Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Finally got to play 5th edition tonight. My character is Mylia Tradeth, a Wood Elf Paladin of Silvanus. Her image rep is Alexa Bliss. Chaotic Neutral alignment.

Adding onto that we have a great party.

Lizardfolk Cleric
Human Barbarian/Bard Multiclass
Human Rogue
Wood Elf Paladin of Silvanus (me)
Wood Elf Bard
Warlock Half Orc
Aasimar Druid
Tiefling Ranger

Going to have to find that Final Fantasy 6 walkthrough read. I've been flying around in the airship for an hour visiting every town on the map. I completely forgot what I was supposed to do next.

Going to have to find that Final Fantasy 6 walkthrough read. I've been flying around in the airship for an hour visiting every town on the map. I completely forgot what I was supposed to do next.

Oh for crying out loud. All this time and I forgot Narshe was a cave symbol on the map and not a town symbol. Self kick.

Depending on who you have and what they say at the airship I can figure out where you are.

Oh for crying out loud. All this time and I forgot Narshe was a cave symbol on the map and not a town symbol. Self kick.

Thought about it and even without the text from the party, there's only two different parts you could be at. If you have Strago and Relm you need to go to the Floating Continent. If you don't, you need to go to the Sealed Gate. There's no other time in the game in the first world when you have access to the airship. During every other world 1 event it is either unavailable or Setzer is repairing it or both.

The worst thing that can happen to a gamer just happened to me. I've been playing Final Fantasy 6 on a SNES Emulater and I'm on my way to the sealed gate. I passed the shifting wooden platforms over the lava, I pressed a button on the wall and this super tough ninja drops down and kills me in a long fight. Ive been playing the game a really long time without saving -In Game- The Emulater would just pick up where I left off anyway so I kept passing the opportunity to save -In Game-........

...now I'm back to BEFORE the Phantom Train in the forest. Fuuuuuuck that!

That happens to me all the time.

I usually stop playing the game for a bit before I throw it out my front door.

The worst thing that can happen to a gamer just happened to me. I've been playing Final Fantasy 6 on a SNES Emulater and I'm on my way to the sealed gate. I passed the shifting wooden platforms over the lava, I pressed a button on the wall and this super tough ninja drops down and kills me in a long fight. Ive been playing the game a really long time without saving -In Game- The Emulater would just pick up where I left off anyway so I kept passing the opportunity to save -In Game-........

...now I'm back to BEFORE the Phantom Train in the forest. Fuuuuuuck that!

Ahhhhhhhhh! Gosh that sucks man. That ninja trap has gotten countless players over the years. It's not as talked about anymore but it was fairly infamous for a bit there back in the day. One time I fell into a loop with save state'ing at a "You will die 100% no matter what by re-loading this" moment was in FF2 (as in the Japanese one where you beat yourself up to get a Health Point increase) I was on a boss fight against a soldier that I was not ready for and I had saved every round during the fight, big mistake. Fell into a round where my guest NPC was dead and all three main characters were going to die no matter what due to low Health and low agility. I had to start over. From the very beginning of the game. Never again did I do save states during a battle.

I feel your pain on so many levels. I am super careful with save state'ing for that reason. I try to have one backup save state that I only save in a safe time in, such as the world map. Then I use another state for monster lair saving.

But, hey.... you get to re-live that awesome 3 party war against Kefka in Narshe again! That part's fun.

That happens to me all the time.

I usually stop playing the game for a bit before I throw it out my front door.

Yeah, only save on the world map.... Or have a secondary file for saving in monster lairs as I suggested above.... Or, heck, only save stating at the actual save points and do it the old fashioned way. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :shrug: Only time I ever really had to truly spam the save state function was in Oracle Of Ages with some of its idiotic puzzles (Looking at YOU, Goron Dancing mini-game!) I literally have NO CLUE how I got through Oracle of Ages on the original GBC game as a teen. I did it then but couldn't this summer.

Somehow that Ninja guy wasn't tough for me even in my first playthrough. I wasn't on very high levels either.

In my defense, I had Gau and Cyan in my party dragging me down the whole fight. I spent the majority of the battle healing those two and using a pile of Phoenix Downs on them. I used to like Gau too. Now he's dead to me. :)

Somehow that Ninja guy wasn't tough for me even in my first playthrough. I wasn't on very high levels either.

What level were you?

