• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 09.15.11

I dunno, dude — I think they're handling it right. It's a matter of humbling Hardy back to square one, in a sense, which could do a lot to re-gain a lot of the respect he legitimately lost with the boys in the room.

Even if all of these interviews are works, if Jeff can really pull through them and follow through on this whole thing he's likely to regain a number of supporters behind the scenes.

Either way, the fans want to see Jeff Hardy, so if he's coming back regardless I'd love to see TNA take what was obviously a major stain on their history and turn it into a positive redemption story.

I dunno man, it seems very classless to me. I said it to SD and I'll say it to you, I just don't like this at all. There's way more negative than positive in doing this, with the #1 negative being bringing Hardy back at all. I don't care if the fans want to see him because he doesn't deserve a job, like at all. There were plenty of people who voted Anthony Weiner into the office of governor in New York, but he lost his job because he fucked up and deserved to lose it. Same thing here. I know Jeff "draws", but he fucked up on too many occasions with the worst one yet coming in March. If he was Devon level, he'd be gone and would never be back, but he's Jeff Hardy so he gets a storyline dedicated to his fucking up. It's terrible and it makes the company look terrible. At least that's my opinion.

I can deal with some of the other stuff, but this I cannot deal with. It's despicable and absolutely disgusting and I'd be hardpressed to change my tune on this.

I'll pretend this makes any sense (ignoring logical contradictions in the first sentence) you are wrong and a crappy gambler.

Submission match favors Joe. Chance to build up Joe for his run into BFG and give some flexibility on this Morgan-Joe stuff if they want to focus on Crimson without killing the feud or burying Morgan with a straightforward defeat. Among other things.

And Morgan would agree to this why?

Joe proves what here? That he can beat Morgan in his specialty? That'll get him over quickly. Next week: Abyss vs. a 3 year old in a hardcore challenge!

Why would Morgan vs. Joe happen again after a clean pin Sunday?

Why would you have a gimmick match on free TV when the regular match was on PPV?

Keep trying young one.

I dunno man, it seems very classless to me. I said it to SD and I'll say it to you, I just don't like this at all. There's way more negative than positive in doing this, with the #1 negative being bringing Hardy back at all. I don't care if the fans want to see him because he doesn't deserve a job, like at all. There were plenty of people who voted Anthony Weiner into the office of governor in New York, but he lost his job because he fucked up and deserved to lose it. Same thing here. I know Jeff "draws", but he fucked up on too many occasions with the worst one yet coming in March. If he was Devon level, he'd be gone and would never be back, but he's Jeff Hardy so he gets a storyline dedicated to his fucking up. It's terrible and it makes the company look terrible. At least that's my opinion.

I can deal with some of the other stuff, but this I cannot deal with. It's despicable and absolutely disgusting and I'd be hardpressed to change my tune on this.

I just don't agree. Redemption angles, especially ones based in reality are one of the smartest ways to establish a star. Factor in the guy being an absolute fan favorite and you've got quite an opportunity on your hands.

Yes, if Hardy was on Devon's level he'd be gone, but he's not — he's a main eventer, and a major draw. Next to Angle, I don't think there's a guy on TNA's roster who's more capable of putting asses in the seats. If the fans had grown to hate him, I'd be on your side of the argument, but they haven't, so there's no reason not to give an absolute superstar a fourth, fifth or sixth chance at redemption. So long as the fans are willing to forgive him, and so long as he continues to be the money-maker he is, he'll deserve every opportunity to make right.

It may not be "fair" or "right", but fair and right only matter if the business decision is profitable in an event like this.

Let's see if you still feel the same way after the Sting/Flair main event.

If I'm able to catch it (I'm also watching the LSU game right now, which looks like it should go down to the wire), since I'm a lifelong fan of both guys, I'm sure I'll be entertained by it. Their personalities alone are enough to make a match worth watching. Sure there won't be much quality to it, but it should be enjoyable to any long time fan.

And Morgan would agree to this why?

Joe proves what here? That he can beat Morgan in his specialty? That'll get him over quickly. Next week: Abyss vs. a 3 year old in a hardcore challenge!

Why would Morgan vs. Joe happen again after a clean pin Sunday?

Why would you have a gimmick match on free TV when the regular match was on PPV?

Keep trying young one.

Right on cue he shows the real reason I wasn't going to waste my time before. KB is the odd type that only asks questions he already feels he undeniably knows the answer to. It is always somewhat amusing to see the curious (rarely even related to what he started with) reasons he comes up with when you force him to explain it though.

Spinebuster def isn't enough for his finish IMO. Resembling HHH doesn't help that either.

Roode has a classic look — I always though he'd benefit greatly from utilizing classic moves in his set, and a classic finisher, like a top-rope elbow drop or something like the Sharpshooter.

I just don't agree. Redemption angles, especially ones based in reality are one of the smartest ways to establish a star. Factor in the guy being an absolute fan favorite and you've got quite an opportunity on your hands.

