WWE 13 Discussion

Speaking on this game, is anyone going to buy the Austin 3:16 Edition of the game? It is up on wweshop right now for pre-order and i believe through wweshop is the only way you can buy it. I didn't see it on gamestops website or anywhere else. I think im getting the one minus the stone cold shirt

I've pre-ordered the Mike Tyson edition on Amazon UK, should be dispatched tomorrow hopefully, and be with me Saturday at the latest if not the next day (Amazon promise next day delivery, but Royal Mail fucks up and delivers the day after).

I got Mike Tyson as a download and I didn't even pre-order. I just went to Walmart and it came with the game.

I've only played a little bit of Attitude Era and I don't feel like spoiling it for anyone so I'm just going to say from what I've played it's awesome so far.

You have to unlock a lot of the Attitude era stars in the game but I bought the Axxes thing or whatever it's called and unlocked them that way. I've mostly only played with Attitude era stars and plan to continue to do that.

I was a little disappointed that there is no Ricardo visible for ADR. I thought that would have been a nice touch.

I haven't played any matches in universe mode yet but I did check out the layout. It looks pretty cool.

This game made me feel like a kid again and there is so much left to do. If you're playing just to have fun and use stars from the past that we wouldn't get otherwise then I would pick it up.

The servers were down last night when I tried to go online so I don't know how online is. I wouldn't be able to compare it to last year because I didn't go online last year.

I got Mike Tyson as a download and I didn't even pre-order. I just went to Walmart and it came with the game.

I've only played a little bit of Attitude Era and I don't feel like spoiling it for anyone so I'm just going to say from what I've played it's awesome so far.

You have to unlock a lot of the Attitude era stars in the game but I bought the Axxes thing or whatever it's called and unlocked them that way. I've mostly only played with Attitude era stars and plan to continue to do that.

I was a little disappointed that there is no Ricardo visible for ADR. I thought that would have been a nice touch.

I haven't played any matches in universe mode yet but I did check out the layout. It looks pretty cool.

This game made me feel like a kid again and there is so much left to do. If you're playing just to have fun and use stars from the past that we wouldn't get otherwise then I would pick it up.

The servers were down last night when I tried to go online so I don't know how online is. I wouldn't be able to compare it to last year because I didn't go online last year.

Cue mass bitching about the servers over at gamefaqs.com, but meh, they all FAIL at life anyway.

Roll on the weekend when I'll be playing this and racking up achievements (I'll even try and do the online ones).

Does anyone know where the created entrances would be kept after saving it? I was trying to replace Paul Wight's entrance with a created entrance but I can't do it.

Does anyone know where the created entrances would be kept after saving it? I was trying to replace Paul Wight's entrance with a created entrance but I can't do it.

Creations>Entrance>Superstar>Paul Wight>Select Easy Creation or Advanced creation>Select the options you and make sure you save when you're done.

That should work.

I got it the day it came out and I like it, the gameplay is nearly identical to 12's gameplay. The only issues I have are in attitude era mode the cpu player's manager never gets kicked out making it very annoying to finish a match when the ref automatically stops at 2 to argue with the manager and the required finish is a pin (took me 40 minutes to finish the first smackdown episode main event).

Also I live in Pittsburgh and the most famous wrestling thing to ever happen here was the Mankind/Undertaker hell in the cell match at king of the ring 1998 and in the game they list the event taking place in Philadelphia. Those are my only 2 complaints, I like everything else about the game.

I've had the game since release and I really like it. This is probably the most I have enjoyed a game since SVR 2007. The last few years I have played through the horrid story modes and then the game went right on the shelf aside from playing a match once in a blue moon. This game will stay in my 360 for a good while. I finished Attitude mode already but that's my fault for rushing when I know there are things to unlock. I thoroughly enjoyed that mode though. Universe is great this year, the first time I have bothered to play it more than a few times just to see the cutscenes. Speaking of cutscenes, that's actually the worst part, they seem as generic as always although there is this claim that Heyman was involved in writing for the Universe mode. Doesn't seem like anything special. But I actually took the time to make my own universe this year. Back to the old Raw and SD sets, no more puke-pile HD screen stages. Got rid of the ugly WWE title. Fired people I hate. Brought in Attitude era guys. I honestly have much more fun with this game than tuning into real programming these days.

I've got the game on the 30th... same day release, along with AC3... and I didn't even bother opening AC3. Though I've not really had reason to do so. Anyways, my thoughts on this game.

Universe mode, along with the creation suite, makes this game very desirable by any, and I do mean any pro-wrestling fan. It's probably the single most amazing thing in the entire history of wrestling games. Past Universes were very lacking, and they didn't give you much options. It got kind of dull and boring.

