All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wanted to be the first to throw my hat in that idea of yours, so here I am. While not very realistic It really has some great things in it. The Rock winning the WWE Championship is a must, he won over John Cena cleanly at WrestleMania 28 and nobody after him actually did it so that is a big thing.

The Rock proved in the past that he can have some good rivalries with almost anybody, even Hurricane had a funny one with Rock. CM Punk is probably going to get that rub to work with the "Great One", but I don't see The Rock just winning the strap at WrestleMania and leaving afterwards. He will probably going to fail in that quest, but in my mind I think he should win it at Royal Rumble and working his way to only wrestling at WrestleMania 29 again while the champion. His retirement match, it should be billed like that at least, weather he wins it or he loses it, the next night he will retire. Obviously that in my mind John Cena should be the guy to retire him, however making CM Punk actually doing it would be an incredible push to number one face of the company.

Making The Rock the champion for that period of time (of your idea) would ruin the prestige of the championship, and The Rock isn't a full time wrestler and he isn't The Undertaker to wrestle like him every year. The idea of having only one major title is bad, the WWE has two good shows a roster with over 100 talents and two major titles means more money for Vince McMahon.

Well, I don't particularly disagree with what you have to say, History, except on two points. How is Rock unlike The Undertaker? At least one night a year, Taker can still go, as can The Rock. Neither of them will put on wrestling clinics, but they can each carry a story on one night a year.

I will say one way Taker is unlike The Rock, though; stardom. Where The Rock goes, dollars follow. In this current generation of wrestling and any other pop culture, we love our celebrities. The Rock is not a huge name, but he's big enough that heads still turn if he's going back in the ring.

The other point I disagree is the championship losing prestige. You are potentially right, as I am potentially wrong, but it all depends on this; how they book the championships absence. When CM Punk walked out with the WWE title, albeit a brief time, the championship was gaining some serious credibility through Punk's post-WWE appearances. This was short lived with Punk, but Rock leaving with the belt, showing up once a year, could in fact elevate the prestige of the title. But, to your point and mine, only if booked right.

They are very different in "status", not physically however we know something about The Undertaker, we know that in WrestleMania night we will have a potential MOTY and an instant classic once a year. The Rock isn't this prestige figure as Mark Callaway is in the industry and the WWE Championship isn't the same thing as the streak. I actually enjoy your idea a little bit, but it can't happen 'cause while The Undertaker Streak is actually WrestleMania exclusive, The WWE Championship isn't, and lets face it, how in the blue hell would Vince McMahon sell PPV's with only a major championship and a gigantic roster? It isn't the Golden Era, people know that wrestling is fake so the championships have more value in storyline, people buy tickets to see champions, not individual figures.

We knew that CM Punk wasn't going away and the storyline surrounding it was some of WWE's best work since The Rock vs. Stone Cold, so the Championship gained a lot of more prestige obviously. We were having a new face, a new guy to rely on. Now having the championship be defended once a year at WrestleMania with a guy that does not have the right build-up to be hard to beat like The Undertaker gained with his 20 years of WrestleMania's.

It's really really difficult to use your idea, just that... Not a bad one, and not a good one, just a debatable idea.

Your idea is phenomenal! But like someone above me said, it takes away from the WWE Championship prestige. The way I want to see the Rock win the WWE Championship is something along the lines of this.

WWE Championship Money in the Bank match, John Cena is climbing the ladder when suddenly you hear the words, "IF YA SMEELLLLLLLLL" and the Rock come out and Cena cant believe it. The Miz(has beef with Cena and Rock in the past) knocks Cena off the ladder, then goes to climb it but Rock gives him the ROCK BOTTOM! Rock climbs the ladder and wins Money in the Bank.

1000th RAW- Rock says his goal is WWE Championship and he is going to be Champion soon.

Royal Rumble- CM Punk retains his title after a brutal match, Rocks music hits and he cashes in Money in the Bank to become WWE Championship.
Royal Rumble match- Number 29 is John Cena who beats down and eliminates The Miz in the match, then 5,4,3,2,1. IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL! WWE Champion The Rock comes down as number 30 and John Cena is in disbelief. They have a epic back and fourth with the Rock winning.

Rock says he has electrified WWE and is going to do it again at Wrestlemania when he becomes the Undisputed WWE Champion when he beats "insert World HeavyWeight Champion here".

Wrestlemania 29- WWE Champion The Rock vs World Heavyweight Champion "insert champion here(cough cough* Jinder Mahal cough cough* ;))... Great match with Rock winning and unifying the WWE World Heavyweight Championships.

