WrestleZone Fantasy Baseball League

The draft list was made already? I thought it was randomly done when the draft occurs?

I love 4th, though. Hopefully the guy I want will still be there.

EDIT: If you can't tell what team I am, well, you then you have no common sense (I'm Stormtroopers)

The draft list was made already? I thought it was randomly done when the draft occurs?

I love 4th, though. Hopefully the guy I want will still be there.

EDIT: If you can't tell what team I am, well, you then you have no common sense (I'm Stormtroopers)

That was an option, but I thought it would add to the strategy if I randomized it and announced the order before. Now people can do mock drafts from their position and do some research to see who's going to be available.

By the way...

Official List of Teams and Managers

New York Costanzas- LJL
Backstreet Boys- Guy Compton
2 Jews 1 Penny- SSC
Stormtroopers- Stromtrooper
Huntington Liquors- JGlass
Meat Ichiban- Harthan
The Brain Busters- The Brain
Best- The Best
Incrediable Balks- Justin
BlueJaysfor3rdineast- Showtime
WhitneyHoustonAstros- WMD
Cleaned My Pujols- Thriller
Megatron- Megatron
Boston Red Skulls- Red Skull

Ok guys, sorry to sound like the dumb rookie but how exactly does the scoring system work? I see the different categories that we have but what's the value of each stat? I run my own league but we have a customized scoring system. A run scored is worth x amount of points, a RBI is worth x amount, a stolen base is worth x amount, etc. I don't see a specific value for anything here.

Ok guys, sorry to sound like the dumb rookie but how exactly does the scoring system work? I see the different categories that we have but what's the value of each stat? I run my own league but we have a customized scoring system. A run scored is worth x amount of points, a RBI is worth x amount, a stolen base is worth x amount, etc. I don't see a specific value for anything here.

Whoever has higher (or for certains stats, less) stats per category gets that point in the head-to-head match up. So let's say you have...

R- 23
HR- 6
RBI- 30
SB- 5
K (batter)- 12
Avg.- .295
W- 4
SV- 3
BB- 16
K- 34
ERA- 3.43
WHIP- 1.19

And your opponent had

R- 24
HR- 8
RBI- 32
SB- 3
K (batter)- 20
Avg.- .278
W- 5
SV- 2
BB- 12
K- 37
ERA- 3.31
WHIP- 1.02

Your opponent would be up 8-4

Understand?

GuyCompton wishes he was the Backstreet Boys!

Did I make a mistake You're the backstreet boys?

Dammit! I knew your name was Jason, I just plum forgot! My bad Merk.

So the Official Official List is...

New York Costanzas- LJL
Backstreet Boys- Merkley
2 Jews 1 Penny- SSC
Stormtroopers- Stromtrooper
Huntington Liquors- JGlass
Meat Ichiban- Harthan
The Brain Busters- The Brain
Best- The Best
Incrediable Balks- Justin
BlueJaysfor3rdineast- Showtime
WhitneyHoustonAstros- WMD
Cleaned My Pujols- Thriller
Megatron- Megatron
Boston Red Skulls- Red Skull

Whoever has higher (or for certains stats, less) stats per category gets that point in the head-to-head match up. So let's say you have...

R- 23
HR- 6
RBI- 30
SB- 5
K (batter)- 12
Avg.- .295
W- 4
SV- 3
BB- 16
K- 34
ERA- 3.43
WHIP- 1.19

And your opponent had

R- 24
HR- 8
RBI- 32
SB- 3
K (batter)- 20
Avg.- .278
W- 5
SV- 2
BB- 12
K- 37
ERA- 3.31
WHIP- 1.02

Your opponent would be up 8-4

Understand?

I think I got it. A little different than what I'm used to but I'll adapt. It's the daily moves that concern me. I think I may fall behind because of that but we'll see how it goes.

I think I got it. A little different than what I'm used to but I'll adapt. It's the daily moves that concern me. I think I may fall behind because of that but we'll see how it goes.

I'm actually surprised you've played any other way. But the good news is that you can set your lineup in advance. What I usually do is set my lineup up on Monday mornings and then check up on it throughout the week to see if someone is struggling or streaking or if they're getting a game off or something.

I'm actually surprised you've played any other way. But the good news is that you can set your lineup in advance. What I usually do is set my lineup up on Monday mornings and then check up on it throughout the week to see if someone is struggling or streaking or if they're getting a game off or something.

So you don't make daily moves with pitchers? Obviously you wouldn't want to drop your top of the rotation guys but I was thinking that you might drop a pitcher who pitched on Tuesday and pick up one who is pitching Wednesday. Then drop that pitcher after his game and pick up another one for Thursday. Does that kind of thing happen?

So you don't make daily moves with pitchers? Obviously you wouldn't want to drop your top of the rotation guys but I was thinking that you might drop a pitcher who pitched on Tuesday and pick up one who is pitching Wednesday. Then drop that pitcher after his game and pick up another one for Thursday. Does that kind of thing happen?

Yeah, you can do that. You can still set your position player lineup on Monday for each day (I know ESPN lets you change it by day ahead of time, I assume Yahoo does as well) and then just either have your pitchers switched ahead of time, or just deal with changing your pitching each day.

Is scoring updated day-to-day or tallied at the end of the week? So, let's just say for the sake of example, I have Roy Halladay pitch on Monday, but then take him out and he's on the bench at the end of the week. If Halladay ends the week on the bench, do we still get his categories scored? Or do his stats get scored Monday, and then again Tuesday, and so on?

Is scoring updated day-to-day or tallied at the end of the week? So, let's just say for the sake of example, I have Roy Halladay pitch on Monday, but then take him out and he's on the bench at the end of the week. If Halladay ends the week on the bench, do we still get his categories scored? Or do his stats get scored Monday, and then again Tuesday, and so on?

Once again, this is based on how ESPN went last year, but it is whomever plays that day. So if David Freese hits two home runs for you on Monday then you drop him from your team, you still get those 2 home runs.

Once again, this is based on how ESPN went last year, but it is whomever plays that day. So if David Freese hits two home runs for you on Monday then you drop him from your team, you still get those 2 home runs.

Okay, I see. So would it be beneficial in some circumstances to cycle out pitchers, the way Brain described?

There's a cap on the amount of moves one can make per week, and I believe the cap is set at 6. This allows for the more strategic players to do that sorta thing, but the only category they'll really benefit in is K's and W's, but it could be detrimental to ERA and WHIP and it will definitely add to their BB count.

Besides, most people don't want to spend that much time doing it.

There's a cap on the amount of moves one can make per week, and I believe the cap is set at 6. This allows for the more strategic players to do that sorta thing, but the only category they'll really benefit in is K's and W's, but it could be detrimental to ERA and WHIP and it will definitely add to their BB count.

Besides, most people don't want to spend that much time doing it.

I'm glad to hear that. I don't want to spend that much time doing it either but I don't want to put myself at a big disadvantage. I'll just go with the flow.

Ah. Seems kinda late, since the A's and M's start real games that next day (or day after). It'll work, though.

Ah. Seems kinda late, since the A's and M's start real games that next day (or day after). It'll work, though.

I know it's early enough that the Athletics/Mariners series in Tokyo still counts for scoring. JGlass wanted to let as much of spring training go by as possible, I believe.

I'm a fan of having drafts as close to the start of the regular season as possible so we get a heads up for any sort of injuries or contract disputes, or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back