Royal Rumble 2013 Live Discussion - Jan. 27, 2013

Rumble was good... I'm pissed that Cena won but not because he's Cena... because I really don't care to see Rock/Cena II. The match wasn't all that great the first time around, I doubt they can do better with a second go around.

I never thought I would be pissed with The Rock. He was always a favorite of mine during the Attitude era but his return this time around has just been embarrassing to watch. He's half-asses his way through valuable segments, and he's just not funny. I appreciate the whole history and adding to his legacy, but the fact that he just hasn't been entertaining is a hindrance.

I'm not going to be one of those haters who claims they aren't watching Mania over this; because I still am. A lot can happen between now and then, but if they go with the plain jane Cena/Rock rematch it's going to be a lot less exciting. At the very least I'm hoping they make it a triple threat and throw in Punk.

I agree that this will be the mainevent... but if you're going to REALLY put Punk over... you make him the winner over Cena/Rock at the biggest stage of them all.. I would totally buy that!
If 400+ days as champion don't get you REALLY over, then nothing will.

Awesome show, loved it. Not even going to add any criticisms cause honestly It'd be nitpicking and I'm not a whiny cunt.

Chris mother fuckin' Jericho is back, babay! Expect a new signature shortly, or in the coming days, week at top.

Royal Rumble match was really entertaining. The pop Goldust got was incredible. I kind of wish they would do the Cody Rhodes/Goldust feud but Dustin said Vince just doesn't see it as profitable. Maybe Vince's opinion has been swayed based off the reaction Goldust got tonight, especially when he and Cody met. The Godfather's entrance, elimination and departure was hilarious. I don't mind Cena winning, It'll build to something, however I'd much prefer Ryback but they'll obviously build WM 29 around Rock/Cena II or Rock/Cena/Punk, either way I'll be satisfied.

On the whole, "Rock doesn't deserve the WWE Championship," crying, whiny bitch-off, what the fuck did you expect? He swore to God he was going to leave WWE Champion and hes a face, quite probably the most over face signed to a WWE contract. At least they made Punk look good if not great. In the weeks building into the match he was superior to Rock on the microphone (don't even argue it), tonight he dominated a majority of the match. At least Punk lost the title to one of, if not the greatest Superstar of all-time and not someone like a Dolph Ziggler, or even a Ryback (and I say that with a great like for Ryback).

This is a business. Goal of a business is to make money. The Rock is going to be a headline in every sport and/or news section in the United States tomorrow and probably all over the world for that matter. He has G.I. Joe coming out so that'll add to the publicity. Him having one more WWE Championship reign is nothing but good from a business standpoint and considering everybody will want to know how Punk will react and see what Rock has to say, I can foreshadow a big rating for tomorrows edition of Raw.

Punk held the title for 434 days. How much more would you like? He comes out of this as he entered, looking like gold. WWE comes out of this with a more vested interest from mainstream media. From now until Wrestlemania, WWE is more-or-less relevant in reality, as Punk said a couple years ago "to the real world," if you don't like it, by all means type away until the skin peals from the tips of your fingers.

It just doesn't make a difference, cause The Rock is still the new WWE Champion.

Great show... well, the last two matches (the only matches I watched).

As odd as it feels to say this, I'm glad Cena won. It made sense. They didn't surprise us because they felt that was the thing to do. Shock value just for shock value is stupid. This made sense, as does Cena challenging Rock for the title at Mania.

Loved the main event match, especially the ending. Endings like that aren't common, and this was the perfect time for something like that to happen.

And who fucking cares how Punk lost. Plenty of people have lost to The People's Elbow. Stop crying, you lunatics.

1) That doesn't make any sense, considering it was McMahon who restarted the match and The Rock lost to evil before hand.

2) I won't argue with that. Just think it could of been handled better.

3) Right. So why couldn't they have just done that in the first place?

Rock said re-start it because he wanted to win it himself. Vince obliged him. They could have done a simple finish, but why not make it complicated? Thats what the WWE tends to do. It needed a bit of controversy. Punk isnt going to just fade off because he lost- especially not like that. Keeps the platform strong for his heel persona.