Tell me what you think :)

I agree with Taylor360. The best senerio (Not knocking yours, I just don't see that beign able to work) is Rock winning MITB, because everyone will remember he has it, but never know when he will cash it in.

Unless he announces at 1000th show that he will cash in at WrestleMania. Because it's hard to bring The Rock in, make him a contender, build up a legit feud lasting around a month before the match, have him win a title. Unless he wins at RR and give himself the time to show up from RR to WM without a movie distraction.

First of I like this thread,I like your idea also,but as you said it would be risky. I mean holding the WWE Championship up for a entire year? Why wouldnt Vince just have another Championship made like he did when CM Punk "left"

But my idea as I have stated on the forums before is this

Tomorrow night John Cena wins MITB I know I know not the most popular decision but hear me out, CM Punk also Retains tomorrow night, Than at Summer Slam Brock Lesnar Defeats Triple H, Now assuming that WWE could work out more dates with Lesnar which I'm sure they could, at Hell in a Cell Brock and The Undertaker work together with Brock Defeating Taker, Than at Survivor Series they face again this time in a Buried alive match, Brock Lesnar wins and than is built as unstoppable,he claims he wants the WWE Championship and than him and CM Punk work a feud with them finally facing off for the title at TLC in maybe a Table Match(?),Brock Lesnar once again wins Lesnar is the Champion,and who is there to stop him? The Rock, so id say maybe at the Royal Rumble Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk in a rematch Brock Lesnar wins have someone win the Rumble and challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship than the next night The Rock Returns and Challenges him for the title the match is set for The Elimination Chamber PPV,The Rock wins with the help of the returning Undertaker and is the WWE Champion again and who announces there cashing in the Money in The Briefcase at Wrestlemania 29? John Cena
That makes it

John Cena vs the Rock II for the WWE Championship

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker

Thats how id like to see it happen maybe change the PPVs a bit so theres more time to build the matches at Mania but I really think this could work

Since you came off as nice I will follow suit and not totally destroy your idea. When I first read it I thought oh god another UFC fan that wants titles defend once a year. Which in my opinion is lame. MMA takes serious beatings and most has issues the next day. In the WWE they can usually go the next day. This proves 2 things WWE wrestlers are more concerned with the safety and the second is the new UFC/MMA fighter are wusses (UFC once was a tournament where you fought 4 times a night)

The tear down part

First you have to look at the rock Defending the title and never seeing the title on WWE will make the title bunk and boring. Instead of having 12 chances to win the title from the rock you get one chance a year. Even the UFC gives a guy more than one chance a year., sometimes if the fight is close a second or third chance in the same year. ( unless your Brock Lesnar and you fake and injury so you don't have to fight. A real man would have dropped the title and then chased it again. Then you have to look at the Rock and his movie Career. If a movie is being filmed during WM the WWE is not going to be able to afford the 30 million dollar price tag of the rock to not do the movie and come wrestle for one night.
CM flunk is no stranger to the WWE title but all his reigns prior to the most recent was always a different but the same Cm punk character. This one with the pipe bombs, bucking the systems and beliefs make him more popular. However of recent he is falling down hill and it took a Sex pot like AJ to take him to that new spotlight, almost over shadowing Cena. CM has stood for a ton of things like originality ( which he lacks) and hates the idea of PT wrestlers taking the spotlight. If you hate it that much why do you want to fight SCSA. ( oh because he is Full of CM Punk) Why would he mark out to the rock?
WWE would do the same as they did with Punk and just make a new title and move forward with out the rock, now every now and again the Rock would say something with the title and show people he is the most recent winner. But when you have a tournament the winner is the champ, not the rock who cares if he has the strap. To have the world title off the Cm punk and have the rock not show for any events people would lose interest in the wwe title and all would be forced to fight for the World title. But now look at the repercussions. WWE title is gone, so is the MITB match, you lose 1 storyline, and royal rumble only gets one choice. Meaning a real superstar would have to fight the Rock. Royal Rumble loses it's glow because you need a true superstar to take the title. Resulting in the Undertaker winning as the 30th entrant. why? who else is there that is as big a superstar as the Rock and Cena, maybe Triple H.

