WWE 13 Hype Thread

Oh wow from that brief preview of universe 3.0. Customizable rosters and shows (apparently), chosing how a cutscene will play out (that will be awesome) and generally just looks allot better then what we saw in WWE12. Seriously a proper tag team betrayal cutscene. Wow don't tell me your shows need to have the diva's title still... The internet title is in the game lol.

I am excited.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh.

Arena and show builder options. crossing fingers that GAB and Haloween Havoc set pieces will be in there.

Im already getting rid of everything in my place that isnt nailed down. Its gonna have to be just the tv my xbox and an enormous bean bag chair in preperation for this

I am so fucking up for this game....ATTITUDE ERA FTW!!

It's pretty much spot on now, I hope Create a Finisher is improved though

I'm too lazy to search, but do you have to have the divas championship on your brand this time around or can you just use 4 championships? Just curious.

Getting excited as the days dwindle down. Universe mode looks like it could be something good this year, can't wait.

I'm too lazy to search, but do you have to have the divas championship on your brand this time around or can you just use 4 championships? Just curious.

Getting excited as the days dwindle down. Universe mode looks like it could be something good this year, can't wait.

From the captions we saw in the video the Diva's title must be added on your brand. Hopefully that isn't the case though :banghead:

Excited wouldn't begin to describe my feelings. My buddy and I just did our annual draft over twitter for our universe mode. Really digging my roster.

Sounds good man,

What are your rosters? You gonna be using modern era or Attitude Era stars? And will you add lots of CAWs to your roster?

I end up basically only using CAWs after a few months, WWE12 universe was dominated by my 50 CAWs that I d/l and I barely ever used guys like Ziggler, Sheamus, Barrett etc, they were pretty much jobbers if they ever appeared on the show.

I just finished my final WWE12 universe.

My CAW named Brock Jace will enter WWE13 as the World Champion after beating the undefeated Ryback 2-1 in an Ironman Match at Mania.
Kofi Kingston and Kurt Angle are entering as the Tag Champs. Though without an Angle CAW I guess i can just vacate the titles.
Daniel Bryan is the Hardcore Champion after finally getting revenge on Punk after half a year of torment.
Randy Orton will walk in as IC Champion.

I think I've set up Universe 13 quite well. I removed all those who aren't in WWE13 (and people that appear in DLC such as Drew) from my universe continuity. Also wrote all CAW's out of the story for the time being.

I think i have some decent story lines set up already and future ones depending on when CAW's/DLC come out.

Some strange ratings in there...the divas should be down in the 50s or 60s, not just a couple of points behind the lower ranked wrestlers.

Some strange ratings in there...the divas should be down in the 50s or 60s, not just a couple of points behind the lower ranked wrestlers.
I disagree. I like the fact that the Divas are better rated then they used to be. Playing as people so lowly rated really was annoying. They would run really slowly, and it took longer to damage them to where you can get a 3-count.

Im not really on about the ratings, I could give two fucks, honestly. You can usually edit them anyhow.

I was just on about the mixture of people in the universe. Just.....interesting.

What are your rosters? You gonna be using modern era or Attitude Era stars? And will you add lots of CAWs to your roster?

We are using the guys provided in the game. He doesn't download CAW's in his but when my kid brother and I do ours we will likely use a handful of CAW's.

As for my roster:

AJ Lee
Alicia Fox
Animal
Antonio Cesaro
Bret Hart
Brian Pillman
British Bulldog
Brock Lesnar
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Epico
Eve
Godfather
Goldust
Grandmasta Sexay
Hawk
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Kane
Ken Shamrock
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Mr. McMahon
Natalya
Primo
Randy Orton
Rikishi
Scotty 2 Hotty
Shane McMahon
Sheamus
Stephanie McMahon
Ted Dibiase
Terry Funk
The Rock
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Undertaker
Vader

Could somebody tell me what the appeal is to Universe (aka Exhibition Advanced) mode? I played a bit of it with WWE 12, but to me it just came off as Exhibition mode, except...they told you what matches to play. And you could change everything. Which kind of made it pointless.

I really loved general manager mode for the few games it was in. But there you got to build your own roster and compete for ratings against the opposing roster(s), and book PPV's and all that. It was pretty sweet. Universe mode just seems like a watered-down, conviction-less version of that.

Could somebody tell me what the appeal is to Universe (aka Exhibition Advanced) mode? I played a bit of it with WWE 12, but to me it just came off as Exhibition mode, except...they told you what matches to play. And you could change everything. Which kind of made it pointless.

I really loved general manager mode for the few games it was in. But there you got to build your own roster and compete for ratings against the opposing roster(s), and book PPV's and all that. It was pretty sweet. Universe mode just seems like a watered-down, conviction-less version of that.

Its GM Mode minus the creative control. Instead of you booking the show, the feuds, the interactions the universe randomly does it for you. Now WWE 12 was rather limited due to the lack of editing.

WWE13 on the other hand will allow us to edit the shows (edit an entire match card and save it, change show dates). The fun comes from the random cut scenes that can happen before, during or after the match. That is where the real fun is. Say you have Punk/DB vs Ziggles/Swagger. The universe might randomly decided that ziggles/Swagger attack punk/db on the way to the ring. The Punk might walk out on DB mid-match and afterwards Punk might turn heel on DB. While i only had that happen once (exactly like that mind you) that is why i love the universe, it randomly decides which direction it wants you to go.

You still have the power to change the direction (more so in WWE13 by the looks of it).

That's why i like it.

I'll rent it. Once I beat story mode, I rarely play it again, especially with a new one coming out every year.

This ain't N64. I loved me some No Mercy. I should find that one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back