• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE WrestleMania XXVIII LD - The Time Is Now

Holy shit, this WM was fucking epic. Shocked the fuck outta me to see Rock win.

Definitely in the top 5 'Manias for sure.

Punk vs. Jericho is getting way overrated. It was a solid Wrestlemania match, but it was not a great one.

I'm a sucker for goddamn near everything they did in that match. All the technical, indy style stuff. You know how it is. That finishing sequence was practically orgasmic.

You are in the ballpark Harth. I'd bump Rhodes/Show up to *** and the divas match to ** and subtract a star from Punk/Jericho but I don't have much of a complaint with it.

Kelly Kelly really put on one of her better performances in that divas match, I just dislike how the celebrity comes in and always wins over an actual trained wrestler

See above on Jericho/Punk. Show/Rhodes was too short for me to do more TBH. Divas showed some stretches of okay-ness but there were a lot of shitty sequences. I wasn't a fan.

He's also approaching 40, and probably been juicing in his time away from wrestling.

Maybe. But for a 40 year old man who was never the best wrestler, he sure did just fine tonight. Props to Cena though, great storytelling on his part during the match.

Best 'Mania since X-Seven IMO.

Cena should've won. Idk where they can go with this now unless there's going to be a rematch(Once in a Lifetime the Rock's ass).

Besides that.......

THE UNDERTAKER WON!!!!!!!!!!!! 20-0!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! THE STREAK NEVA BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a sucker for goddamn near everything they did in that match. All the technical, indy style stuff. You know how it is. That finishing sequence was practically orgasmic.

See above on Jericho/Punk. Show/Rhodes was too short for me to do more TBH. Divas showed some stretches of okay-ness but there were a lot of shitty sequences. I wasn't a fan.

I can dig it. It was a great match, I just disliked the late stipulation. I said it earlier when Jericho stood there begging Punk to smack him over the head with the chair it made him look weak. The end sequence was just masterful

I can dig it. It was a great match, I just disliked the late stipulation. I said it earlier when Jericho stood there begging Punk to smack him over the head with the chair it made him look weak. The end sequence was just masterful

I loved the opening with Jericho trying to get DQ'd. Thought that that really gave them a unique opening segment that worked beautifully with the context of the feud.

Last year's HHH vs. Taker was terrible. This year's was phenomenal, and I'm not a fan of either wrestler. Putting HBK in there made a HUGE difference in the match.

I agree. I just kept it at overrated so I wouldn't have to deal with an endless stream of hatred.

I loved the opening with Jericho trying to get DQ'd. Thought that that really gave them a unique opening segment that worked beautifully with the context of the feud.

But...why did they never bring it up again? What was the point if they were just going to pay lip service to it, and then never bother with it again?

I liked the opening, but hated how it turned out to simply be a waste of time.

But...why did they never bring it up again? What was the point if they were just going to pay lip service to it, and then never bother with it again?

I liked the opening, but hated how it turned out to simply be a waste of time.

It's a fair point, but I can accept the explanation of Jericho going for the cheap victory, then tasting blood and figuring he could beat Punk clean.

I liked the beginning and the end of Punk/Jericho and Rock/Cena wasn't as great as I thought it would be but I would give both **** easily.

Wayyy too much alcohol has been consumed but I loved this WrestleMania. Rock/Cena absolutely delivered and I absolutely marked the fuck out when Rock won and all the Cena marks shut the fuck up instantly, was brilliant. 8.5/10 I'd give the show.

Fine, probably stupid. Happy?

That doesn't make sense. What is it about you that when you get around me you resort to so much stupidity?

The fact of the matter is that Rock is an actor who, as an action star, relies heavily on his physique. Over the last year, Rock has been the most muscular he has ever been in his life. Actors aren't required to take drug tests, and you know the WWE isn't going to test him. We also know many people agree that Rock was very tired in the match, which can be attributed to age and ring rust, but also to steroid use.

Do I have proof he takes steroids? No. But given all the factors, I would say it's probable.

Is that good enough for you? Or are you not going to be content until you make a complete asshat out of yourself again?

It's not impossible that the Rock's apparent exhaustion was selling. Acting. Something he's got a little experience at.

Is there any way a heel turn for Cena, as inevitable as it seems, could be avoided at this point, with the Rock securing a win?

It's not impossible that the Rock's apparent exhaustion was selling. Acting. Something he's got a little experience at.

Both Rock and Cena are usually more high energy than they were tonight. Some of it was probably selling the "two Goliaths" story, but there were several times I thought they should push the pace a little more.

It's not impossible, but it would be uncharacteristic, and since the very beginning of the match was about building a story of how Rock wasn't rusty in kayfabe (even though he was in real life), I'm just not sure what the point would be in acting like he was tired if he wasn't.

Both Rock and Cena are usually more high energy than they were tonight. Some of it was probably selling the "two Goliaths" story, but there were several times I thought they should push the pace a little more.

It's not impossible, but it would be uncharacteristic, and since the very beginning of the match was about building a story of how Rock wasn't rusty in kayfabe (even though he was in real life), I'm just not sure what the point would be in acting like he was tired if he wasn't.

:shrug:

I think the "two Goliaths" explanation is pretty viable. In terms of the wider narrative, it makes sense for Rocky to be exhausted, too. Not only does Cena have to deal with getting beaten by the Rock, he has to deal with getting beaten by an out of shape, gassed Rock, making it even worse for him.

Not that I'm saying this is absolutely true, but it's a possible alternative explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back