• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE WrestleMania XXVIII LD - The Time Is Now

WHC: 0 stars
Rhodes/Show-2 stars
Orton/Kane-3 and a half stars
Divas: N/A
Taker/HHH: No less than 5
Ace/Long: 3 stars
Punk/Y2j: 3 stars
Rock/Cena: 4 stars

Best part of the night

No Batista/ Lesnar return. Wrestlemania is not for returns. Maybe a video package but running Lesnar at Taker/HHH or the main event would have been overkill. Now if Lesnar comes out tomorrow at raw i would scream like a lil girl.

Kelly Kelly really put on one of her better performances in that divas match, I just dislike how the celebrity comes in and always wins over an actual trained wrestler

Maria Whatever was great. Injuries and all she still looked better than Kelly in there

Agree and disagree. The match as a whole wasn't a classic, but I think it had the best finish of the night.

I liked the beginning and I liked the end, but they had nothing to do with one another.

I loved the way they began the match, and felt they did a good job of building the story, but after the first little bit, they completely dropped it and never incorporated it again into the match. It would be like writing a book and making your setting in the Medieval times, and then a third of the way through the book, change your mind and move your main characters to the 1960s, and never once revisit the Medieval ages.

Just like the whole "family" attacks Jericho laid on Punk out of nowhere, the beginning of the match just seemed completely out of place with everything else they did.

You're the idiot. You can't converse without a personal attack. Sad.

Great match, great ending. Cenerds can hate all they want. They have to live with the fact they look like that front row guy. HAHAHA!!

Says the guy running around calling all Cena fans geeks.

And you're right, Nate is nowhere near your level...of red reps.

Maria Whatever was great. Injuries and all she still looked better than Kelly in there

She did look good, especially working through the rib issues, I will give you that. As far as female celebrities they have had the last few years she is the best

Call me crazy, but a lot of people overrate HHH/Taker from last year. This years was a lot better.

Last year's HHH vs. Taker was terrible. This year's was phenomenal, and I'm not a fan of either wrestler. Putting HBK in there made a HUGE difference in the match.

I agree with Sly. Jericho/Punk was a great match, and definitely 3rd best of the night, but I feel like it wasn't very close to the level Cena/Rock and The Undertaker/HHH matches were at.

There's something else that made a big difference in the ring storytelling: putting the microphones in the ring. You could hear HHH, HBK, and Taker talking during the match, and you could hear Punk and Jericho taunting each other. It was all loud and clear, and it added to the drama. I hope they do that more in future matches.

Also, J.R. really need to be there for the Rock-Cena match. His presence could have been what was needed to push the match into five-star territory.

Where do I even begin with that Mania? Was it the best ever? No, that title still belongs to Mania 17. However, was it top five of all time? Yes, I seriously believe yes. Let's get into the matches:

Sheamus vs Bryan: Zero Stars. Seriously, what the fuck was this? Can someone honestly explain to me what the point of this was? You build up Bryan for four months. He finally starts going over with the fans. Hell, did you see those "YES" signs in the audience tonight? HE WAS OVER! Now? Jesus christ, now, he has just been bitchsmacked right back down the ladder. I am so disappointed about this, and I really hope Bryan gets a rematch at Extreme Rules, and whips Sheamus' ass.

Orton vs Kane: 2 Stars. Not bad, but not all that great either. I have never been a very big fan of Orton's work, but tonight it was okay. The chokeslam off the top was pretty awesome though.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show: 1 1/2 Stars: Liked the match, loved the fact that Cody was smart and went for the legs. Hated the ending. Having Big Show win the title does nothing for him. However, having Cody win, and keep the title, only elevates his stock even more and puts him in the main event picture. I am very disappointed.

Diva's Match: 1 1/2 Stars: Simply for Kelly Kelly. Did you see that move she pulled off the top, and that counter to the Glam Slam? Say what you want about Kelly's in-ring ability, but god damn, she works her ass off to get better and better.

HIAC: 5 Stars: What can be said about this match? The emotional highs and lows of this match had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I absolutely believed that the SCM/Pedigree combo was going to end the streak. Call me naive, but with all the recent reports of an HBK/HHH match at Mania next year, I could definitely see that being the finish. So happy it didn't end there though, and we got the end we did. Honestly, let all three of these guys retire, and have this be the match they ride out into the sunset on. The curtain call at the end brought me to tears. What an amazing sight.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy: 2 1/2 stars: I understand why Johnny won, and so I am not to bothered by that, and I love the fact that The Miz was the one who got the pinfall, but I still wish this match had gone on longer. Did Otunga even get into the ring? Loved the spot with Kofi, Ryder, and Truth? flying over the top at the same time. Yeah, good, but not great. Wish it had gone longer.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho: 4 1/2 stars: What a fantastic fugging match. Loved Jericho trying to get Punk disqualified at the beginning. Love the pace and flow of the match. It took a while for the fans to get into it, but once they did, Punk and Jericho had them in the palm of their hands and proved why they are two of the best in the ring and lead them on another emotional journey. That ending sequence was ridiculously awesome and creative, and I can't imagine the match ending in a better way. Definitely lived up to the hype in my mind.

Rock vs Cena: 4 1/2 stars: After a year of hype, this match lived up to it and then some. Absolutely shocked that Rock won, but not bothered by it. Loved the fact that both guys pulled out all the stops to win. When was the last time we saw Rock do a flying cross body? Loses half a star from me for the quick ending. I would have loved to have seen one of them tap. Just saying.

Overall: 4 stars: This was a three match show to me, and all three matches met my expectations and then some. This Mania had the potential to be one of the best ever, and while it fell short of Mania 17 to me, it is definitely one of the top five ever in my eyes, probably only behind Mania 19 as well, to me. Though, I am sure other people would put other ones ahead as well. Yeah, this was just a great show to me, and I am glad I spent the 55 bucks on it. :)

It´s one of the best if not the best Wrestlemania in the last 5 years or more.There where really good matches.
-I loved the Undertaker VS Triple H,that for me was the best of the night.

-I really liked the Punk Vs Jericho.You could even see Jericho touching Punk´s hand when they where lying down.And i can imagine why,they can be proud on what they did.

-I really liked The Rock Vs Cena too.I liked how they acted with each other.The Rock trying to do the you cant see me and the peoples elbow on Cena at the beginning and not succeeding was funny.The face of Cena impressed about the Rock,like if he wasn't expecting that the Rock would be that much in shape.And the ending now Cena trying to make fun of the Rock and the Rock using that to win :D

It was a great Wrestlemania.And i´m glad i bought the PPV.Now going to sleep,here in Tenerife its 4:30. Goodnight everyone :D

I agreed Yazloz's comment about how he disliked how celebrities always come in and beat trained wrestlers...and then I realized he was talking about the divas match, not the Main event. :)

I think the Punk/Jericho match had two problems
1) It got lost in the night's build of Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena
2) They didn't do much with the build up once the match started. The late stipulation brought it down imo. Jericho yelling at punk to hit him with the chair made him look weak

Rock looked gassed and it was because he's a lot bulkier than he was in 2003. his motions are less fluid but i hope we see him in another match where hes not as rusty.

Thankfully, they didn't try to get things 'trending worldwide' and concentrated on the event and matches.

Rock looked gassed and it was because he's a lot bulkier than he was in 2003. his motions are less fluid but i hope we see him in another match where hes not as rusty.

He's also approaching 40, and probably been juicing in his time away from wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back