• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania 29 LD - Greatness vs Redemption, Undertaker vs "God," and BROCK SMASH

At least they let us have last year.

I think the writers are actually decent in WWE but whomever is booking the main event scene needs to be slapped.

I live in hope.

So, that show... happened. If I were asked to describe it in one word, I'd shrug and say "Eh." If I were asked for a longer word, I think I might go with "Meh." About what I expect from WrestleMania, all things considered.

Time to run to my Showtime recordings to cry me through the night.

Beginning to think I should give up on wrestling and get more of a life.

So Cena wins but yet he's not in the ring celebrating? I suppose this is a sendoff for The Rock?
He will be back. Just build up, even though I am happy with how Taker and HHH's matches ended I am not happy win Rock's. I never wanted another Cena reign.

It was good. Not out of this world. I enjoyed it. I'm still weirded out by the decision of having Mark Henry go over Ryback.

so who is watching the postgame show on .com/App/whatever else it's on?

Scott Stanford/Kofi/JR/Dusty at the desk doing analysis.

I hope they keep this going for all the PPVs.

He will be back. Just build up, even though I am happy with how Taker and HHH's matches ended I am not happy win Rock's. I never wanted another Cena reign.

I did. I was bored with Punk months before he lost it. And the Rock was just holding it for Cena.

It was good. Not out of this world. I enjoyed it. I'm still weirded out by the decision of having Mark Henry go over Ryback.

I'm genuinely of the opinion that result was a legitimate, honest to god accident. Why else would Henry go back in to get Shell Shocked?

You guys are overreacting way too much (shocker).

Decent Wrestlemania. Not gonna go into a top 10 or anything but have any of the WM's in the past few years OVERALL done that?
24, 26, 28. I see a pattern there, so I'm hoping for next year.

I'm actually happy for another Cena reign. I feel that his next opponents will be up and comers who need that push.

Assessment:

Opening six man ***
Mark Henry vs Ryback **1/2
Tag team title match ***
Fandango vs Jericho **1/2
Del Rio vs Swagger ***1/2
Undertaker vs Punk ****
Lesnar vs HHH ****1/2
Cena vs Rock ***1/2

Pretty good show. Not the epic that was last year, and the main event fell a little flat for me, but still very good.

Assessment:

Opening six man ***
Mark Henry vs Ryback **1/2
Tag team title match ***
Fandango vs Jericho **1/2
Del Rio vs Swagger ***1/2
Undertaker vs Punk ****
Lesnar vs HHH ****1/2
Cena vs Rock ***1/2

Pretty good show. Not the epic that was last year, and the main event fell a little flat for me, but still very good.

That's about the same for me but I didn't like it overall as much as you did I don't think.

I did. I was bored with Punk months before he lost it. And the Rock was just holding it for Cena.
I thought Punk did a great job with his reign, Cena's year long got old and boring while Punk's was at worst slow.

This is Cena's 11th WWE title and 13th world title. He is turning 36 this month. How many more does he need? Hopefully they use this as his last one and build up future champions. Almost like they want Cena to pass Flair just so they can brag about it.

I'd give the matches:

Shield vs Orton/Show/Sheamus ***
Mark Henry vs Ryback N/A since I refuse to believe that's how the match was supposed to end
Hell No vs Ziggler/Langston ** 1/2
Fandango vs Jericho **
Del Rio vs Swagger ***
CM Punk vs Taker **** 1/2
Lesner vs Trips *** 1/2
Rock vs Cena ***

That's about the same for me but I didn't like it overall as much as you did I don't think.

I watched it with a few friends very casually and joked around a lot, so I might be overestimating my overall impression. We had a great deal of fun mocking Brock Lesnar's screaming.

I'll be in New Orleans for it so I hope so too.
I may be too, so I have the same hopes. I have a pretty good feeling, even though I don't really see new talent significantly stepping up the ladder and that many exciting match options right now.

I just want two pics, The Shield exiting after they won and the epic evil face of Zeb Colter after Swagger loses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back