• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble LD- Lets have a Royal Champion!

Just a few thoughts that have nothing to do with anything major.

Hopefully we're past Kalisto/ADR. They honestly don't have any chemistry and they have sloppy matches.

Charlotte's no-selling of Sasha's Bank Statement irritated me more than it should have. Would it have killed her to hold her arm and or neck for a few seconds?

Also I feel more sympathy for Becky than Bayley, there I said it.

Usos are eventually getting the belts but they haven't had an above average 2v2 match since Tyson/Cesaro (before that, maybe the Wyatts?)

I think we're officially at the point where Kofi Kingston has no more interesting spots to do in the Rumble. Quite a shame.

Brock not going on a rampage against the guys who eliminated him just waiting on the side five feet away was jarring.

Oh and AJ should have taken Ambrose's spot.

Truly excellent Rumble I felt. Awesome way to debut Styles - he looked really good. They played up past beef w/ Owens. Owens and Ambrose both got put over big time by this show. The LSM will be one of the memorable matches for both performers. Ambrose additionally seemed to be given a kind of main event test run during the last bit of the Rumble.

Reigns wasn't booked overly strong but still strong enough. The odds stacking against him held up nicely, especially with the nature of his loss.

Jericho was in there a fudging long time!

Wyatt & Strowman looked v. good.

The only problem i had was Reigns leaving for so long.
1. Because i had $10 on him getting the most eliminations
But more importantly
2. It only continued to turn the crowd against him

I loved pretty much everything about the PPV. If I were to nitpick, I didn't like the fact that Reigns had an extended absence, and then returned and made it right to the end. I never like it when guys are not in the ring, but haven't been officially eliminated, and then return. I realize it happens pretty much every year, but I never like it.

I also don't like it when guys are eliminated by guys who have been eliminated from the match already, right under the nose of the referee. If you go over the top rope and down to the floor on both feet at the hands of eliminated participants, it should not count and said wrestler should be allowed to continue. For that matter, while I realize that heels cheat and I'm OK with that, in the past they at least we're sneaky about it. Now they blatantly break the rules right in front of the ref, with no repercussions whatsoever, and nothing is done about it.

Loved seeing AJ in the Rumble and finally in the WWE. Great crowd reaction and I thought he looked pretty good. Would have liked to see him last a little longer and be eliminated a little more dramatically, but as I said, that's nitpicking.

Triple H winning makes perfect storyline sense. Laying the groundwork for a Wrestlemania moment. Loved the lack of cameo appearances from old returning wrestlers; pretty much everyone in the Rumble had some significance in the current WWE. I thought Strowman looked like a million bucks (too bad he is associated with Bray Wyatt). And I enjoyed all of the other matches from the night too, especially the opener which I thought was awesome.

Solid PPV, hopefully setting the stage for an excellent road to Wrestlemania.

LOL at so many in this LD

"Zomg so predictable I hate WWWWE"

"Roman iz gonna win so predicatable I hate dis"

"Oh fuck you triple H this is the gay"

Stop. Just stop.

Seriously, have you any of you watched wrestling before? This was never going to be anything but Triple H coming out at 30 and winning. Ive been saying it for weeks. It was only further cemented by them making this thing for the title.

Daniel Bryan winning at WM30 was the most predictable thing I can think of in recent WWE history. Doesn't make it a bad story. Just more IWC double standards because they like one guy vs. another.

Anyways, fantastic show, top to bottom.

Crowd was great throughout the night.

Every match was above average to great. Even Kalisto and Del Rio even though it was a botchfest still had great heat and was entertaining.

Best rumble match in as long as I can remember. Probably since 2010.

How fucking good is Triple H and his selling? His scrambling on the apron to avoid elimination was totally believable, great stuff. Also hilarious seeing him take or at least tease everyone's finish :lmao:

Major put over for Dean Ambrose.