This year, they've added so much customizations that it makes the experience much better. For example, I created another promotion... based off of a local one here. I run the shows on Thursdays, after erasing Superstars for Main Event on Wednesdays. I think it's pretty neat being able to edit shows and such. I also like the title editor, as it's not exactly a full on create a title, but it's still great. There are some great choices for customizing.

I'd say that with the new Create an Arena, Championship Editor, and of course the CAS mode... things are just amazing for the Universe mode.

As for the Attitude Era, I haven't gotten that far into it. In fact, I've just reached the Mankind saga. Which, to be honest, wasn't that great of a build up imo back then... but it's still fun to relive those moments. A down side to the game is the fact that there is no emphasis on the tag team division, or even the IC title... it's all based around the WWF title scene. I understand that big things happened back then concerning the title, but I would've loved to play as Edge when he won his first WWE single's title....

Overall, I love the game and think it's a great pick up for wrestling fans. There are some glitches in the game, but that's always going to happen. Nothing you can do can make a perfect game. To me, they're not minor glitches and aren't deal breakers.

What might be a deal breaker for some, is the lack of current WWE superstars. Alex Riley and Evan Bourne are two people that come to mind as missing, as does JTG. It's kind of shocking since all three were on at least superstars over the past year. Hell, Evan Bourne was WWE tag team champion still. Nonetheless, it's a great game and worth the money.

Meh, Evan Bourne was released months ago, and no one cares about Alex Riley. I got the game from Amazon UK yesterday and so far I like it, apart from it took m3 3 attempts on "easy" to beat the first Attitude mode match yesterday.

Meh, Evan Bourne was released months ago, and no one cares about Alex Riley. I got the game from Amazon UK yesterday and so far I like it, apart from it took m3 3 attempts on "easy" to beat the first Attitude mode match yesterday.
What are you talking about? He hasn't been released. He was suspended and then he had surgery because he got hurt in a non wrestling related injury. He's recovering from that.
I think it's dumb not to have Alex Riley and Evan Bourne in. It doesn't lessen my view of the game but why take them out and keep the Bellas who left a few months ago? To say no one cares about Riley is ridiculous. He has fans on this website. I personally used him a lot in '12. Just because you don't care about someone doesn't mean no one else does.

Evan Bourne was released months ago, and no one cares about Alex Riley.

1. Evan Bourne is still in WWE. Kharma was the one released months ago, along with Bellas and recently Kelly Kelly. Bourne, as stated, is recovering from injury.

2. Alex Riley has a very strong following, and is only one of the few missing from the game that does. Tyson Kid and Yoshi Tatsu are also absent, as well as Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks. Tyler Reks & Hawkins I would've expected to see considering they had a lot of tv time.

--

Anyway, another minor critique I have about the game... I really, really, REALLY dislike how every match in the attitude era was commentated by JR & King. For the simple fact that JR wasn't that prominent in a lot of the main Attitude Era moments. It was Vince who screamed "That's gotta be Kane!" at Bad Blood... and it was Michael Cole who commentated in the Rock & Foley match, the beer bath on the rock, and even the debut of Big Show. It's one of those things where I really HATE when they try to rewrite history because it makes them look stupid. Plus, JR's not been the greatest commentator since ever.

Okay seriously people if your not happy because of someone not being in the game there is a simple way to fix that...MAKE THEM YOURSELF! Probably works better than bitching and arguing does.

I enjoy JR doing commentary for attitude era mode hes far better than Cole ever was and ever will be. I'm in the Brothers Of Destruction chapter right now and I find it annoying how pointless some of the matches are when all you unlock is a bonus match or frickin Paul Bearer. The off script chapter seems like it will be the best one for unlocking things considering how many things get unlocked in it.

So far no other complaints.

--
Anyway, another minor critique I have about the game... I really, really, REALLY dislike how every match in the attitude era was commentated by JR & King. For the simple fact that JR wasn't that prominent in a lot of the main Attitude Era moments. It was Vince who screamed "That's gotta be Kane!" at Bad Blood... and it was Michael Cole who commentated in the Rock & Foley match, the beer bath on the rock, and even the debut of Big Show. It's one of those things where I really HATE when they try to rewrite history because it makes them look stupid. Plus, JR's not been the greatest commentator since ever.

Yeah, JR didn't do much during the Attitude Era did he? Ask pretty much any wrestling fan who watched the product at that time who the commentators were and pretty much everyone would say it was JR and Lawler.

