10 man tag match, Canadian Stampede, 1997

British Bulldog Vs Bret Hart, SummerSlam, 1992

Chris Benoit Vs Triple H Vs HBK, Wrestlemania 20, 2004

Rey Mysterio Vs Chris Jericho, WWE Extreme Rules, 2009

Shelton Benjamin Vs HBK, Gold Rush torunament, 2005

Eddie Guererro Vs Rey Mysterio, Halloween Havoc, 1997

May be adding Punk vs Cena to it after a few more watches

Bret Hart gets the nod 4 times, eh?

Is the Shelton/HBK match you mentioned the one where Shawn hits Sweet Chin Music on Shelton off of a springboard? I've seen that match, and while it's very good, I wouldn't give it 5 stars, but to each their own.

Haven't seen the 10 man tag match or either of the Mr. Perfect/Bret Hart matches. I think I've seen Stone Cold/Bret Hart at Survivor Series, but I'm not positive, so I'll watch that one tonight before bed.

Bret Hart gets the nod 4 times, eh?

Is the Shelton/HBK match you mentioned the one where Shawn hits Sweet Chin Music on Shelton off of a springboard? I've seen that match, and while it's very good, I wouldn't give it 5 stars, but to each their own.

Haven't seen the 10 man tag match or either of the Mr. Perfect/Bret Hart matches. I think I've seen Stone Cold/Bret Hart at Survivor Series, but I'm not positive, so I'll watch that one tonight before bed.

Aye, that be the one. Watch it again, with a more developed, mature taste in what is good. That match is off the fucking charts, maybe the best tv match ever. The story it told, the edge of the seat booking, just holy shit.

That tag match is sheer fucking brilliance. THE hottest crowd in history. And thats not, uh, something that is the least bit debated. Anyone who has seen it, agrees. Hidden gem, to be sure.

and oh wow man....Havent seen EITHER of the Hart-Perfect matches? Must see, required veiwing bro

Also, I dont doubt you just forgot the SCSA-Hart match from Survivor Series, because its sequel is so famous. The WM match was the bigger deal, but the Survivor Series match is a better match, overall. Another gem not many people know about.

I've actually started a list of wrestling matches that I need to watch, so all of these are going on there. It's one of those lists that I'll probably never actually finish because every time I get close more matches will be added, but that just adds to the fun of it.

Mr.Perfect Vs Bret Hart, SummerSlam, 1991

Mr.Perfect Vs Bret Hart, King Of The Ring, 1993

Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Bret Hart, Survivor Series, 1996

10 man tag match, Canadian Stampede, 1997

British Bulldog Vs Bret Hart, SummerSlam, 1992

Chris Benoit Vs Triple H Vs HBK, Wrestlemania 20, 2004

Rey Mysterio Vs Chris Jericho, WWE Extreme Rules, 2009

Shelton Benjamin Vs HBK, Gold Rush torunament, 2005

Eddie Guererro Vs Rey Mysterio, Halloween Havoc, 1997

May be adding Punk vs Cena to it after a few more watches

Not one Kurt Angle match.... interesting. I would have thought for sure Angle vs. Kennedy from Lockdown would have made the list after you praised that match to death when it happened, lol.

My Five Star Matches
---------------------

Savage vs. Steamboat, WrestleMania III

Ric Flair vs. Steamboat, WrestleWar '89

Mr. Perfect Vs Bret Hart, SummerSlam 1991

British Bulldog Vs Bret Hart, SummerSlam 1992

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, WrestleMania X

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 12

Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Bret Hart, Survivor Series 1996

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart, WrestleMania 13

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock, WrestleMania 17

John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 23

Man you guys are stingy.

It'd take me an hour to think up of all the matches I consider 5 star worthy, lol.

Though, I'm glad Nick added Cena vs. Michaels from Wrestlemania 23 to his list. Not positive if I would give it 5 stars, but that match is highly underrated in my eyes.

Man you guys are stingy.

It'd take me an hour to think up of all the matches I consider 5 star worthy, lol.

Though, I'm glad Nick added Cena vs. Michaels from Wrestlemania 23 to his list. Not positive if I would give it 5 stars, but that match is highly underrated in my eyes.

I was in Detroit, so I'm probably going a bit high.

5-Star has to be special. Outside of yourself and Xfear (maybe tdigs), I think I've watched (at least) as much wrestling as anyone around here. I just can't bring myself to throw the 5-Star label around.

Not one Kurt Angle match.... interesting. I would have thought for sure Angle vs. Kennedy from Lockdown would have made the list after you praised that match to death when it happened, lol.

