Live Discussion: RAW 7/7/2008

his heel character is a MONSTER whats so scary and monsterious about a bald guy with no eyebrows and a miscolored eye. Kane was never a heel heel like you think he's a monster heel so far the unmasked kane has been nothing short of a jobber. Old School Kane was entertaining he didnt have to say anything he could just come out interrupt or destroy his opponents and you would either love him or hate him. He destroyed everything in his path. Thats the Kane people want back. Taking the mask of him humanized the crap out of him it's like seeing a giant ghoul walk through your door then he talks like richard simmons and dances.

the mask is not going to make kane better, vince is. if vince doesn't want to push him then Kane isn't going to win his matches. Issac Yankem, and The fake Diesel didn't work for him, Kane does. Brothers of Destruction, awesome team. Chokeslamming Pete Rose every year fun to watch, but for some reason the fans aren't responding to him. Maybe if Vince would stop making him job every week, he would get some popularity. All he's had recently is the ECW World Championship, which is as important as the Lightheavyweight Title was to Vince in it's time.

I like the mask better because it adds a certain mystique to the character of Kane. We knew what he looked like under the mask before he took it off. We knew him as Isaac Yankem. And nobody really thought he was scarred. Sure we bought into the storyline of it all, but the mask was just a gimmick that worked with crazy monster heel.

And it still could. And if a psycho Kane with his old mannerisms came back, he would be more entertaining. Losing the mask was the worst thing to happen to Kane. FInding a way to put it back on him would freshen him up. No it wouldn't be like before he took it off, but it could still work.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Mainstream fans didn't know Kane was Issac Yankem, and no it could not work, cause now the mainstream fans know what Kane looks like, and would just find it stupid to put the mask back on, the mask no longer adds an mystique to the character, I've already explained this so I'm not doing so again, putting the mask back on him would not freshen up the Kane character at all, it would be just a step backwards really

It lacks it scariness once he takes it off dude. It won't come back if he dons the mask again. It would be rehashing a long dead storyline. It would be a ratings killer and the end of Kane's careers. Better off just moving ahead rather than moving back.

But he's nothing without it. And I think that's the problem. At least for me.

I mean look at the guy, he doesn't scream Big Red Monster or Big Red Machine anymore. He's more like Big Pale Uncle Fester.

And like I said a little while ago, I wanted him to win tonight, as he's still a favorite of mine. Its not as if I hate him as he is now.

i just don't think he screams scary.

I thank god some of you guys aren't writers for RAW or WWE or any Wrestling Organization. I'm sure if you had your way RAW would defiently be pulling in the same ratings as TNA. Lucky me.

whoever said putting the mask on kane would be ripping off abyss....are you serious you realize abyss is a blatant rip off of undertaker/kane/mankind

If it's Vince, it's a stupid angle.Why would he care about vince? Kane's character should theoretically thrive without the presence of an authority figuire. He's a wrecking machine.
And i cant see it, and hope it isnt, another way of bringing back the undertaker. Again, it would make no sense, there both on different brands and the undertaker has pretty much just been fired, not killed off. It could be Paul Bearer but i just cant see it.
The WWE have me baffled, which is excellent for them. Raw is really on form at the minuite, i finnish watching it actually looking forward to next week. Exciting new talent, genuinley dramatic storylines, twists ans turns galore. Its on form.

good raw tonight, glad to see CM Punk working well with the belt (as far as opening segment). He just needs to fight the top card because he is the champion. The whole snitsky thing is dumb, would've been better to have him fight JBL again and then have Batista become a #1 in the main event. That way it gives Punk another big win and the storyline progresses to Batista.

Does anybody else think Batista f'ed up his arm in the closing, or just good selling?

And I love the heel turn for Kane, if somehow they could get him in the main event at bash V punk that I would love that because these Face v Face matches are not going to build the belt and Punk.

2 weeks running though I love the new era of RAW, with my only complain tonight being the lack of tag team champs, but if cryme tyme is to challenge them its ok because they got camera time tonight, just hope the tag champs get some next week.