Aj Styles ....Fucking AJ Styles!!! Got to do pretty much all of his signature spots

Palapable heat and fury between Owens and Zayn. Goddamn what a great moment.

If I were to opine some small complaints -

What the fuck was with the random ironman performance by pudgy Jericho? Why not give AJ Styles that spot?

What the fucking hell was with the camera angle during the AJ reveal? Roman Reigns face? Really? You cut to wide for the reveal, then back to Romans face for his reaction. Hello.

Why did Brock just simply leave?? Also I could be more pumped to go to traffic court than I am to see Wyatt get squashed at Mania again. A feud with Lesnar does not bode well.

Daniel Bryan winning at WM30 was the most predictable thing I can think of in recent WWE history. Doesn't make it a bad story. Just more IWC double standards because they like one guy vs. another.

The majority of great moments in wrestling were 100% predicatble.

The IWC are the kinds of motherfuckers that would complain about Superman or Batman beating the bad guys at the end of the movie :lmao:

Anyways, my main point was they were all whining about how predictable Reigns winning was, and then when their "prediction that was so obvious!!" was wrong, they were still pissed :lmao:

Anyways, my main point was they were all whining about how predictable Reigns winning was, and then when their "prediction that was so obvious!!" was wrong, they were still pissed :lmao:

So much llove for this post I swear.

It's times like this when I appreciate the posts of anti-smark people like BaconBits.

At the end of the day Helmsley "fucking went over" again and it was honestly the right choice. Reigns still has too much heat from the crowd to risk a third consecutive bomb Rumble. WWE needed this to be an A-class show and I think it was, anyone who says it wasn't is letting their hatred of the mainstream booking conventions blind them.

I mean it's understandable that people resist the "manufactured hero" over the guys that organically got over, but they also need to learn to call a spade a spade and admit that Roman looks freaking good as the top man.

My only qualms were a) Reigns being out of the match for so long, b) Sami Zayn being in the match so briefly, and c) Gordon Ramsey being the iron man.

What the fuck was with the random ironman performance by pudgy Jericho? Why not give AJ Styles that spot?
As I was telling my friends last night, because Jericho is a great worker. He can keep everything in the match in line, keep interest in the match and make all the parts work together. As much as I like Styles and as great of a worker as he is, he simply doesn't have the experience, either in the Rumble style match or with the workers who were in the ring or even the WWE style.

Jericho has become beyond bland at this point, but you cannot overstate how valuable a good hand in a match like that can be.

What the fucking hell was with the camera angle during the AJ reveal? Roman Reigns face? Really? You cut to wide for the reveal, then back to Romans face for his reaction. Hello.
I actually liked how they did it. You hear the crowd roar and then you immediately find out why.

Why did Brock just simply leave??
No idea. You were just eliminated by wrestlers no longer in the match and you don't go back in and at least eliminate Bray?

As I was telling my friends last night, because Jericho is a great worker. He can keep everything in the match in line, keep interest in the match and make all the parts work together. As much as I like Styles and as great of a worker as he is, he simply doesn't have the experience, either in the Rumble style match or with the workers who were in the ring or even the WWE style.

Jericho has become beyond bland at this point, but you cannot overstate how valuable a good hand in a match like that can be.

Yea I figured that's why the kept him around, to be a glue guy and help the match along with so much young talent in there.

The fact AJ debuted in a WWE-centric match that he has never been in and flourished so much is so damn cool. (obviously he has been in battle royals before, but still)

I just would have loved to see him make it til number 30 came out. Triple H taking the Styles Clash probably would have made me throw my kitchen table through the glass/screen door

If you have the book, what closes Mania?

At this point, there is only one realistic option.

Reigns beats Brock and becomes the new Corporate Champion.

Stooooop.

A heel has gone over to close Mania one time, and it was when Russo had the book. Unless you count Austin, which....Sort of was, even if the crowd was like "OH WELL DONT CARE STILL CHEERING AUSTIN"

If anything, that abomination is proof positive that turning your top babyface into a heel in the ME of Mania is a shit idea.

