• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.16.11

Nah; best moment of the night belonged to Scott Steiner. I am so impatient for that promo to hit Youtube.

If TNA released a DVD of nothing but Scott Steiner promos I would absolutely buy it, even though I already subscribe to the video vault.

Nah; best moment of the night belonged to Scott Steiner. I am so impatient for that promo to hit Youtube.

If TNA released a DVD of nothing but Scott Steiner promos I would absolutely buy it, even though I already subscribe to the video vault.

You want me to play the guitar? I don't play the guitar!

You got a 33 and a 3rd chance of that happening, but you see, I`m a genetic freak, so you`re chances drastically go down.

Scott Steiner and I are from the same area.

I love Scott Steiner.

A Few Random Thoughts

Not a strong show.

The women are officially unbearable. Still nice to look at, obviously. But, come on.

Still have no idea why some are so high on Gunner. But, he has time to show his worth, I suppose. His promo was odd. "I like helping people..but I hate everyone." Guessing that wasn't scripted... at all.

Didn't understand the need for the Rocky V Street Fight. Rock V sucked fucking ass, so, what was the point? Although, I did enjoy Bubba yelling out "Remember the neighborhood." Almost made the segment worth watching.

Somewhat interested in where this Sting/Hogan thing is going. I know I shouldn't be, but, I am.

I'm sure I'll end up being let down. If not, the potential for how good it can be is quite low. Nostalgia is an ugly bitch, especially when both men are over the freakin' hill.

Terrified.

Essentially the build could be cool, but this is a wrestling show. The payoff has to be a wrestling match and other than the nostalgic bit, there is no way a match between Hogan and Sting can be good. Sting can barely have passable matches for over 5 minutes with young talent at this point. Whatever he has with Hogan can't be good. Your fears are justified in that regard.

With that said, it's a shame Sting didn't rub off on Anderson from their program because that's what these veterans should be good for.......helping the up and comers. I guess some, like Anderson, are beyond help though.

I watched for long enough before seeing that somehow, someway, Jeff Jarret was going to wrestle Kurt Angle.

Again.

then upon nearly losing the will to live in general, I went to sleep. Sad, as I was looking forward to Tessmacher's entrance.

However, I did see the scoring system for the BFG series. FAR too complicated and long term for TNA to even remotely pull off.

The thing about Sting-Hogan is that we are talking about a long build that will be entertaining. The two have already more than shown that that their talking segments are interesting and work. At this point it is hard to say if it even is going to be a match just between the two. Why begrudge yourself months of entertainment from an interesting storyline just because they are not able to have an impressive match from a physical perspective? If done right it wouldn't be inconceivable for them to overcome that handicap anyway and make the match worthwhile generally speaking.

Maybe a Sting-Hogan program interests you SD, but it sure as fuck doesn't interest many, many others. We saw this feud done to absolute death 10 years ago in WCW. It sucked massively then, and it's going to suck massively now.

It'll suck even more now, since neither guy can barely move, I mean seriously what is Russo gonna do, put them in a walker on a pole match at BFG?

I'm interested in the Sting /Hogan feud. But not the match.

May I ask why? I mean what the hell is so interesting about them feuding but not wrestling? Sting's literally been saying the same exact thing to Hogan for over a YEAR now and absolutely nothing of note or interest has come from it. Their segment last night was okay, but more weird and out there than particularly "interesting". Is Sting just going to paint Hogan's face a different color every week or something?

We all know where it's going to lead---a match for control of TNA at BFG, whether it be between Hogan and Sting if Hogan can wrestle, or Sting and some hand-picked guy from Hogan, it's been very clear that's where they've been heading for like...a year now.

May I ask why? I mean what the hell is so interesting about them feuding but not wrestling? Sting's literally been saying the same exact thing to Hogan for over a YEAR now and absolutely nothing of note or interest has come from it. Their segment last night was okay, but more weird and out there than particularly "interesting". Is Sting just going to paint Hogan's face a different color every week or something?

We all know where it's going to lead---a match for control of TNA at BFG, whether it be between Hogan and Sting if Hogan can wrestle, or Sting and some hand-picked guy from Hogan, it's been very clear that's where they've been heading for like...a year now.

I'm interested in the result. Is Hogan gonna patch things up with Sting? Is Eric acting on his own or is he somehow talking Hogan into doing this? Is Hogan himself doing this because he wants to or what? It can go many ways, but when the time for a blowoff match comes, I'd really much rather have someone play representative for Hulk than Hulk himself wrestling Sting. Hulk can't go. His back is shit and he doesn't seem to pick up on that. Sting at the least can pull off a plausible match. Which is probably the excuse to go through with this. But this would be missing the boat for what Hogan could really do and that's being a spokesperson to put talent over. If Sting/Hogan is whats going on, I'd really prefer a suitable replacement for Hulk in the actual match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back