Having the title defended once a year doesn't make it more legit it only makes it more irrelevant. If it is April we know we won't see it again for a year so what is the point of a #1 contender, or every thinking about it. If we want the UFC style then let's start making weight classes and more rules. UFC had some of the baddest people back when they fought 4 times a night and weight didn't matter. I have seen Gracie dominate guys twice his since. You will never see UFC do that again. The WWE doesn't need to waste time trying to be them.

well Rock winning MITB is not such a bad idea. If they announced he was appearing, it would be obvious he would go over. Kane, Big Show or Jericho are not going to win it. They are not going to push Mysterio so strongly after being out for drug related issues. Ditto Orton. They could add Del Rios and/or The Miz to the match but they have already been MITB winners and cashed in. I like the idea of an unannounced Rock appearing and winning the ladder match....thus having him hold the briefcase and be bale to cash in wherever and whenever he wants.

Firstly, this isn't a UFC thing. I've seen a few fights, and only once went out of my way to watch one. As important as The Rock is to this topic, it's the substitute of something relevant to one day replace The Undertaker and his streak at Wrestlemania. I know History disagrees, but when Taker is gone, something like this would be a solid substitute. I think The Streak will require a transitional replacement, and Rocky 'just showing up' once a year, the stakes are not high enough.

Also, I agree with alot of what you're saying. I however feel Rock needs to stay away from the Money in the Bank scenario. I know this year is a serious exception, but the MITB is about pushing new stars. Of course, Rock can't spend time and build a relevant contention to the title, and the briefcase would be an easy way out. The Rock has star power, and in storyline, shouldn't be afraid to throw it around.

The only thing other thing I disagree with is whether or not the prestige of the title would fall, or for that matter, elevate. I don't believe it's a fact either way, and it all depends on how the title is booked in it's absence, and how the WHC is booked (not to mention, the Intercontinental title). If booked right, the WWE title could get higher regard, or if booked wrong, turns the WWE title into a MacGuffin. History, excuse my paraphrase, but you said it's the number of major titles that lead to PPV buys. I believe you could sell a PPV with at least two good storylines and one title defense, bare minimum.

Finally, excuse me if I seem overly diplomatic. That's not my style. I'd rather argue you all tooth and nail, but there's good points flying around.

The Rock is said to return on the 1000th Raw. He is going after the WWE title.Cena has MITB. Its all starting to piece together.

Rock promotes his championship pursuits for months. The Royal Rumble rolls around. The Rock enters and dominates. The pop is huge. He goes to face the WWE champion at Wrestlemania. He wins, the fans are happy that the Rock is finally WWE champ again. Cena's music hits and he cashes in. Attitude Adjustment...1...2...3!!!!
The ultimate revenge from last years mania.

Thoughts?

You are such a genius, I think that nobody could have ever thought about that idea. I have a good example why that would suck: WrestleMania IX.

Bret Hart lost his championship to Yokozuna, only to have Hulk Hogan getting himself into a match right after Bret Hart and actually beating Yokozuna in less that one minute. This was terrible booking, to this day I think that WresteMania IX was ruined by that and it's listed high on my top three list of worst wrestlemanias ever.

People will think that the briefcase will help John Cena turn heel, which is not going to happen also. We will most certainly have a good John Cena cashing it in his opportunity for a one-on-one match with CM Punk at SummerSlam. I think that the best thing to do with it, is actually making Cena the first one to fail to become world champion. It will be a good storyline, and if booked correctly it wouldn't make Cena look weak, instead of that it would hype Dolph Ziggler cash in a lot more, now that the number one face had fail it. By the time The Rock gets his chance for the championship, Cena will not have the briefcase.

I read a couple of days ago on Wrestlezone that The Undertaker got to choose who he wanted to fight at WrestleMania 29 with his streak on the line. Personally i would like not like to see him face Lesnar because they had a rivalry in the past and it would be pointless to see them fight again also Brock lost to Cena at Extreme Rules and he is probably going to lose to Triple H at Summerslam and i dont think he will accept losing to The Undertaker and i dont see Undertaker letting his streak go to Brock.

So my question is who will Undertaker face at WrestleMania and will whoever face him brake the streak?

i expected him to retire undefeated at 20-0 but he hasn't really don't know why as he only wrestles once a year which is pointless. I wouldn't mind seeing taker V Lesnar at Wrestlemania but i wouldn't expect Lesnar to win if it happened.

I read a couple of days ago on Wrestlezone that The Undertaker got to choose who he wanted to fight at WrestleMania 29 with his streak on the line. Personally i would like not like to see him face Lesnar because they had a rivalry in the past and it would be pointless to see them fight again also Brock lost to Cena at Extreme Rules and he is probably going to lose to Triple H at Summerslam and i dont think he will accept losing to The Undertaker and i dont see Undertaker letting his streak go to Brock.