Sadly, ive only seen it once. I cant give a match that rating when marking so hard over it, i dont feel like its fair. Hence why i have to see Cena nd Punk a couple more times

Sadly, ive only seen it once. I cant give a match that rating when marking so hard over it, i dont feel like its fair. Hence why i have to see Cena nd Punk a couple more times

Wouldn't that be the best time to rate the match? The point of a match is to get the viewer invested in it, and if you were marking out the wrestlers were obviously succeeding.

That Anderson/Angle match was insane, though. Probably one of my favorite TNA matches ever. Anderson took a beating that match and he was really entertaining during this time.

Wouldn't that be the best time to rate the match? The point of a match is to get the viewer invested in it, and if you were marking out the wrestlers were obviously succeeding.

That Anderson/Angle match was insane, though. Probably one of my favorite TNA matches ever. Anderson took a beating that match and he was really entertaining during this time.

Absolutely not. When in that mood its very easy to overrate something, and not fairly and properly evaluate it. Im more than happy to do on-the-spot 4 1/2 star ratings, but you have to watch it a few times to go with something a proclaim a match an all time classic.

Well...fuck if we're all postin' 5 star matches, I'll post my list. It's been recently updated (added Punk/Cena, removed the Dragon Gate six-man from Supercard of Honor 06)

WWE
3/29/87 Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
1/11/94 Bret Hart/Owen Hart vs. Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner
3/20/94 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
3/20/94 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder)
8/27/95 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder)
3/23/97 Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Submission)
10/5/97 Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)
10/17/99 Edge/Christian vs. Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy (Ladder)
1/23/00 Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (Street Fight)
8/27/00 Edge/Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz (Tables, Ladders, & Chairs)
1/21/01 Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho (Ladder)
8/25/02 Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (Street Fight)
1/19/03 Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit
4/3/05 Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
7/17/11 CM Punk vs. John Cena

TNA
9/11/05 AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels

ROH
4/12/03 Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London (2/3 Falls)
10/16/04 CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe

WCW/NWA/Jim Crockett Promotions
11/28/85 Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard (I Quit)
1/20/87 Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham
2/20/89 Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat
4/2/89 Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (2/3 Falls)
5/7/89 Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair
11/15/89 Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk (I Quit)
2/29/92 Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Liger
5/17/92 Sting/Nikita Koloff/Ricky Steamboat/Barry Windham/Dustin Rhodes vs. Rick Rude/Steve Austin/Arn Anderson/Bobby Eaton/Larry Zbyszko (War Games)
10/26/97 Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio Jr. (Title vs. Mask)

AJPW
6/6/89 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Genichiro Tenryu
10/11/89 Kenta Kobashi/Joe Malenko vs. Doug Furnas/Dan Kroffat
6/8/90 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
9/1/90 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Jumbo Tsuruta
8/31/93 Kenta Kobashi vs. Steve Williams
5/21/94 Mitsuharu Misawa/Kenta Kobashi vs. Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue
6/3/94 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada
12/6/96 Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa/Jun Akiyama
6/6/97 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada
12/5/97 Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa/Jun Akiyama
10/31/98 Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
6/11/99 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi

NJPW
12/11/75 Antonio Inoki vs. Billy Robinson
1/31/90 Jushin Liger vs. Naoki Sano
4/16/94 The Great Sasuke vs. Chris Benoit
7/8/94 Jushin Liger vs. Great Sasuke
4/29/96 The Great Muta vs. Jinsei Shinzaki
6/5/97 El Samurai vs. Koji Kanemoto

NOAH
7/27/01 Jun Akiyama vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
3/1/03 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi
7/10/04 Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama
7/18/05 Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki
10/29/06 KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji
10/25/08 Naomichi Marufuji vs. KENTA

All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling
8/22/85 Lioness Asuka vs. Jaguar Yokota
8/15/92 Manami Toyota vs. Toshiyo Yamada
11/20/94 Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota

Michinoku Pro
10/10/96 TAKA Michinoku/Shiryu/Dick Togo/Sho Funaki/Men's Teioh vs. Gran Naniwa/Super Delfin/Tiger Mask IV/Gran Hamada/Masato Yakushiji

Yep.

I just rewatched Shelton/HBK (because it's too late for Austin/Hart), and I still wouldn't give it 5 stars, but it is better than I remembered it. They spent too much time lying on the mat given how short the match was for my liking, and HBK was overselling, more than usual.

X, didn't you add one of the Angle/Jarrett matches to the 5 star list?

Angle/Jarrett? Nah. I had the Angle/Anderson cage match from last year on there for a few months, but on a re-viewing I downgraded it to ****3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back