• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Live Discussion: RAW 8/11/2008

So you cheer even when what they do is lame? They can try, but if they get it wrong the fans have a right to complain or they will never learn.

I'm not cheering yet, but I'm not booing either. I'm intersted in where this is going to go.

so we are just supposed to take it?
No no, you can complain, once you're actually given something to complain about. If it was If a prosthetic hand was in the bag, then I'd be booing right along with you. But this is setting up a new fued. So until there's a really bad match, or a truly atrocious plot twist, then I'll boo. But nothing that bad has happened yet. For all we know, Kane's torturing of Mysterio could have driven him crazy, and Rey will re-debut wearing Kane's old mask, wreaking Kane-like havoc in Mysterio-sized proportions. Actually... that might be fun lol.

It will be, Kane can't work a good match with people like him, I have seen him try.
He had a surprisingly good decent match with CM Punk a few weeks ago. MAybe the same will happen with Rey.

So i Noble. Mysterio has been on RAW before and there are better ways to work him back in then this.
Maybe. But this is the most... um... unexpected?

HBK is NOT higher up and doesn't want a run and in terms of pops Kane is right up there and even above JBL.
Kane is fine with his role in the company, same as HBK.

Wrong, that was a good one and very correct. People cheer it because it's different not because it's good. I cheer it because it's good, not because it's different.
Well, I am yet to cheer for it. But I am intrigued by the direction, and I applaud WWE for doing something different. But if it doesn't pay off big, I will be disappointed.

I'm not cheering yet, but I'm not booing either. I'm intersted in where this is going to go.

I not interested nor am I pleased with this.

No no, you can complain, once you're actually given something to complain about. If it was If a prosthetic hand was in the bag, then I'd be booing right along with you. But this is setting up a new fued. So until there's a really bad match, or a truly atrocious plot twist, then I'll boo. But nothing that bad has happened yet. For all we know, Kane's torturing of Mysterio could have driven him crazy, and Rey will re-debut wearing Kane's old mask, wreaking Kane-like havoc in Mysterio-sized proportions. Actually... that might be fun lol.

I and we have something to complain about, the mask. They way some see it is a bad plot twist. And everything you said would be worse, Rey wearing Kane's mask? Ugh, and why would Kane torture Rey?

He had a surprisingly good decent match with CM Punk a few weeks ago. MAybe the same will happen with Rey.

No he didn't and his matches years ago when he was younger against X-Pac were worse.

Maybe. But this is the most... um... unexpected?

There are better ways to do it that would make more sense, Rey doesn't need this to get over, he already is. Why not inject him in the HBK-Jericho fued?

Kane is fine with his role in the company, same as HBK.

Most are so they can keep their job, he needs to be pushed better and higher. And where did Kane say he didn't want a title run? like HBK has said?

Well, I am yet to cheer for it. But I am intrigued by the direction, and I applaud WWE for doing something different. But if it doesn't pay off big, I will be disappointed.

You don't applaud them when what they did is lame, I only applaud when what they did was good, I never applaud just because it's different. Look at SD's ending last week with the black roses, that was unexpected and entertaining. The WWE needs to try new things, but that doesn't mean they should pull whatever they can find out of their rearends.

I not interested nor am I pleased with this.
I understand that you don't exactly have to be interested, but I also don't see why you're so displeased with it already. Is it because you really wanted to see Kane put his old mask back on?

I and we have something to complain about, the mask. They way some see it is a bad plot twist.
Again, I understand that not everyone would be expected to be thrilled, but I don't understand why everyone is so completely against it. It's just like with Adamle as GM, everyone crapped all over it, but then it turned that Adamle's actually not half bad.
And everything you said would be worse, Rey wearing Kane's mask?
Well, I was joking about that lol. That would be pretty bad, unless Rey did it to play "mind games" with Kane, then I don't know, it might not be too bad.

Ugh, and why would Kane torture Rey?
Because Kane is a psychopath. He was miserable, losing all his matches, and, like most violent fiends, he needed something to vent his frustrations. In some ways, Mysterio's the opposite of Kane. Mysterio is a successful man who is adored by legions and has a loving family. A wife and kids. Mysterio has everything that Kane doesn't. So Kane went after him.

It makes sense to me. The casual viewer doesn't know that Rey is still injured. They think he's healed, he came to RAW, he even won his return match. Casual viewers may be wondering where he's been. And as we all know, Vince McMahon loves catering to the casual viewers, the ones who won't tune in every week unless he gives them a cliffhanger. Guys like you and me, Vinnie Mac knows we'll tune in regardless, and if we get sick of it and tune out, who cares, because he's just gotten another 100,000 to stick to it.

No he didn't and his matches years ago when he was younger against X-Pac were worse.
Like you said, X-Pac. Name me five truly great matches that Sean Waltman has ever had in his career.

There are better ways to do it that would make more sense, Rey doesn't need this to get over, he already is. Why not inject him in the HBK-Jericho fued?
I'm not sure if I understand why it would be logical to stick Rey Mysterio into that fued.
Most are so they can keep their job, he needs to be pushed better and higher. And where did Kane say he didn't want a title run? like HBK has said?
I'm not sure if he's ever said it in an intervew, but the way I see it, if Kane really wanted a World Title reign a Main Event fixture, he either would have gotten one already, or he would have headed elsewhere a long time ago.

You don't applaud them when what they did is lame, I only applaud when what they did was good, I never applaud just because it's different. Look at SD's ending last week with the black roses, that was unexpected and entertaining. The WWE needs to try new things, but that doesn't mean they should pull whatever they can find out of their rearends.
Actually, I wasn't surpised by that. I don't why, but I just knew it was Edge. Maybe because I assumed that Edge would continue to follow Foley's advice and become the violent, quasi-psycho he once was, maybe it was because I didn't expect Taker to show until Summerslam, but I was expecting it to be Edge all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back