• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble LD- Lets have a Royal Champion!

Pretty much what I wanted to see. HHH vs Roman makes for a great story.

Indeed, HHH/Authority vs Reigns makes for a great storyline, and I hope WWE go all out with it starting tomorrow itself(no more Sheamus vs Reigns matches, please!).
It could be done without the title on the line.

However, I do understand that given Reigns is being pushed towards becoming "Face of the Company", he has to be the headline act and having the title cements that perfectly.

For anyone who wishes to criticize the PPV, may I call your attention to the fact that AJ freakin' Styles just debuted in WWE at the Royal Rumble? Appears to be bypassing NXT altogether (wonder how Samoa Joe feels about that), would appear to be keeping his name, and is fast tracked into an instant classic feud with Kevin Owens.

What a great fucking show. Best WWE show in years. Solid A. Would be A+ had they switched Jericho and Styles roles in the match around

What a great fucking show. Best WWE show in years. Solid A. Would be A+ had they switched Jericho and Styles roles in the match around

I gave it an A. Really good stuff this year, though I'm not certain where they're going with Mania. HHH vs. Reigns......I can't picture that closing the show.

So obvious Reigns is going to win :(

Triple H. Fuck this.
Which is it?

There are no words for my sheer jubilation right now.
Happy for you.

For anyone who wishes to criticize the PPV, may I call your attention to the fact that AJ freakin' Styles just debuted in WWE at the Royal Rumble? Appears to be bypassing NXT altogether (wonder how Samoa Joe feels about that), would appear to be keeping his name, and is fast tracked into an instant classic feud with Kevin Owens.
Over Sami?

Indeed, HHH/Authority vs Reigns makes for a great storyline, and I hope WWE go all out with it starting tomorrow itself(no more Sheamus vs Reigns matches, please!).
It could be done without the title on the line.

However, I do understand that given Reigns is being pushed towards becoming "Face of the Company", he has to be the headline act and having the title cements that perfectly.
Maybe but now Reigns will get something he's never had before and that's a definitive WrestleMania moment by beating the man that's been terrorizing (pun totally) him for months Triple H and winning back the WWE World Heavyweight championship

The IWC may not like him but the average fan will pay for WrestleMania to see that.

Over Sami?

Yes, over Sami for now at least. It would appear that Sami is headed back to NXT for a while, which I am OK with. A nice feud or two with Finn Balor and Samoa Joe seems pretty great to me. While AJ bypasses NXT and goes after Owens. With some interaction between Sami Zayn and AJ Styles not too far down the road.

Not so sure. Looks like they are pretty happy to throw gas on the Owens - Zayn feud.

Fatal 4 way of doom at mania? Owens ambrose styles zayn??

Ugh I couldn't post a damm thing after the Rumble started. Keep getting no data received and webpage not available. Shit.

Oh well, great show. Rumble was very predictable. Seems they have more work cut out for them with Reigns, I beginning to wonder if this guy will ever truly be over. Heard the boo's when he tried to eliminate Styles, and HHH got one hell of a pop when he sent Roman over the top rope. The crowd obviously wanted a new champion.

FUCKING AJ STYLES DEBUTED. What a reception he got, he's off to a good start already, and he's one hell of a wrestler. Can't wait to see him against Rollins.

RAW tomorrow night should be interesting and I can't wait for it.

Not so sure. Looks like they are pretty happy to throw gas on the Owens - Zayn feud.

Fatal 4 way of doom at mania? Owens ambrose styles zayn??

I think it's going to be Ambrose vs Jericho at Mania after that elimination. I don't know about Owens though. A match with Styles? Zayn? I thought he was a possible opponent for Taker.

It was only predictable to those who read the dirt sheets. If you search out spoilers, you shouldn't be angry when you aren't surprised...

Really enjoyed the match. Styles should have been in the final four and Lesnar should've jumped back in to eliminate Wyatt, but no big complaints.

I liked it. Solid show and entertaining the whole way. The only match that didn't do anything for me was ADR vs Kalisto, as I left all my fucks for that match behind on RAW a week ago.

Maybe now I'll get to see someone have a competitive match with Lesnar that isn't Undertaker, Cena, or Triple H. And Reigns vs Trips is the most logical thing that could have happened. Everything over the last several months has been building up to this. And I am going to embrace it.

It was only predictable to those who read the dirt sheets. If you search out spoilers, you shouldn't be angry when you aren't surprised...

Really enjoyed the match. Styles should have been in the final four and Lesnar should've jumped back in to eliminate Wyatt, but no big complaints.

Yep. It's the right story and as long as HHH loses the title at some point before Wrestlemania goes off the air (which he will), everything is fine.

Yes, over Sami for now at least. It would appear that Sami is headed back to NXT for a while, which I am OK with. A nice feud or two with Finn Balor and Samoa Joe seems pretty great to me. While AJ bypasses NXT and goes after Owens. With some interaction between Sami Zayn and AJ Styles not too far down the road.
I'm not so sure. If needed, they could have Sami run both his final NXT business and his main roster debut at the same time.

And Corbin could fill in for Zayn on NXT on a moment's notice.

Besides, Owens taking revenge is the most obvious next step given the way WWE tells its stories. Who's he going to take his revenge on?

well my Mania card is starting to fill out

Triple H Vs Reigns
Lesnar vs Wyatt
Charlotte Vs Sasha Banks

and then I have Zayn Vs Owens pencilled in as well

Very fun show but they really messed up with Reigns. Taking him out and allowing him to come back later made him look weak and turned the crowd against him again. That was not a good call.

For a little while there I actually thought Wyatt was going to win. Great show despite the miscue with Reigns.

A comment on my site threw out this possibility:

Fastlane - HHH vs. Reigns, Brock vs. Bray

Mania - HHH vs. Bray, Reigns vs. Brock

I've heard worse ideas actually.

Maybe but now Reigns will get something he's never had before and that's a definitive WrestleMania moment by beating the man that's been terrorizing (pun totally) him for months Triple H and winning back the WWE World Heavyweight championship

The IWC may not like him but the average fan will pay for WrestleMania to see that.

Reigns vs HHH was the match that should have happened last Mania when the SHIELD betrayal was fresh, lMO. It was the logical storyline for Reigns but his injury made them fast track him to Brock and it backfired spectacularly.

A comment on my site threw out this possibility:

Fastlane - HHH vs. Reigns, Brock vs. Bray

Mania - HHH vs. Bray, Reigns vs. Brock

I've heard worse ideas actually.
I know the answer is probably obvious, but where would you like the title there?

Is it wrong for me to want the belt in Triple H vs Bray?

Just with his debut, I was immediately excited for the potential of AJ Styles feuds on the main roster. He adds so much content for the show. Easily, the best major signing WWE has made in a long while.

EDIT: Except for Lesnar.

I know the answer is probably obvious, but where would you like the title there?

Is it wrong for me to want the belt in Triple H vs Bray?

No, but I'm worried for Reigns if he goes over Brock to close the show. The heat would be off the charts.

No, but I'm worried for Reigns if he goes over Brock to close the show. The heat would be off the charts.

Reigns has to have a huge heel run if he is to ever get the reactions Vince and Co. desire. Tho, their insistence on booking him as Cena 2.0 when he got over as BadAss Reigns at TLC and Post-TLC RAW baffles me alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back