Who can forget JR screaming "GOD GOD, THEY'VE KILLED HIM!" when Mankind was thrown from the top of the Cell, or his "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!", and he was there when Tyson and Austin squared off, and pretty much every other major Attitude Era moment, such as Jericho's debut, Mankind winning the title etc.

I have no problem with King and JR doing the entire Attitude Era mode commentary whatsoever.

Yeah, JR didn't do much during the Attitude Era did he? Ask pretty much any wrestling fan who watched the product at that time who the commentators were and pretty much everyone would say it was JR and Lawler.

Who can forget JR screaming "GOD GOD, THEY'VE KILLED HIM!" when Mankind was thrown from the top of the Cell, or his "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!", and he was there when Tyson and Austin squared off, and pretty much every other major Attitude Era moment, such as Jericho's debut, Mankind winning the title etc.

I have no problem with King and JR doing the entire Attitude Era mode commentary whatsoever.

I'm not saying JR wasn't there, but he and King weren't the only ones who were there though. That's my problem with it... I get that THQ had limitations, but Cole was already commentating for the rest of the game so why not add him to the Attitude Era mode commentating as well at the correct spots?

No Kurt Angle... disappointing. Yes there is no story mode, it's just basically matches from the attitude era but they are bought in well and enjoyable. Great history lesson for lil Jimmies. Then again there is Universe which is practically the story mode with numerous story lines. OMG moments are pretty cool. I

*Attitude mode spoilers*

How do you complete the HIAC match HBK against Taker at Badd Blood?

I'm on around my 4th attempt to beat the match, and Taker keeps beating me and pinning me.

*Attitude mode spoilers*

I'm on around my 4th attempt to beat the match, and Taker keeps beating me and pinning me.

It took me a while too. Finally I just said screw it, hit my comeback and then lit up Big Evil with some steel chairs. Eventually, it'll have a cutscene with Kane coming out and helping you win the match.

--

Another thing that amazes me is the lack of Drew McIntyre. Although he hasn't done anything to be IN the game, it amazes me that his theme song is there in the title screen, but Drew is still gone. You'd think that THQ would at least put Drew McIntyre's theme for use instead of having you go put it on there through your music library.

I didn't even notice Drew missing. That's no bash on him though because I like him. I've just mostly been using Attitude era stars.

Either I'm not looking in the right place, they changed something or the game is messed up because when I'm doing the Royal Rumble with Stone Cold the mini game to eliminate someone isn't showing up for me when I throw them over the top and they land with their feet on the apron. The corner one and the one with them laying on the apron show up. Am I the only one?

*Attitude mode spoilers*

What I did was exit the ring right away and grab a chair or sledgehammer (whichever you prefer) and beat the hell out of him with weapons to wear him down. Then I just stayed in control as much as possible until Kane came out.

Where is everybody on AE mode? I'm at the second or third match of the Mankind chapter. Anybody have a favorite chapter in the AE mode?

I'm still on the first Stone Cold match because of the problem I listed above. However after the update today it seems to be working fine. I also let my nephew play the DX story today so the time I would have spent playing he played instead.

I'm really liking the mode so far though. I like how they blend together and it's nice to relive some of the stuff I saw as a teenager.

How do I create a title belt in the PAL (UK) cersion on Xbox? Can't find the option in the create mode options, and if it's not there we can't get all the achievements, cos there's 2 relating to created belts! What the fuck?!

And no, I am NOT an achievement ****e, I just enjoy getting them occassionally.

I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this question has been asked, but...

How in the hell do you unlock Jericho in the Off-Script chapter of the Attitude Era? I can't complete the 2nd historical objective: using a Power Bomb as a finisher and Power Bombing Road Dogg through a normal table in less than 5 minutes to get DQ'd.

I've dragged him standing into the table both on the floor/mat and against a turnbuckle, but there's never a finisher option displayed when I have one stored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hollywood Nightmare said:
Where is everybody on AE mode? I'm at the second or third match of the Mankind chapter. Anybody have a favorite chapter in the AE mode?

I've just completed everything in AE mode except for the pesky match mentioned in my above post. As far as a favorite chapter, it's hard to choose because I enjoyed it all, but I received an especially big thrill re-living the Montreal Screwjob and the HIAC Mankind vs. Undertaker KOTR match.

Good game. On a side note, I've played exclusively on Legend Mode on all WWE games for the past three years, but I've never played online because I never had access. I finally acquired online PS3 access about a week ago and tried a few WWE 13 singles matches online....

I GOT DESTROYED!!!

Now I'm hooked. PM me if you want to kick the crap out of a PS3 online novice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back