So my question is who will Undertaker face at WrestleMania and will whoever face him brake the streak?

Of the three the only one I would view as a legitimate threat to the streak would be John Cena. I personally don't think Brock Lesnar cares who he faces or if he wins. The guy has no passion or respect for this business hes just here for a paycheck. Yet Cena has nothing but passion and respect for this business. If the streak was going to end it wouldn't make any sense to drop it to anyone other then Cena. Rock and Brock are not full timers and would gain nothing from ending the streak. Undertaker vs Cena at WM would truly be a 'Once in a lifetime' match IMO

Lesnar would look amazing if he defeated Undertaker, but people would still question his talent as he lost to both Cena and Goldberg. Does this mean Cena or Goldberg could beat The Undertaker?

If the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar still have legitimate heat with one another, why would the Undertaker want to give him the honor of losing to him at WrestleMania? It's not like beating him in a professional wrestling match proves he's the better man or fighter or whatever. I don't know that Mark Calaway, the person, is the type to hold grudges, but it just seems like if he legitimately has beef with Lesnar, he's not going to go out of his way to do something to benefit him.

At any rate, I think Cena or The Rock are more intriguing options anyway. But I imagine it'll end up being Lesnar with Cena/Rock going for the championship.

If The Undertaker's streak is going to continue, then it should be against the Rock or Brock Lesnar, none of those guys have anything to gain, let's face it, all they care about is the Wrestlemania paycheck, or be at Wrestlemania, but if the streak is going to end, then it should definitly be John Cena, i'm not his biggest fan, but let's face it, the guy deserve's it, no one has busted his butt for tha WWE like this guy, last year he did not deserve to job to cocky rocky, but somehow he did, and not that he needs it, but ending the Undertaker's streak would definitly benefit Cena in a big way, unlike the other superstars, he can be the only one who defeated Taker at Wrestlemania........

Whoever Undertaker will face is gonna lose hence I don't care who he faces. Brock Lesnar has already defeated Undertaker 2 times back in 2003. If Brock faces Undertaker again and lose it won't make much sense. If HBK (2 Times),HHH(3 Times), Ric Flair,Randy Orton,Kane (2 Times) etc can't end the streak then Cena shouldn't.

The only good choice is Rock vs Undertaker but it probably won't happen.

If HBK (2 Times),HHH(3 Times), Ric Flair,Randy Orton,Kane (2 Times) etc can't end the streak then Cena shouldn't.

well cena did defeat HBK, HHH and randy orton at wrestlemania so he does have a bit of credibility and cena also beat kane at no way out so there is a bit of believability that cena could end taker's streak even though he probably wont

ok guys we all know the rumors of Brock Lesnar vs The Rock , John Cena vs Undertaker and Punk vs Austin and Shaq vs Big show are the rumored matches for Wrestlemania 29, but is the WWE leaving themselfs short for the big one Wrestlemania XXX so ive came up with a few trio of main events and I want you to decide which ones should happen a WM29 and WM30,

1)Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker
The Rock vs John Cena vs CM Punk WWE title 1st ever triple threat Iron Man
Shaq vs Big Show

2)Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk
Brock Lesnar vs The Rock WWE Title
John Cena vs Undertaker Last Man Standing

3)Brock Lesnar vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock vs Randy Orton WWE Title
Undertaker vs John Cena

4)The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin IV
Undertaker vs John Cena
CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

5)Randy Orton vs John Cena WWE Title
Undertaker vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock vs Triple H Career Ending Match

6)Brock Lesnar vs Batista
Undertaker vs The Rock
John Cena vs Randy Orton WWE Title

7)John Cena vs Undertaker
CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
Randy Orton vs The Rock

ok their is my list of matches which could headline any Wrestlemania and hopefully one of them will, Here is my Pick for Wrestlemania 29 and why I Choose number 1 to headline Wrestlemania 29 because it lets Lesnar/Taker settle what ever feud on the biggest stage of them all and plus everyone know legit that Brock could beat taker cause he did it in the past and he is a Former UFC Champ and plus I want to see it, and then you have Punk/Rock/Cena I know its a Triple threat but look at it this way if they really want to make Punk a mega star then how about beat the 2 biggest star in the Wrestling buisness in a Triple Threat and retain your title.

