WrestleZone Fantasy Baseball League

JGlass

Unregistered User
And yours truly is the commissioner. PM me for details on how to get into the league.

We will use this thread for all Fantasy Baseball related talk, including draft advice, smack talk, trade negotiations, yada yada yada.

There is room for 16 teams, so get in while you can!

P.S. It's a Yahoo league.

I'd prefer dropping triples and walks. Triples because they're really weird, hard to predict, and could throw a huge kink in the league for random reasons. Walks are okay by themselves, but I'd rather keep batting and pitching stats even.

I'd like to get some more input from the rest of the league, but I'll seriously consider it.

Just to keep this all in a nice place. I think I agree with Harthan about triples. Maybe use OBP or Slugging % (if either is an option) instead and keep walks?

Just to keep this all in a nice place. I think I agree with Harthan about triples. Maybe use OBP or Slugging % (if either is an option) instead and keep walks?

OBP is too similar to batting average, but I could do slugging %.

My research tells me traditional 6 x 6 adds OBP and holds...I don't really like either of those though TBH. SLG is cool by me.

What are our other options for pitching? Walks are okay, but I feel like there's something better we could use.

Whens the plan for the draft? I know it says March 26 but I think that's a default one and I'd like to do it a tad earlier.

Whens the plan for the draft? I know it says March 26 but I think that's a default one and I'd like to do it a tad earlier.

That's another thing we need to discuss. I picked that because it's the last Monday before the season starts, and I set it for an hour before Raw. I figured we'd all be around on Monday nights, but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

I joined. My team name is pretty obvious.

And I think we absolutely, positively, certainly, need, must have holds. It gives relief pitchers a reason to exist, as well as allows you to keep closers that are potentially gonna lose their 9th inning role. Replace Walks with Holds. Or just add holds.

Also, I think OPS works over plain old Slugging % or On Base %, as it includes both.

And we should also have a 1B/3B and 2B/SS position.

Hey SSC, maybe I'll send you the league info and what not if you clear out your inbox so I can send you a PM ;)

I'm in, but that draft time doesn't work for at all, I work till 8:30 (CT), can we do it the Sun. night before?

If that doesn't work, I won't be working Mar. 9-12th, anytime on those days would work for me as well.

I'm in, but 16 teams seems a little much. At that point, you have teams scrounging for players and people like the dreaded Nick Punto become options.

I'm in, but 16 teams seems a little much. At that point, you have teams scrounging for players and people like the dreaded Nick Punto become options.

Another good point.

As for the draft, I like the idea of doing Sunday night for the draft. Mar. 9 is pretty much the only Sunday between now and the start of the season that I can't do.

Another good point.

As for the draft, I like the idea of doing Sunday night for the draft. Mar. 9 is pretty much the only Sunday between now and the start of the season that I can't do.

How does 14 sound? I want it to be to the point where there will only be a few good players floating around throughout the week so people have to play the odds more and take chances on high risk/high reward players.

I like Sunday nights too. What time (in EST please, since it's the only timezone that really matters) would folks prefer? How about 8?

How does 14 sound? I want it to be to the point where there will only be a few good players floating around throughout the week so people have to play the odds more and take chances on high risk/high reward players.

I like Sunday nights too. What time (in EST please, since it's the only timezone that really matters) would folks prefer? How about 8?

Works for me

:thumbsup:

I support the 14 team league and moving the draft to a Sunday. All is good.

What do we think of Quality Starts as a scoring category? I have no strong leanings one way or another, but I thought I'd toss it out for discussion.

How do we feel about time between draft picks? Can we go a little more to like, 2, 2 and a half minutes? As a rookie, I'd appreciate a little more time to think.

5x5 might just be enough so we don't get too many to track.

Wins
Saves
IP
K's
Total ER (lower wins)
Runs
SB
HR
RBI
Hits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online