• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fast Food: Stupidity Requirement?

The Big Gunnzbowski

Damas y Caballeros...
Ok... Let me start by saying that if you work in the Fast Food Industry and are decent at your job, this is not meant for you. If you are, however, a mouth-breathing fucking moron, read this slowly and carefully...

How fucking hard is your job? Why is it that every time I go to your establishment, at least 1 of the items on my order is fucking screwed up?? If I order a Big Mac with no lettuce and extra sauce, I get extra lettuce and no sauce... If I order a Steak Grilled Stuft Burrito, I get Chicken... If I order a Large Coke with very little ice, I get a cup full of ice with almost no Coke... Don't you have to have at least the reading level of a 6th Grader to work in these places? HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT?!

Today, I get off of work... Mind you, my whole week has been shit so far, but I'm tired, I don't wanna cook, I stop at KFC on my way home... Very simple order... a LARGE Double Down combo with pepsi and Famous Bowl with NO corn. Please, reply to this message if this is too difficult... The girl reads my order to me... "Hmmm...sounds right! That's exactly what I said to her!", I say in my head. I pull up to the window, wait for 3 minutes for the giggling and bullshitting to stop before she comes to the window, and hands me a MEDIUM cup. I ask her (knowing damn well that it's a medium) "Is this a large?"
"No, the meal comes with a medium", she responds.
"I ordered a Large..."
"Oh..."
Off she disappears for another 3 or 4 minutes...which blows my mind, because the soda machine is RIGHT next to the window... She finally comes back...
"We don't have any fries, it's gonna be about 2 or 3 minutes...unless you want a different side..."
"Mashed Potatoes and Gravy is fine", I say...
So, after this 12 minute long adventure is over, I head home...
I eat my sandwich and mashed potatoes, knowing all along that the Famous Bowl is going to be my midnight snack... Here I sit, watching an old episode of "Lost", so I can get caught up and I decide to heat up my famous bowl...
I put it in the microwave, cook it up nice and hot, take it out, and off to the couch I go. I hit play, dip the spoon into the bowl and take a bite...and guess what I taste... CORN! The initial rage is enough to make me want to kick the dog, but hey... It wasn't his fault. That poor chihuahua is fucktons smarter than the future high school dropout that put this disaster of a bowl to-fucking-gether... I go to the sink and start fishing through this bowl to get any remaining stragglers out of the way, but to my horror, i notice that all around the inside perimeter of this bowl, is a fucking army of kernals, hidden in the gravy, tucked into the mashed potatoes... Now...This is my question:

Did they make those little screens that hang above the food prep stations too fucking hard to read since I was a teenager? Did the guy who trained this ****e secretly hate his job? I'm not employed there, but I can almost see what the screen told this cunt: 1 Famous Bowl ; No Corn.

I'm looking into this bowl and the formula looks mighty simple: Sit bowl on counter. Add Potatoes. Add Gravy. (I look at the screen, I see the words NO CORN, I move on) Skip past the corn. Add Chicken. Add Cheese. Put on Lid. Now, I know it might seem like alot of steps, but even to a trained fucking monkey, if done right, this process should only take about 15 seconds. I'm so sick and fucking tired of these bastard kids taking their jobs for granted and ruining my fucking food. I have my wife for that and she does it for free! Why should I be paying my hard earned money to some crew staffed with mentally handicapped underachievers? Get your shit together... There's no fucking need for this crap... Go back to school and let the unemployment line thin itself out... I'm sure there's plenty of people who would take that pay and still make the food edible. Bastards...

Quite possibly alot of times people screw up your order intentionally or make you wait if you act a ********. Trust me, Fast Food is way harder then people think it is. I work at Wendy's. It's not easy. There's way more to it then it seems, and seriously. I feel your pain, but not all fast food employees are fucking ******ed. I'm a high school dropout with a GED. I'm not dumb, I just disliked school. My IQ is 134. I'm fucking excellent at my job. Name anything on the menu and I can tell you how it's prepared. I can run grill, sandwiches, register, fries, everything. If you've never worked at a major fast-food chain then you can't really grasp how annoying, or how difficult it can be.