ok Wrestlemania 30 Id like to choose number 2 because Cena/Taker Last Man Standing wow people will start thinking Cena is going to win cause taker wont have to be pinned to loose, Punk/Austin Dream Match and Rock/Lesnar well rock has never beat Lesnar on TV before and hey throw the WWE title in their and you got a storyline Brock walking into Mania as champ just like Rock walking into Summerslam as champ in 2002

wrestle mania 29 main events:

john cena vs Cm Punk {C} with special guest referee stone cold steve austin for the wwe championship.my thoughts are Cm Punk will lose the title which will build the feud between punk & austin to the next WM.

the undertaker vs the rock

brock lesnar vs triple H in a TLC match

another good matches that won't be the main events:
randy orton {C} vs chris jericho vs sheamus in a triple threat match for the world heavyweight championship
big show vs Shaquille Onea'l
kane vs alberto del rio

wrestlemania 30 main events:

the undertaker vs john cena.

Cm Punk vs stone cold steve austin

brock lesnar {C} vs the rock for the wwe championship.

jeri-show {jericho & big show} vs D-Generation X {triple H & shawn michales}.

another good matches that won't be the main event:
kane {C} vs randy orton for the world heavyweight championship.
christian vs alberto del rio with special guest referee edge
the miz & wade barret vs daniel bryan & kofi kingston {c} for the wwe tag team championship.

Lesnar would look amazing if he defeated Undertaker, but people would still question his talent as he lost to both Cena and Goldberg. Does this mean Cena or Goldberg could beat The Undertaker?

And Cena lost to Miz at Wrestlemania 27. So how can he beat Taker? :banghead:

Lesnar needs to go over Cena and 'write them wrongs' if he is to face Taker at WM29. His build needs to start at Raw tonight to see him through the next 8 months. I still maintain Cena and Brock should've drawn at Extreme Rules.

Raw - Destroys D-X
Summerslam - Beats Triple H
Survivor Series or Royal Rumble - Beats Cena (even have Lesnar enter the RR. Him and Cena could be the last 2. He could destroy Cena and then win the Rumble. And choose to challenge Taker instead of the strap!)
RTWM - Beats Kane

How would you book Brock Lesnar from now up until Wrestlemania 29? If reports are true, it looks like we will get a Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 29. For that to happen, WWE have to put his loss to Cena well and truly behind him because at the moment he is fighting off a huge loss. It is also reported that Lesnar signed up for anything between 25-35 dates but I am pretty sure WWE could dangle a golden carrott and increase these appearences should they need to....here is how I would make Brock a beast.

Raw - Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night
Brock comes out to talk to Shawn before destroying him on his own appreciation night infront of his own fans. I would have him send HBK out on a stretcher and home in an ambulance to garner nuclear heat from the crowd.

Summerslam 2012
Brock beats Triple H cleanly and in dominant fashion.

Survivor Series 2012
Team Vince vs Team Heyman. I think the Brock vs Triple H storyline could esculate. I think Laurinaitis could even be brought back...I would have Cena on Vinces team and of course Lesnar on Heymans team. Have Cena and Brock as the last two and have Lesnar pin Cena to pick up the win. He rights his wrongs from Extreme Rules.

Royal Rumble 2013
Have Brock as a surprise entrant. Have him dominate and eliminate numerous superstars. Taker returns to surprise him (gets eliminated) setting up their fued for Wrestlemania.

Elimination Chamber
Brock vs Kane. A nice warm up match for his match with Undertaker. Have him beat Kane.

Wrestlemania 29
Brock tries to end the streak.

WWE can build Brock as beating Triple H, John Cena and Kane. High momentum going into a match with Taker.

You really think Brock Lesnar has that many wrestling dates in his contract...? Yeah, neither does anyone else. SummerSlam and WM29, with a possible Royal Rumble appearance in there. Team Lesnar vs. Team Heyman is a possibility, but unlikely unless it would be a part of their "big summer angle" with CM Punk.

Sadly, I think Lesnar's booking is going to be closer to how it has been lately. Big match, big disappearance, disappointed fans.

You really think Brock Lesnar has that many wrestling dates in his contract...? Yeah, neither does anyone else. SummerSlam and WM29, with a possible Royal Rumble appearance in there. Team Lesnar vs. Team Heyman is a possibility, but unlikely unless it would be a part of their "big summer angle" with CM Punk.

Sadly, I think Lesnar's booking is going to be closer to how it has been lately. Big match, big disappearance, disappointed fans.

Do you know exactly how many he has? Were you there when he signed on the dotted line or just reading the reported dates from the dirt sheets? Yeah, didnt think so.

The guy has only appeared like 7 times. Reports suggest he signed upto anything between 24-36 dates. Easily acheiveable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back