Video Games Tourney hype thread

There was a reason I asked for 50 but ok give me 40 if you want.

So you guys can send me a list. Top 10 seeded that is the priority and if you want other games in send me a list with up to 50 in total (ie 40 on top of your 10 list).

You've been able to name them since the early versions. In the one I listed you even get to assign skills and all that shiz.

Our journey ran out of food. Irish died, Sly got a fever and you broke your arm. I had to call the thing off at that point. I'm digging out the most up to date version for a bit of fun.

On another topic Norcal, did you ever look in to picking up Fire Pro R? I can remember us exchanging PMs about it back in the day and you being all "I'm gunna buy a PS2 for that game".

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. Its been so fuckin long. that sounds like a damn rough journey. I broke my arm killing something, no doubt.

I beleive that conversation took place a bit before I had to...um, take my leave of abscence from these parts. Now that I have been reminded of it, it may be something to look into. I always feel like I have massive amounts of time to kill during the summer months

Here's my list:

1) Bio-shock (360)
2) Fatal Frame 2 (PS2)
3) Leisure Suit Larry 2 (PC)
4) Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
5) Yakuza 2 (PS2)
6) Silent Hill 4 (PS2)
7) Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
8) Resident Evil 5 (360)
9) Dead Space 2 (360)
10) Dead Rising (360)
Alan Wake (360)
F.E.A.R. (360)
F.E.A.R. 2 (360)
Dead Rising 2 (360)
Dead Space (360)
Yakuza (PS2)
Fatal Frame (PS2)
Fatal Frame 3 (PS2)
Leisure Suit Larry (PC)
Night Trap (Sega CD)
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (PS2)
Bully (PS2)
Crash Bandicoot (PSX)
Siren (PS2)
Saints Row 2 (360)
Gears of War (360)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Bulletstorm (360)
Borderlands (360)
Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis)
Manhunt 2 (PS2)
Silent Hill: 0rigins (PS2)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (PS2)
The Thing (PS2)
Deadly Premonition (360)
Mister Mosquito (PS2)
Streets of Rage (Genesis)
Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)
Streets of Rage 3 (Genesis)
Twisted Metal (PSX)
Twisted Metal 2 (PSX)
Wipeout (PSX)
Megaman X2 (SNES)
Megaman X3 (SNES)
Chip's Challenge (PC)
Maniac Mansion (PC)
Assassin's Creed (360)
King's Quest 2 (PC)
The Secret of Monkey Island (PC)
Super Punch-out!! (SNES)

Fuckin Kings Quest.

Oh for the days when point and click games were allowed to be laughably unfair.

Sorry Lee, but I couldn't think of 10 more games that I played that I liked! If you want I'll come up with a few more.

And I assume we're not including sports franchises/SVR?

I'll PM you a list later tonight Lee if you still need input.

Manhunt 2 Tdigs? I hated that game. Very disappointing after the great first game.

And my list is sent! All of these are based on my own personal enjoyment of the games and their impact on me. I'm also really bad at ranking things, so none of them are in any order except for the top ten and even those are mostly interchangeable in regards to their spots on the list:

1. Super Mario 64 (N64)
2. Super Mario World (SNES)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
6. Mega Man Legends 2 (Playstation)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC)
8. Tetris (Gameboy)
9. Wario Land 3 (GBC)
10. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Megadrive)

Gunstar Heroes (Megadrive)
No More Heroes (Wii)
Shenmue (Dreamcast)
Mischief Makers (N64)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Audiosurf (PC)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)
Pokemon Gold (GBC)
WWF No Mercy (N64)
Sonic CD (Sega CD)
PaRappa The Rapper (Playstation)
Star Fox 64 (N64)
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All (Nintendo DS)
Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (GBA)
Gitaroo Man (PS2)
Final Fantasy VIII (Playstation)
Paper Mario (N64)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Arcade)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Portal (PC)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
The World Ends With You (NDS)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Ninja Five-O (GBA)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PS3/XB360)
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Streets of Rage 2 (Megadrive)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Banjo-Tooie (N64)
Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (GBA)
Comix Zone (Megadrive)
Lords of Midnight (ZX Spectrum)
Maniac Mansion (Multiplatform)
Ristar (Megadrive)
Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Megadrive)

I'm going through the old videogame tourney for fun, and some of these posts are just awesome.

OoT was simply a better game than Wind Walker. I don't think theres a person alive who hasn't played OoT. The gameplay was great, and the game was uberly fun to say the least. OoT takes this, and I'm going to cry if Wind Walker gets a single vote.

EDIT: Sorry about the whole forgetting to write the er. I play a video game with one of the abilities is Wind Walk. Seeing as how its an imbalanced move, its typed a lot. It was instinct for me to type it the way I did.
>Walker
Diamond Dallas Page said:
I highly enjoyed X, but VIII will always be superior in my eyes. I think it gets a bad rap for whatever reason, I never could figure out why. I have spent many happy hours with VIII, and I enjoy everything about it more. X is fantastic, but VIII is just a bit moreso.
Jeesh, I used to be fairly bad.
I am voting GTA3. Meele was good but no where near as good as GTA3 in my opinion. I liked playing GTA3 much more than meele and I found it to be more fun. I just think that GTA3 is a way better game and I am voting for it because of that reason. I just liked playing it more, but I still think Meele is a pretty good game, just not as good.
"That" ST post!
What!? I can't belive GTA is losing to Super Smash Brothers!?

What the Hell? I personally think that GTA is a better game in every single way you can imagine. Even the legacy argument is redundant here because GTAIII has spawned some very successful games from it. I honestly cannot believe that SSBM is winning here. I honestly cannot see why It is even winning!? I heard someone say it was because of the replay factor but come on, I would much rather hear Tommy yell at people for hours than play SSBM.

Vote GTAIII for the love of God.
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
And Lee's response was great, in the good way.
What the fuck is this? Tetris is fun...not some amazing piece of gaming craftsmanship in a 2009 tourny. This needs no explanation at all...seriously.

Vote Kratos.
lol

I can't seem to find Milkyway's Goldeneye post, unfortunately. He may have made that in the spam zone, but who knows.

Man, am I excited for this year's tournament!
6 golden coins is one under rated game.
That it is. I tried including lots that weren't "obvious" that I also really, really enjoyed. Hope a few of them make the cut.

All I can remember doing is making some angry rants about how I don't believe the Final Fantasy series is nearly as good as many people think that they are.

Doc has similar sentiments to myself I'd say, interesting he put Majora's mask over Ocarina of time. I completed majora today without using any help like I did last time when I cba doing it properly and it is in my eyes much harder than it's predecessor. Some of the things are just really really un-obvious and take a while to find out because they're time dependent etc.. Right I'm not going down that track any longer, I'll be on it all day.

Question for Lee though. Is it alright if I just do top 10 or even 20 for this, I'm not sure I can bang out that many games from memory in any sort of order.

Oh yeah, I would absolutely put Majora's Mask over Ocarina of Time because of the sheer amount of courage it took to do something so uniquely different and pull it off.

Yes that's fine to do just your top 10. 10's min 50's max.

I never liked the 3D Zelda games very much. I always thought the franchise peaked with A Link to the Past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back