And I have worked in Fast Food before. I'm not saying that everybody who does is ******ed, I'm just wondering why the ones that are, are allowed to operate this equipment and be in charge of peoples' food. The people that work at the McDonalds inside the Wal Mart here are fucking phenomenal. They're always on the ball, they're always nice, even when they're obviously having a shitty day, they never screw up an order, and they always try and go that extra mile, no matter what it is. I'm sure you're very good at your job and by no means am I trying to knock the hard work you put in, but for fucks sake, can we keep these assclowns out? I was not a dick to this girl. I didn't get pissed until this crap with the bowl happened at home.

*Edit* I'm sure I'm taking this entirely too far, but seriously... How many times have any of you gone to a fast food joint and had your orders fucked up, and it was the simplest of things that was fucked up? I'm sick of it!!!

I mean, just because they screw up your order doesn't mean they're ******ed. Aren't you being a little harsh? Not everyone can be a super-sweet fast-food worker. People make mistakes. I know I make mistakes sometimes, rarely, but I do. We could be ridiculously busy up front, and in the drive-thru, i'm doing sandwiches for both sides and I might fuck up. She's not ******ed, she just fucked up. Did you not ever mess up an order or do something by mistake when you worked fast food? Everyone has.

Don't get me wrong... If this was a once every few times occurrence, not a big deal... But it happens almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. Their lobby was closed, there was nobody in front of me in the drive thru, and the car behind me didn't show up until I had already been there 5 minutes at least... I understand people make mistakes. I get this. It happened to me a few times... But almost every single fast food restaurant I go to has fucked up 3-4 of the last 5 orders there. I just don't get it... Like I said, maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but if someone isn't going to do their job right, don't give em the opportunity to keep fucking up! It applies in any other business/industry, why not here? Do we naturally have lower expectations for these places? I'm not understanding...

Cut them some slack man, seriously. People are so harsh to fast food workers, it's ridiculous. I was the same way until I started working there for a good while. It's hellaciously busy at my Wendy's what with school letting out and people around our store are just dicks. I feel your pain bro, but not all people are gonna be good at working fast food. Some are just subpar.. shit happens.

The reason all that shit gets messed up is BECAUSE its so easy, people get complacent, and don't give a fuck, and shit slips past them.

I agree though, extremely aggravating. I always check my bag for everything right there. It also pisses me off when you speak face to face with the individual with very simple instructions, and they act like they just can't possibly grasp what you are getting at.

The reason all that shit gets messed up is BECAUSE its so easy, people get complacent, and don't give a fuck, and shit slips past them.

I agree though, extremely aggravating. I always check my bag for everything right there. It also pisses me off when you speak face to face with the individual with very simple instructions, and they act like they just can't possibly grasp what you are getting at.
I love that, mostly because every now and then I get free food because they messed up. Free drinks and free chicken mcnuggets..From the same McDonalds.

Quite possibly alot of times people screw up your order intentionally or make you wait if you act a ********.

Which is absolutley outrageous. Your JOB which is paid for through MY money, is not to be a personality evaluator, its to make my fucking food the way I ask for it to be made, and to do it quickly. This is the most absolute BULLSHIT excuse I hear from people. and it drives me fucking crazy.

Have a little bit of fucking character.

When I went out this morning, I stopped in at Dunkin' Donuts for my morning coffee and the fucking line was obscenely long because they had TWO people working behind the counter in the middle of peak time.

How can you not have at least 3-4 people back there working a register each? They had one person making bagels and shit and one person making coffee. It's inexcusable, and I had to go into work without the one thing that keeps me going.