The ending works. They had a plan & we all knew it months before. Months before.

Would some sort of unexpected twist been nice? Yea. But the twists usually come in the form of surprise entrants. Which we had a few nice ones. People expected Henry & Shelton & some random old time legends- but what we got was nice. Goldust vs Cody, Y2J @ #2, Rey coming back, Godfather's short appearance....

Does this still work just fine? Yea. WWE sets up a huge re-match for WM. I dont like Cena, but we saw this coming. He had to have a way in. Either win the RR or EC. Otherwise what would they have done? Just say randomly "Hey by the way, Cena gets to headline". We knew he would be facing Rock. Now we have a reason that connects the dots. Point A to Point B folks.

Damn. People bitch when storylines dont make sense, now they complain when they do make perfect sense.....

Rumble shaped up pretty much as expected. Rock vs. Cena 2 is inevitable which is fine, not my ideal match but fine nonetheless. Thought it was good all around, not great just good. If nothing else it got from point a to point b.

I don't know why people are angry over the Rock winning. We all knew he made a full time comeback for three months to win the belt. All of a sudden everyone hates the Rock because its the "cool" thing to do? CM Punk had a great run and who better to end it than the Rock. Get over it.
People don't hate Rock cos it's the "cool" thing to do, they hate him because he is lame now. He's turning into the Samoan Cena.

His promo tonight was so damn corny. He's not funny anymore. And that constant movement of his right hand while talking, is fucking annoying. He has no personality anymore. Fuck him.

People don't hate Rock cos it's the "cool" thing to do, they hate him because he is lame now. He's turning into the Samoan Cena.

His promo tonight was so damn corny. He's not funny anymore. And that constant movement of his right hand while talking, is fucking annoying. He has no personality anymore. Fuck him.

You hate Cena and The Rock? Jeez, man. Whaddaya like?

Exactly. It took 2 Tombstone Piledrivers to put away HBK at Mania 25 as well. I would think of more examples as well if I wasn't so tired. The point is, that is the kind of respect that Top Guys get, where they get beat up all match, maybe put through a table, and yet it still takes an incredible amount of punishment to put them away at the end. The fact that it took just a simple People's Elbow to put away Punk at the end has me perturbed, and it was a shit ending to an otherwise awesome PPV.

So what you're saying is CM Punk's title defense = Stone Cold's retirement match... right...

Overall paperview was good. It went as expected so not much to really complain about. I'm fine with Rock winning but I'd be much happier if this didn't signify a "Once In A Lifetime" Part 2 at Wrestlemania. Now all I have to look forward to is the Undertaker match. I'm starting to think it'll be against Punk but I have no clue. Not a bad paperview. Glad my brother paid for it and not me though. :p

bouncy21.gif

I'm feeling butthurt about it all, still. I mean, I get the attention and stuff that Rock brings...but...eeeesh, I dunno.

It would have been cool to have Ryback win the Rumble.

I had fun because of the folks I watched the PPV with.

Jericho showing up was the shocker for the night and I am so hoping it is for more than a one night thing and he will be back at least through WM.

Cena winning the RR match was a let down to me. I wanted Ziggler to win and for the RTWM not to play out like I knew it would as soon as The Rock said he wanted to win the title one more time.

I was disappointed that Punk lost because I love Punk, but I am cool with him losing it to Rock. I thought they put on a helluva match tonight and I wish they would have had a couple matches before Rock won the belt because I seriously doubt we will see a one on one rematch between the two and they worked really well together tonight.

EC Chamber will most likely see Rock get another PPV win under his belt before his loss of the title to Cena at WM. Hopefully Punk or someone else beats Cena to get the belt shortly thereafter.

I had a great time tonight. I do enjoy when wrestling companies get it right and tonight WWE got it right.