Yes, if Hardy was on Devon's level he'd be gone, but he's not — he's a main eventer, and a major draw. Next to Angle, I don't think there's a guy on TNA's roster who's more capable of putting asses in the seats. If the fans had grown to hate him, I'd be on your side of the argument, but they haven't, so there's no reason not to give an absolute superstar a fourth, fifth or sixth chance at redemption. So long as the fans are willing to forgive him, and so long as he continues to be the money-maker he is, he'll deserve every opportunity to make right.

It may not be "fair" or "right", but fair and right only matter if the business decision is profitable in an event like this.

Yea, but it's not real. Wrestling is not real no matter how much we want it to be. Jeff really did fuck up though and just because he's trying to redeem himself on screen doesn't mean he's done it or even remotely done it off screen. For all we know, he's getting loaded after shows and just hiding it better. One failed step and this looks like the most fucked up story of all time because he fucks up again. I know you'll attack me for saying "well why would he?" and of course, it's because he's fucked up so many times that I have more reason to believe that he'll screw this up than I do to believe that he's actually getting sober and doing the right thing.

That's the problem. I am a fan and I have no reason to believe that Jeff is clean. Because Jeff said so? Never trust an addict.

I agree with all of this.

Though, to me, what Jeff Hardy has done isn't even that bad. First of all, the pay-per-view thing was as much TNA's fault as it was Jeff's, so you can't put all the blame on him, especially since they didn't even give him a shot to have the match, which I'm sure he could have. Secondly, if 80% of the wrestlers get a fucking search warrant done on their house, they're getting caught with something. That's a fact.

If I'm able to catch it (I'm also watching the LSU game right now, which looks like it should go down to the wire), since I'm a lifelong fan of both guys, I'm sure I'll be entertained by it. Their personalities alone are enough to make a match worth watching. Sure there won't be much quality to it, but it should be enjoyable to any long time fan.

Do yourself a favor, and stick with the football game. I'm not so sure their personalities can possibly be enough to offset Father Time. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the NHL, but I wouldn't want to see Bobby Orr or Phil Esposito play for my Bruins this season. That would just be sad and pathetic. The nostalgia factor wouldn't be enough for me to offset their obvious decline in skills due to age.

Yea, but it's not real. Wrestling is not real no matter how much we want it to be. Jeff really did fuck up though and just because he's trying to redeem himself on screen doesn't mean he's done it or even remotely done it off screen. For all we know, he's getting loaded after shows and just hiding it better. One failed step and this looks like the most fucked up story of all time because he fucks up again. I know you'll attack me for saying "well why would he?" and of course, it's because he's fucked up so many times that I have more reason to believe that he'll screw this up than I do to believe that he's actually getting sober and doing the right thing.

That's the problem. I am a fan and I have no reason to believe that Jeff is clean. Because Jeff said so? Never trust an addict.

I've been over this.

If we're never trusting an addict, dozens of the biggest superstars in history would never have been. By that logic, HBK, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, RVD, etc. etc. etc. would never have existed, because they'd have fucked up and have been cut for not being "trustworthy" because of the fact they are/were all addicts at some point.

Do yourself a favor, and stick with the football game. I'm not so sure their personalities can possibly be enough to offset Father Time. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the NHL, but I wouldn't want to see Bobby Orr or Phil Esposito play for my Bruins this season. That would just be sad and pathetic. The nostalgia factor wouldn't be enough for me to offset their obvious decline in skills due to age.

While these two are definitely in the worst shape of their careers (though Sting is actually in pretty good shape considering his age), personality wise they're perhaps the most electric they've ever been. You know this shit is about to be hilarious.

I agree with all of this.

Though, to me, what Jeff Hardy has done isn't even that bad. First of all, the pay-per-view thing was as much TNA's fault as it was Jeff's, so you can't put all the blame on him, especially since they didn't even give him a shot to have the match, which I'm sure he could have. Secondly, if 80% of the wrestlers get a fucking search warrant done on their house, they're getting caught with something. That's a fact.

What IMO was worse was the idea of even letting him go out there. If he was that fucked up, they never should have let him go to the ring. They never should have let him walk out of the curtain. Send anyone out there in his place, even if it costs you viewers — worry about explaining what happened later.

Cut a promo and bury him before the match starts if you have to. The biggest failure was letting it happen.

A Double, baby! God, I love seeing the title on him. That's the kind of guy who can do something with that championship. Sorry, Kendrick, but it just wasn't working.

Roode has a classic look — I always though he'd benefit greatly from utilizing classic moves in his set, and a classic finisher, like a top-rope elbow drop or something like the Sharpshooter.

Not sure what non-submission finisher I would give him. I do not think it would be a top rope move though. I wonder if he could pull off a lariat.

Right on cue he shows the real reason I wasn't going to waste my time before. KB is the odd type that only asks questions he already feels he undeniably knows the answer to. It is always somewhat amusing to see the curious (rarely even related to what he started with) reasons he comes up with when you force him to explain it though.

Actually I don't know the answers to those and I don't think TNA does either.

While these two are definitely in the worst shape of their careers (though Sting is actually in pretty good shape considering his age), personality wise they're perhaps the most electric they've ever been. You know this shit is about to be hilarious.

The thing is, though, there's a big difference between laughing with them and laughing at them. Personally I'd much rather see the young blood take over, and leave these guys' legacies intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back