In my defense, I had Gau and Cyan in my party dragging me down the whole fight. I spent the majority of the battle healing those two and using a pile of Phoenix Downs on them. I used to like Gau too. Now he's dead to me. :)

Cyan sucks unless you're playing the PC Version. Try a party of Edgar, Locke, Terra, and Mog for that cave.

I had my heavy hitters in the party - Terra (compulsory), Locke, Edgar and Setzer. Sabin's Fire Dance/Rising Phoenix becomes useless in the cave. Yeah, Gau is too random to be liked. I take him only if the rest of the members of my party are strong enough to deal with the enemies.

What level were you?

I don't remember exactly but I was around 20-22 when I left the cave.

I had my heavy hitters in the party - Terra (compulsory), Locke, Edgar and Setzer. Sabin's Fire Dance/Rising Phoenix becomes useless in the cave. Yeah, Gau is too random to be liked. I take him only if the rest of the members of my party are strong enough to deal with the enemies.

Many of the enemies in there are Fire elemental is why. Edgar and Mog would be better fighters. Locke's doing serious damage by then if he has a Genji Glove and two ranged weapons. Hawkeye should be available by then. Terra's there to heal (and storyline required) while the other three fight.

I don't remember exactly but I was around 20-22 when I left the cave.

Dang. I'm normally close to level 40 by that part.

Man do you grind a lot! I get to 35 max at the end of the first world. I think the Ninja in the Sealed Cave turns up easy on me as he doesn't use elemental scrolls as frequently as Ninjas on the Floating Continent do.

Man do you grind a lot! I get to 35 max at the end of the first world. I think the Ninja in the Sealed Cave turns up easy on me as he doesn't use elemental scrolls as frequently as Ninjas on the Floating Continent do.

All the Ninjas use the same attack script. It's randomly determined if he uses a scroll or not. As for the grinding.... I take advantage of some levelling triggers. The higher Locke's level is, the higher Terra's will be when she returns as well as those who did not come to the Empire. Mastering the first four espers as soon as you get them helps achieve this. It happens again after the Thamasa quest. Locke and Terra's level determine the level bump of the rest when they return so I master as many as I can for Terra and Relm over in Thamasa. Then I get Celes caught up with her espers before the Floating Continent. Locke and Edgar are nearly always in my party so they come along while the girls esper gain. The end result is I have thousands of Health by the end of world one.

Just got FF6's Android version. Isn't the same port available on PC? Graphics look pretty cool. I look forward to playing as Cyan. How did you kill Intangir in the first world.

Just got FF6's Android version. Isn't the same port available on PC? Graphics look pretty cool. I look forward to playing as Cyan. How did you kill Intangir in the first world.

Yeah they remade that version for PC, which is the one I played through the Dragon's Den on. And, yes, Cyan is MUCH better now. Bring him with Edgar, Locke, and Celes to the empire.

Cast Stop on him, unload the best attacks you have, heal as needed if he casts Meteor, and repeat. Vanish + Doom won't work on the PC version anymore unfortunately. ;)

1488022_987164358106_1924702009_n.jpg

This popped up through my memory app on facebook. It's from a Theron RP from 3 years ago. I've come a real long way since the days of including full on D&D battle scripts in an RP. Had fun writing it though at the time. It's long enough ago that Kaleesta wasn't even there so it was one of my first ones.

I love my mother's shitty internet (It's where my Xbox One lives)....Installing World of Tanks, that is going to take ten years so while I'm waiting I might as well jump into a game of Black Ops 3....

....Black Ops 3 needs an update.

O.K, World of Tanks will have to be Queued now so BO3 can update for 8 years, I might as well play SMITE while I'm waiting for BO3 to update....

SMITE needs an update. :lmao: O.K, BO3 will now go into Queued so SMITE can update. Sheeeeesh!

I love my mother's shitty internet (It's where my Xbox One lives)....Installing World of Tanks, that is going to take ten years so while I'm waiting I might as well jump into a game of Black Ops 3....

....Black Ops 3 needs an update.

O.K, World of Tanks will have to be Queued now so BO3 can update for 8 years, I might as well play SMITE while I'm waiting for BO3 to update....

SMITE needs an update. :lmao: O.K, BO3 will now go into Queued so SMITE can update. Sheeeeesh!

I hate updates so much. I always refuse unless it's obligatory. The only thing worse than mandatory updates are mandatory password changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back