he's moved up. It's better to be on the RAW roster than it is to be the ECW champ

Unless Rey really is having contract issues with the WWE and is quitting. This could be the last time we ever hear of Mysterio on WWE broadcasting, and we're just left to insinuate that Kane killed Mysterio.

Which is fine by me anyway... I don't like Rey at all.

Good theory. But Kane actually killing Mysterio (in a work-literal sense)?

I don't know if that's it. WWE is trying to cater to a younger audience nowadays, and "killing off" one of their most popular Superstars with the kiddies isn't gonna do it.

Like I said, I'm interested with where this leads.

I'm not dissappointed in the storyline, I'm dissappointed cuz I (just like most people) were hoping to get the old masked Kane back.

Why, putting the mask back on Kane would be pointless, it's not like he'll magically get better and start putting together 5 star matches just cause he's wearing a stupid mask

Kane was THAT champion... he's moved up. It's better to be on the RAW roster than it is to be the ECW champ

Yeah, I agree.. but I was thinking more of the time period when Kane was the WWF Champion, and a monster. His time with the ECW belt was incredibly forgettable. He goes from feuding with Chavo (which got neither one anywhere), to feuding with Reyrey.

*shrug*

It could be a worse storyline. Like HHH and Khali. -gag-

Beyond lame. Way to screw up a good storyline WWE!

Also the problem with marks is they blindly cheer over any swerve no matter how lame it is. Just because it's a swerve doesn't mean its a good one and doesn't mean you have to cheer for it. Some people will cheer for a floating turd.

Hey my turds are quite impressive.

Why wouldn't I be happy with this swerve? It's setting up a new fued and a new match. What would have we gotten if Kane had put on the mask. Absolutely nothing different from what we're getting now. Kane would come out, squash a guy, and not be used on PPV. Only now he'd be back to where he was five years ago. In essence, we'd be watching re-peats.

Why, putting the mask back on Kane would be pointless, it's not like he'll magically get better and start putting together 5 star matches just cause he's wearing a stupid mask

1. Kane never had a 5 star match
2. The mask was never stupid
3. Fans like him better with the mask
4. Giving the fans what they want is NOT pointless

I think its wierd how raw is rated PG yet they have people's eyes falling out, jack drinking contests, the killing of one of the kids most popular superstar. And not to mention the killing of the boss...twice!

Not to mention that Kane's been rocking the horseshoe for awhile now... his hair would never be that long again.

The mask would look just odd and awkward with him bald.

They could have put a white opera mask in the bag and had Kane become a mime artist? Would that also have been an "ingenious twist".

I'm all for swerves, but they have to have a logic behind them. I'll happily change my oppinion if WE can pull the storyline back next week, but for now, I'm going to call a spade a spade.

It was WWE derailing an angle into a completly irrational sequence of events, exclusively for the sake of throwing a curve ball to people who'd worked out where the story was going.

IMHO, the Edge I liked was when he first debuted as that tortured soul type persona. -screams and does the old Edge taunt- XD. For some reason to..that theme for SS, reminds me of old school LP (Lostprophets).

Back on to Kane, i;m kinda glad it was not his mask. I mean, he would have not reason to put the mask back on. Making it Rey Mysterio really makes it interesting.

Back on to now, It's MAIN EVENT TIME

Lord. :icon_rolleyes:

1. Kane never had a 5 star match
Agreed.
2. The mask was never stupid
But he had just as many bad storylines with the mask as he did without it.
3. Fans like him better with the mask
He's always been over with the fans, no matter how many bad storylines or crappy matches he's put on, with or without the mask
4. Giving the fans what they want is NOT pointless
They want a crazy motherfucker. Kane doesn't need a mask to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back