Wrestlezones Top 10 Wrestling Games

With all the top 10 lists lately on the site, Wrestlezone has released a top 10 wrestling video games, which should be fun to see peoples opinions about on here.

If you havent seen, the list goes..

10 - Def Jam: Fight For NY
9 - WWF Wrestlefest
8 - Tecmo World Wrestling
7 - Smackdown Vs Raw 2006
6 - WWF Raw
5 - WWF Wrestlemania 2000
4 - WWF Smackdown
3 - Fire Pro Wrestling Returns
2 - WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
1 - WWF No Mercy

With an honourable mention to Fire Pro Wrestling on the GBA

Reading the list, I was suprised, but not dissapointed at the inclustion of Def Jam. Def Jam 2 was a game I remember renting and being suprisingly impressed by, the customisation was great fun, and once you had a few matches, the game engine was really fun to use. To be honest the wrestling wasnt emphasised in that game but it was still there so im glad it was included.

If it was my personal list, I would make two changes, that is to remove WWF Raw and replace it with WCW/NWO World Tour... I know Revenge is better, but World Tour was the first wrestling game I ever played, and I played it alot. So I would include it just for that experience. It was the first time I was introduced to WCW in the first place... though the only wrestler I knew was Hogan.

I would also switch No Mercy and Here Comes the Pain, though they are both fantastic and rightfully should be in the top two positions, I just prefer Here Comes the Pain a little more, what do you guys think of this list? and if you were to compile your own list, how would it differ?

i dont understand why wwf raw is even on that list to be honest , my list would probably be

1.WWF No Mercy
2.Smackdown Here Comes The Pain
3.WWF Smackdown 2
4.Wrestlemania 2000
5.Smackdown vs Raw 2007
6.WCW NWO Revenge
7.WWF Day Of Reckoning 2
8.Smackdown vs Raw 2006
9.WWE Wrestlemania XIX
10.WCW NWO world tour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online