Aj Styles ....Fucking AJ Styles!!! Got to do pretty much all of his signature spots.

Just finished rewatching the Royal Rumble match, and I feel pretty confident that the AJ Styles elimination was in error. Multiple times in the match, Styles (and several other guys for that matter) went over the top rope and barely held on to the top rope, avoiding going to the floor and being eliminated, for dramatic effect. When he went over the top rope at the hands of Kevin Owens, he held on for a split second and then fell to the floor. It looked to me like he was supposed to save himself at that point, again, but he lost his grip and went out.

I am not suggesting for a second that he was supposed to win or that he should have won. I thought his showing was fantastic and it was a terrific debut on the grandest stage of them all. But I can't help but wonder if he was supposed to last longer, but eventually get eliminated. I wonder if the spot filled by Jericho was supposed to be held by Styles, and when he went out, they had to improvise and slot the steady and dependable Y2J into his spot. I even wonder if he was supposed to hold Ambrose's spot, lasting right until the end, but ultimately getting eliminated by the evil authority figure in Triple H. Would have resulted in the exact same result, which I totally agreed with, but made the Styles debut that much more exciting.

No one thought the part time Jericho was going to win, so keeping him in so late was curious. Likewise, while they made Ambrose look like a million bucks last night (and deservedly so), I don't think very many people expected him to win, especially after retaining the IC title and nearly getting his head ripped off in the process. Whereas an AJ Styles presence in the final six or even the final two would have been far more dramatic, way more exciting, without changing any of the results.

I think with the chaos of the Royal Rumble every year, shit goes down that wasn't supposed to happen, or at least, when it happened, forcing a certain amount of improvisation. I'm can't help but wonder if Styles last night was an example of this. I guess we will find out tonight when we see who his next opponent is. If it is Owens, then I guess it was all on script. But if Owens tangles with Zayn, and Styles on to someone else randomly, it will leave me wondering.

The thing was how blatantly obvious they made it that Reigns would be the only thing they cared about that you didn't have to read rumours online to see it. They went so far out of their way to give him accomplishment after accomplishment to try and conjure the fans' cheers that it became ridiculous. The underdog should never be a wisecracking monster face.

:lmao: (not directed at you, btw)

That sentence epitomises why Roman Reigns made one step forward and two steps backward so quickly since "the 2 days of TLC's BadAss Roman Special".
How could a character be an underdog, a monster and be wisecracking all at the same time?!? :lmao:

Oh, and I do agree that him never looking vulnerable won't be taken to too kindly by many who are tired of Cena and afraid of someone else continuing the Superman scthick.

What has Wyatt done to get Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar (presumably) on consecutive Mania cards?

Be perfectly willing to get smoked by them, one has to assume.

What is the point of this? Lesnar beat Undertaker. Wyatt could not beat Undertaker.

No matter who wins, its going to be a big loss for someone.

Stupid idea.

Not only that but Braun looked like a monster. He was no selling Brock for a good while there. Lesnar actually had to try in order to inflict any real damage. He didn't even get a suplex off if I recall. That was a great teaser.

Question to you is:

Assuming they go Brock vs Braun at FL(short match, which Brock wins, ofc), then Brock vs Bray for Mania. Who goes over in that one? Do you keep Brock as the invincible and continue Wyatt's Mania losing streak? Do you try to elevate the Wyatts whilst preserving the aura of the Beast Incarnate?
I'm intrigued by the possibilities of this feud more than both Taker and Cena.

What has Wyatt done to get Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar (presumably) on consecutive Mania cards?

Be perfectly willing to get smoked by them, one has to assume.

What is the point of this? Lesnar beat Undertaker. Wyatt could not beat Undertaker.

No matter who wins, its going to be a big loss for someone.

Stupid idea.

I actually think it'll be a decent match. And options with Lesnar are limited unless you stoop to Wyatt's level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back