If it is Vince, it could be because Kane tried to kill him but Shane & Steph haven't released any information on his condition. Maybe Kane wants to know if he is actually dead?

I highly doubt it's the Undertaker storyline because it would make no sense to have him rise from the dead when he was simply fired. It can't be Paul Bearer because I remember they clearly said he was severely injured, not dead.

But he's nothing without it. And I think that's the problem. At least for me.

I mean look at the guy, he doesn't scream Big Red Monster or Big Red Machine anymore. He's more like Big Pale Uncle Fester.

And like I said a little while ago, I wanted him to win tonight, as he's still a favorite of mine. Its not as if I hate him as he is now.

i just don't think he screams scary.

No, Kane's biggest problem is that he's past his prime, and out of shape, not that he took his mask off

It was a decent Raw everyone. Lets review.

Opening segment: Promo time...good job. Vickie is still the biggest heel in the company as all she has to do is yell out EXCUSE ME and ppl boo the fuck outta her. Good setup for the main event.

Mysterio-Santino-decent match, I wish that they would let Santino get an upset here or there but I digress.

Divas tag Match-Well Kelly Kelly got the win, a sign of things to come seemingly.
Cena destroys limo-I thought it was all good except for what he wrote on the car. I know Cena is the "hero" for kids below 12 but come on...stop with the damn bathroom humor...it is not funny.

Punk-Snitzki-I paid more attention to the Angels-Rangers game than this match not because of Punk but because of Snitzki....Punk has gotten good reactions from the crowd in everything except this match tonight (to prove Slyfox's comments wrong on that part) Last week's title wins (both of them) got great reactions and great ratings. This week's promo with Vickie got good recation...this match was the only buzkill and partly the crowd's fault and partly Snitzki's fault. Punk did all he could with what he had.

Jericho-HBK-good promo segment but I thought ending kinda sucked. I don't know. I was waiting for someone to get their ass kicked.

Kofi vs Haas-good match, and good ending putting importance back on the IC Title.

Main Event-good match, everyone played a good part. Glad Batista got the win because I really really want to see him go heel on Punk next week. I also wanted to have a break from the predictable Cena wins title route (sorry Sly, he's boring to me).

Kane heel turn-good and confusing job at the same time-I would have rather seen Kane chokeslam Lawler or anyone through a table but this will have to do.

Overall Raw gets a B+ this week. Not much wrong with it. Let's keep up the pace and not have jobber matches anymore.

No, Kane's biggest problem is that he's past his prime, and out of shape, not that he took his mask off

I totally agree Justin...Kane is older...we all get older and then we suck. That's how life is. Once you get past 35, it's downhill from there.

If it is Vince, it could be because Kane tried to kill him but Shane & Steph haven't released any information on his condition. Maybe Kane wants to know if he is actually dead?

I highly doubt it's the Undertaker storyline because it would make no sense to have him rise from the dead when he was simply fired. It can't be Paul Bearer because I remember they clearly said he was severely injured, not dead.

Paul Bearer is not in the healthiest shape to even be back in the business and he is not looking to come back so I doubt it is him.

so he's down to what? 400 lbs

LOL.

WWE has done a great job with RAW since the draft which is surprising since Smackdown definitely got the better end of it.

This may be a stupid question but what does "CTC" mean? Cena spray painted it twice on JBL's limo. Possible faction name?

LOL.

WWE has done a great job with RAW since the draft which is surprising since Smackdown definitely got the better end of it.

This may be a stupid question but what does "CTC" mean? Cena spray painted it twice on JBL's limo. Possible faction name?

IDK, maybe

Cryme
Time
Cena?

LOL.

Hmm... I'm no genious, but I think it stands for Crime Time Cena

Eh...I was hoping I was wrong. Crime Time Cena sounds so lame...

I just thought of something. What if Kane was talking about Jamie Noble? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back