Batista Vs. John Cena. Bad Idea

nthomas504

Pre-Show Stalwart
We all know that Batista Vs Cena was gold at Sumerslam last year, but at wat prize really? Both of them ended up injured and one had to miss Wrestlemania because of that certain match. Cena was booked to win the World Heavyweight Title and keep it til Wrestlemania, but since he was removed from tha match, Chris Jericho won it and had a title reign that was some real shit (i love Chris, but his reign wasnt all that great.) So discuss, it cost us our real Wrestlemania main event. Should it be done again

Well, first and foremost, I'm not sure that the match was the direct cause for either of their injuries. Batista's ws more general wear and tear and Cena carried on wretling for a week, so I'd be surprised if the match wasn't the cause for his injury in reality either. The fact of the matter is that Batista versus Cena is one of the biggest matches WWE could put on, especially for the casual fan and it would be stupid for them not to entertain the possibility of doing it again.

If the WWE were worried about injuries, Kennedy wouldn't wrestle another match again and Cena would only wrestle sporiadically. In Batista and Cena you have someone old and someone injury prone, so putting them together is a risk, but no more a risk than having each of them fight singles matches.

Would I want to see it again? No, because Batista is unmotivated and I don't get anything from watching him and I don't find Cena entertaining enough to carry a match by himself. My opinion isn't important though, and the vast majority of WWE fans would pay to see this match-up, so the WWE should definitely do this again, but they should save it as either Batista's retirement match or just a grudge match at WrestleMania XXVI. It wouldn't need the title to generate interest, and I think that the injury worry is negligible, to be honest.

I'd love to see Batista injure Cena again i am sooo sick of Cena
Batistas retiring next year and he wants to have one big match before he leaves so i guess hell face Cena

We all know that Batista Vs Cena was gold at Sumerslam last year, but at wat prize really? Both of them ended up injured and one had to miss Wrestlemania because of that certain match. Cena was booked to win the World Heavyweight Title and keep it til Wrestlemania, but since he was removed from tha match, Chris Jericho won it and had a title reign that was some real shit (i love Chris, but his reign wasnt all that great.) So discuss, it cost us our real Wrestlemania main event. Should it be done again

This is like a Christmas gift. Opening it is only good once. The WWE really dropped the ball. I would have waited for WM for this match as it would have allowed both to do their part in selling the card and neither would have to be part of a championship match.

Goldberg/Hogan, Rock/Hogan, Nash/Goldberg..., there is something about the first time. This ain't Triple H/Taker or HBK/Jericho. This was a one time shot and now I'm not sure it will ever have the same luster.

Have a long title reign with Cena is hell his reigns are so damn boring makes himself look like he is unbeatable but there are other stars who are much better than him they might not be the fans favorite like Cena but they have more in ring skills than Cena. I liked Cena in the past until his long reigns pissed me off and the reason the kids love him now is that they started watching him when he had that wannabee gangster image he was funny and fun to watch...now hes so corny i cant stand him

Bad idea? Yea it is. You can say what you want about Cena and Batista, but putting two wrestlers who have about 10 move sets between them isn't entertaining. It's a great build, because they're both over with the fans.

It's like Blades of Glory. Will Ferrell's over. So is Jon Heder. Put them together and what do you get? Mediocre at best movie about skating.

Just because they're two big names doesn't guarantee a match would work. The Cena/Batista match as SS was bad. I watched it. The only highlight was seeing Cena take that Jeff Hardy-esqe bump from the top rope into a Batista bomb. The rest was boring...but they got their spots in. That's all that counts.

It's a bad idea, which means it's going to happen soon.

I wouldnt think of it as a terrible idea, I do believe its better than the crap we are getting right now, Triple H/Orton sucked at WM and I would've preferred seeing these two do it up at the big stage.

I think it comes down to the amount of chemistry these two guys share. Last year, the story was about who the better man was..lets face it these guys coincidentally won/lost titles at the same moment, and it was a test to see who was on top..I honestly wouldnt mind seeing these guys duke it out like how Rock/Austin did at WM..just do it at summerslam for the title or something lol..but I see the main problem, which is the bond these superstars create in the ring..in short, Cena/Batista rivalry will go stale very fast..

Have a long title reign with Cena is hell his reigns are so damn boring makes himself look like he is unbeatable but there are other stars who are much better than him they might not be the fans favorite like Cena but they have more in ring skills than Cena. I liked Cena in the past until his long reigns pissed me off and the reason the kids love him now is that they started watching him when he had that wannabee gangster image he was funny and fun to watch...now hes so corny i cant stand him

We see you hate Cena and thats fine. I hate Cena also. But I get much more enjoyment watching wrestling with him as the champ. Some matches i want him to win, most i just want to see him lose. Thats the beauty of his reigns. He can work with anyone.

World Heavyweight Championship - John Cena vs Batista

looks good on paper, and it was a good match too, they both put up a good fight to each other, and the match was not the cause of both injuries,
Batista's injury was because of no rest for his leg, and Cena's was because of the way he landed from that batista bomb from off the top ropes when he jumped and got caught from the big man...so i wouldnt mind seeing them go at it one more time, or even a good feud, but with batista as the heel.

I dont hate him, i just hate it when he has long title reigns an if he loses the title he loses it unfairly. But he is the biggest face of WwE he is vinces little puppet and he will always come out on top and theres nothng u can do about it. Cena said hed lov to work as heel but its upto the fans to do that.

World Heavyweight Championship - John Cena vs Batista

looks good on paper, and it was a good match too, they both put up a good fight to each other, and the match was not the cause of both injuries,
Batista's injury was because of no rest for his leg, and Cena's was because of the way he landed from that batista bomb from off the top ropes when he jumped and got caught from the big man...so i wouldnt mind seeing them go at it one more time, or even a good feud, but with batista as the heel.

