Fantasy Baseball 2016

hatehabsforever

Staff member
Just wondering if there would be any interest here amongst the Wrestlezone faithful in a fantasy baseball league. We currently have fantasy leagues underway for the NHL and the NBA, and both are going pretty well. We did fantasy baseball on here a few years ago, and I would love to see us try this again for this season.

I would prefer to run such a league on yahoo, as that is where we do the other two leagues for the other sports. I would be open to suggestions as to how to conduct the league. Ideally I would like to have 10-12 guys, and probably have the draft in mid to late March.

Any takers?

And yes, I love Yahoo's fantasy baseball format. I switched to Yahoo with my buddies last year and it won me over.

Twelve would be a good number, that's what we ran last year and it was a nice competitive balance. Twelve won't be hard to reach.

Probably head to head. Especially considering I don't even know what the hell roto is lol.

Roto basically ranks every team 1-12 (assuming a 12 team league) in every category. At the end of the season, the winner gets 12 points on down to last place getting 1. Whoever has the most points wins. I think it lessens the impact of people quitting/ignoring their teams. Here's the explainer from Yahoo:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6187.html

So guys, it is time to decide if there is sufficient interest to do this. Right now we have four guys. I think we need a minimum of eight and ideally I would like ten. Opening day is Sunday so we would probably have to organize the draft for Saturday evening.

So far we have:

hatehabsforever
smizzy
Thriller Ant
Radical Canadian Goose

Any more takers?

I have done a 4 person pool before. It was hockey, but still the rosters are crazy stacked and makes for insane competition, as long as everyone participates. Not recommended, but still fun and competitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back