And yeah, I love the fucking defense of the fast-food workers. People get bullshit because when you give them the order, they either list it wrong on the fucking screen or keep asking "What?" because they have someone who can't really speak english taking orders. For the most part, people aren't going to act like assholes unless they have a reason to.

These are just more reasons why to shop at Subway. You order what you want on the fly, you tell us to our faces and you watch us make it. Very simple.

I have a few mates that used to work at subway. the only mistakes they made was forgetting t lock the door after closing....

After reading your posts twice over Gunz buddy Lol.... I have just one question.

You got fired from a fast food place when you was younger didn't you?

THIS^^^

But, allow me to add a few more thoughts...

First of all, these people work in a thankless job. Fast food workers are some of the most shit-on people in the food industry. They deal with hundreds and hundreds of customers per day, and most of them are douchebag ass holes. So, either they screw up your order out of a tad of revenge, or like Norcal said, they become complacent and neglect the simplicity of their job.

Secondly, it's the law of large numbers. When you deal in as much volume as these places rack in, you're bound to have a larger margin and room for error on the orders. These people probably process about 2,000 order of french fries per day. Do you think they're ALWAYS going to catch the orders that ask for "no salt" on their fries?

I'm just sayin'...

Secondly, it's the law of large numbers. When you deal in as much volume as these places rack in, you're bound to have a larger margin and room for error on the orders. These people probably process about 2,000 order of french fries per day. Do you think they're ALWAYS going to catch the orders that ask for "no salt" on their fries?

I'm just sayin'...

You must be a democrat.

If you can't handle the job, don't turn in a fucking application. Simple as.

D-MAN, GET OUT OF MY MIIIIIIIIND.

Yeah, when I worked in fast food, it's easy to make mistakes, because everything was based on pictures. It was like work, for pre-schoolers. So when someone's shouting an order at me, I do it so quick, and sometimes shit just slips by me. In places like Taco Bell, there's a giant margin for error, because everything tastes the same to me? And generally, it's not some huge mistake, unless something was completely left out of the order. Otherwise, if someone left out an ingredient, or gave me a taco supreme rather than a regular-ass taco, or if they left out like the sour cream on a burrito, it's generally not that big a deal to me, and I won't bitch about it.

That's just an example. I'm pretty cool with fast food workers, but something that really grinds my shit is when they develop shitty little attitudes when you politely ask them to fix your order. Like, at BK or McD's, you'll get a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a crispy, and it's cool, because the shit takes like a minute to make, but they'll be all

"TCH, *SIIIIIGH*, OH-KAY, HOLD ON. *turns around* CAN YOU FIX THIS MAN'S ORDER PLEASE? *SIIIIIIGH AGAIN*"

Woah, dude, YOU fucked up, not me. Sorry you had to do your JOB.

You must be a democrat.

If you can't handle the job, don't turn in a fucking application. Simple as.

I believe a statement like this is out of line. You're basically saying that if you fill out an application for a job, you must be perfect. After all, to you, perfect = qualified.

That's a little bit unfair. Haven't you ever had to do something the same way 1,000 times and fucked it up about 5% of the times?

That's a little bit unfair. Haven't you ever had to do something the same way 1,000 times and fucked it up about 5% of the times?

No, I haven't because if I did, people die. Like not figuratively, like, their lives will end, and letters have to written to their family to make funeral arrangements.

Fix my damn steak taco correctly, please.

No, I haven't because if I did, people die. Like not figuratively, like, their lives will end, and letters have to written to their family to make funeral arrangements.

Fix my damn steak taco correctly, please.

I knew you'd answer with a comparison of the United States Armed Forces versus being a cashier at Taco Bell. Need I explain more?

I knew you'd answer with a comparison of the United States Armed Forces versus being a cashier at Taco Bell. Need I explain more?

you asked a question, and I answered it.

Bottom line is, do your fucking job, and do it correctly. I have no use for people's excuses, especially when their job is serving other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back