Batista would make an amazing heel

It was a very good match and why wouldn't you want to book it? Why keep two of the most popular stars from wrestling each other and having a match that would most definitely draw?

The match may have injured Cena and added to the wearing down of Batista but that just means that they have more to say if they ever have another feud. Two men destroyed themselves fighting each other the first time, what will happen when they face off again?

Batista and Cena in my opinion need to have another match because the other one just did not have enough hype to it as I wanted it to be. It was first time two of the biggest stars ever met in the company ever met in a match and the WWE didn't hype it enough.

It needs to be at Wrestlemania 26 for one of the titles (WWE or WHC) too.

Plus the Summerslam match was a good match, even though Cena ended up getting hurt and Batista just hurt himself even more. The two know how to put off a good match thats for sure.

I would enjoy seeing that match again, but i want Cena to be the heel. He was phenomenal when he was the rapper (face or heel), and he became my favorite wrestler. But now i cant stand him. He is not the best wrestler but he was entertaining in the ring as the rapper. Pumping up the shoes and everything. Plus is raps were awesome. Hopefully he will go that way again and then feud with the Animal.

I would enjoy seeing that match again, but i want Cena to be the heel. He was phenomenal when he was the rapper (face or heel), and he became my favorite wrestler. But now i cant stand him. He is not the best wrestler but he was entertaining in the ring as the rapper. Pumping up the shoes and everything. Plus is raps were awesome. Hopefully he will go that way again and then feud with the Animal.
Same here, Like I said before..I was a Cena fan he was exciting, fun to watch... and he had a really good gimmick..that made me like watching him.
When he had a huge title reign and started to be cheezy and WWE made him seem like he was undefeatable unless someone cheated..I couldnt stand it!

It would have been a real big match had they saved it for Mania. Shame really. It turned into a nothing SummerSlam match. A crap one at that, I don't get all the hype that match gets.

I say once it's been done then it shouldn't be done at WrestleMania again. But there's more than enough left for another SummerSlam to Survivor Series feud.

this match would have been better then the one we got at WM this year. the build at Summerslam just sucked. they ruined the whole thing. this year they will have the slow build for it that makes it a want to see at WM 26.

It was a good match first time round I thought, the build could have been better though I enjoyed it.

I'd love to see it again done properly this time, a good little build with a title on the line, fuck turn Batista heel if you have to, plus I was actually quite annoyed when Batista won the match first time round so I wouldnt mind seeing Cena get some revenge for that loss.

So yeah in short I think it'd be a very good idea.

I really want to like Cena and Batista coz they seem like cool guys outside of the ring, but goddam it they are the most generic babyfaces pro wrestling has ever seen and it bores me to tears. If Batista turns heel I may actually start to care, I don't know what they could ever do with Cena, he is too important as the face of WWE to turn anytime soon so I've given up on him for now.But with a heel Batista facing off against the ultimate boy scout in Cena, it has the potential to be great, but Batista needs to get under Cena's skin enough to make him want to destroy big Dave, and end his career.

It wasn't a bad idea. Injuries happen all the time and that was just a bad circumstance. They should have waited until WM 25 to have that match as they are the two biggest faces in the company. Their Summerslam exceeded my expectations though, but it wasn't a great match. They can have their rematch at WM 26 so they can hype it better but it won't feel the same as if it were their first time meeting.

Batista would make an amazing heel

His character seems heel naturally, but he lacks mic skills to be a great heel.

As much as I dislike Batista, this match is what the WWE wants right now. Two main eventers who have only squared off once. The build wasn't terrible the first time around, it was just a bad idea to start something two weeks before Summerslam. I agree with Jake the match is semi-overated, but I don't think it's a bad match by any stretch, and by all means a foundation for the second match.

Summary -I still don't like Dave -This match is gold -They have plenty to work with here

I think this should be revisited. Only this time, have Batista as a heel (it's about time this happened, but then again a heel Cena could be good too). The problem with the Summerslam match was that it was rushed as WWE panicked and new they needed something big for the event. This time around, there should be an adequate build up and it should be contested over the title. This has potential to be one of the biggest feuds ever imo but WWE has to handle it correctly this time. They may even wait until Wrestlemania 26 before giving it another stab.

I couldn't get into this feud at all. As I have said before, I don't like either man. I find Batista boring and I flat out can't stand Cena. I think he could make a really "good" (using that term very loosely) heel. The huge fan support he has from the young kiddies especially would in turn begin to boo him (obvious info here I know). If done correctly, that many people being his fans and suddenly having to boo him would make him one of the most hated heels in wrestling for quite some time. This sounds cruel I know, but can you imagine how devistated and then shortly thereafter, mad young kids would get if he did something to make him a heel (say like nail Batista with a chair or something??) With Batista back and having tons of fan support and momentum, the WWE would be fine if they turned Cena heel and made Batista the main face of the company for a while. He has said he wants to have another run with the title before he retires in a year or so anyways. So, use all of that to turn him into the main face of the company. They wouldn't before because they needed Cena to be "the face" of Raw. Now they can get Batista to do it and turn Cena heel. I still wouldn't like him. There isn't a thing in the world that man could do to make me find him interesting - although learning to wrestle a match with more than 4 moves sure as hell couldn't hurt his chances.

I think it would be decent. Batista may be going heel as soon as Backlash. Him or Shane anyway. Cena and Batista have similar styles and could work together to have great match. Seriously. John Cena had some good matches when he first started with Angle. The guy has a ton of unused talent, and that is why I can't stand to watch him. Its not that he can't do more, he doesn't do more based on the character. I think if they threw in some special stipulations to make the match seem more brutal, that would help put it over as well.

It was a good idea but the injuries or the over hype and how the WWE limit there moves didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back