WWE 13 Hype Thread

Here's what I love:

Dumbasses saying that they know exactly what THQ did to the game when they just revealed the very first of the stuff for the game.

We haven't even seen any gameplay videos of the game yet. Nor have we seen Universe, the story mode, or anything else.

Using your criteria, I would have immediately said no to Skyrim, or any other game.

Here's what I love:

Dumbasses saying that they know exactly what THQ did to the game when they just revealed the very first of the stuff for the game.

We haven't even seen any gameplay videos of the game yet. Nor have we seen Universe, the story mode, or anything else.

Using your criteria, I would have immediately said no to Skyrim, or any other game.

Pretty sure there is gameplay in the trailer. The same gameplay that looks like last years game. People really don't have to be optimistic to the series when THQ has constantly put out shitty wrestling games.

We haven't even seen any gameplay videos of the game yet.

[youtube]3eoCPEHiHLc[/youtube]

From about the 0:35 point on of the trailer is all graphics & gameplay, & nothing shown really looks all that impressive, at least not yet.

I did say no to Skyrim, why? because I don't like those kinds of games.

[youtube]3eoCPEHiHLc[/youtube]

From about the 0:35 point on of the trailer is all graphics & gameplay, & nothing shown really looks all that impressive, at least not yet.
au contraire. What you saw was a trailer with pre-cut scenes.

Gameplay = actual gameplay of said game. We just saw snippets.
I did say no to Skyrim, why? because I don't like those kinds of games.
Yeah, well you can say the same about virtually any game, especially sports games or any annual game (like Call of Duty).

This will be getting purchased.

I get the new WWE game every year, and always enjoy them regardless of any glitches. Although the CC on this years one pissed me off majorly, once I finally managed to d/l my 49 CAWS from there, I was happy enough and had no more use for it.

With Shamrock, DX and plenty of others from the Attitude Era on the game, then that frees up several more spots for CAWs downloads from wrestlers I did not have the space for last year, which is good.

The roster looks pretty sweet to me overall, and the Attitude Era mode should be fun.

The Attitude Era idea is interesting. I rent/buy them every year anyhow, so this won't be any different. Hopefully you can play as Austin. I want to pick my guys this time around.

WWE 12 is very good.

Although I haven't played it in months it will be the one I'm stick with. I won't purchase this espicially considering I lose intrest in the game after a while.

WWE 13 will be a little better than this year.
with the ring breaking.
but the roster will not improve by much cause we will gain jericho.
but lose alot of talent

I'd really just like to see a branching story mode similar to No Mercy's Championship Mode. I can live without the bad voice overs for the dialogue, reading with suffice. I also find it ridiculous when they take out perfectly fine features from previous games that the fans seem to like, such as Create-a-Belt and crowd fighting. Create-a-Belt especially would be useful for Universe Mode.

Most importantly though, they need to tighten up the basic gameplay mechanics and slow the pace down a little. The game should still be accessible in that pulling off big moves and high spots is straightforward but the glitches that have plagued these games for years really need to be addressed and the AI needs to be improved. All the added features in the world don't mean a thing if the basic gameplay isn't solid. It's passable right now, but could still be vastly improved in so many areas.

Considering I A) more or less collect these games, B) didn't experience as many glitches as others have, and C) only occasionally use CC with mostly success, this is looking like a definite pickup as usual for me. I'll probably consistently play it up until February before slowly winding down to nothing left until May when news for next years comes out like always.

I don't see what people are rambling about. I thought that WWE 12 was a great great, well at least for me. Gameplay is much smoother, and I don't know what else more you can ask for. The A.I this year has also improved from SvR 2011. Everything has been improved in WWE 12 from SvR 2011, except for the physics system. I'm highly disappointed in this year's physics system, and hopefully they'll fix it. As for the roster, it's not official, so I'll wait for the official roster reveal.

I don't see what people are rambling about. I thought that WWE 12 was a great great, well at least for me. Gameplay is much smoother, and I don't know what else more you can ask for. The A.I this year has also improved from SvR 2011. Everything has been improved in WWE 12 from SvR 2011, except for the physics system. I'm highly disappointed in this year's physics system, and hopefully they'll fix it. As for the roster, it's not official, so I'll wait for the official roster reveal.

There's a give and take between SVR11 and WWE12. I though 11 had better AI, and it just functioned better. 12 has a ton of problems that seem like easy fixes with patches, but as far as I know THQ hasn't done jack about that. The reversal system is messed up, and AI is repetitive in its matches (I once wrestled a match where the computer Irish whipped me into the same corner about 10 times in a row, and because the reversal system is fucked I couldn't do anything about it), and the pacing of the matches is crappy. Have you ever played a 6 man ladder match? It's awful. You can finish a guy off the top of the ladder, and by the time you've made your way back to the top, he's already up.

That said, they did a lot of things right in WWE12. The camera was better, the signature/finisher/call for finisher/comebacks were all great additions, and the moves felt more fluid when executed.

They need to find a happy balance in WWE13. Bring the new stuff they did right in from WWE12, but make sure they take care of the spots where WWE12 fell short.

WWE Games released 6 entrances for WWE 13 and 6 finisher videos.
Here's one of them.

[youtube]LhGltKbgJPE[/youtube]

Yeah, that's right, NATION OF MOTHER FUCKING DOMINATION MUSIC!

and

Man, reading those Youtube comments is terrible. Someone was actually complaining about Miz's jacket missing some jewels.

I'm excited, especially for the new audio if it's as good as they hype it up to be. The new ring bell sounds good.

Cant wait to this game in fact I will be preodering it for XBOX 360 probably sometime this month my buddy owes me 10 bucks...maybe ill have him pay me back by having him preorder me WWE 13. :shrug:

So, where can you pre-order WWE '13 with all the cool stuff?

Edit: Which is the better one to pre-order CM Punk or SCSA cover?

Don't you get the shirt anyways?

I'm also thinking on getting the SCSA cover for the reason of the ATV and the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back