WWE Bragging Rights LD

They are all good wrestlers.

Of course they are. Me and Doc were talking about who's best.

Also wrestler and performer/worker are not the same thing at all.

Hulk Hogan was a fantastic performer/worker, but he isn't exactly a great wrestler. Two completely different things.

Of course they are. Me and Doc were talking about who's best.

Also wrestler and performer/worker are not the same thing at all.

Hulk Hogan was a fantastic performer/worker, but he isn't exactly a great wrestler. Two completely different things.

You are getting in-ring performer and wrestler confused. It's okay, terminology is hard.

Well the Raw/Smackdown match saved me from an embarassing WZPC showing. I got everything right for that match, Edge with the final fall, 2 people on the winning team, and Miz taking the last fall. Other than that, terrible predictions.

Two completely different things.

Not in pro wrestling, where your ability to draw is more important than your ability to do a fifty-reversal combo. It's why I hesitate to call Danielson "The Best Wrestler In The World", even though he's my favorite.

I was scared this would be one of the ppv's where nothing happens. This was sadly confirmed.. Might skip TLC but will definitely see you all at Royal Rumble, cheers!

1. He landed on his knees/feet in on the ground, then fell on Zeke. There was no momentum on the splash, it was as if he just laid down on him.
2. Zeke kicked out, yet it wasn't acknowledged.
3. The red stopped Miz from attacking, even if he was the legal man.

It WAS botch of the year.

1. Rey never lands on an opponent with any force with that splash. lol
2. Zeke probally wasnt meant to kick out.
3. Thats the ref's fault

So no, its not that big of a botch, i know it was a botch, but it wasnt just Rey's fault was what i was trying to imply.

Not in pro wrestling, where your ability to draw is more important than your ability to do a fifty-reversal combo. It's why I hesitate to call Danielson "The Best Wrestler In The World", even though he's my favorite.

You're right, drawing ability is clearly way more important. When I hear wrestler though, I think of in-ring skill/ability. Performer/worker to me is on the lines of drawing ability.

Not saying you're wrong. Just what has always come to my mind.

You're right, drawing ability is clearly way more important. When I hear wrestler though, I think of in-ring skill/ability. Performer/worker to me is on the lines of drawing ability.

THEY ALL CAN DO REVERSALS AND SUPLEXES THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ACTUAL "SKILL"...ITS FUCKING FAKE, YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? The ones who do all that shit are BOOKED to do so!!! Its the phsycology of the character, not actual descrepency in "skill" between preformers

Working IS wrestling, though. If a man can tell a good story and engage the crowd, he's a good wrestler. However, if a man can do silky-smooth reversals and mat wrestling and the like, he's a good technician.

People seem to forget that there are also different STYLES of wrestling. What makes a technical style "better" than a powerhouse or brawler style?

I'm kinda surprised the Undertaker didn't rise up from the Grave and cost Barrett the match. I seen the DQ to give Barrett the victory, the moment he told Cena he was fired if Barrett didn't "win the match".

But I at least assumed Taker would rise up and give us something more than what we've seen a dozen times over.

Bryan/Ziggler likely had the match of the night for me. The Raw/SD elimination match was good, but I failed to understand why Big Show didn't even get a single elimination. I mean, Miz at least lasted until the final elimination - Show barely made it half way through before he was done.

1. Rey never lands on an opponent with any force with that splash. lol
2. Zeke probally wasnt meant to kick out.
3. Thats the ref's fault

So no, its not that big of a botch, i know it was a botch, but it wasnt just Rey's fault was what i was trying to imply.
1. Actually he DOES land with as much force as a small man like him can generate falling off the top rope. This time he clearly landed before the downed opponent and just gently laid down on top of him. Hence botch #1
2. He wasn't supposed to kick out, or the ref wasn't supposed to count to 3. Likely the former. Hence botch #2
3. The ref screwed up by stopping the legal man from attacking the other teams legal man while he was NOT in the ropes. Hence botch #3.

It was a triple botch. Was it all Rey's fault? Not Totally, but mostly. Zeke kicked out because he would look weak as shit if he was downed by a man less then half his size gently laying on him after a move Rey never wins with (the 619). The ref should not have stopped Miz, that's his fault, but it's not his fault he counted to 3, he should have. Zeke kicked out to try and save some face (a smarter thing would have been to kickout after the 3).

