WWE 13 Hype Thread

From the looks of it the only thing I'm ever going to do in WWE13 is play universe mode. 18 more hours. Damn Australia. That 50% off fan axes better be in the Aussie PS+ store.

Just finished the "Rise of D-X" portion of Attitude Era mode, with all the historical achievements and extras. The extras with Billy Gunn and Road Dogg were pretty fun; glad they included them. I want to finish these modes before I do anything else, so I can have all the characters unlocked to play Universe mode and stuff.

Been watching a stream all day. Oh MAN, the graphics are gorgeous in motion this year, and they've done so many small things like making Irish Whips look better. Arena Customization is also absolutely insane. One of my favorite features though is probably being able to catch and reverse diving moves. It was AWESOME whenever someone could pull that off.

Things like using custom arenas online or paint tool easily online is great as well. So many cool additions. Friday can't come soon enough.

Been watching a stream all day. Oh MAN, the graphics are gorgeous in motion this year, and they've done so many small things like making Irish Whips look better. Arena Customization is also absolutely insane. One of my favorite features though is probably being able to catch and reverse diving moves. It was AWESOME whenever someone could pull that off.

Things like using custom arenas online or paint tool easily online is great as well. So many cool additions. Friday can't come soon enough.

I just rolled through Daniel Bryan's LaBell Lock and hit a Brainbuster for the win. As Austin Aries. In the Impact Zone. I am sold on this game. xD

In case there's anybody else on the planet that cares - not likely - "Legends Tag 2" works pretty well for Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal for a 3MB entrance. For whatever reason, Drew McIntyre isn't in the first draft of the game. :disappointed:

Wish I could get the game.

Fucking Sandy left me without power since Monday night. Thus getting the game is pointless (and impossible. Since 90% of Long Island is without power).

Okay people who have the game. I am undivided on if I should get it or not. I was a bit underwhelmed after having WWE '12 for a few weeks. Is this a game I will want to play in the future, or just beat a few things and get bored with it?

Tell me about the Universe mode. I used to spend hours on in playing GM Mode on SvR 06, 07, and 08. Mostly '07. Universe is the closest thing they have to that. I haven't really played enough of the last few games to know anything about universe or any other modes. Elaborate for me.

It wasnt quiiiiite what I was hoping for, but still awesome. Especially for anyone looking to make an ecw brand, you could easily make a pretty fuckin badass one.

There are a TON of little details that are great this year, with the character models and their mannerisms. Douchebag attitude era rock in particular is awesome, and this is easily one. Of the best HBK models wee have ever seen.

Only playing universe mode bc I don't particularly give a fuck about the attitude era in geneeral, but I'm loving the game. Will especially like it when the dlcs are out and a decent reserve of top notch CC caws are out to pad my roster with.

HGR, is that a proper Austin Aries you got ahold of, or is it somewhat amateur? Usually tak a week for the real good ones to come out

I hear that if you use the indy arena and a certain stage, and you remove everything, you can get something close to the old ECW brick-wall entrance. How true is this?

Hell, how is removing things from the stage in general? I know you can remove the Smackdown fist and it reveals a big hole.

I hear that if you use the indy arena and a certain stage, and you remove everything, you can get something close to the old ECW brick-wall entrance. How true is this?

Hell, how is removing things from the stage in general? I know you can remove the Smackdown fist and it reveals a big hole.

I did the ECW thing, it was a Survivor Series stage and the indy crowd. I removed everything but the wall and the video screen above it and it just goes black, like a curtain kind of. It worked though.

Haven't tried the Smackdown fist yet though.

Wish I could get the game.

Fucking Sandy left me without power since Monday night. Thus getting the game is pointless (and impossible. Since 90% of Long Island is without power).

Woo Woo Woo...

Okay people who have the game. I am undivided on if I should get it or not. I was a bit underwhelmed after having WWE '12 for a few weeks. Is this a game I will want to play in the future, or just beat a few things and get bored with it?

Tell me about the Universe mode. I used to spend hours on in playing GM Mode on SvR 06, 07, and 08. Mostly '07. Universe is the closest thing they have to that. I haven't really played enough of the last few games to know anything about universe or any other modes. Elaborate for me.

Undivided...not the word you were looking for. Universe Mode is a lot of fun. I never used it in WWE '12 because I thought it was pointless. I thought it was just like exhibition, only it tried to take the form of a match card. I can't speak on last years, but WWE '13 does a really good job making it fun and interesting. It's not going to be like watching television, and the stories are pretty damn basic - oh look, a guy ran in to beat somebody up, or a tag team partner turned on his friend - but it is cool to see the cards unfold building up to the PPV. You don't have to play every match, but it's worth it I think. You start off by building your rosters, pretty much however you want. The game with auto-generate a match card for each show, every week. You can change them, which I did to tell the game what I wanted for my first few shows. But then it starts to get the feel for what you're trying to go for. It keeps track of wins/loses by a momentum bar. You'll see Randy Orton vs. Big Show one week, and the next week you'll see the winner of that match facing the Champion. If he wins, you'll see him in a #1 Contenders match the next week; again at the PPV for the title if he wins that. It's not THAT cut and dry, but you get the picture. It's not just random matches, there's a definite flow to it, if you take the time to play some of them and make sure you don't simulate too many matches. I did that for two months, just to see what would happen. Rakishi and Val Venis are my current WWE and World Champions, respectively. And R-Truth beat Brock Lesnar for the US Title. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS WWE '13!

