The Wrestlezone Fantasy Baseball League Discussion Thread

Alright guys, I need some advice. Brett Anderson is now on the DL which kinda makes me a little short on pitching. I've been offered Adrian Beltre, Dallas Braden, and Mike Pelfrey for Aramis Ramirez and Chris Carpenter. I feel like its a good trade for the short term, but the long term is very iffy. Should I take the trade?

Alright guys, I need some advice. Brett Anderson is now on the DL which kinda makes me a little short on pitching. I've been offered Adrian Beltre, Dallas Braden, and Mike Pelfrey for Aramis Ramirez and Chris Carpenter. I feel like its a good trade for the short term, but the long term is very iffy. Should I take the trade?

DO NOT DO IT. Carpenter is a top 5 pitcher and you aren't getting nearly the talent back. You are getting "sell high" guys that are going to come back down to earth and have probably had their best month of the year. Plus, Beltre is doo doo. Don't do it!

OK, here's my breakdown of the 5 people involved:
Adrian Beltre: Shit
Dallas Baden: Piece of shit with only a handful of wins, who needs to grow the fuck up
Mike Pelfrey: fuckin awesome, but unproven if he can stay awesome all season.

Aramis Ramirez: off to a slow start, but a solid player
Chris Carpenter: Legit ace, but injuries could happen at any time (he missed all of 07 and 08, and pitched a full 09).

I cannot be unbiased about this trade, because Beltre is a Red Sock; and Dallas Braden is a piece of shit, and I would rather get a guy off the waiver wire then get him. However, Carpenter has a better track record then Big Pelf, and Aramis is likely a better option then Beltre, even though Beltre is on a better team.

I would think you would be better off finding pitching on the Waiver Wire. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: This isn't for the WZ league, right? Aramis Ramirez and Chris Carpenter are on separate teams in WZ league.

Naw, this is a different league, I just figured since this was a fantasy baseball thread, this might be a good place to ask questions.

I took your advice about the waiver wire, stormtrooper. Claimed Doug Fister. Gonna see if I can ride his hot streak for awhile. If he doesn't do well, I figure I can maybe give Carlos Silva a try until Anderson's back.

You can always play the waiver wire for back end pitching. If you are good, it works. Look for low WHIPs and high strikeout totals and you shouldn't be dissatisfied. I generally thrive that way as a draft lineup and closer heavy and i make up the starters with overachievers or break out stars. Fister isn't a bad option at this point (and a funny name to boot), so give him a shot and just be aware of who's out there so you can constantly upgrade your staff.

wow.

I just checked my matchup this week, and it looks like I have a pretty good chance at a sweep (much like the Orioles swept the Red Sox). Awesome.

I'm bumping this, because we need to keep talking about the league to keep it alive. TM is trying to kill it by giving away all his top players.

Oh, and I'm killing him. And MARK TEXIERA FTMFW! 3 HRs!

Fella's, I'm sorry my interest in this is dying. Its nothing against any of you. My computer broke and I can't set rosters on my phone. I have been attempting to set my rosters in advance but injuries and shit happen. I'm gonna try to stay in it but if you catch me slacking I'm sorry there's not much I can do about it...

The Theo/TM trade was fair enough which is why I processed it.

There was no way the other trade was going through though and I might lock TM's roster if he continues this bullshit.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I have Dallas Braden, he just threw a perfect game & where was he? On my fucking bench!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope nobody objects, but I set TM's roster for him, because he had three empty spots that I'm sure he wasn't going to fill any time soon.

I hope nobody objects, but I set TM's roster for him, because he had three empty spots that I'm sure he wasn't going to fill any time soon.

that's good. Especially since I just kicked his ass.

Is there any way you can boot him from the league and get someone else to take over the team? Someone who might not try to sabotage it?

I was offered a trade in another league.

James Loney and Roy Halladay to me for Jorge Cantu and Adrian Gonzalez.

Should I accept?

I went ahead and OK'd the trade because I have Adrian Beltre to play 3B and he looks like he will have a positive year.

I should rename my team the Injured Reserve because I have 7 players currently on the Disabled List.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back