3 - Devil may cry 3
4 - Zelda ocarina of time
5 - Perfect dark (n64)
6 - Football manager 2010
7 - Metal gear solid 3
8 - Bioshock
9 - Gta 4
10- Portal

Keeping in mind i have portal 2, red dead redemption, batman arkham asylum, fable 3, bioshock 2, bayonetta and dead space 2 waiting at home for me to play when i get home from college this summer

People already saying "That's not the best game ever" gets me annoyed. Not only is it completely subjective, half the time they don't even give a reason.

I'm not sure why, I just allways enjoyed the Legend of dragoon more than FF games. I think it could be a pretty good game with a grafics and gameplay update for the Ps3. No matter the cost, I would still buy all the discs. I had all 4 at one point and time, but I don't know what happened to them. I still have an old ps1 that I could play them on. But no game store around here has the copys. I could get on ebay, but whenever I remember it I never have enough money on my check card. It kinda pisses me off, but if it is in the tournie for some reason. I will be backing that and any pokemon game.

I guess it depends on which criteria you use. I choose games that really stand out and help define genres as the best games of all time. I guess others consider their favorite games the best.

Macios Top Ten List

1)Ocarina of Time (N64)
2) Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
3) Kingdom Hearts PS2
4) Super Smash Bros. (N64)
5) Mario Kart (Wii)
6) Pokemon Yellow (GB)
7) God of War 3 (PS3)
8) Age of Empires (Computer)
9) Wii Sports
10) Sims 3

I consider the best games ever to be the games that give me the most enjoyment. Not only that but it goes a long way. I mean, I can see how important Zelda is to some people but I cannot stand them... Not one of the. So, why would I vote for it to be best game ever? You know?

I consider the best games ever to be the games that give me the most enjoyment. Not only that but it goes a long way. I mean, I can see how important Zelda is to some people but I cannot stand them... Not one of the. So, why would I vote for it to be best game ever? You know?

Bullseye.

tumblr_li6r79vmQx1qaxlrqo1_500.gif

I feel ya Dave. it really is depending on what criteria you wish. I mean, I rank OOT as the best video game of all time, but if it goes up against Wind Waker which I enjoyed more than that, i'd vote for Wind Waker. That doesn't necessarily mean Wind Waker is a better game, just my personal preference in voting.

Because the tournoment asks for the 'best' game as opposed to your favorite. I've submitted quite a lot of games to this thing that were either published before most of the voters were born or are of a nature where nobody is likely to have heard of them.

The problem is that many of these games were phenomenally successful during their time period but they also revolutionized the industry in a way that the majority of contemporary titles could only dream of.

If everyone simply votes for their favorites then what we get is a really shit tournament with hardly any debate in it. No level of argument or persuasion is going to change anybodies mind on the subject of what their favorite games were when they were twelve. It'd be like people voting for The Fast and the Furious 2 over The Godfather. Dumb and pointless.

Me, I don't have a single voting criteria. I'll be basing my votes off of; popularity at the time, subsequent popularity, influence on the industry, influence on the genera, use of technology, genra status.

Popularity aside, Goldeneye has little going for it. It did nothing at the time that had not been done before. It did nothing that would not be subsequently done better. A critical look from a modern perspective shows the much acclaimed multi-player to border on unplayability unless gamers institute their own rules.

The only reason Goldeneye will do well is because the usual age around these parts is about twenty-three years, and as such Goldeneye was a relic of everyone's childhood. If you look at history there has always been one seminal FPS starting at Woolfensteinn, going through Doom and Quake, past Goldeneye and Timesplitters all the way up to Halo.

Future generations are going to worship Halo in much the same was as Goldeneye is worshiped today. At that point it will incredibly hard to explain to people exactly why Goldeneye is any good using rational reasons. That's because it isn't really.

So yeah; don't vote based on your childhood favorites. Vote based on logical argument and debate. It'll still give the same result but will lead to a much more fun tournament and will make posts like this one cease to be a complete waste of time.