First off, Cena winning sets up Mania which is good. What is still unpredictable is the World Heavyweight title and it's good to keep it that way. We don't know who EITHER competitor will be in that match and it's fun to speculate which way WWE will go with it. Since we knew Rock/Cena 2 was likely, why not get to it and be logical?

As for Punk/Rock..........meh. It's pretty clear that Punk is nowhere near on Cena's level at anything involving wrestling. The match wasn't anywhere near Rock/Cena and I was just getting impatient for it to end. I did like the finish though. Loved it actually. I legit was angry when Punk won because I couldn't fathom WWE being stupid enough to keep the title on Punk. That legit emotion changed when Vince McMahon showed he isn't a moron and was going to strip Punk of the title. We always say wrestling lacks logic and here was logic cockslapping us in the face. Then Rock, the babyface, says he'd rather fight than have Punk stripped and the owner makes the change. It worked and then Rock got his big win which was absolutely the right thing to do. Punk's reign was way too long and way too much of a ratings drag. When a program with Rock can only bring up barely above a 3.0, you know you're not a draw.

What I've concluded is the Punk is Shawn Michaels. Certain fans will claim he's the best ever for whatever reason but he'll never have that other-word popularity of a true top guy. It's just that he's "better" in the ring or on a microphone. Thing is, he doesn't bring the mass appeal of a Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Cena. No shame in that, but it's just the way it is.

Fun show though and the booking was spot on. I need to research the last time I said that about any wrestling Pay Per View.......

Great show last night. I liked Jericho's return and fans barking just like 'the big deal' Titus O'Neil. Kofi's chair spot was lulzy. I was really surprised by the pop Goldust received.

I had OMG written in my face, all over my face, when the Rock won; how I felt at that moment must've been how young Cena fans felt when their hero lost to Sheamus years ago.

I feel that the Rock Bottom table botch made the real finish come off a little weak, but if it had gone just as planned I'm sure people would still be complaining about the People's Elbow ending.

Reading through the butthurt on this thread is improving my Monday morning. My god, what a bunch of whiny bitches you are! Cry me a river. Just be happy that you MIGHT get a triple threat match at WM. Punk's reign dragged on forever, and was incredibly boring near the end of it. He's massively overrated on the interwebz anyway. Cena won and Punk lost, the deadly combination.

I like you JJYanks but you have some of the worst, most hypocritical wrestling opinions on the forum.

It's pretty clear that Punk is nowhere near on Cena's level at anything involving wrestling. The match wasn't anywhere near Rock/Cena and I was just getting impatient for it to end.

Do you not understand how differently the matches were booked? Punk was full blown heel with his match against the Rock... so of course there wasn't going to be the constant back-and-forths like Rock/Cena were able to have since they were both babyfaces.

Not to mention The Rock simply looked a lot worst against Punk than he did against Cena. He didn't even have to do much and he was still gassed.

To judge Punk as not being on Cena's level on any form just based off one match is ridiculous.

That legit emotion changed when Vince McMahon showed he isn't a moron and was going to strip Punk of the title. We always say wrestling lacks logic and here was logic cockslapping us in the face. Then Rock, the babyface, says he'd rather fight than have Punk stripped and the owner makes the change. It worked and then Rock got his big win which was absolutely the right thing to do.

Dude, I GUARANTEE if Aries had a year long title reign in TNA and then he lost it to a Sting/Hogan/Jarrett/whoever in the manner Punk lost his match, you'd shit all over it. Guarantee it.

Punk's reign was way too long and way too much of a ratings drag. When a program with Rock can only bring up barely above a 3.0, you know you're not a draw.

What BS man. There were plenty of Raws when Rock and Cena were feuding that drew that low as well.

Reading through the butthurt on this thread is improving my Monday morning. My god, what a bunch of whiny bitches you are! Cry me a river. Just be happy that you MIGHT get a triple threat match at WM. Punk's reign dragged on forever, and was incredibly boring near the end of it. He's massively overrated on the interwebz anyway. Cena won and Punk lost, the deadly combination.

Its not even that punk lost and cena won. Do you want to see Cena v Rock again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back