WWE 13 Hype Thread

Who gets to review it? Also you could always do your own review on here if you really wanted to review it. :shrug:

Anybody going out of their way to buy it tuesday? I will probably not buy it tuesday depends on if I get to gamestop or not.

I was going to, but I may be evacuating civilian pukes because of the hurricane.

lulz

I'm grabbing mine at midnight. My gamestop is doing Assassin's Creed midnight opening and they are giving out WWE 13 since it comes out as well so I'm grab it since my buddy is going for the Assassin's Creed thing. Might as well take advantage of it.

I'm grabbing mine at midnight. My gamestop is doing Assassin's Creed midnight opening and they are giving out WWE 13 since it comes out as well so I'm grab it since my buddy is going for the Assassin's Creed thing. Might as well take advantage of it.

Yeah my buddy and I are doing the same thing. Just doing it in the afternoon instead of at midnight considering he has to go to work for 2 AM.

Not anyymooorrreeeee lulz

Not anyymooorrreeeee lulz

Yup just got the call that my gamestop was closed for the day due to the Hurricane. And of course I have to fill in on nightshift tonight and my plan was just to use my spare time to play the game. Now I need something else. I'll likely read a book.

It hasnt gotten real bad down here yet. Still holding out hope for Taco Bell and a post midnight wal mart trip

Yeah everything is pretty much shutdown here (except Wal Mart). If I hadn't already pre ordered at Gamestop and had it all paid off I'd just go to Wal Mart and get it. I'm sure I'll live a few days without the game.

Just got back from gamestop. Installing game data to ps3....
Also, if anyone has playstation plus and hasn't gotten fan axess, it will be $10 for ps plus members with the playstation store update tomorrow. Just an fyi.

I will be buying Fan Axxess but gonna wait til I move into my new place for that.

The X-Box live rarely connects at my parents house and it was pretty much a waste of a 12 month membership after I moved back in with them, could hardly ever get online.

Once I am all set up in the new gaff and have an internet connection set up I will get the 12 month membership and Fan Axxess.

Just got the game today. Haven't played too much but a couple notes here, im not sure they count as "spoilers" but my life doesn't depend on not getting infractions on a wrestling forum so fuck it.

1. When you guys first play a match, the crowd is VERY loud to the point you can't even hear the entrance music. Some may like, some may not, but for those who dont just go to options and bring down the "SPXF" meter for the crowd audio not to be as loud.

2. The Attitude Era mode is awesome.

3. The game seems pretty glitchy at times. Idk if it's the camera angle or what, but the screens during matches when the camera changes angles would stall or cut when I played.

4. The unlockables are all pretty small and pointless like Mr. Mcmahon in a suit and the whole shit with like 6 different versions of a wrestler, but i've only unlocked a few things and will be buying fan axxess tomorrow.

That's all I got for now. Not much noticable difference from WWE 12 other than the emphasis on the Attitude Era obviously.

Am probably going to get the game in a hour or so. Just waiting on my buddy to call me back for whenever he's ready to go.

Am I the only one having a hrad time filling out shows with this roster? Last year felt like I didnt have enough matches on my shows, this year feels like I have way too many....Hoping the expert CAW makers out there get crackin soon

IMPORTANT QUESTION: What was the first song that played when you first popped in your disc? Mine was Triple H's "Time to Play the Game", which I thought both fitting, and fucking awesome. 1) Because it IS time to play the game, and 2) HHH is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. Maybe the best. I don't know.

Am I the only one having a hrad time filling out shows with this roster? Last year felt like I didnt have enough matches on my shows, this year feels like I have way too many....Hoping the expert CAW makers out there get crackin soon

Let's be friends, yes?

How does this one compare to last years game overall?

The game play overall is largely the same. I will say it looks a bit better; all the important characters look really, really good. They took their time with some, and the finished product shows that. Others...not so much. For instance, Chris Jericho's new entrance looks phenomenal, as does his A.E. entrance. But from pictures I've seen of Ryback, he looks ridiculously, way too small and his eyes are all...beedy and shit.

From what I've played of the "campaign", I love it. They divide up the A.E. and take you through different characters journeys during that time. In the first match, I was HBK and I had to defeat Mankind. As a "historical bonus", if I hit him with a chair in the match, and won via pinfall, I got an extra. After the match it showed I had unlocked "Mankind Brawn Attire". DUring the match, Hunter Hearst Helmsley game down to the ring and threw me a steel chair, which I then used to bust open Foley. His blood was all over the chair, which I then chucked out of the ring. It was really badass.

So yeah, story mode is cool. Visually it's the same-ish. I did notice things seemed more smooth when running around, and the submission break system is much more balanced now. As in, you can actually keep a hold going for a long time, and it's not too easy nor too difficult. And the pinfall system isn't as frustrating; though I'm still playing on Normal difficulty. I'd say in almost every way WWE '13 is better, but it also doesn't do a TON of stuff differently than WWE '12. Nothing is worse though, for my money.

Depends on what your into, as well. If you like creativity and customization, its fucking awesome. I have already set up all sorts of shit in Universe mode

It's official: beating Davey Boy for the European title as HBK, using a submission, is the most challenging thing I've had to do in the game thus far. My fingers hurt...

It's official: beating Davey Boy for the European title as HBK, using a submission, is the most challenging thing I've had to do in the game thus far. My fingers hurt...

Yeah that whole five minutes was brutal.

Onto the same the gameplay is pretty much the same (which isn't a bad thing) but the Attitude Era mode is awesome. I'm big on the little things in video games and they absolutely nail the details in this game such as Triple H coming out to "Ode to Joy" and the famous 3 Faces of Foley promo redone in new graphics.

Although its much of the same I'm finding myself liking it a lot more than last years.

There are some small things that...I won't say they frustrate me, but they do lessen the experience. Like how every single loading screen in Attitude Era mode rotates between the same Ratings War picture, and your match objective. And then the advance screen is just your objective anyways... They could have easly just used the Superstar images here too, and I'd not have gotten bored with them so quickly. But these are small things to pick on, not big-picture complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back