• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE WrestleMania XXVIII LD - The Time Is Now

That was fucking awesome. I don't know what other people are talking about, Rock-Cena was solid from beginning to end. The fans were hugely into it, more than they were for any match, and they had a lot of great nearfalls. Match of the nigh...t, though Trips-Taker and Punk-Jericho were also amazing. Definitely each one of those matches lived up to expectations of being ****+. The first hour was trash though. The divas match shouldn't have taken place, Cody should have faced Orton instead while Show and Kane should have been thrown into the tag match. That would have freed up time to give us a proper World Heavyweight Championship match. I partly have to blame Orton's ego for demanding a match no one was excited for that should not have gotten more time than a world title match. Rhodes-Show was pretty decent, about as much as what I expected from Show, and I kind of liked the moment with Show when he kissed his wife after winning the title. Made me feel a bit sentimental. Then the tag match was what I expected: a short and sweet, spotty tag match. It took too long to get to the spots, though the triple rolling senton and that fucking 450 bump out of the Monkey Flip were incredible. In all, this WrestleMania had the best main event matches of any WrestleMania in years, but there was nothing for the mid-card to hang its hat on. Definitely worth the cash moneys though.

Right, if Orton was so egotistical with demanding a match, then why did he lose? Your logic doesn't make much sense. I'm sure WWE had a perfectly good reason for booking that match.

Gut star ratings:

WHC - -*****
Orton/Kane - ***
Rhodes/Show - **1/2
Divas - *1/2
HIAC - *****
12 Man - ***
Punk/Jericho - *****
Cena/Rock - ****1/2

Three MOTYC? Not bad at all.

You're seriously the only person this concerned with who won the match. I am a massive Cena mark. I am also better than you in every IMAGINABLE way, but I am not the least bit disappointed in the outcome. It was a great match with a clean ending, that's all I wanted.

No kindly get off of your mom's computer for the night. You have school tomorrow and the big kids are trying to have a discussion.
Keep dreaming that you're even on my level. Nice personal attack, btw, which is forbidden here.

And of course I loved the match, I'm a WRESTLING fan! This was a great WM for true fans. If u did like the match, then cheers. If you're gonna personal attack, then u got problems.

Read my other posts, idiot. I called the event third best behind Mania 17 and 19, gave Rock-Cena 4.25 stars, and praised the finish because it showed Cena losing due to overconfidence and playing to the crowd, forcing him to second-guess himself.

I ain't mad at the match. It was great. I just think that every post you have ever stuck on this forum has been nothing but digital feces.

You're the idiot. You can't converse without a personal attack. Sad.

Great match, great ending. Cenerds can hate all they want. They have to live with the fact they look like that front row guy. HAHAHA!!

Only complaint is the outdoor stadium. When it's loud, it's loud. But when the crowd settles down a bit you can hear a pin drop

My star count:

WHC match: zero starts
Orton-Kane: ***1/4
Rhodes-Big Show: **1/2
Divas: **
Ace vs. Long: *3/4
HIAC: *****
Punk vs. Y2J: ****1/4
Cena vs. Rock: ****1/4

Show Rating: ****1/2

I would agree with this... I would given big show match another star.

Also how many in IWC didn't want another HHH/Taker? yet it was one of the BEST matches of the night.. AGAIN.

This wrestlemania was great.. more than one quality match and the fans were into it..

Show was fantastic, top to bottom. I mean, I did get a good laugh out of all of the "yes" in the Bryan vs. Sheamus match. I'm happy Rock won, and I thought that they put on a very exciting match. That match and the HIAC match actually had me nervous at spots in the match. The spot with The Undertaker, HHH, and HBK on the ramp was fantastic too. Great Wrestlemania overall, I thought.

Gut star ratings:

WHC - -*****
Orton/Kane - ***
Rhodes/Show - **1/2
Divas - *1/2
HIAC - *****
12 Man - ***
Punk/Jericho - *****
Cena/Rock - ****1/2

Punk vs. Jericho is getting way overrated. It was a solid Wrestlemania match, but it was not a great one.

Gut star ratings:

WHC - -*****
Orton/Kane - ***
Rhodes/Show - **1/2
Divas - *1/2
HIAC - *****
12 Man - ***
Punk/Jericho - *****
Cena/Rock - ****1/2

You are in the ballpark Harth. I'd bump Rhodes/Show up to *** and the divas match to ** and subtract a star from Punk/Jericho but I don't have much of a complaint with it.

Kelly Kelly really put on one of her better performances in that divas match, I just dislike how the celebrity comes in and always wins over an actual trained wrestler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back