WWE RAW 11/28/2011 - Chicago vs. Mexico in a Battle for Wrestling Supremacy

So, I have a problem with the stipulation in this match. The idea that the champion shouldn't be allowed to disqualify himself should be used to protect the face. After all, disqualifying yourself to protect your title reign is a heel tactict. The ideal face champion fights with pride and dignity. There should be no point for a face to disqualify himself. The booking here is entirely backwards.

So, I have a problem with the stipulation in this match. The idea that the champion shouldn't be allowed to disqualify himself should be used to protect the face. After all, disqualifying yourself to protect your title reign is a heel tactict. The ideal face champion fights with pride and dignity. There should be no point for a face to disqualify himself. The booking here is entirely backwards.

Heel/face has been totally undermined in the last few years. The meanings of the words are really entirely different now.

Is Kevin Nash still on this show?

Anyway, overall good RAW. Some good segments, especially the opening and Bryan's. Missed Ryder's match because whenever he comes out I take my piss break as opposed to others who do it during the Diva's bouts. Ziggler winning was brilliant. No Cody Rhodes either tonight which is kind of disappointing, however one of the better RAW's in the last while.

Heel/face has been totally undermined in the last few years. The meanings of the words are really entirely different now.

Evidently. Don't get me wrong, I dig Punk. But the stipulation makes him look weak, which is opposite. Face guys should be the strong, honorable guys while the heels should be the weaker, sneaky, unfair advantage seeking guys. But hey, biggest wrestling company in the world. I guess they've figured something out.

For me that was just a 'meh' Raw. Half of it felt like a promo for SD and the other half did have it's good points but it still seemed dialled in a little and I really want to know about all these supposed rewrites.

Again we had no HHH/Nash. No Brodus Clay (his 'meal' was given to The Miz). Del Rio is still dumb. There's no answer as to why Johnny Ace seems to have such poor signal wherever he goes as his texts never seem to amount to anything. And Ryder isn't US Champion yet despite being more than ready for it and Ziggler is now too big for the US Title.

It's like The Miz with the US Title this time last year. He needs to lose it before he can move on but he needs to lose it in a way that doesn't negatively effect his push/build but Ziggler doesn't have the MitB like Miz did so possibly he could win the King of the Ring? I don't know but this Raw felt average for a Raw show but from a SD perspective, I'm really interested now.

Didn't get a lot of this show. The Piper/Cena segment was well acted, but... they weren't really booing Cena. Interesting how that happens when you're looking for the exact opposite. Ziggler/Orton was solid, I'm liking the Barrett/Orton feud. Main event put me to sleep. Love me some Punk, but Del Rio has to be the most boring motherfucker on the planet, in and out of the ring.

I actually respect Morrison a bit more for going out like that, meaning not like a loser but actually trying. Punk is awesome as always, Del Rio needs to change his gimmick as he is actually good in the ring. Miz, really needs another title push and I would love to see The Miz vs CM Punk for the WWE Title at Mania. Not sure if they ever had a proper feud.

Evidently. Don't get me wrong, I dig Punk. But the stipulation makes him look weak, which is opposite. Face guys should be the strong, honorable guys while the heels should be the weaker, sneaky, unfair advantage seeking guys. But hey, biggest wrestling company in the world. I guess they've figured something out.

You seem to have missed the point of the stipulation. The point, as King pointed out, was that the stipulation was totally unnecessary - CM Punk would never intentionally get himself disqualified. It was a result of Team Laryngitis' bullshit legalise and overthinking, not an actual suspicion that Punk would take the easy way out. The match itself even got this across when Del Rio tossed Punk a chair to try and get the title back the easy way, but Punk just tossed it right back and bumped onto the mat.

Up to Cole/Bryan at the moment. Thus far a very entertaining show though I am dissapointed that Brodus did not crush Morrison.
I preferred what Miz did, to be honest. Made him look like a beast. Brodus can squash any local jobber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back