In the Top 50 list, does every game come seperated like Sims 1, Sims 2 and so on or merged like Civilization for the whole (pretty homogeneous) series? Like the original Tetris was great, but successors were undoubtly better from a pure quality standpoint.

Myself, Irish, Sly, Tasty and Norcal have set out on an adventure together.

Our journey ran out of food. Irish died, Sly got a fever and you broke your arm.

I AM THE GREATEST.

As for the list, I'll probably vote properly in the tournament, but the list I will be picking from games that I've actually played a lot. This has also been PMed to Lee.

1. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
2. Championship Manager 01/02 (PC/Mac)
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Various)
4. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
5. Formula One (PlayStation)
6. Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)
7. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
8. Grand Theft Auto III (Various)
9. WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role (PlayStation)
10. Theme Hospital (PC)

Air Combat (PlayStation)
Beijing 2008 (Various)
Call Of Duty (Various)
Cannon Fodder (Commodore Amiga)
Championship Manager 96/97 (PC)
Columns (Game Gear)
Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation)
Donkey Kong (Arcade)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Driver (PlayStation)
Duck Hunt (NES)
FIFA 98: Road to World Cup (Various)
Goldeneye (N64)
Grand Theft Auto (PlayStation)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Various)
Halo (Xbox)
ISS Pro Evolution 2 (Various)
Jonah Lomu Rugby (PlayStation)
Lylat Wars (N64)
Madden 07 (Various)
Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Medal of Honor (PC)
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (Various)
My World 2 (Acorn 3000)
Pacman (Arcade)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360)
Sim City (PC)
Sonic The Hedgehog (8-bit version) (Game Gear)
Space Invaders (Arcade)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Various)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Tetris (Game Boy)
TOCA 2: Touring Cars (PlayStation)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Wii Sports (Wii)
Worms (Various)
WWF Attitude (PlayStation)
WWF Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (Various)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who included a fair amount of wrestling games on their list this year.

Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy should totally be on everyone's list. Those two games RULED FACE.

The greatest games that I've ever played is Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption and Resdient Evil 4. Reading these posts however, I've realised that none of these games would win.

Manhunt 2 Tdigs? I hated that game. Very disappointing after the great first game.

The Klan bounty hunters are perhaps the funniest characters I've ever come across in a video game. I know they were in Manhunt but they were in top form in part 2, hence my pick.

I will fight tooth and nail for Heavy Rain this year should it be involved.
EDIT: And Deus EX!

As much as I enjoyed Heavy Rain, there is no way it should make it deep into the tourny.

Don't get me wrong, I've defended that game many times on here, but I can't imagine it going far when we are talking about Best Video Games of all Time. It'd be a potential contender for 2010, but not all time.

I'm almost done my list, I have five more spots to fill, then the ranking. I've included games that I haven't actually played in my overall list, but my top ten will be only games that I've played.

I brought Harvest Moon: Back To Nature off the PSN some months back. I don't think I've played a game more on my PS3 than that. I really enjoy it.. Man, I am boring as fuck.

Oh, and Final Fantasy X is probably the best PS2 game I've played.

Problem wih harvest moon is there are 23 games and 11 spin offs since 1996 with the first japanese release yet there's not much difference in the games.

I have never heard of the game series before I downloaded it. I've tried some other ones that came after it, but there's a certain charm to big heads, an offset directional control scheme, and very dated yet colorful graphics. :p

That and I play the game with my niece a lot. I think she has learned more about math and responsibility in the four months we played that game than she has in 3 years at expensive day care.

My Top Games:

1 - Final Fantasy 9
2 - Final Fantasy 10
3 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (prolly the best "easiest but not really easy" game to play ever)
4 - PokeMon Silver
5 - God of War (just the first one)
6 - Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
7 - Super Mario World
8 - Phantom Brave
9 - Super Mario 64
10 - Pucelle Tactics

I don't play many video games, just the same ones over and over. haha

Reactions: Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.