• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Live Discussion: RAW 8/11/2008

Can anyone expect Kane to come out in his match against Jericho at SSlam wearing the mask?

Right. I'm dead. Going to sleep. Not a great RAW, but a few interesting happenings.

Wish you all a good night.

Take care peeeps.

That last segment was nicely done really...didn't like the way Priceless was bitched, could have made them look a tad more credible but whatever.

So you cheer any swerve that happens even when it's lame
No, but I appreciate that WWE is trying to do something different. It hasn't been outright terrible yet, like most TNA storylines, and so I am willing to give it a chance.
and MAY setup a mismatched fued that shouldn't happen.
Why is it that just because two wrestlers have different styles, people assume they can't put on a good match. Why shouldn't it happen? Because it's not what you had in mind? Because you don't particularly care for the idea of it? Tough. If someone wants the show to go exactly as you see fit, then they should get a job on the creative team. Otherwise, they should sit back, quit acting like they're so damn smart because they go on the internet and watch Japanese wrestling on youtube, and give the angle a chance.

What type of match could these 2 put on?
Probably a bad one. But maybe a good one. I'll wait to see the actual match before I judge it.
What could this do for Rey?
Get him back on the show.
He doesn't need it.
He's new to the show, and he hasn't done anything in months save a mini-fued with Santino.
If the WWE did it right Kane would have and should have gotten a main event push and a title run, if they went about it right.
And what exactly is the right way to do that? By disregarding JBL, HBK, Y2J, Cena and Batista, who are ALL higher up on the food chain?
This on the other hand will lead Kane right where he is, nowhere.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Marks will cheer for spilled apple juice because it's not milk. No matter the liquid it's still lame.

You have a lot of talents, MK, but I don't think metaphors is one of them.

Lol it is funny the announcers didn't even mention anything about the "what's in the bag" feud despite the fact this week's Raw title was focused on "Whats in the bag". Even if WWE did swap it out because it leaked over the internet, they mayswell just finish the storyline spoilers will never stop and WWE needs to realize swerving the storyline isn't going to do anything.

too bad vince russo doesnt work for the wwe. we couldve had a burlap sack on a pole match. adamle vs. kane

No, but I appreciate that WWE is trying to do something different. It hasn't been outright terrible yet, like most TNA storylines, and so I am willing to give it a chance.

So you cheer even when what they do is lame? They can try, but if they get it wrong the fans have a right to complain or they will never learn.

Why is it that just because two wrestlers have different styles, people assume they can't put on a good match. Why shouldn't it happen? Because it's not what you had in mind? Because you don't particularly care for the idea of it? Tough. If someone wants the show to go exactly as you see fit, then they should get a job on the creative team. Otherwise, they should sit back, quit acting like they're so damn smart because they go on the internet and watch Japanese wrestling on youtube, and give the angle a chance.

so we are just supposed to take it?

Probably a bad one. But maybe a good one. I'll wait to see the actual match before I judge it.

It will be, Kane can't work a good match with people like him, I have seen him try.

Get him back on the show.

He doesn't need it and there are better ways.

He's new to the show, and he hasn't done anything in months save a mini-fued with Santino.

So i Noble. Mysterio has been on RAW before and there are better ways to work him back in then this.

And what exactly is the right way to do that? By disregarding JBL, HBK, Y2J, Cena and Batista, who are ALL higher up on the food chain?

HBK is NOT higher up and doesn't want a run and in terms of pops Kane is right up there and even above JBL.

You have a lot of talents, MK, but I don't think metaphors is one of them.

Wrong, that was a good one and very correct. People cheer it because it's different not because it's good. I cheer it because it's good, not because it's different.

Not one of the better Raws in recent memory. But I think they did an okay job of building up the Batista-Cena match some more. And personally, I'm glad they found an interesting way to continue Kane's storyline. I think the main reason RAW wasn't so good this week was because we didn't have much more with the HBK-Jericho fued, which is the best thing going on RAW.

Honestly, I think RAW is running low on fuel. The HBK-Jericho fued is running out of stuff to do. CM Punk-JBL has never been all too interesting. And unless we get some instant gratification out of Kane's angle, it'll be dead.

Undoubtedly, the JBL/Punk segment was the best thing on the show. Punk proved he can be entertaining on the mic, and JBL was fantastic as usual. The ending of the segment was a bit predictable, but necessary.

Batista/Cena..man, I almost passed out from boredom in that opening segment. I know these two have always been heavily cliche faces, especially Batista, but tonight it was even more evident.

This show was pretty much doomed. I mean, look at the Summerslam card. When the matches are crap, the build up is gonna be crap. Raw should be better after Summerslam.

Not one of the better Raws in recent memory. But I think they did an okay job of building up the Batista-Cena match some more. And personally, I'm glad they found an interesting way to continue Kane's storyline. I think the main reason RAW wasn't so good this week was because we didn't have much more with the HBK-Jericho fued, which is the best thing going on RAW.

Honestly, I think RAW is running low on fuel. The HBK-Jericho fued is running out of stuff to do. CM Punk-JBL has never been all too interesting. And unless we get some instant gratification out of Kane's angle, it'll be dead.

That Kane angle was the only selling point for the show and they dropped the ball BIG TIME. Punk/JBL was never any good and they did a poor job of building of Cena/Batista, they try to sell it as Austin vs The Rock and failed.

That HBK-Jericho fued is over, there isn't much more they can do with it, best to just move them on by blowing the fued off soon.

First RAW I've actually bothered to sit down and watch in months. I wasn't impressed.

I think my closing thought for the night is "why are people willing to accept any level of shit from WWE, yet jump all over TNA first chance they get".

Seriously, if they'd pulled an angle like this on Impact! then half the forum would be queueing up to proclaim it the 'worst swerve eveeer' and condemn the booking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back