IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.30.11

This Hogan vs. Sting stuff comes off as Flair vs. Dusty of this generation. The segments and promos are interesting, but sometime they actually have to wrestle each other and it's all going to come crashing down then.

Did you honestly expect Sting to emulate Heath Ledger's performance? Or are you one of those, "If you can't emulate it don't even try," types? It's professional wrestling, you take what you can get, and quite frankly Sting is knocking it out of the park with a wrestling version of the Joker.

And I don't know about you, but I'll take good wrestling characters over unique characters ten times out of ten.

See, I don't think he's doing that great a job with it quite honestly. He has a few mannerisms down but that's about it. I'd prefer Sting to do anything else because I don't think he does Ledger's character justice. I actually don't find it to be a good wrestling character for a lot of reasons, but we can talk about that later.

RVD is at a huge disadvantage due to not appearing at house shows. Looks like his loose schedule is gonna bite him back.

Don't get too excited, she's just one of several hot women that are total plants, paid to sit in the front row every week to make it seem like hot women like TNA or something.

I fail to see how this changes the fact that there is a hot woman in the front row.

This Hogan vs. Sting stuff comes off as Flair vs. Dusty of this generation. The segments and promos are interesting, but sometime they actually have to wrestle each other and it's all going to come crashing down then.

That's an insult to Flair and Dusty. They worked better matches in the 80s than I have any faith that Sting and Hogan could work now.

See, I don't think he's doing that great a job with it quite honestly. He has a few mannerisms down but that's about it. I'd prefer Sting to do anything else because I don't think he does Ledger's character justice. I actually don't find it to be a good wrestling character for a lot of reasons, but we can talk about that later.

You seem to be in the minority. I'm not one to give TNA credit when it's not due, but Sting is awesome right now. He's doing Ledger as much justice as a professional wrestling character can.

And let's not act like Ledger's Joker is sacred or anything. He did a phenomenal job, yes, but that doesn't mean it should be unavailable to parody.

A Devon chant? Really? D-von Dudley is getting a chant? TNA's fans officially suck.

It's the Impact Zone dude, what do you expect. Those cretins will chant and cheer for anything. ANYTHING.

I will never, ever forget when Jim Neidhart showed up to wrestle a random match against Jay Lethal last year, and before Neidhart had even applied a single wrestling move or hold to Lethal, the fans were loudly chanting "You've still got it!" at him. That never fails to make me laugh.

I want to take an AK and go kill every fan chanting Let's go Devon. Seriously it's J-

Devon just won. Fuck TNA.

For a match between Samoa Joe and Devon Dudley that was pretty damn good. Interesting story there.

You seem to be in the minority. I'm not one to give TNA credit when it's not due, but Sting is awesome right now. He's doing Ledger as much justice as a professional wrestling character can.

And let's not act like Ledger's Joker is sacred or anything. He did a phenomenal job, yes, but that doesn't mean it should be unavailable to parody.

I may be in the minority but I won't budge because I am. I personally find it ridiculous and it's getting worse by the week for me. I liked Sting when he was telling EY to grow up and get serious. A week later he's "crazy Sting". I'm sorry, but his other role was better, much better in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I respect you and we agree on a lot, just not on this point.

It's the Impact Zone dude, what do you expect. Those cretins will chant and cheer for anything. ANYTHING.

I will never, ever forget when Jim Neidhart showed up to wrestle a random match against Jay Lethal last year, and before Neidhart had even applied a single wrestling move or hold to Lethal, the fans were loudly chanting "You've still got it!" at him. That never fails to make me laugh.

Jim Neidhard showing up in that singlet was one of the most hilarious moments I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back