THEY ALL CAN DO REVERSALS AND SUPLEXES THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ACTUAL "SKILL"...ITS FUCKING FAKE, YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? The ones who do all that shit are BOOKED to do so!!! Its the phsycology of the character, not actual descrepency in "skill" between preformers

So Tyler Reks could pull off everything that Kurt Angle or CM Punk does? Right.

There's clearly skill involved. The fact that it's fake has nothing to do with it.

There's clearly skill involved. The fact that it's fake has nothing to do with it.

If he was properly trained to do so, then yes, he likely could. You know that 50% of every move is the guy taking the bump, right?

But why would he? Its not what his character is based on, or toward. He is a huge crazy fuck with dreadlocks, no need to go further than that.

Notice the vast majority of "technical" styled characters are little guys?

Gee, wonder if there is a fucking connection there. Mark.

I'm kinda surprised the Undertaker didn't rise up from the Grave and cost Barrett the match. I seen the DQ to give Barrett the victory, the moment he told Cena he was fired if Barrett didn't "win the match".

But I at least assumed Taker would rise up and give us something more than what we've seen a dozen times over.
He literally was just "buried alive". Nobody comes back an hour later from it. He will take a month off, and come back at the Survivor Series or at TLC.
Bryan/Ziggler likely had the match of the night for me. The Raw/SD elimination match was good, but I failed to understand why Big Show didn't even get a single elimination. I mean, Miz at least lasted until the final elimination - Show barely made it half way through before he was done.
DB/Mr. Ziggles definitely had the best match.

Show DID eliminate someone. He eliminated Sheamus via Countout. That also might have started a Show/Sheamus thing going into the Survivor Series (or even as far away as WrestleMania, if Sheamus doesn't get fed to Taker). They are opposite team captains (face/heel teams) at Survivor Series. Sheamus interferes in a Show PPV title match at TLC, preventing him from winning. Show jumps Sheamus at the Rumble, they fight at Mania.

Goodlay,

Each wrestler has the ability to have better 'talent' in the ring than any other, but thats not all there is to Wrestling. If that was the case, the fucking Ultimate Warrior would have a worse win/loss record than Zach Ryder - with even less Championships.

Well, he can do moonsaults, MVP (who's shit) can do the rolling Germans (so it stands to reason that Reks could learn too), The GTS isn't exactly rocket science, nor is the Angle Slam, Ankle lock or 9/10 of their other moves. So Yes, he probably could.

Goodlay,

Each wrestler has the ability to have better 'talent' in the ring than any other, but thats not all there is to Wrestling. If that was the case, the fucking Ultimate Warrior would have a worse win/loss record than Zack Ryder - with even less Championships.
1. You misspelled my favorite wrestlers name. Shame on you.
2. ZR should have a better W/L record then the Ultimate Warrior, and ZR needs more championships. US title Feud with DB, leading to a match at TLC, where ZR wins the belt.

As I have said 384,279 times: if the most amount of moves known determined the best wrestlers in the world, Dean Malenko vs. William Regal would have headlined about 7 Wrestlemanias in a row.

1. Actually he DOES land with as much force as a small man like him can generate falling off the top rope. This time he clearly landed before the downed opponent and just gently laid down on top of him. Hence botch #1
2. He wasn't supposed to kick out, or the ref wasn't supposed to count to 3. Likely the former. Hence botch #2
3. The ref screwed up by stopping the legal man from attacking the other teams legal man while he was NOT in the ropes. Hence botch #3.

It was a triple botch. Was it all Rey's fault? Not Totally, but mostly. Zeke kicked out because he would look weak as shit if he was downed by a man less then half his size gently laying on him after a move Rey never wins with (the 619). The ref should not have stopped Miz, that's his fault, but it's not his fault he counted to 3, he should have. Zeke kicked out to try and save some face (a smarter thing would have been to kickout after the 3).

Well the way you just put it makes it looks like it's all Zeke's fault.
He didnt want to look weak so he went against what he was told and tries to kick out, while Rey and the ref weree unaware of it? So, Zeke fucked up badly then, regaurdless of Reys top rope mishap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back