WWE WrestleMania XXVIII LD - The Time Is Now

I'll say this WM was better than last year's, and it was a solid show overall.

But I wouldn't go as far to say it was an all-time great, or the best one in several years.

Rock/Cena delivered, especially due to the unexpected ending. A decent amount of the endings seemed unexpected, which was good. However, I think that made up for only decent matches. But it made up for it nonetheless, making it compelling and entertaining.

Worth the money, good show. But some people are prematurely ejaculating all over it.

The fact of the matter is that Rock is an actor who, as an action star, relies heavily on his physique. Over the last year, Rock has been the most muscular he has ever been in his life. Actors aren't required to take drug tests, and you know the WWE isn't going to test him. We also know many people agree that Rock was very tired in the match, which can be attributed to age and ring rust, but also to every steroid use.

Do I have proof he takes steroids? No. But given all the factors, I would say it's probable.

When I used the same type of conjecture to suggest Cena had done steroids in the past you called me a troll and closed the thread. Is the cop out probably really such a huge difference? Or is this just another double standard that I am "stupid" for noticing?

Eh whatever, not worth my time, enjoy the wrestlemania aftermath all.

When I used the same type of conjecture to suggest Cena had done steroids in the past you called me a troll and closed the thread. Is the cop out probably really such a huge difference? Or is this just another double standard that I am "stupid" for noticing?

Of course Cena's done steroids.

At the very least, extremely likely.

You guys are sad and ridiculous. The Rock is not on steroids, it's like JLO's ass, everything is implants.

My only problem is I would have done just about everything differently, except for the Sheamus squash, which I loved, and the diva's match, which couldn't go any other way. The celeb has to win, if you want to have them participate in the future. I would have Jericho get a cheap heel win. Going forward with this feud, Jericho lording the belt and the win over him makes more sense than Jericho whining a la Christian. I would've had Cody give Show another embarassing Mania moment, building his anger.The win and belt does nothing for Show. For me, HHH ends the Streak, just because I am sick of it. Then again, I'm the guy who was so sick of Hogan, I used to root for people like Bundy, Earthquake, Akeem, and Bossman to win, just so that orange skinned bastard would shut up for a second. Did anyone think there was a chance in Hell Team Teddy would win? Not in a million years! That's why on my card, they go over. Did anyone think Rock would let Cena go over in his hometown? I sure as hell didn't! Not in a million years! So on my card, Cena gets the duke. And since it is my card, Lesnar comes out with Paul E. and destroys not Rock, not Cena, but Brodus Clay and all the mamas with F5's, picks up a mike and says, ”Are you fucking kidding me?” and walks out.

When I used the same type of conjecture to suggest Cena had done steroids in the past you called me a troll and closed the thread.
Because your thread was trolling. You conveniently failed to mention others noticed your blatant attempt at trolling as well.

My comment wasn't intended to elicit any kind of response, but rather add to the reasons why Rock wasn't the same guy we remembered from all those years ago.

Are you really incapable of understanding the difference?

Is the cop out probably really such a huge difference? Or is this just another double standard that I am "stupid" for noticing?
Apparently you are incapable of understanding the difference.

Good idea. You've reached your response limit.

The fact that im not even upset over watching my favorite wrestler lose his final match goes to show how great this card was. I give HIAC *****, Punk/Jericho **** 1/2, and Rock/Cena ****3/4

i will say that i called a squash match happening on the card, saying sheamus/bryan could be it since sheamus' finisher can close things quickly, and they don't mind making bryan look ridiculous.

Very good Mania overall. I was supremely disappointed with Taker's physique and HBK's failure to tuck in his shirt. Brodus Clay was awesome, and I was angry that The Rock won. But I was very entertained, with the exception of the Divas match.

The HIAC was amazing. I was expecting it to be decent, but it just blew me away.

The ending? I think that's it for The Undertaker now.

Pretty sure this is built as Triple H's last match. I don't watch Raw so I could be mistaken, but that's what I have gotten out of this.

Phenomenal show. Top 3 WrestleManias of all time, definitely IMO. My ONLY complaint was the Daniel Bryan match. Other than that, everything is exactly what I expected. Looks like I'm gonna be adding another match to my VERY SHORT list of 5 star classics. Btw, Punk vs Jericho was a really good match. But i Saw some posters giving it 5 stars?! GTFO.

Sheamus vs. Bryan - N/A
Orton vs. Kane ***
Rhodes vs. Big Show **
Divas Tag Match *
Undertaker vs. HHH *****
Teddy vs. Johnny **3/4
Punk vs. Jericho ****1/4
Rock vs. Cena ****3/4

Very good Mania overall. I was supremely disappointed with Taker's physique and HBK's failure to tuck in his shirt. Brodus Clay was awesome, and I was angry that The Rock won. But I was very entertained, with the exception of the Divas match.

Watching Mania on my T.V now. Seeing that Mick Foley segment. I thought of Steam Boat Ricky in a heartbeat.

Also, I'm pretty sure we aren't ever gonna see another match from Shawn, HHH, or Undertaker ever again. WWE hyped this up as the "End of an Era" for a reason.

Just got back from Sun Life Stadium. I'm sweaty, my voice is gone, I haven't had any food or drink since noon and I have to work in less than five hours, but it's totally worth it. I don't know what the general consensus is around here but I thought this was a damn good show.

Was anyone else completely shocked that The Rock won? Because I my entire section shared a 10 second jaw drop when he did.

Oh, and the dudes with the Benoit sign I mentioned earlier actually made it the whole night and didn't get kicked out, even after numerous showings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back