HGR, is that a proper Austin Aries you got ahold of, or is it somewhat amateur? Usually tak a week for the real good ones to come out
I'm torn on the CAW, actually. It's the most downloaded CAW - or at least it was when I got it - but the face is off. Looks kind of like the guy tried, but just settled with the right hair, facial hair, and gave up on the rest of his face. It's usuable, until a better one comes out. I will so, though, that the guy who did his moveset was spot-on. And I don't just mean he made sure all his moves are there; with the complexity of creating movesets these days, it's an art form to make one for a CAW that feels fluid. My personal CAW feels like crap. All the moves I wanted are there, but getting them all in the right slots is just maddening. This is perfect, and I've had some of the best matches with him. Also, both "Austin" and "Aries" are announcer choices, so his full name is available for entrance. Pretty badass.

TL;DR - He has a cape, the right entrance, and his move set is better than 1/2 the real roster. He'll do until something better comes along.

Woo Woo Woo...

Undivided...not the word you were looking for. Universe Mode is a lot of fun. I never used it in WWE '12 because I thought it was pointless. I thought it was just like exhibition, only it tried to take the form of a match card. I can't speak on last years, but WWE '13 does a really good job making it fun and interesting. It's not going to be like watching television, and the stories are pretty damn basic - oh look, a guy ran in to beat somebody up, or a tag team partner turned on his friend - but it is cool to see the cards unfold building up to the PPV. You don't have to play every match, but it's worth it I think. You start off by building your rosters, pretty much however you want. The game with auto-generate a match card for each show, every week. You can change them, which I did to tell the game what I wanted for my first few shows. But then it starts to get the feel for what you're trying to go for. It keeps track of wins/loses by a momentum bar. You'll see Randy Orton vs. Big Show one week, and the next week you'll see the winner of that match facing the Champion. If he wins, you'll see him in a #1 Contenders match the next week; again at the PPV for the title if he wins that. It's not THAT cut and dry, but you get the picture. It's not just random matches, there's a definite flow to it, if you take the time to play some of them and make sure you don't simulate too many matches. I did that for two months, just to see what would happen. Rakishi and Val Venis are my current WWE and World Champions, respectively. And R-Truth beat Brock Lesnar for the US Title. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS WWE '13!

Undecided, i know. Don't know what happened there.

Just went to KMart to get the game. They had it for Xbox, but were sold out for PS3. Looks like I'm stopping at Gamestop on my way to work.

I'm so glad that the menu music rotates through entrance themes, got so sick of the damn same track playing over and over in wwe12.

You can get Drew Mcintyres theme during the menu's lol... They could at least hide the fact that they with hold the wrestlers to get money.

and there is no Grand Master Sexay in the dlc part. Heh.

Really? I have Grand Master Sexay. He is currently challenging Kane & Daniel Bryan for the tag team titles, along with S2H in WWE Universe mode.

Its probably a problem with the Aussie Version.

Alright after two hours of messing around most wrestlers have the themes i want them to have, some movesets made better, fixed my universe up. Now to play the game.

Del Rio - Face
Bossman - Heel
Big Show - Heel
Billy Gun - Face
Booker - Face
Bret - Face
Bulldog - Face
Brock Jace (CAW) - Heel
Brock Lesnar - Heel
Brodus Clay - Face
CActus Jack - Face
Jericho 2012 - Face
Christian - Face
Rhodes - Face
Daniel Bryan - Face
Otunga - Heel
DDP - Face
Ziggles - Heel
Edge - Face
Goldust - Face
Hunico - Heel
Swagger - Heel
JBL - Heel
Cena - Face
Kane - Face
Shamrock - Heel
Kofi - Face
Mark Henry - Heel
Vinnie Mac- Heel
Orton -Face
Rikishi - Face
Road Dogg - Face
S2H - Face
Shane'o Mac- Heel
HBK - Face
Sheamus - Heel
Austin - Face
Miz - Face
Rock - Heel
HHH - Heel
Barrett - Heel
X-pac - heel
Ryder - face

World Champ - Brock Jace
IC - Orton
Tag - Christian & Otunga
Hardcore - DB
Internet - Ryder

Tag Teams -
Del Rio & Brodus Clay
Ziggles & Swagger
NAO
HHH/Sheamus/X-Pac
Vince/Shane/Rock/Bossman/Shamrock
Cena & Ryder
(obviously will add more, would have too cool but i already explained that)

Don't care about the womens division. I have a single roster.

Raw on Monday's
Original Smackdown as a Minor on Wednesday's
Raw is War as a Minor on Saturday

I just noticed the Aussie store doesn't have Gangrel either.... No Sexay nor Gangrel make me rather annoyed. I mean the American store had them right? Where are my dlc character that i payed for thq.

Haven't done too much with the game yet. Played a few singles matches, made Super Dragon and my WZCW guy,
and made an ECW arena. Prob get more into it the next few days.

I was going to get this but FIFA 13 grabbed my attention. I'll probably pick it up around Christmas time.

I had GMS on my menu & when I downloaded DDP, he disappeared.

Ah so fan axes fucked up the download page replacing gms&gangrel with ddp/goldust. Now how long will this take to fix..

Just did a 6 man tag Edge/Christian/Otunga vs Mark Henry/Ziggles/Swagger.

After Edge, Otunga and Mark Henry were eliminated well Christian got eliminated. This lead to Ziggles and Swagger attacking the ref until Swagger got DQ'd. Leaving ziggles as a very confused ai since all his opponents had been eliminated yet the match kept going.... Um THQ wth.

I am fucking desperate to get this game!

I've just seen the video for Gangrel's Impaler DDT and it looks a thing of beauty. As I have been using the Edgecution for my CAWs finisher for years, I'm looking forward to using the actual Impaler this year!

This arena custamisation sounds pretty sweet too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back